LogicMons V2: Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
last batch of changes for now, at least from me
File:076AMS.png
:Attack swapped with Special Attack, +Mega Launcher over Galvanize, +Power Gem, Zap Cannon
All of its dex entries talk about the cannon on its back, why is it physical and why doesn't it get Zap Cannon
File:122MS.png
:Cloud Nine over Soundproof, +Moonblast
"It shapes an invisible wall in midair by minutely vibrating its fingertips to stop molecules in the air. " -BW2
Moonblast is a basic Fairy STAB that it doesn't get for some dumb reason
File:234MS.png
:Reality Bender over Frisk
Reality Bender: User summons Magic Room on switch-in
"The curved antlers subtly change the flow of air to create a strange space where reality is distorted." -HeartGold
File:168MS.png
:+Bite, Crunch
"Every night, it wanders around in search of prey, whose movements it restrains by spewing threads before it bites into them with its fangs." -Ultra Moon
It learns a bunch of biting moves except for normal Bite reeeeeee (suggested by AquaticPanic)
File:201MS.png
:Power of Unown over Trace, species clause no longer applies for it
Power of Unown: If two Unown are out on the field in Doubles, all stats except for HP and Attack are doubled
"When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge." (suggested by Tmi489)
File:342MS.png
:Wimp Out over Hyper Cutter, +Circle Throw
"It is a ruffian that uses its pincers to pick up and toss out other Pokémon (Circle Throw) from its pond." -Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
"Its temperament is rough and it loves to fight, but as soon as its pincers break off, it turns cowardly. It stays timid until they grow back." -Ultra Sun
File:500MS.png
:+Flame Body, +Mach Punch
"It has mastered fast (Mach Punch) and powerful fighting moves. It grows a beard of fire (Flame Body)." -Y

File:076AMS.png
:Attack swapped with Special Attack, +Mega Launcher over Galvanize, +Power Gem, Zap Cannon
All of its dex entries talk about the cannon on its back, why is it physical and why doesn't it get Zap Cannon
its cannon is physical, since it fires rocks, not energy. basically stone edge

Wooper: Loses the Elemental Punches
One of the more infamous logic fails, but involves losing moves. It can't punch with no hands!
Ludicolo: Dancer, Mean Look
it is a dancer
see detective pikachu for a mean look
Hi Jump Kick: Deals 1/2 of your Attack whenever you recoil. (Factors Pure Power, burn, stat changes, etc.)
The bigger you are, the harder you fall. Based on the Gen 1-4 recoil system but instead of damage dealt, its true attack.
Wish: Locked to Jirachi
what happens when you actually wish

reposts
Give Gigalith a usable attack stat since its used for construction, or make it 145atk / better SpA
Rock Punch: Punch Clone (Rock, 10% Flinch)
Given to Golem, Rhydon, Hitmonchan, Ledian, Quagsire, Tyranitar, Aggron, Regirock, Regigigas, Conkeldurr, Golurk
Metal Punch: Punch Clone (Steel, 10% to raise Defense +1)
Given to Sandslash-A, Hitmonchan, Ledian, Scizor, Mawile, Aggron, Registeel, Lucario, Regigigas, Conkeldurr, Golurk, Pangoro, Crabdomible
Regigigas can control the legendary titan's elements since it created the regis so it should punch like the regis.
Hitmonchan, the master of punching, also gets these moves. Iron Fist get Metal Punch. Other Pokemon who can STAB punch get them too.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
If there's any people here that can help do some basic coding for this pet mod, it would be much appreciated because none of us council members have much experience in this. Just contact us via DMs.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Just to add that Jigglypuff should also get Growth and Moonblast as well. Jigglypuff's Final Smash is Puff Up which involve inflating to immense size until it shrink back to normal size, while Moonblast, well, inherent from every Pokemon evolutionary line that use Moon Stone to evolve will get this move as well (same for Igglybuff).

So this is a pet mod where I can mindlessly spam suggestions? I see some potential here.

Farfetch'd: +explosion
It's based on a Japanese idiom that can refer to a suicidal idiot, so I think it should learn a real suicide move that's better than final gambit.

Gastly, Haunter, Gengar: +poison gas
They're poison type, and Gastly and Haunter are gas Pokemon.

Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior: +spikes
Rhyhorn is the spikes Pokemon.

Aerodactyl: +brave bird
Aerodactyl's rock head has always seemed like a waste of an ability.

Zapdos: +drizzle, surf, hurricane
I know it isn't water type, but most thunder clouds are made of water and have water falling out of them. Also Zapdos is the only legendary bird without hurricane.

Spinarak, Ariados: stakeout over sniper
Gold: "It lies still in the same pose for days in its web, waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close."

Togepi: truant over serene grace
It's too lazy to get out of its eggshell.

Bellossom: +heat wave
It evolves with a sun stone and has chlorophyll, so I think it should learn a fire attack.

Sunflora: +heat wave
If it's the sun Pokemon and has chlorophyll, then it might as well learn a fire attack.

Wobbuffet: +taunt, metal burst, innards out
All 3 things are related to having the opponent attack the user.

Plusle: +battery, tailwind
It's supposed to help allies in double battles, and it's the offensive one of the duo.

Minun: +friend guard, heal pulse, wide guard
It's supposed to help allies in double battles, and it's the defensive one of the duo.

Spinda: dancer over tangled feet, +dragon dance
It dances.

Shuppet, Banette: +spirit shackle
Spirit shackle's Japanese name is literally shadow stitch.

Absol: forewarn over pressure
Does this need an explanation?

Kyogre: +hurricane
Storm clouds on oceans cause hurricanes in real life.

Bidoof, Bibarel: sap sipper over moody
HGSS: "It busily makes its nest with stacks of branches and roots it has cut up with its sharp incisors."

Vespiquen: +parental bond
It's also a mom.

Cherrim: +heat wave
It has a sun-related ability and form, so it might as well learn a fire attack.

Lilligant: +heat wave
It evolves with a sun stone and has chlorophyll, so I think it should learn a fire attack.

Thundurus: +bolt strike
It's the bolt strike Pokemon.

I also have problems with some of the other changes.

Blastoise: I think only the mega evolution should be steel type. Blastoise is a starter, so its base form should retain the grass weakness and fire resistance.

Grimer, Muk: I don't think the moon is inherently fairy type, especially when nothing else about Muk resembles fairies. It can keep the fairy moves because moves seem less important than types.

Golem: Its Alolan form is likely based on railguns, which use current and magnets to shoot solid projectiles. High physical attack makes sense to me, though I agree that it should get zap cannon.

Regirock: I think shore up would make more sense than recover. I think its Japanese name is literally gather sand, which is kind of like gathering rocks. Also it's buffed by sandstorm.

Wormadam: It can't change its cloak, so remove camouflage.
Diamond: "When Burmy evolved, its cloak became a part of this Pokémon's body. The cloak is never shed."

Cobalion: That Pokedex entry already explains its steel type. Why does it need both steel type and steelworker?

Thundurus: Why would you give it fly when it can already learn fly?

Saving the best suggestion for last...
Solrock: +metal sound, hyper voice
It's a rock star.

Last edited:
Articuno: +thunderbolt
Zapdos learns heat wave, so why can't the other 2 learn coverage moves?
lightning creates heat
articuno can have thunder in a blizzard (kinda) but moltres should not get blizzard
Groudon: +surf
Kyogre can learn earthquake, so why can't Groudon learn surf?
tsunamis create earthquakes but groudon gets rid of the water
Vespiquen: +parental bond
It's also a mom.
a kid bee doesn't attack the opponent (other than attack order but that's its own move)
Solrock: +metal sound, hyper voice
It's a rock star.
justice to minior

tsunamis create earthquakes but groudon gets rid of the water
No I'm pretty sure earthquakes create tsunamis.
And yes Groudon gets rid of water, but shouldn't Kyogre get rid of land? We already had 2 games whose entire plot was someone trying to use Kyogre to flood a region. It might make sense to modify primordial sea to nullify or weaken ground attacks as well as fire attacks.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
And yes Groudon gets rid of water, but shouldn't Kyogre get rid of land? We already had 2 games whose entire plot was someone trying to use Kyogre to flood a region. It might make sense to modify primordial sea to nullify or weaken ground attacks as well as fire attacks.
I got to agree with this one, primordial sea should weaken ground attacks.

Xatu (from Natu): Bounce, Nature Power(?)
"Natu has a highly developed jumping ability. The Pokémon flaps and leaps onto tree branches that are taller than grown-up people to pick at the tree's new shoots." - Sapphire
"As revealed in a Penny Arcade Staff Podcast by Jeff Kalles, who assisted in the naming of many Generation II Pokémon, the word Natu is short for nature." - Bulbapedia

Sucker Punch: Buffed by Iron Fist
Who cares about stupid Japanese "surprise attack" it still has a punching animation

10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt: 9,000 BP, banned to AG
Except for this submission. Thunderbolt is "100,000 Volts" in Japanese so 10,000,000 Volts should be 100* stronger.

groudon makes water evaporate and dissapear
the land is still there, though i guess since its in the water it can't create eqs as well

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Maybe just swap primordial sea to nullify ground and not fire? It does make the 2 primals full counter each other which is cool.

(Also not a fan of X-gets-Y so Y-should-get-X arguments, that’s not logic, it’s consistency. There’s nothing logical about Groudon and surf. There is logic behind a giant whale being able to shake the ground)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
rain removes fire so it should remove FIRE
Fire can still exist, albeit briefly, in heavy rain. If the earth is drowning beneath rain, ground attacks wouldn’t be possible.

Plus, fire is already weakened by rain/sea, so it doesn’t make a major difference.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Dark Void: Back up to original accuracy.
Well, if lock it to Darkrai only, why affect accuracy for a Uber Pokemon?

Edit: Also Discharge: Doubles the chance to paralyze, but lowers Special Defense by 1 if Charge was used the previous turn.
Since these moves are polar opposites of each other, I guess it should make sense for Charge to also affect it in some other way as well, so here it a doubled chance to paralyze, but also erasing the user's stat boost.

Last edited:
Few suggestions.
Charizard-Mega-Y: -10 Atk, +10 Spe
Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee: Its bond with its Trainer is the source of its power. It boasts speed and maneuverability greater than that of a jet fighter.

How is this thing slower than Latios, who boasts the same achievement of outrunning jet planes?

Vikavolt: +57 Spe (New Base Speed=100)
Sun: It zips around, on sharp lookout for an opening. It concentrates electrical energy within its large jaws and uses it to zap its enemies.

For going on about its speed ‘as it zips around’, it is oddly enough really slow, at base 43. Buff that please. I would make fun of Pidgeot apparently able to go at Mach 2 speeds but has 91 base Spe, but that might mess with its Mega, so I’ll leave it for someone else or for another time.

Piplup line: +Roost

Little explanation needed here, they are birds, when things like Salamence and Tropius get it without even being birds or having proper wings. I get that they dont fly, but you’ll think it will fit them.

File:330MS.png
:+Sand Stream, +Quiver Dance, Sing
"Flygon whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. (Sand Stream) The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. (Sing)"
It already knows Dragon Dance and is in the Bug egg group.
I feel like Quiver Dance and Sing is a stretch to say the least. Sing, I’m more at odds against, as it doesn’t imply that it is actually singing, only it’s wings sound like it, which is a big stretch to me. Quiver Dance’s original Japanese name, as far as I’m aware, is literally ‘Butterfly Dance’ which explains its limited distribution to bugs and Lilligrant, whose theme revolves around Dancing. While I can somewhat understand some of the others, this addition feels a little too out of place, especially as it is neither a special attacker nor a bug type. (It would make more sense if it was a Bug type, but i’m not sure if people want to change its typing)

File:376MS.png
:+Trace, +Psychic Fangs
Sapphire - Metagross is the result of two METANG achieving fusion. When hunting, this POKéMON pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach. (Psychic Fangs).
Ultra Moon - It analyzes its opponents with more accuracy than a supercomputer, which enables it to calmly back them into a corner. (Trace).
For Trace, while I feel that it’s a nice suggestion, I feel that Analytic would be a better fit as it is directly implied in the sentence, as well as fitting it as a slow but powerful attacker that can force switches.

Last edited:
Vikavolt: +57 Spe (New Base Speed=100)
Sun: It zips around, on sharp lookout for an opening. It concentrates electrical energy within its large jaws and uses it to zap its enemies.

For going on about its speed ‘as it zips around’, it is oddly enough really slow, at base 43. Buff that please. I would make fun of Pidgeot apparently able to go at Mach 2 speeds but has 91 base Spe, but that might mess with its Mega, so I’ll leave it for someone else or for another time.
it gets speed boost so its fine

juicer should only activate if its consumed (knock off prevents harvest) and should just give normal berry juice (or a berry juice with more hp and that's it)

lugia, dragalge, masquerian get water born: the former is associated with water such as being in the whirlpool islands and the other 2's preevos are water born
could also have a case for the yanma line to get the ability b/c dragonflies are water born

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)