m0nkfish's Photoshops

Imo Scizor needs a bit more shadow around his eye.
That being said this is definitely amazing and far beyond what I would achieve in a lifetime =(

PS: Smogon looks sexy

Hey that Tentacruel is pretty awesome.

Something about its head (or whatever you would call the blue part with the jewels) seems wrong though... like the blue part isn't as round as it should be or something...

Edit: To clarify, I don't mean that the pointy parts should be less pointy, even if they are more round in the official art for him. I mean that the blue part looks a little flat...... well not flat but... I don't know how to explain it.

I'm not sure if you're looking for criticism but I feel that there's a problem with depth in these pieces. When I see them, I feel as if the opposite side is completely flat; almost as if they've been made out of plasticine.
Scizor looks better in this respect since the shading doesn't look like a bevel and emboss layer-style whereas components such as the Tentacool tentancles and orbs do.

That's not to say I don't like this pieces, though!
They all look great and the scizor stands out due to the shading in comparison to the other pictures, imo.

Awesome.. Do you really draw these with the mouse? And I love the, but I can understand where Vidd is coming from about the depth.

If you get even better at this and add some more pokemon than this could possibly be stickied.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Vidd, I can see what you're talking about. I just don't have the experience to be able to get rid of that yet - I don't know what causes it. They are separate layers so perhaps I didn't quite adjust the tone enough to look like they are part of the same thing. The lack of a background doesn't help, but I'm not going to put them on realistic backgrounds because that would look even worse

thanks for the feedback everyone

monkfish

I do sometimes use curves but I never find it all that useful. Is there a specific thing I should be doing with the curves like making the midtones darker or something?

yo these look really awesome!

hey i have an idea :D

what about making those shafts of light have depth? like putting some of them behind some of the tenticles so it doesn't look like its just a layer overtop. dat might work. =D

EDIT: oops i see that you did that on some of the light streams, maybe the front left one could go under that bottom tenti though.. =/

maybe slight drop shadow would add some shading that could work =3

just tryin 2 help.

monkfish

Heh. Well, I did this to some extent - I had two layers of light, one that went all the way through and one that was 'blocked' by tentacruel. i guess it isnt clear enough here.

edit: i have emphasised this and i think it does look better. edited the new version directly into photobucket so my post doesnt look edited ;)

monkfish

Steelix:

I cut corners here and there but overall I am pretty happy with it. Could probably do with some more contrast and a background of some sort

edit: Here's an Unsharp-Mask'd version... Not sure which I like better...

Again, amazing.

Still waiting for that perfect one to come along to use as a wallpaper.

The first one can be used as smogon's official wallpaper or something btw. With a logo in the corner.

Could I ask you to colour a picture I drew? I don't think I could do it justice, and I'd like to see your take on it. I'll pm you more info if you're interested ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)