Honchkrow - The Don

As far as I can see, Swords Dance Murkrow has already been refuted, and mistaken for Haze. Couldn't see Leech Seed Machop anywhere (?).

The only true addition I saw was SelfDestruct on Level 5 Munchlax. Might have some use in NU I guess, and I can't speak for Little Cup as I have no experience there. This is all for another thread though.

I wouldn't use Swords Dance - Honchkrow is an outstanding wall-breaker and a subpar sweeper. Swords Dance does nothing to change that.

That said, I'd rather we didn't waste any more time discussing Swords Dance Honchkrow (or Leech Seed Machamp) until we get some confirmation. It wouldn't be the first time Serebii has sent us down the wrong path and these additions seem very unlikely.
To be honest, I would definitely use the SD sweeper, as the only thing that prevented me from using the NP sweeper was the lack of priority(and lack of speed), Sucker Punch would patch that right up.

However, I doubt it is true. I posted that thread after seeing the news and looking through the Pokewalker page, and then checked a few other sites, but they didn't have any info. I was then directed to bulbapedia, and it seems they have the legitimate movesets. I shouldn't have been surprised, Serebii has released false information before and Leech Seed Machop is just lolz.

EDIT: It appears Serebii recently fixed the Machop typo, but not the Murkrow one...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Speaking as someone who caught such a Murkrow on their Pokewalker, I can safely say it does not get Swords Dance.

SD Honchrow can't use his STAB flying moves, so why use it if we have Absol? Absol is clearly better with SD.

But this isn't confirmed so...

Honchrow can be viewed as a great wall breaker, but it is funny that no one uses its 105 base sp.atk and Nasty Plot. Maybe because it can't break through walls and use a priority move as the physical one can...

Been dabbling a little bit in Poke for the first time in nearly a year, I've had some good ladder experiences, especially with the Honch. I'm sure it's been said over and over but there is no way this thing is UU. Nothing is more refreshing then 2HKOs on 'tomb and Weezing amongst others. Brave Bird just makes it impossible to switch into. I've been running the Brave Bird/Super Power/Sucker Punch/Roost w/Life Orb and it's great, there are plenty of opportunities to Roost, the best have been Roosting when the opponent uses Protect to try and waste PP or inflict passive damage from Hail or something. I started to late into the month to have a chance to vote, but there is no doubt in my mind it's BL material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)