Sports NFL Thread: 2022-2023 Season

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Seahawks fans that booed Russ just now are assclowns
Agreed. In my eyes, real fans of a team will try and support their old players even if they go to a different team. I unfortunately can’t watch the game live right now, but as a Seahawks fan, that was just sad to watch the clips of.

Agreed. In my eyes, real fans of a team will try and support their old players even if they go to a different team. I unfortunately can’t watch the game live right now, but as a Seahawks fan, that was just sad to watch the clips of.
Even the Patriots fans gave Tom Brady a standing ovation last year

ppl hyped up the Saints all offseason and just forgot that they lost one of the 3 best coaches in the NFL and replaced him with a .250 career record defensive head coach.

I cannot understand it.

ppl hyped up the Saints all offseason and just forgot that they lost one of the 3 best coaches in the NFL and replaced him with a .250 career record defensive head coach.

I cannot understand it.
Imagine talking shit when Tampa trailed for 3 quarters lol

My Bills are back up doing what they do best!

Blowing out teams and blowing close games.

The Bills are a staggering 1-7 in their last 8 games decided by one score. Super bowl favorites my ass. I don’t where the media hype train came from this year.

I predict at least 5 losses and another second round exit from the playoffs. Kansas City is still kings of the AFC until proven otherwise.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I just finished making a tier list based on how every team has been performing through the first three weeks of the season. I'd expect these rankings to change as we get deeper into the schedule and have our first batches of bye weeks for teams around the league. Here's what I was able to come up with based on factors like margin of victory, who played which teams, et cetera. Often times, upset wins and upset losses will balance each other out, hence the wide array of mid-tier teams this so far this season.

1664376592391.png

Now for some early-season takeaways, too.
  • Despite their 3-0 start with two upset wins, I'm not entirely sold on the Dolphins just yet. The team still has two areas I would like to see addressed before I choose to call them legit contenders, those being the lack of a run game and the numerous offseason drama stories the organization was involved in. The Dolphins' league-leading passing attack is great to see, but if you actually look at the statistics you'll find that this is more so because of the play calling ratio of runs to passes throughout their games. If they can show me that the people running the organization (notably without their old coach) can utilize the run game tools they have more while still maintaining their passing attack, then I'll be convinced they're the real deal.
  • The NFC East is unironically doing really well so far to start the season, but how much of this is because other divisions are under-performing compared to their expectations? The frontrunning Eagles in particular have what I believe to be the most well-rounded offense in football right now, but they haven't played any tougher opponents yet and their defensive inconsistency still concerns me just a little.
  • The Denver Broncos are in a weird spot right now. Their offensive game across the board was supposed to be receiving a major overhaul with Russell Wilson and a new offensive coordinator from Green Bay, but this is all happening at a time where their new head coach isn't doing very well at all. The result is a lot of ugly scores and uncertainty on a weekly basis.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I genuinely hope that whoever approved Tua to play last night loses their job and gets fined and more. Watching him go down and having that clear reaction of repeated head trauma is one of the most disturbing things to have happened on field in modern football. I might be biased because Tua and I are basically the same age and I can't imagine myself having that kind of injury, I genuinely hope that Tua can get some sort of compensation for this clear lack of concern toward his well-being.

The bears are doing good compared to what I expected
Also, how is my Mississippi State guy Charles Cross doing with the Seahawks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)