Sports NFL Thread: 2022-2023 Season

The poor Eagles or Cowboys are gonna come to Tampa off a 13-4 season and get Tom Brady voodoo'd into hell by the worst coached team in the NFC.

Seahawks vs 49ers
Chargers vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Bills
Giants
vs Vikings
Ravens vs Bengals
Cowboys vs Buccaneers

Hoping to see the Jaguars make some noise, they are heating up at the right time and I like what they got going on down there.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Seahawks vs 49ers
Chargers vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Bills
Giants
vs Vikings
Ravens vs Bengals
Cowboys vs Buccaneers

Hoping to see the Jaguars make some noise, they are heating up at the right time and I like what they got going on down there.
Knowing what the Niners did to my playoff bracket last year, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Seattle beat them just because it’s that obvious San Francisco should win that game. On the bright side, I have some family relatives that live down in Jacksonville, and per my sister’s report, “it’s all they can talk about right now” that they made it into the playoffs this year coming off of their 2020 and 2021 seasons. Sacksonville 2.0, anyone?

Seahawks vs 49ers
Chargers vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Bills
Giants
vs Vikings
Ravens vs Bengals
Cowboys vs Buccaneers

These are my exact predictions as well

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As always, go birds

Cautiously optimistic about the playoffs for the Eagles. Last three games we didn't look great but ultimately controlled our own destiny and took care of business in the last game of the season, even if it meant beating the Giants' backups lol. I think the bye week will do us good, like getting Jalen Hurts some more time to recover from the shoulder sprain and Lane Johnson somehow getting his adductor in better shape? (seriously dude is a warrior for even trying to play through it) Idk, obviously I would like to see a Super Bowl again because it was great last time, but ultimately this is a better season than anyone could have hoped for at the start, so I think I'm already satisfied and anything we do in the playoffs is just a bonus.

...unless we play the Cowboys in the playoffs, I would be upset if we lost to them lol

Seahawks vs 49ers
Chargers
vs Jaguars
Dolphins vs Bills
Giants vs Vikings
Ravens vs Bengals
Cowboys vs Buccaneers

Im obligated to stick with my Superbowl pick of Bucs over Chargers despite the terrible coaching on both teams.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Wanted to make sure I got my picks locked in for this year's bracket before the Seahawks/Niners game begins here in about ten minutes or so. Winners also cover the spread unless otherwise specified.

Wild Card Games

49ers beat Seahawks
Chargers beat Jaguars
Bills beat Dolphins, but don't cover the spread
Vikings beat Giants
Bengals beat Ravens
Cowboys beat Buccaneers

Divisional Round Games

Bills beat Bengals
49ers beat Vikings
Chiefs beat Chargers, but don't cover the spread
Cowboys upset Eagles

Conference Championship Games

Chiefs beat Bills (again), spread winner TBD
49ers beat Cowboys

Super Bowl LVII (57)

Chiefs beat 49ers, upset potential depends on how the spread turns out

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
(Awakens from the hot take chamber) calling illegal man downfield for the first time in 4 years in the 49ers game is proof positive that the NFL HATES Black QBs. These refs are RACIST. (This is a joke please no flame).

Bills vs Bengals in the Divisional - we get to see the game that got canned due to the Damar Hamlin tragedy

Admittedly I'm worried about our secondary's ability to cover all of Cincy's weapons but still LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Beyond that - 49ers over Cowboys, Eagles over Giants, and Chiefs over Jags (sadly)

The only two teams that looked like playoff teams this weekend were the Eagles and Bengals. Unless something goes horribly wrong that's your SB.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Wanted to make sure I got my picks locked in for this year's bracket before the Seahawks/Niners game begins here in about ten minutes or so. Winners also cover the spread unless otherwise specified.

Wild Card Games

49ers beat Seahawks
Chargers beat Jaguars
Bills beat Dolphins, but don't cover the spread
Vikings beat Giants
Bengals beat Ravens
Cowboys beat Buccaneers

Divisional Round Games

Bills beat Bengals
49ers beat Vikings
Chiefs beat Chargers, but don't cover the spread
Cowboys upset Eagles

Conference Championship Games

Chiefs beat Bills (again), spread winner TBD
49ers beat Cowboys

Super Bowl LVII (57)

Chiefs beat 49ers, upset potential depends on how the spread turns out
When I made this, it looks like I had my seeds wrong on who actually played who, assuming these games went the way they did. The main one I had messed up was the Cowboys in the divisional round, as for whatever reason I thought they would have been playing against the Eagles instead of the 49ers. I still actually stand with that selection, albeit with a rock/paper/scissors pattern of "Eagles beat 49ers, 49ers beat Cowboys, Cowboys beat Eagles".

This is only part of why I'm posting tonight, though. It's come to my attention that several, and I mean several fans think both of the conference championship games were rigged this year, even by referee standards. I wasn't following both of the games in full, but I think I can say one thing with utmost certainty.

There's a lot more that goes into football officiating than you might think. There's only so many ways I can say this without a bunch of 49ers and especially Bengals fans trying to cancel me or something, but I don't think the referees were ever the biggest problem in the sport. Are they a problem sometimes? Yes, but not every time. Something that cannot be refuted, however, is that football teams that lose big games primarily have themselves to blame for letting the game get to a situation where the referees might have an impact on the outcome of any given matchup. Professional sports remind me of bipartisan voting politics: your fans either celebrate the win or think you got cheated in the process.

Referees have it rough. I'd argue it's one of the hardest jobs out there in any profession. Going in front of tens of thousands of people, to say nothing of the far greater number that may be watching a sports game in a different way, and being required to make split-second judgment decisions that, under most circumstances, will leave at least one of the two team's group of fans upset isn't something I would wish on my worst enemy. These guys have to go into every game knowing pretty much every rule in the book by memory, and just to make it even worse they're required to point out which player and/or group of players committed any given penalty.

At the very least, even if push comes to shove and there are sketchy things going on behind the scenes, I get that people are upset when their favorite team loses in a big prime-time matchup. I get it. From what I can tell our community seems to be relatively clean as far as sports toxicity is concerned, but just in case, I want this post to be a reminder to always treat both the officals and the fans of the other team with nothing but respect. Being upset is okay, but no one likes having to put up with that.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
>roots for the Vikings in the WC because they're my team
>they lose
>roots for the Jags and Bills in the Divisional round because they're my AFC teams
>they lose
>roots for the 49ers Championship round because Brock Purdy is from Iowa State
>they lose

Who should I root for in the Super Bowl?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnus
RMT Leader
So a lot of my co-workers are Eagles fans, I did call they and the Chiefs would win to go to the SB. I'm predicting the Chiefs to pull an upset to Philly fans.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnus
RMT Leader

Tom Brady has retired, again. Hopefully he stays gone this time.
“hopefully”, I mean jeez he’s the greatest quarterback of all time and it’s not even close. The level he’s been playing at even at 45 is still extremely high. Show some respect.

I would like to see him play another season but to be honest I don’t know if I can see him as a Buc

I'm a Bills fan - that man has caused me too much pain over the years.

But I can frame it in a respectful way - hopefully he stays gone so he doesn't have another season like this to tarnish his near-perfect legacy. 2021 was his last chance to ride off into the sunset at the top of his game.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Time for some NFL late-night bold predictions before I go to sleep. But first, my Super Bowl pick.

Chiefs upset Eagles (was previously 49ers before I noticed the seeding error) 24-17, win second Super Bowl in four years (2-1 in three appearances in Andy Reid era)

Now for the bold predictions, all of them being for future seasons

• The 2020s will have at least one team achieve the first 0-17 season in NFL history
  • The Bengals will lose in their next Super Bowl appearance with Joe Burrow before eventually finally winning on their fifth attempt at some point in the indeterminate future
  • The Jaguars will make their first Super Bowl appearance during the Doug Pederson/Trevor Lawrence era- and win that game in the process
  • Russell Wilson will win Comeback Player Of The Year next season behind an improved coaching staff and an improved offensive scheme
  • The Bills will reach a Super Bowl with Josh Allen within the next 2-3 years following a blockbuster trade and earn their long-deserved ring (I feel for you guys)

Editing This Post So I Don't Double Post

About a week ago I started working on a revised list of what my favorite teams in the league are. I ranked all 32 teams on a tier list based on how much I enjoy watching them, how much I enjoy their players and staff members, and any other factors that may help or hinder a team. Once this goes live I'll provide a link to the tier list maker just in case anyone's interested.

1675632105123.png

Explanations for the top four:
  • Dallas: After having arguably my best season ever picking a specific team's games in any sport, how could I not put them here?
  • Jacksonville: They have an aspiring, young team and I also have family members that live there
  • Philadelphia: Arguably my favorite roster in the league, and the autism foundation even exists in the first place
  • Seattle: I guess that one year of flag football nostalgia just never left me after all these years, and prime Russ was one of my favorite players

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)