LogicMons V2: Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Oooh, thank you Yung Dramps for reviving this! I have a couple ideas that I stole borrowed from the old thread:
: Gear Grind
Come on, it's body is literally made of gears! It has to be able to grind them if it wants to move, since that's how gears work in real life, so I don't understand why Magearna wouldn't be able to do the same
: Fairy Aura
"It sends a soothing aura from its ribbonlike feelers to calm fights." -X
"Its ribbonlike feelers give off an aura that weakens hostility in its prey, causing them to let down their guard. Then it attacks." -Sun
So, how can this pokemon give off an aura if it can't learn the ability that LITERALLY GIVES OFF AN AURA?!
Well, that soothing aura isn't really a fairy aura. A new ability that weakens opponent's moves against it might be more accurate, although possibly unbalanced.

Metagross gains Psychic Fangs, and Trace.

Sapphire - Metagross is the result of two METANG achieving fusion. When hunting, this POKéMON pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach. (Psychic Fangs).

Ultra Moon - It analyzes its opponents with more accuracy than a supercomputer, which enables it to calmly back them into a corner. (Trace).

Cobalion gains Mean Look, and Steelworker.

White - It has a body and heart of steel. Its glare is sufficient to make even an unruly Pokémon obey it. (Mean Look, Steelworker).

Keldeo (Resolute) gains Quick Feet.

Black/White 2 - When it is resolute, its body fills with power and it becomes swifter. Its jumps are then too fast to follow.(Quick Feet).

Golisopod gains Meditate, Tough Claws (over Emergency Exit), and Filter (Hidden Ability).

Sun - With a flashing slash of its giant sharp claws, it cleaves seawater—or even air—right in two.
(Tough Claws)
Moon - It battles skillfully with its six arms, but spends most of its time peacefully meditating in caves deep beneath the sea.
(Meditate)
Ultra Sun - The shell covering its body is as hard as diamond. This Pokémon will do anything it takes to win.
(Filter)

Last edited:
So giratina is in the distortion world right? i think it would be cool that instead of pressure on switch in it could bring the disotortion world( meaning trick room) with it but only origin. in one of its pokedex entries it says A Pokémon that is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours. IMO i think that would be cool

So giratina is in the distortion world right? i think it would be cool that instead of pressure on switch in it could bring the disotortion world( meaning trick room) with it but only origin. in one of its pokedex entries it says A Pokémon that is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours. IMO i think that would be cool
Maybe on the switch in, Giratina changes the battlefield too have an inverse type chart. Could be interesting as a "inverse arena" setter.

Maybe on the switch in, Giratina changes the battlefield too have an inverse type chart. Could be interesting as a "inverse arena" setter.
against it since giratina has a really bad inverse typing and the distortion world didn't inverse typings

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Since Mega Launcher is literally like a cannon:
Mega Launcher now boosts Cannon moves (Flash Cannon, Spike Cannon, Zap Cannon, Fleur Cannon, etc.), and Ball Moves (Shadow Ball, Ice Ball, Weather Ball, Energy Ball, etc.)
Mega Launcher user Evolutionary lines now gain all of the Cannon and Ball Moves.

(Cannon + Ball = Cannon Ball).

+Tail Glow for both Ninetails’ Forms:
“It has long been said that each of the nine tails embody an enchanted power. A long-lived NINETALES will have fur that shines like gold.” Emerald Pokédex.

And “It has nine long tails and fur that gleams gold. It is said to live for 1,000 years.”

“It creates drops of ice in its coat and showers them over its enemies. Anyone who angers it will be frozen stiff in an instant.” - Moon Pokédex.

Shining in ice and gold coats can glow in the sun. Plus Ninetails Alolan learns Dazzling Gleam which proves it can glow, and Ninetails summons the Sunlight. That to me with their signature tails prove they each glow.

Make Ninetails +Ghost in addition to Fire:

“It is vindictive and relentless by nature. Those who cross it even once will be cursed for a thousand years, along with their descendants”

And “According to an enduring legend, nine noble saints were united and reincarnated as this Pokémon.”

Last edited:
More ideas comin' in!
: +Extreme Speed and Sap Sipper
How did it not get this move?! It learns Speed Boost, it has a very high Base Speed stat, and look at the numerous dex entries that mention how fast it is:
"Ninjask moves around at such a high speed that it cannot be seen" -Ruby
"Because it darts about vigorously at high speed, it is very difficult to see." -Emerald
"Because it moves so quickly, it sometimes becomes unseeable." -DPP
As for Sap Sipper:
"It loves to feed on tree sap." -FRLG
"It congregates around tree sap." -DPP
: +Dragon / Water typing
Many of Dragonite's dex entries claim it lives in and/or near water, especially on an island.
"An extremely rarely seen marine Pokémon." -Red/Blue
"It is said that somewhere in the ocean lies an island where these gather." -Crystal
"It is said to make its home somewhere in the sea." -DPP
"It flies over raging seas as if they were nothing. Observing this, a ship's captain dubbed this Pokémon “the sea incarnate.”- Ultra Sun

&
: Levitate over Sturdy
Seriously?! They literally FLOAT IN THE AIR when they are sent in battle! It even makes sense, since many objects use a magnetic field to make it appear as if they're levitating. Besides, Sturdy is useless on these guys anyway.

: +Boomburst
Pyroar is based on a lion. And what are lions most famous for doing? That's right, roaring loudly. And what is Boomburst supposed to replicate? You got it, a loud sound. They literally are perfect for each other. Besides, it desperately needs a nuke to make up for the fact its movepool is horrendous.

EDIT: Whoops, I did not realize that the Magnemite line already got Levitate. However, I did have a new idea:
: +Illusion
"Latias is highly intelligent and capable of understanding human speech. It is covered with a glass-like down. The Pokémon enfolds its body with its down and refracts light to alter its appearance." -Sapphire
"Its body is covered in a down that can refract light in such a way that it becomes invisible." -DPP
The meaning of illusion is a deceptive appearance or impression. Latias's dex entries talk about how it can change how it appears, so why can't it have the ability that literally does that exact thing?!

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
More ideas comin' in!
: +Extreme Speed and Sap Sipper
How did it not get this move?! It learns Speed Boost, it has a very high Base Speed stat, and look at the numerous dex entries that mention how fast it is:
"Ninjask moves around at such a high speed that it cannot be seen" -Ruby
"Because it darts about vigorously at high speed, it is very difficult to see." -Emerald
"Because it moves so quickly, it sometimes becomes unseeable." -DPP
As for Sap Sipper:
"It loves to feed on tree sap." -FRLG
"It congregates around tree sap." -DPP
: +Dragon / Water typing
Many of Dragonite's dex entries claim it lives in and/or near water, especially on an island.
"An extremely rarely seen marine Pokémon." -Red/Blue
"It is said that somewhere in the ocean lies an island where these gather." -Crystal
"It is said to make its home somewhere in the sea." -DPP
"It flies over raging seas as if they were nothing. Observing this, a ship's captain dubbed this Pokémon “the sea incarnate.”- Ultra Sun

&
: Levitate over Sturdy
Seriously?! They literally FLOAT IN THE AIR when they are sent in battle! It even makes sense, since many objects use a magnetic field to make it appear as if they're levitating. Besides, Sturdy is useless on these guys anyway.

: +Boomburst
Pyroar is based on a lion. And what are lions most famous for doing? That's right, roaring loudly. And what is Boomburst supposed to replicate? You got it, a loud sound. They literally are perfect for each other. Besides, it desperately needs a nuke to make up for the fact its movepool is horrendous.

EDIT: Whoops, I did not realize that the Magnemite line already got Levitate. However, I did have a new idea:
: +Illusion
"Latias is highly intelligent and capable of understanding human speech. It is covered with a glass-like down. The Pokémon enfolds its body with its down and refracts light to alter its appearance." -Sapphire
"Its body is covered in a down that can refract light in such a way that it becomes invisible." -DPP
The meaning of illusion is a deceptive appearance or impression. Latias's dex entries talk about how it can change how it appears, so why can't it have the ability that literally does that exact thing?!
Latias is approved, just keep in mind that may mean that it will get banned. Everything else is approved too :)

Dragon / Water typing
but dragonite is obviously flying and obviously a dragon
a steelworker clone for water moves would be better
speaking of dragons, gyarados -> water/dragon

Latias is approved, just keep in mind that may mean that it will get banned. Everything else is approved too :)
Illusion Latias wouldn't get banned, if we're being honest. Maybe it'll can get used more but, a lot of times - it'll just lose. It's (for the most part) just going to lose its disguise constantly, due to the fact any attempts using Latias to bait, won't work. Latias doesn't have an offensive presences, and I can't think it'll benefit at all from the use of Illusion.

Also, I don't think we should approve the Dragonite. As Tmi489 said above, Dragonite is for sure a flying dragon. Outside of pokedex entries, in quite a few medias (like the anime), Dragonite is shown flying. A water steelworker sounds better suited, since now it'd get a boost too aqua jet which is cool. I'd say giving Dragonite water bubble, but I think a water steelworker clone would be cool.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Illusion Latias wouldn't get banned, if we're being honest. Maybe it'll can get used more but, a lot of times - it'll just lose. It's (for the most part) just going to lose its disguise constantly, due to the fact any attempts using Latias to bait, won't work. Latias doesn't have an offensive presences, and I can't think it'll benefit at all from the use of Illusion.

Also, I don't think we should approve the Dragonite. As Tmi489 said above, Dragonite is for sure a flying dragon. Outside of pokedex entries, in quite a few medias (like the anime), Dragonite is shown flying. A water steelworker sounds better suited, since now it'd get a boost too aqua jet which is cool. I'd say giving Dragonite water bubble, but I think a water steelworker clone would be cool.
Hmm, ig you are right about dragonite. Sorry 'bout this. I was thinking latias illusion might be too powerful, but you do have a point.

Honedge gains Strength Sap.

"Y - If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely." (Strength Sap)

Gourgeist gains Perish Song.

"Y - It enwraps its prey in its hair like arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey." (Perish Song)

Gorebyss gains Strength Sap, Giga Drain, and Multiscale (over Hydration as a hidden ability).

"Sapphire - Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids." (Strength Sap, and Giga Drain).

"Ruby - Gorebyss lives in the southern seas at extreme depths. Its body is built to withstand the enormous pressure of water at incredible depths. Because of this, this Pokémon's body is unharmed by ordinary attacks." (Multiscale).

Relicanth gains Thick Fat.

"Sun - Its form has remained the same for one hundred million years. Its body is filled with fat, so it can withstand the water pressure of the deep sea." (Thickfat).

Relicanth gains every move, 160 in every stat, and Protean.

"Ultra Moon - The reason it hasn't changed at all in a hundred million years is that it's apparently already a perfect life-form."

Beautifly: Anger Point, Leech Life, Strength Sap
"Its colorfully patterned wings are its most prominent feature. It flies through flower-covered fields collecting pollen. It attacks ferociously when angered." - Emerald
"It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids." - Diamond

Some rain stuff inbound.

Kingdra gains Hurricane.

"Silver - It sleeps deep on the ocean floor to build its energy. It is said to cause tornadoes as it wakes." (Hurricane).

Swampert (base) gains Swift Swim.

"Emerald - If it senses the approach of a storm and a tidal wave, it protects its seaside nest by piling up boulders. It swims as fast as a jet ski." (Swift Swim)

Empoleon gains Swift Swim.

"Pearl - It swims as fast as a jet boat. The edges of its wings are sharp and can slice apart drifting ice." (Swift Swim).

Dragonite gains Aqua Born.

Aqua Born
- Pokemon born with originally aquatic traits that have been lost over time, keep their aquatic-like traits from previous stages of their life...
(Steelworker Clone. This Pokemon's attacking stat is multiplied 1.5 while using a water-type attack.)

Reasoning; Dragonite is obviously not water/dragon, though it isn't completely avoided of its original "roots". Dragonite throughout the Pokedex is mentioned always around water. With that said, I feel as if it's justified that Dragonite gets its own ability, meant too cater it's water-like traits, without completely changing it. Though, I'm sure there are better alternatives, this (in my opinion) feels a bit "cooler", and more creative.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Empoleon gains Swift Swim, and Moxie.

"Pearl - It swims as fast as a jet boat. The edges of its wings are sharp and can slice apart drifting ice." (Swift Swim).

"Platinum - If anyone were to hurt its pride, it would slash them with wings that can cleave through an ice floe." (Moxie).
To add to empoleon, add wing attack, bc it has wings as you showed.

"Platinum - If anyone were to hurt its pride, it would slash them with wings that can cleave through an ice floe." (Moxie).
i think that's just better explained via defiant, which it already has
Rock Punch: Punch Clone (Rock, 10% Flinch)
Given to Golem, Rhydon, Hitmonchan, Ledian, Tyranitar, Aggron, Regirock, Regigigas, Conkeldurr, Golurk, Pangoro, Crabdomible
Metal Punch: Punch Clone (Steel, 10% to raise Defense +1)
Given to Sandslash-A, Hitmonchan, Ledian, Scizor, Mawile, Aggron, Registeel, Lucario, Regigigas, Conkeldurr, Golurk, Pangoro, Crabdomible
Regigigas can control the legendary titan's elements since it created the regis so it should punch like the regis.
Hitmonchan, the master of punching, also gets these moves. Same with other iron fist mons. Other Pokemon who can STAB punch get them too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)