Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 Sign Ups!

Due to (semi) popular demand, and because I like some of you (and despise others), I will be running another tournament.

Results of the last Tournament:

1st place - JohnXkid
2nd place - SWChill
3rd place - TheHuntBegins

You guys have store credit in my shop incase you want to use it.

This will be run the same as before, if you do not have a trade thread/Smogon store, you are not allowed to participate. Sorry for this but it's the best way to try and have hacked Pokemon off the tournament.

No invitee list this time lol, cause that was a bad idea and only got people offended.

As for the Rules, these are:

* 6 on 6 single battle.
* No ubers
* Sleep Clause -- only one pokemon on your opponent's team at a time can be put to sleep by you.
* OHKO Clause
* Double Team Clause
* Last Pokemon Self- KO Clause

Ask if you are not familiar with any of these. Deoxys-S is indeed allowed for this tournament.

The tournament format will again be Swiss, so no one is eliminated until the end with a cut to Top 8 most likely. But I do encourage if you think you can't make all the Rounds (1 per week), please do not join. I was pretty dissappointed with the last tournament, which is why I was hesitant to run this one.

Now here's an idea I wanted to run by, to make the matches more significant, but would love this to be decided on as a whole by everyone who signs up. If you do not post your opinion on this subject when signing up, I will not sign you up. Note that this will only be decided until after I close sign ups, and will let everyone know about it before hand, incase anyone doesn't like it and wants to drop out:

My proposal, is for every match that gets completed, the winner has to decide to award something to the loser, that is self-bred. Can be something cool, or can be something that no one has asked you for. It is COMPLETELY up to the winner of the match, and the loser cannot complain about what he/she gets. I think it'd be a nice touch to encourage the matches to be completed, and for example, I wouldn't be giving out something like my Quiet Licklicky, but maybe something like my Eevee or whatever, it's again, up to the winner solely and this is simply a proposal, not something that will be enforced, and hence why I want feedback.

EDIT: The awarded Pokemon will HAVE to be in the winners current trade thread, and ANY complaining at all (including sarcastic remarks and what not) about the Pokemon you recieve WILL lead to an automatic DQ.

With all that out of the way now, I'm sure people are looking forward to the prizes. These are the following:

1st Place - 4th Place

Bold - Serene Grace
IV's: 29 / 03 / 31 / 26 / 24 / 25

5th - 8th Place

Hasty
IV's: 15 / 31 / 16 / 12 / 02 / 31

9th Place
1 Store Credit

So yeah, new tournament guys, per alot of requests, sign up :D.

The tournament will start this Sunday, with a 1 week deadline again for the matches to be completed.

Entrants:

1.- SS4Azelf
2.- BlakBlastoise
3.- Gin
4.- guraboy (Tommy)
5.- VIPUmbreon
6.- ilikerice01
7.- SWChill
8.- sixonesix
9.- Mr GoodBar
10.- TheSpinner
11.- DawnBringer
12.- justenough215
13.- Phizzlax
14.- Bentendo1
15.- Lorelei
16.- kamikaen
17.- bobdigsea
18.- Too Hungry35
19.- jimbo422
20.- da big blast
21.- 0mastar
22.- Scruffy
23.- Mr. Happy
24.- spannertastic
25.- Prince of Panic
26.- NC
27.- Tri-DarkSouls
28.- august (johnXkid)

29.- Dalevl
30.- Gengar Master
31.- TheHuntBegins
32.- Sikh Assasin
33.- Toothache
34.- Metal Flame
35.- sandman
36.- TheForgottenSoul
37.- The Punisher
38.- Eiganjo
39.- Frokko
40.- Termed
41.- shadowbulba
42.- Star900
43.- Syberia
44.- rocket
45.- Kopakalaka
46.- Miltonic
47.- weakestlink33
48.- Little Green Yoda
49.- Persian
50.- Ambitions
51.- tuskate
52.- -Pedro-
53.- JerryBeans
54.- guraboy (Eva)
55.- Chaos Emperor
56.- ambervoid
57.- fgtron
58.- BAM UR DEAD
59.- devoninja
60.- falconpwnch
61.- Ghandi1988

If I missed you please LMK, but make sure you have completed the requirements to sign up.

Prizes donated:

BlakBlastoise's Hasty Darkrai.
Pulse's Lucario.
Vivi's pending.
Arseus's Tyranitar (10th place).
Tri-DarkSouls Moltres.
Ditto's Bronzong.
bobdigsea's Combee.
tuskate's Scizor and Gengar.
sixonesix's Cyndaquil.
Gin's shiny Weavile + Dodrio.
EE's Smeargle + Sneasel.

I guess I'll sign up.

EDIT: The whole concept of it seems both good and bad. The good part of it involves building "sportsmanship" and encouraging others to work harder or, try to outbreed whatever you give them. The bad side is that you never know what you're gonna get. Some people can and probabally will get offended by something like me giving them a 0/0/0/0/7/31 Mild Larvitar spitback or, someone may just pass a hack through without anyone knowing.

Overall, I like the concept, but, it does have a few drawbacks.

Can i join again?
Okay what i meant was that it is a good idea. For people with small threads it is often impossible or very difficult to get a good pokemon and with this rule in place we can get something from one of the bigger threads, by simple winning a battle. I'm sure no one will give out crappy pokemon. it may also make people more likely to battle (i recall a certain someone who said it was a waste of time) because getting pokemon is prety much what Smogon wi-fi is all about.
Trying to make this more clearer: i think this is a great addition to the tournament.

Edit: I'm willing to give my Gay Darkrai as a prize (for the actual tournament, not the person who beats me. maybe a 4th or 5th place prize?) if anyone wants it. I'm not sure if it will make a good prize though.

Yay! Sign me up!

Yea the the pokemon gift sounds great. It'll keep people interested and more likely to complete their battles.

1.- SS4Azelf Jirachi
2.- BlakBlastoise Blastoise
3.- Gin Chansey
4.- guraboy (Tommy) Dewgong
5.- VIPUmbreon Chimchar
6.- ilikerice01 Honchkrow
7.- SWChill Feraligatr
8.- sixonesix Snorlax
9.- Mr GoodBar Magnezone
10.- TheSpinner Alakazaam
11.- DawnBringer Salamence
12.- justenough215 Pikachu
13.- Phizzlax Regigigas
14.- Bentendo1 Starmie
15.- Lorelei Moltres
16.- kamikaen Floatzel
17.- bobdigsea Combee
18.- Too Hungry35 Wormadam-G
19.- jimbo422 Metagross
20.- da big blast Bronzor
21.- 0mastar Uxie
22.- Scruffy Metagross
23.- Mr. Happy Pachirisu
24.- spannertastic Dragonite
25.- Prince of Panic Darkrai
26.- NC Altaria
27.- Tri-DarkSouls Absol
28.- august (johnXkid) Ambipom
29.- Dalevl Eevee
30.- Gengar Master Deoxys
31.- TheHuntBegins Staryu
32.- Sikh Assasin Solrock
33.- Toothache Lugia
34.- Metal Flame Pinsir
35.- sandman Charizard
36.- TheForgottenSoul Lapras
37.- ThePunisher Lucario
38.- Eiganjo Ekans
39.- Frokko Dustox
40.- Termed Clampearl
41.- shadowbulba Shieldon
42.- Star900 Poliwrath
43.- Syberia Cresselia
44.- rocket Azelf
45.- kopalaka Rotom
46.- Miltonic Milotic
47.- weakestlink33 Pikachu
48.- Little Green Yoda Slaking
49.- Persian Shaymin
50.- Ambitions Porygon2
51.- tuskate Ledian
52.- -Pedro- Drowzee
53.- JerryBeans Aerodactyl
54.- guraboy (Eva) Butterfree
55.- Chaos Emperor Tyranitar
56.- ambervoid Meganium
57.- fgtron Togekiss
58.- BAM UR DEAD Empoleon
59.- devoninja Uxie
60.- falconpwnch Hitmontop
61.- Ghandi1988 Slakoth
62.- PokeMONstar Elekid
63.- Surf116 Gengar
64.- Pablo Piplup

id like to join as well :D

and im all for the addition of personal battle prizes as an incentive to get these battles done. i didnt participate in the last tourny but it seemed to drag on far too long. maybe you should set a time limit? and any battles not completed by certain dates warrant DQ from the tourny?

I'll sign up. I should be able to make it.

Now here's an idea I wanted to run by, to make the matches more significant, but would love this to be decided on as a whole by everyone who signs up. If you do not post your opinion on this subject when signing up, I will not sign you up. Note
that this will only be decided until after I close sign ups, and will let everyone know about it before hand, incase anyone doesn't like it and wants to drop out:

My proposal, is for every match that gets completed, the winner has to decide to award something to the loser, that is self-bred. Can be something cool, or can be something that no one has asked you for. It is COMPLETELY up to the winner of the match, and the loser cannot complain about what he/she gets. I think it'd be a nice touch to encourage the matches to be completed, and for example, I wouldn't be giving out something like my Quiet Licklicky, but maybe something like my Eevee or whatever, it's again, up to the winner solely and this is simply a proposal, not something that will be enforced, and hence why I want feedback.
Idk if this is what you meant by "If you do not post your opinion on this subject when signing up, I will not sign you up" but here goes:

I agree with this proposal. It's somewhat of a consolation prize to the losers so they dont feel extremely terrible about losing (especially someone who got 6-0d, for instance) I agree with this idea.

EDIT: when is this going to start?

I guess I'll sign up.
Wow you sure sound enthusiastic.

I'd love to sign up. I'm unsure of giving breeds to losers. On one hand I like the idea, on the other you shouldn't really be signing up if you don't want to do this. I'm mostly in favor of it though.

guraboy, yeah that will always be a problem, the last tourney didn't even get completed! but yeah, I could issue DQ's, but how do you determine which of the two users was more active than the other. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not. Mini Guerra said she'd be willing to help out with this last tiem, and I PMed her about it. I guess it'd be nice to have mroe people help me out to determine that easier.

EDIT: Dates will be added tot eh 1st psot, sorry I forgot. Ditto that probably leaves you out of it, sorry :(.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In to win and will remember to bring a counter for Yanmega :(

EDIT: I like the idea of the giving pokemon thing. Easy way to get pokemon.

Oh hell yeah.

Edit: As for your idea, I really don't have an opinion. I'm fine with it or without it.

Edit 2: Hey, maybe I ought to offer a prize. Could I, Pablo?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: Dates will be added tot eh 1st psot, sorry I forgot. Ditto that probably leaves you out of it, sorry :(.
Alright. Well if you need someone to help out then PM me. I won't be able to get onto WiFi, but I should be able to be around Smogon pretty actively.

I guess I'll sign up.

EDIT: The whole concept of it seems both good and bad. The good part of it involves building "sportsmanship" and encouraging others to work harder or, try to outbreed whatever you give them. The bad side is that you never know what you're gonna get. Some people can and probabally will get offended by something like me giving them a 0/0/0/0/7/31 Mild Larvitar spitback or, someone may just pass a hack through without anyone knowing.

Overall, I like the concept, but, it does have a few drawbacks.
Which is why the Pokemon has to be in the Winners thread. I wouldn't want people giving out a random Bidoof/Starly they caught when they started out the game.

EDIT: Alot of people aren't reading the whole first post.

sixonesix - Of course you can, BlakBlastoise is doing it too. Please PM me about it.

I'm in. I'll offer up my Shiny Heatran for the winner too :D
Anyone I beat in the tournament will get something nice too.

guraboy, yeah that will always be a problem, the last tourney didn't even get completed! but yeah, I could issue DQ's, but how do you determine which of the two users was more active than the other. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not. Mini Guerra said she'd be willing to help out with this last tiem, and I PMed her about it. I guess it'd be nice to have mroe people help me out to determine that easier.

oh your absolutley right about that. for some reason i forgot to consider that you would somehow need to decipher who was the main reason the battle didnt get done. honestly though, i dont know how you could regulate that :|

Now here's an idea I wanted to run by, to make the matches more significant, but would love this to be decided on as a whole by everyone who signs up. If you do not post your opinion on this subject when signing up, I will not sign you up. Note that this will only be decided until after I close sign ups, and will let everyone know about it before hand, incase anyone doesn't like it and wants to drop out:

I assume you want us to comment on the above quote. It seems like a good idea to me. However, it will become problematic if people don't appreciate what they are given. Honestly, if this is included, there will be at least one person complaining about getting simply 'x' Pokemon when that Pokemon sucks or whatever.

I'd like to join assuming you'd let me in considering I had trouble finishing my battles last tournament. If not I understand.

Hello. Yes, sure, I would like to join. Also, I like the tournament system. It's more fun to everyone (in my opinion). About the "gift for the loser", I like it very much. I think it will be OK if the winner also choses to do it or not. I mean, not everyone wants to do that (or don't want to give it to certain users). Also, I think the loser could chose not to accept the gift, right? Some gifts could actually sound like an offence. Anyway, yes, I like the idea very much. Count me in.

The first post says tournament starts this sunday... I'm guessing you mean July 20th. That's fine with me, but can you post a time? There's a possibility I wont be able to make it in time for my match.

EDIT: oh i just saw that it says "1 week deadline" so that means i can battle my opponent between this sunday and next sunday, right?

Ditto - Thanks, I will tomorrow, sign ups are aways crazy with all the editting and questions and replies :P.

guraboy - Yeah, I sometimes go by post activity, interest in the tournaments thread, PM's about special situations etc., but yeah it's usually hard and that is why I'd be glad to get some help from people.

Betendo1 - Any complaining will lead to a direct DQ, and I will make sure everyone knows this by the first Round. And no I have no problem in you joining, I simply expect you to make an extra effort to complete your matches.

Lorelei - I don't think having the winner 'decide' if he wants to give something out or not defeats the purpose of it being an 'incentive' but certainly the loser could simply politely say no thanks to the prize.

VIPUmbreon - Yes you are correct, you will have from Sunday to probably Monday to complete your match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)