Resource National Dex Viability Rankings

about15guys

Who's this chainsaw man
is a Pre-Contributor
:Basculegion-F: from B to B+
this pokemon is just insane, almost nothing can switch in when rain's up and its amazing speed tier + immunity to espeed make it an incredibly potent threat, being a major contributor as to why I think rain's great right now, could MAYBE be grounds to raise peli a tier but that's probably a bit much

:Rotom-Wash: from A- to B+
Washtom has been feeling on a downwards trend lately, as a water resist it has issues with longlevity due to its lack of recovery moves, and while wisp support and ability to pivot is nice, its feeling less good

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: from B+ to A-
why was this dropped lol, its still a very good pokemon, at least in the same tier as clef

:Basculegion-F: from B to B+
this pokemon is just insane, almost nothing can switch in when rain's up and its amazing speed tier + immunity to espeed make it an incredibly potent threat, being a major contributor as to why I think rain's great right now, could MAYBE be grounds to raise peli a tier but that's probably a bit much
Adding on to this, with Kingambit banned BascuF has a much easier time firing off powerful attacks since it doesn't risk getting pursuit trapped nearly as often anymore. It's definitely great.

Also dropping quick thing (I just made a couple noms but I forgot one and also have a quick new one in light of the Gambit ban)

:Garganacl: A -> A+
Forgot to do this earlier. Insane progress forcer against a variety of teams. Unless you've got Gliscor or a Covert Cloak Dengo, it's a very obnoxious mon to switch into. Spdef protect lefties sets rack up tons of passive damage and help against weather teams nicely, also not bad into Mega Diancie. Ironpress can straight claim games against teams lacking a way to break it fast enough (aka special attackers or trick users). Curse sets can flip the Covert Cloak Dengo match up. Very relevant defensive mon, not without counterplay of course, but great anyway.

:Dragapult: S- -> S
Something I'd say was borderline before, but no more Gambit pushes Pult to the top I think. DD sets have so much more freedom and don't need to fear being trapped anymore, specs can just click buttons now, and it still has amazing versatility even beyond those. I'm a fan of Firium Z sets, but I've seen classy sub wisp hex sets as well as dual screen sets with curse. Super defining mon

:basculegion:

B--> A- or B+

Now the newly released fish Basculegion has seemingly mediocre stats, but with swift swim and wave crash, it can deal absurd damage to any non-resisted and even resisted hits.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Basculegion Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew in Rain: 418-494 (103.4 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (418, 424, 428, 434, 438, 444, 448, 454, 458, 464, 468, 474, 478, 484, 488, 494)

Mew is used as a reference as it has averaging bulk and is a representation of what can be hit, as it has evenly distributed stats. Even with max defense and hp, it still gets OHKO'd by a wave crash in rain. For a more replicable example:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Basculegion Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn in Rain: 230-271 (65.3 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yep, even with a resist it's a nuke.

Basculegion only struggles in a few areas, such as being virtually useless once Pelipper dies, and it dies to any priority such as:

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Basculegion in Grassy Terrain: 578-684 (151.7 - 179.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What is going on with pult and gholdengo guys. They were -S in Gambit meta. Particularly pult, but Gholdengo is rampant as well.

Just really want a update, are we waiting for new DLC in two weeks? Any information about where we are at would be much appreciated.

What is going on with pult and gholdengo guys. They were -S in Gambit meta. Particularly pult, but Gholdengo is rampant as well.

Just really want a update, are we waiting for new DLC in two weeks? Any information about where we are at would be much appreciated.
Well i dont have a ton of info, but from what ive heard, there s
you can expect a quick slate in 1-3 days; we didnt forget!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!(I know, One Liner) It was about damn time we got some news. Imma say another sentence just so its not a one liner, is that cool with you?

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
As I said above, we decided to do a quick VR update before NDPL, after the Kingambit ban, and for Summer Seasonal. We've added some new UR Pokemon into the fray, so I'll explain them below:

:moltres:
Moltres has been picking up in usage due to its OU rise this month; and for good reason. It's a good check to Pokemon like Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, and Iron Valiant while also being able to burn fish against or force out the likes of Great Tusk, Kartana, and Mega Lopunny; all of which are huge to have checked on any team. It also provides good utility in U-turn and Defog as a plus, so there's that.

:mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz has been a common question mark in the community on whether its good or not. However, due to it being able to check one of the best Pokemon in the metagame, Dragapult, having a lot of utility under its belt, and its common success in tours have made it worthy of a raise onto the VR.

:muk-alola:
Alolan Muk sounds wonky as first, but don't be fooled. It's good defensive profile allows it to check and trap tyrants like Volcarona, Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Dragapult, and mess with Gholdengo; albeit being beaten in the long-term.

:suicune:
Suicune saw a lot of ladder usage during July due to a certain someone spamming it during NDLT, and it has been ranking for it being a somewhat consistent win-con. Tera also allows it to become even better in some matchup its hates just like it would do to any Tera wincon, so yeah. #SuicuneToTheTop

Now, onto the rises and drops!
e: also s/o to Lameflame for voting in Jho’s spot since he is busy rn
Code:
New Additions:
Moltres: B-
Mandibuzz: C
Muk-Alola: C
Suicune: C

Rises:
Dragapult: S- -> S
Gholdengo: S- -> S
Iron Valiant: A+ -> S-
Garganacl: A -> A+
Gliscor: A- -> A
Toxapex: A- -> A
Kartana: B+ -> A-
Samurott-Hisui: B+ -> A-
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: B+ -> A-
Baxcalibur: B -> A-
Skarmory: B -> B+
Tyranitar-Mega: B -> B+
Weavile: B -> B+
Cinderace: B- -> B
Cresselia: B- -> B
Slowking-Galar: B- -> B
Victini: B- -> B
Latias-Mega: C -> B-
Latios-Mega: C -> B-

Drops:
Tornadus-Therian: A+ -> A
Zamazenta: A -> A-
Enamorus: A- -> B+
Rotom-Wash: A- -> B+
Dragonite: B+ -> B
Lilligant-Hisui: B+ -> B-
Basculegion-F: B -> B-
Buzzwole: B -> B-
Iron Moth: B -> B-
Rillaboom: B -> B-
Slowbro: B -> B-
Corviknight: B- -> C
Floatzel: B- -> C
Glimmora: B- -> C
Tangrowth: B- -> C
Enamorus-Therian: C -> UR
Iron Jugulis: C -> UR
Voting Document
Note: C+/C- = C, D = UR

Last edited:
As I said above, we decided to do a quick VR update before NDPL, after the Kingambit ban, and for Summer Seasonal. We've added some new UR Pokemon into the fray, so I'll explain them below:

Moltres has been picking up in usage due to its OU rise this month; and for good reason. It's a good check to Pokemon like Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, and Iron Valiant while also being able to burn fish against or force out the likes of Great Tusk, Kartana, and Mega Lopunny; all of which are huge to have checked on any team. It also provides good utility in U-turn and Defog as a plus, so there's that.

Mandibuzz has been a common question mark in the community on whether its good or not. However, due to it being able to check one of the best Pokemon in the metagame, Dragapult, having a lot of utility under its belt, and its common success in tours have made it worthy of a raise onto the VR.

Alolan Muk sounds wonky as first, but don't be fooled. It's good defensive profile allows it to check and trap tyrants like Volcarona, Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Dragapult, and mess with Gholdengo; albeit being beaten in the long-term.

Suicune saw a lot of ladder usage during July due to a certain someone spamming it during NDLT, and it has been ranking for it being a somewhat consistent win-con. Tera also allows it to become even better in some matchup its hates just like it would do to any Tera wincon, so yeah. #SuicuneToTheTop

Code:
New Additions:

Rises:

Drops:
Voting Document
Cresselia is on the rise...

Code:
New Additions:

Rises:

Drops:
Voting Document
Thank you hidin, I've been super into moltres, here's my take.

I find myself using more Moltres, not only for flame body but specifically for how it matches up vs Gholdengo. Mystic fire doing close to 50 percent and dropping SpA forces Gholdengo out, or forces the Tera, and even if it teras the SpA drops make it so the Gholdengo still struggles to punish you in return, keeping momentum on your side.

Pokemon like zapdos, lando, and gliscor are all much easier for Gholdengo to play around. Making Moltres I believe the best, or at least most reliable defogger in tier. Maybe gliscor still but Tera really ruins his parade.

I tend to adapt the main set, dropping hurricane for defog, which does forgo her ability to threaten a few mons but I find I can cover those else where and prioritize hazard control in a meta with gholdengo plus Hsam.

Overall a great and versatile mon, able to check prominent physical and special attackers in the tier simultaneously. This is a B mon at minimum, much more splashable then it once was.

Last edited:

about15guys

Who's this chainsaw man
is a Pre-Contributor
:worrywhirl:

ok on a more serious note, I think a majority of these were expected, I still think dropping lele last slate was a bit wack, but lowering pokemon like tornt and zama are very valid and im totally fine with it.

honestly I'd probably argue this deserves to be B+, it's got very good longlevity and can either be really bulky w/ av or pivot in pokemon with fsight and chilly reception, while also resetting weather. also functions very well as an ival check

when I first saw this I was a bit confused but now that I've thought about it I think it's a good raise, ceaseless edge is a broken broken move, and if this guy had better stats it'd be insane

saw this coming from a mile away washtom is still pretty solid on offense teams that like its ability to pivot but otherwise its fallen from grace

justice.

Last edited:
Hello, the main post hasn’t been updated with the new changes yet

S Rank

S

:dragapult: Dragapult
:gholdengo: Gholdengo

S-
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant

A Rank

A+

:garganacl: Garganacl
:heatran: Heatran
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:lopunny-mega: Lopunny-Mega
:sneasler: Sneasler

A
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:gliscor: Gliscor
:great tusk: Great Tusk
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele
:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian
:toxapex: Toxapex
:volcarona: Volcarona

A-
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:charizard-mega-y: Charizard-Mega-Y
:garchomp: Garchomp
:kartana: Kartana
:samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-RS
:zamazenta: Zamazenta

B Rank

B+
:clefable: Clefable
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:enamorus: Enamorus
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:pelipper: Pelipper
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:skarmory: Skarmory
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:weavile: Weavile
:zapdos: Zapdos

B
:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:basculegion: Basculegion
:cinderace: Cinderace
:clodsire: Clodsire
:cresselia: Cresselia
:dragonite: Dragonite
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:hippowdon: Hippowdon
:kyurem: Kyurem
:manaphy: Manaphy
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar
:victini: Victini

B-
:buzzwole: Buzzwole
:basculegion-f: Basculegion-F
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega-X
:greninja: Greninja
:hatterene: Hatterene
:hydreigon: Hydreigon
:iron hands: Iron Hands
:iron moth: Iron Moth
:kommo-o: Kommo-o
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:lilligant-hisui: Lilligant-Hisui
:magnezone: Magnezone
:moltres: Moltres
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:serperior: Serperior
:slowbro: Slowbro
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu

C Rank

C

:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:arctozolt: Arctozolt
:chansey: Chansey
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:dondozo: Dondozo
:excadrill: Excadrill
:floatzel: Floatzel
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega
:glimmora: Glimmora
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:hoopa-unbound: Hoopa-Unbound
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz
:mew: Mew
:moltres-galar: Moltres-Galar
:muk alola: Muk-Alola
:scream tail: Scream Tail
:slowking: Slowking
:suicune: Suicune
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:tapu-bulu: Tapu Bulu
:venusaur-mega: Venusaur-Mega

Last edited:

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Hello, the main post hasn’t been updated with the new changes yet

S Rank

S

:dragapult: Dragapult
:gholdengo: Gholdengo

S-
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant

A Rank

A+

:garganacl: Garganacl
:heatran: Heatran
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:lopunny-mega: Lopunny-Mega
:sneasler: Sneasler

A
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:gliscor: Gliscor
:great tusk: Great Tusk
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele
:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian
:toxapex: Toxapex
:volcarona: Volcarona

A-
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:charizard-mega-y: Charizard-Mega-Y
:garchomp: Garchomp
:kartana: Kartana
:samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-RS
:zamazenta: Zamazenta

B Rank

B+
:clefable: Clefable
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:enamorus: Enamorus
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:pelipper: Pelipper
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:skarmory: Skarmory
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:weavile: Weavile
:zapdos: Zapdos

B
:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:basculegion: Basculegion
:cinderace: Cinderace
:clodsire:Clodsire
:cresselia: Cresselia
:dragonite: Dragonite
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:hippowdon: Hippowdon
:kyurem: Kyurem
:manaphy: Manaphy
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar
:victini: Victini

B-
:buzzwole: Buzzwole
:basculegion-f: Basculegion-F
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega-X
:greninja: Greninja
:hatterene: Hatterene
:hydreigon: Hydreigon
:iron hands: Iron Hands
:iron moth: Iron Moth
:kommo-o: Kommo-o
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:lilligant-hisui: Lilligant-Hisui
:magnezone: Magnezone
:moltres: Moltres
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:serperior: Serperior
:slowbro: Slowbro
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu

C Rank

C

:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:arctozolt: Arctozolt
:chansey: Chansey
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:dondozo: Dondozo
:excadrill: Excadrill
:floatzel: Floatzel
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega
:glimmora: Glimmora
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:hoopa-unbound: Hoopa-Unbound
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz
:mew: Mew
:moltres-galar: Moltres-Galar
:muk alola: Muk-Alola
:scream tail: Scream Tail
:slowking: Slowking
:suicune: Suicune
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:tapu-bulu: Tapu Bulu
:venusaur-mega: Venusaur-Mega
Sry, Hidin did this most recent VR update but I didn’t realize he might not have access to the OP. I will take care of this tonight when I’m at my computer

edit: done

Last edited:

about15guys

Who's this chainsaw man
is a Pre-Contributor
Ttar helps pursuit trap pult. Honestly, it does it well, and can easily ko DD pult too.
while on paper this seems solid dd pult does like 50% w/ ddarts at +1, specs does 25% w/ u turn and 70% w/ draco in a row, pair that with mtar's really shit longlevity and it requires a lot of support to be able to somewhat check dragapult in the current metagame, especially with its common partners like mlop or other fighting types

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Maybe im alone on this one, but imo Iron Valiant & Mega Lopunny being on different tiers than each other is preposterous.

Mlop has been consistently great from the start of the gen, and with fatter styles still being less frequented than the frail offenses (ironically characterized by Iron Valiant) mlop is without a doubt in my mind S-, very consistently shutting them down and endgaming with ease.

I could see the reasoning Valiant > MLop as a mon in general, but they should prob be on the same tier as each other in my humble opinion.

while on paper this seems solid dd pult does like 50% w/ ddarts at +1, specs does 25% w/ u turn and 70% w/ draco in a row, pair that with mtar's really shit longlevity and it requires a lot of support to be able to somewhat check dragapult in the current metagame, especially with its common partners like mlop or other fighting types
I get your point. However, a ttar being there could simply pursuit a pult locked into shadow ball, or simply its existence could cause a pult to u-turn, simply giving momentum to the opponent if he/she reads right.
But ttar does have horrible longevity, so if played right a pult can indeed overcome it.

Mega Latios
B- -> B+
ive been using this mon alot on the ladder because its so good especially with gambit gone because of its great coverage, defensive typing and bulk to counter yard not to mention its absurdly high 700 bst and i def think its around the same level as stuff like weavile

Maybe im alone on this one, but imo Iron Valiant & Mega Lopunny being on different tiers than each other is preposterous.

Mlop has been consistently great from the start of the gen, and with fatter styles still being less frequented than the frail offenses (ironically characterized by Iron Valiant) mlop is without a doubt in my mind S-, very consistently shutting them down and endgaming with ease.

I could see the reasoning Valiant > MLop as a mon in general, but they should prob be on the same tier as each other in my humble opinion.
I agree with you Sealoo, possessing excellent end game capability, bullying Sash builds, and its ability to pivot put it at the top of the tier in my eyes.

Clefable and Enamorus are in same tier as mons much better such as mega cham, rotom, and mega diance etc. Clefable is niche as fits on very few builds in current meta.

Clefable B+ --> C

Remove Enamorus entirely, it serves as only a detriment to any natdex ou team using it, I feel this is highly misleading on its viability, even the C class mons serve a niche, like our clefable as previously mentioned. This mon has no niche.

Last edited:
Clefable and Enamorus are in same tier as mons much better such as mega cham, rotom, and mega diance etc. Clefable is niche as fits on very few builds in current meta.

Clefable B+ --> C
Rotom is not "much better" than clefable. Past that, clefable has been enjoying a comeback, albeit not huge, because it still has very nice qualities for this metagame, particularly one with such a hazard focus. It's annoying to switch into, and itself can switch into stuff like Garganacl which is very difficult to switch into safely. Plus, if you're making such a harsh drop nom, you need to provide a good reason like a change in the metagame that makes it no longer good enough.

Remove Enamorus entirely, it serves as only a detriment to any natdex ou team using it, I feel this is highly misleading on its viability, even the C class mons serve a niche, like our clefable as previously mentioned. This mon has no niche.
This is equally bad. If you're making such a claim, b
Bring actual proof that it's as you say. You can't just come in and claim "enamorus shouldn't be ranked" and then wildly claim C rank mons are better without bringing proof.

Enamorus is a potent wallbreaker and has a niche as solid calm mind user. It also has options like scarf. It is more limited compared to Iron Valiant, its main competition, but your comment is just wildly off.

Rotom is not "much better" than clefable. Past that, clefable has been enjoying a comeback, albeit not huge, because it still has very nice qualities for this metagame, particularly one with such a hazard focus. It's annoying to switch into, and itself can switch into stuff like Garganacl which is very difficult to switch into safely. Plus, if you're making such a harsh drop nom, you need to provide a good reason like a change in the metagame that makes it no longer good enough.

This is equally bad. If you're making such a claim, b
Bring actual proof that it's as you say. You can't just come in and claim "enamorus shouldn't be ranked" and then wildly claim C rank mons are better without bringing proof.

Enamorus is a potent wallbreaker and has a niche as solid calm mind user. It also has options like scarf. It is more limited compared to Iron Valiant, its main competition, but your comment is just wildly off.
Rotom is much better, much more splashable, much more used. It's also in there with zapdos lol....

I'm not sure why you think I need proof, when you also outlined exactly why.

Theres no change in the meta game, ranking it B+ is a mistake. Anyone with real tier experience knows mega diance, and clefable do not belong in the same tier. C tier is full of decent yet niche pokemon, where it fits. There has been no significant rise in usage, that is cap.

On top of that the most common set would actually be unaware, not magic gaurd, due to a solid player or two with fatter/stallish builds who stay commonly above 1700.

Enamorus is terrible, which is shown in its usage, in August being ranked above 1630 right next to garvantula, and mega beedrill. I don't need to calculate a million things, it's decent on paper, in practice it's utterly devoid of use, proofs in the pudding as they say. Directly outclassed by as you eluded to by Valiant, but also lele, and also diance who even resides in the same tier, this leaves the mon without a niche. B+ is an oversight. I think it should not be ranked, C is reasonable though I don't know why you would ever use this in national dex. It only serves to hurt your team and could be replaced by many pokemon doing the same thing but better.

I've said nothing controversial, the controversy is why are these two chilling next to zapdos, among others.... just pointing out what seems to be some oversights.

Last edited:
Enamorus is terrible, which is shown in its usage, in August being ranked above 1630 right next to garvantula, and mega beedrill. I don't need to calculate a million things, it's decent on paper, in practice it's utterly devoid of use, proofs in the pudding as they say. Directly outclassed by as you eluded to by Valiant, but also lele, and also diance who even resides in the same tier, this leaves the mon without a niche. B+ is an oversight. I think it should not be ranked, C is reasonable though I don't know why you would ever use this in national dex. It only serves to hurt your team and could be replaced by many pokemon doing the same thing but better.
Agreed with basically everything you said.
I do want to point out though that enamorous has a niche in being a fast healing wish mon which can be nice in a few situations. Though again I do agree it should be in C tier

Anyways idk if it's just me but....
:Ting Lu: from B- to B/B+
This mon is actually dumb. Not only does it have a positive mu against the top ghosts, it also is really good at phasing. It's so bulky that most of the time it's going to get at least 2-3 hazards up and if it lives long enough(which it will), it can become annoying by phasing everything and getting chip damage. It also isn't passive unlike what everyone else would tell you. It can still deal good damage with eq and threaten
I've gotten to 1880 with it and even won an ssnl game with it. It helped keep hazards on the field and be annoying.

(I was about to post my ssnl replay here to show how much work it did but I forgot to save it so just trust me on this one)

Anyways that's all and have a wonderful day!

Rotom is much better, much more splashable, much more used. It's also in there with zapdos lol....

I'm not sure why you think I need proof, when you also outlined exactly why.
Words are not proof. Rotom is decently splashable, but it also tends to end up overwhelmed quickly as a result of its only okay bulk, especially failing to be a reliable check long term to stuff long term.

Theres no change in the meta game, ranking it B+ is a mistake. Anyone with real tier experience knows mega diance, and clefable do not belong in the same tier. C tier is full of decent yet niche pokemon, where it fits. There has been no significant rise in usage, that is cap.
Lol. Usage does not equate to viability. Last gen we had top tiers like mega latias who weren't even OU by usage because ladder was/is notoriously garbage. It's also quite funny to claim that "anyone with real tier experience knows clef and mega diancie dong belong in the same tier", given that the VR is put together by players with a lot of experience.

Enamorus is terrible, which is shown in its usage, in August being ranked above 1630 right next to garvantula, and mega beedrill. I don't need to calculate a million things, it's decent on paper, in practice it's utterly devoid of use, proofs in the pudding as they say.
Usage does not equate to viability. Low mid ladder sometimes likes to use mega beedrill which is unviable garbage. UU has this worse where it's used a ton despite being awful. I don't know how you can come in here and have a cocky attitude.

I've said nothing controversial, the controversy is why are these two chilling next to zapdos, among others.... just pointing out what seems to be some oversights.
There's no controversy lel.

vesp

match head burning on the frozen ground
is a Contributor to Smogon
Theres no change in the meta game, ranking it B+ is a mistake.
So then nothing is different than when it was ranked and your grounds for it being lowered are just that good pokemon are ranked near it because it's a good pokemon. You haven't provided a single reason why this mon is bad at all.

So then nothing is different than when it was ranked and your grounds for it being lowered are just that good Pokémon are ranked near it because it's a good Pokémon. You haven't provided a single reason why this mon is bad at all.
Fair
However, I never said Clefable was bad, Enamorus is bad and it is. I said it shouldn't be in B+ with mons like zapdos, rotom, scizor, mega diance, who all require far less support to run. The power creep overwhelms it. Which means much support is required to utilize it well. It has a niche vs fat teams which pack Garg, Ferro, and other passives, but vs the majority of offense teams this mon will get overwhelmed and ran down without the support of several other Pokémon, rendering it niche.

Heres an example that shows you what I mean.

+1 252 Atk Dragapult Never-Ending Nightmare (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 411-484 (104.3 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO.

on top of that

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 248-294 (78.2 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Attempting to bait Z move is easily countered by sub and can put you even further behind. Though after Z she becomes a reliable check these aren't mind games you want to play.

This mon has zero bulk, many of the tiers most common threats trade out advantageously like this with clef. Tusks for another example 2hkos 88 percent of the time while only being ohkod 25 percent of the time. The powercreep is just too much for her, imo. Though upon further review I am swaying toward B-. She does do well into valiant and blanket checks things on defensive lando's power level.

Last edited:
Words are not proof. Rotom is decently splashable, but it also tends to end up overwhelmed quickly as a result of its only okay bulk, especially failing to be a reliable check long term to stuff long term.

Lol. Usage does not equate to viability. Last gen we had top tiers like mega latias who weren't even OU by usage because ladder was/is notoriously garbage. It's also quite funny to claim that "anyone with real tier experience knows clef and mega diancie dong belong in the same tier", given that the VR is put together by players with a lot of experience.

Usage does not equate to viability. Low mid ladder sometimes likes to use mega beedrill which is unviable garbage. UU has this worse where it's used a ton despite being awful. I don't know how you can come in here and have a cocky attitude.

There's no controversy lel.
Usage does reflect upon viability, while not being a end all be all. YOU asked for stats, and yet wont provide any yourself. Enamorus sucks, it isnt controversial. I am not trying to be cocky, its all opinions here, I literally play this tier like 3-4 hours a day that is all I meant by experienced. The tier leaders manage alot of things and oversights do happen. Stop being rude and twisting my words around and I will tone down "my cocky little attitude" okay?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)