Metagame National Dex Metagame Discussion

Ineros

Mirror Mirror, who is staring back at me?
is a Pre-Contributor
Question for players of Nat Dex : what do you think of Kyurem?
Dahness basically said everything that needed to be said but I would also like to add that kyurem can also just 6-0 almost every balance without like air balloon tran/tera fairy glowking/clef/Icrown/iron head ferro as well as rain (although tbf rain is mid). The issues with these checks though is that with the exception of clef these either aren’t super slottable on balance or just are not that great of sets compared to other options. Its typing also allows it to check Waterpon mainly which is a pretty good trait. Specs can also be scary with glowking and although I’m not a fan of dd it can be funny on some ho stuff ig. Subroost is what I think makes it so good tho with all the Mola Glisc tran stuff and with Tera it feels super good to pilot against all the balance stuff running around. Still has issues tho like having a not so great speed tier making it falter against offense and being in a fairy/fighting infested meta so it isn’t broken but it is a pretty good mon. Definitely deserved to rise in the tier shifts.

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
Not really to be completely honest, it just doesn't work on very many teams and it just isn't that great. Y'know what else should be uu :corviknight:
idk bout corv being uu its sooooo reliable especially the spdef one when it walls mons like mega diancie when it uses mirror armor to block mystical fire and just pivot into something that kills it while also being like one of the best lele walls and iron val walls depending on the set and is rlly good physdef walling lopunny and rillaboom while also giving rocky helmet chip but back to glimmora it is so horrible without gholdengo like actually just bad the suicide lead just makes it a 6v5 and without gholdengo its so hard to keep the hazards up against defoggers and rapid spinners

idk bout corv being uu its sooooo reliable especially the spdef one when it walls mons like mega diancie when it uses mirror armor to block mystical fire and just pivot into something that kills it while also being like one of the best lele walls and iron val walls depending on the set and is rlly good physdef walling lopunny and rillaboom while also giving rocky helmet chip but back to glimmora it is so horrible without gholdengo like actually just bad the suicide lead just makes it a 6v5 and without gholdengo its so hard to keep the hazards up against defoggers and rapid spinners
CORV IS TERRIBLE it doesn't run miror armor btw if runs pressure also it doesn't wall ival lmfao ival has tbolt and lop just u turns into something else

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
CORV IS TERRIBLE it doesn't run miror armor btw if runs pressure also it doesn't wall ival lmfao ival has tbolt and lop just u turns into something else
I'm saying if you run mirror armor which isn't rlly like worse than pressure for spdef and I said pressuposing the ival is running psyshock over tbolt I'm pretty sure we all know psyshock is better or u get wallled by clodsire and lopunny can only u-turn so many times and get chipped over and over again until it dies plus if you get hazards up lopunny is cooked in that matchup vs corv

I'm saying if you run mirror armor which isn't rlly like worse than pressure for spdef and I said pressuposing the ival is running psyshock over tbolt I'm pretty sure we all know psyshock is better or u get wallled by clodsire and lopunny can only u-turn so many times and get chipped over and over again until it dies plus if you get hazards up lopunny is cooked in that matchup vs corv
Buddy it can run both psyshock and tbolt on specs and it runs tbolt on cm and mixed (sometimes)
Also if only lops teammates just outright beat corv oh wait would you look at that they do

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
Buddy it can run both psyshock and tbolt on specs and it runs tbolt on cm and mixed (sometimes)
Also if only lops teammates just outright beat corv oh wait would you look at that they do
sorry for not being specific but i was referencing calm mind alone and the best cm set is psyshock so you dont get torched by clodsire and i think you're getting a little to situational with the corviknight vs lopunny with you saying "lopunnys team mates beat corv" going by that logic its ambiguous whether my teammates would beat lopunnys team mates and should be dismissed, anywho even if we were to go by your logic within the top 5 most used pokemon with lopunny in gen 9 nd theres only one that can actually beat corv in a 1v1 which is moltres who to my knowledge isnt known for its WALLBREAKING SKILL and used more as a defensive mon so u can easily just go into a water type or dragon type you have a lot of options cuz molt aint rlly killing anything bruh

sorry for not being specific but i was referencing calm mind alone and the best cm set is psyshock so you dont get torched by clodsire and i think you're getting a little to situational with the corviknight vs lopunny with you saying "lopunnys team mates beat corv" going by that logic its ambiguous whether my teammates would beat lopunnys team mates and should be dismissed, anywho even if we were to go by your logic within the top 5 most used pokemon with lopunny in gen 9 nd theres only one that can actually beat corv in a 1v1 which is moltres who to my knowledge isnt known for its WALLBREAKING SKILL and used more as a defensive mon so u can easily just go into a water type or dragon type you have a lot of options cuz molt aint rlly killing anything bruh
Fair enough carry on I misunderstood what you are saying and I apologize

Reactions: 1yr
just use crown lol

With the arrival of DLC 2 Pokémon, do you think Deoxys-S deserves a second chance in Nat Dex, as is the case in OU?
NO! That thing has acces to Z-Moves and Nasty Plot.Imagine that thing on psyspam, spamming expanding force in terrain on ur team at +2.It would also be a crazy suicide lead, essentially having the fastest taunt in the game besides :grimmsnarl: who has prankster, but even then, u could probably run mental herb to counter grimm's taunt and taunt it back.Also dual screens.This thing is just a big ick, no reason to free it, it's gonna create anoter ho based unstable metagame

With the arrival of DLC 2 Pokémon, do you think Deoxys-S deserves a second chance in Nat Dex, as is the case in OU?
Deoxys-S retains moves like magic coat in natdex, which make it a *way* more consistent lead for one thing. Don't need mental herb if you can just get the grimmsnarl to taunt itself; this makes it virtually impossible to deny hazards at all against deoxys-s, and it'll reflect sticky web and toxic spikes if given the opportunity.

Absolutely not, as others have mentioned above, it's versatility to enact as what would be the best hazard setter/suicide lead in the metagame, but to also be a dangerous setup sweeper with Nasty Plot + Z-moves is too much for the meta to handle. I'd argue there's virtually no argument for any Ubers to drop, there's a reason they are all there and many of them are at least broken in theory, especially with Tera in place as many of them are broken further by it.

FUCK NO
With that out of the way, dexoxys-s is a great np user and the greatest hazard suicide lead literally ever and one of the best screens leads oh yeah and it can run specs/band and has an incredible movepool so uh no thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)