Resource National Dex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

about15guys

enchanted love
is a Pre-Contributor
With kingambit out of the meta, when will we have a suspect test for gholdengo and dragapult? if you have mainly gholdengo
from what I've heard and seen on both ndcord and ou room, a dragapult qb is pretty likely to happen at some point in the future, and gholdengo is a very likely candidate to get suspected later down the road

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
I imagine they meant in terms of if they could be unbanned in ou - if so, the answer is no, calm mind with tera would for sure be too much for the tier

Will there be future tiering action regarding Ursaluna and Roaring Moon? Ursaluna was quickbanned but on the post it said there was going to be a suspect test since it was a rather divisive vote, and Roaring Moon has dropped to UU recently in the standard tiering system, it seems like it has the same problems in ND as it does in OU (minus Kingambit resisting its stabs) and could be a healthy addition later. Gholdengo is definitely more pressing and important for tiering action right now though, just a suggestion. Maybe when the DLC drops Roaring moon and ursaluna could be retried simultaneously. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Will there be future tiering action regarding Ursaluna and Roaring Moon? Ursaluna was quickbanned but on the post it said there was going to be a suspect test since it was a rather divisive vote, and Roaring Moon has dropped to UU recently in the standard tiering system, it seems like it has the same problems in ND as it does in OU (minus Kingambit resisting its stabs) and could be a healthy addition later. Gholdengo is definitely more pressing and important for tiering action right now though, just a suggestion. Maybe when the DLC drops Roaring moon and ursaluna could be retried simultaneously. Sorry if this has been asked before.
It's been considered and i think there's a good chance that they'll be retested in dlc.

What are mmaw’s best teammates/partners? What mons give mmaw the hardest time and should be considered when building around her?

what determines the additional effect given to status moves introduced in gen 8+ when you upgrade them to z moves (for instance holding normalium z and using z-tidy up)? I think it's always that the user's lowered stat changes get reset, why was that chosen as the default effect over the other possibilities?

nevermind I answered my own question, the answer is that there is no effect at all

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Sorry if this is the wrong place but I could not find an sqsa thread in the Natdex Ubers subforum. What is the explanation for why Necrozma DM runs 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD on its defensive sets? What does the spread accomplish?

about15guys

enchanted love
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry if this is the wrong place but I could not find an sqsa thread in the Natdex Ubers subforum. What is the explanation for why Necrozma DM runs 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD on its defensive sets? What does the spread accomplish?
you can most likely ask in the metagame discussion thread

Hi, when I look at the teambuilder to look at cool game modes and make a team instantly like nat dex ag, and gen 8 battle stadium, I find the game modes don’t exist, but you’re allowed to make teams for them. Why?

Nashrock

nothing to say and nothing to lose
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi, when I look at the teambuilder to look at cool game modes and make a team instantly like nat dex ag, and gen 8 battle stadium, I find the game modes don’t exist, but you’re allowed to make teams for them. Why?
They don’t have ladders but they’re able to challenge

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
To add to the message above, if you click on someone's name on Pokemon Showdown, there will be a challenge button, where every metagame you can build a team in will be available

Gonna ask this here so i dont bog down metagame discussion.

What does sleep and its competitiveness or lack thereof have to do with keeping or axing sleep clause? I've come to the belief that these are two separate things, and yet I've seen them talked about as if they are tied at the hip. I've also seen them discussed as if they are two separate things and arguments against sleep being healthy as a mechanic don't matter.

about15guys

enchanted love
is a Pre-Contributor
Gonna ask this here so i dont bog down metagame discussion.

What does sleep and its competitiveness or lack thereof have to do with keeping or axing sleep clause? I've come to the belief that these are two separate things, and yet I've seen them talked about as if they are tied at the hip. I've also seen them discussed as if they are two separate things and arguments against sleep being healthy as a mechanic don't matter.
Not much to be honest, sleep clause was mainly a really old feature from a long time ago based off a spinoff game. It was mainly made to balance sleep out but its been under fire for being a mod and not something that can be done on cart. Most people are arguing that instead of balancing sleep with a mod we should instead balance sleep with the removal of moves that apply it instead (spore, hypnosis, etc.)

How do you IV/EV Ogerpon-C such that it gets back to full health after rocks on GTerrain for 2 turns? I've seen various posts saying you can but I can't find the one saying how.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)