m0nkfish's Photoshops

Holy crap, these are amazing. If you have any free time on your hands could you make a Houndoom with flames on it's body

hey, that's pretty darn cool. I like it quite a bit.

It does look a little like he's drenched in blood or jam or something, though... perhaps a little more detail color (like what you did with the mouth) would help it out a bit.

Nice work!

oh my fucking tits

ps the shiny nidokin makes me erase anything negative ive ever thought about the poison type on a whole

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yeah i had real problems finding a texture for the body, i wanted it to look kinda smooth but wet and couldnt figure out how to achieve it, i think it probably needs to be put in the context of a decent background for that (i just ran a gradient through ocean ripple a few times and transform->perspective'd it). gyarados does have markings on its body but they didn't really sit right when i put them on, i'll give it another shot when i am back on photoshop :) thanks for your feedback

monkfish

nah the whiskers are under his jaw, here he is normally:

here is mine with a blueish background:

as you can see, the differences are that mine has more whiskers (i enjoyed making them too much), red fins (again i enjoyed the vein effect too much) and no body markings (couldnt get them to fit properly)

personally i think it'd be better with white markings and fins, and the water 'glow' you put on it would look good if it was blue I guess? I dunno, but it still looks pretty cool that way

nah the whiskers are under his jaw, here he is normally:

here is mine with a blueish background:

as you can see, the differences are that mine has more whiskers (i enjoyed making them too much), red fins (again i enjoyed the vein effect too much) and no body markings (couldnt get them to fit properly)
Yep, that's what missed, try the body markings.

Jeez-ass-kreist. You are overly skilled, m0nk. And I thought Xahki's Nidoking couldn't get any cooler. My only beef is that you don't make the multi-pieced Pokes' (e.g. Steelix and Gyara) separations more pronounced. They would have more depth and realism that way.

monkfish

pen tool, make selection, fill, burn, dodge, that is literally what i do

add some effects here and there when needed

Hey M0nk are you taking requests? If so could you try a Gengar/Hypno/Alakazam using hypnosis?

I would love to see what colors/effects you use to create the whole illusion/disorientation effect that the attack causes (this s what it seems to do in the anime)

You could possibly make the pokemon in that blurry state (where it looks there is more than one but the first one is more refined then the fake ones) and the psychic energy puring out of it.

Just throwing out ideas. If you ever decide to do it then thank you in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)