Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 Sign Ups!

This tourney needs more weak opponents so sign me up! <_<

As for the "winner gives loser a consolation prize" thing, I don't mind it at all. Though if it were implemented, it would seem like a pretty prize-heavy tourney. I would personally remove the lottery prizes and replace it with this system.

Hopefully, there will be more active participation all around this time. And am I blind or is Item Clause no more?

shadowbulba - No one is going to redistribute your Pokemon, where did you get that idea from? =/

Persian / Pedro - I ask for an opinion because it's not a 'for sure' thing yet. Is it so hard to comment on it?

Persian said:
exactly what i wanna know, why put me through the hassle if i already know what will happen if i lose =/
No need to be an ass about it. I didn't realize saying: 'I dislike/like the idea because of 'x' reason' was such a hassle. I think adding someone with such attitude to the tournament might be a hassle if that's the case.

Davy - Depends on how this one goes to be honest. I'm giving Smogon WiFi a second chance. It's really up tot he players to take it or leave it.

Everstone - Sure you can donate, but you should participate as well.

LGY - Well the more things going around the better IMO.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok guys I'm back. Look for this post to be editted with the pertinent replies to people, and then the entrants list to be updated.
You never updated that I am offering my Flawless HP Ice Bronzor as a prize. I will EV and moveset to the person's will.

Just so you know Pablo, I left the last one cuz my Internet failed for a month. It wasn't intentional. I won't be joining this one since I'm busy with SRing and stuff but I can probably provide a prize.

Ok that's fine Everstone. Too bad, it would've been cool to see you join.

forbidden - I figured as much. And no problem, GL with your projects.

Entrants list updated. 48 people so far, I'm hoping all 48 of you are commited to this!

It would really make me happy if you didnt ignore me and put me up

i think the whole concept of giving the loser a consolation prize is brilliant :D

I'm not ignoring you, it's just such a hassle to add you, just as it is a hassle for you to give a decent opinion on the subject I asked for.

I will add you in the next update.

Wow I think the only part of the OP I didn't read was the post your opinion on the whole give a poke to the loser. If anything, I think the loser should give a poke to the winner. I mean they did win right. I wasn't a participant in the first tournament, so I can't say whether I think this idea is necessary to make everyone complete there battles. But if you and people who participated in the original tournament feel that it is necessary, do it.

EDIT: Am I in?

I think giving the loser a pokemon would be a nice gesture, but in the end, to much controversy would arise out of it. I personally would see it as a "well you sucked, have this to make you feel better" kind of award. Like "Tuskate, you were the shittiest kid on the little league team, but you get a trophy too". That shit pissed me off when I was a little kid. I say frak it.

I really wanted in on the first one and now I can't wait to get going on this one. I think I'd also volunteer a prize to the top two finishers. They'd be probably get the first and second best pokes in my thread as determined by me.

The point of the reward isn't to make the losers feel better, its to encourage everyone to finish their battles. If you have a 1-3 record, you know you have no chance of winning, and due to that you may wanna just forget about completing. But it screws up the swiss system, so this is pablo's idea to keep people throughout the tourney...

It's an interesting way to do it. But maybe there could be a way to change the system to eliminate people who are mathematically out of it? I don't know. I would want to complete all my battles just because I would want to battle all my buds on smogon.

I wouldn't have a problem giving away a prize. Just personally I wouldn't accept one for losing. That's just me however.

We wish everyone was like you xD. But swiss works where you are affected not only by your record but by your opponents and opponents opponents records, and the losers do have somewhat of an effect in determining the top whatever

Ahhh I see. Alright, I guess I never really understood the swiss system. I still hope it works out (and I get in), and if this little prize system is what it takes, then so be it.

Pm'd you GB.

Pedro you are there.

Entrants are updated, prizes are updated and more will probably come. Everyone who entered will be recieving a PM from me today which you NEEd to reply to, before this tournament can begin.

Are you sure about the limit of people allowed in the tourney, i know it is swiss, but who will keep track of the wins and loses? Will we post somewhere? The bigger the harder it will be to keep track of i think.

Edit: also, i havent decide on what to give out yet, is it fine if i post it here? or is it to be secretive?

justenough - I have a software that does all that, and calculates tie breakers and everything, don't worry about it.

You need to PM me back, posting here won't do it.

I'd like in, if there's still room. :)

Note: My wifi access can be somewhat limited - I have to go to the library to get wifi. So basically I'm limited to an hour a day, weekday afternoons. Hopefully I'll be able to participate.

Ah, I read the first post but missed that...

I think it's a great idea - it's actually what appealed to me about the tourny. Everyone wins!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)