Metagame Fortemons

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
It may run seismic toss to deal 100 hp per hit
Seismic Toss cant be equipped.
heavy slam + body press is bugged till its fixed i recommend using iron head.
This is false.
Ran into a weird bug today. Heavy Slam completely failed on my Hatterene (had Draining Kiss as its item).

[Gen 9] Fortemons replay: Anshpreet12345678 vs. monoaltbug - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Turns 16 and 17 show it.
The Ting Lu most likely had Payback, any equipped move that needs to do a multiplication returns 0BP if the move you are using on your move slots has no original value (BP -), like Heavy Slam.

You guys really need to ban either annihilape, or rage fist as a item slot. I am personally not sure how it works but I got hit twice with annihilape and used beat up and killed a dragonite at full in one beat up hit. Not 6 of them but 1. I also killed this cindeace in 4 hits without being touched. Something has to be bugged with this rage fist beat up combination.

Also TeraBlast Dragonite is busted. I am currently ranked 6 on the ladder with 80gxe. Not that this matters just trying to show I have played this OM a little bit.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819314358-e4t252m7p2ubhybyhbisk1pm6rd98ddpw
what is that iron treads set youre using, looks quite fun

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
what is that iron treads set youre using, looks quite fun
Iron Treads @ Rapid Spin
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defense Curl
- Rollout
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

It's something like this. The exact moves might not be the same, but you're just mainly going to be clicking Rollout + Defense Curl anyways. It's a twist on the usual Rollout Forte you see people use.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1820378150

Annihilape @ ragefist
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Bulk Up

Beatup has got to go. You should not be able to effortlessly click a move and get free kills like this. A move that starts out at 300 BP and effectively increases by 300 BP everytime you get hit is far too unhealthy for any meta.

Iron Treads @ Rapid Spin
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Defense Curl
- Rollout
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

It's something like this. The exact moves might not be the same, but you're just mainly going to be clicking Rollout + Defense Curl anyways. It's a twist on the usual Rollout Forte you see people use.
Yeah, that's the set exactly but I recently changed the defense curl out. It did not double the damage of rollout.

Does anyone know how I can use Roaring moon in this?
Im thinking using iron head for the flinch chance
Flinch moves are banned from the item slot, according to the original post. Roaring Moon has other decent options though.

With Dragon Breath (or Body Slam, same effect) in the item slot, every attack gets a 30% chance of paralysis. If all 5 Scale Shots hit, that’s like 83%. Crunch in the item slot gives every attack a 20% chance to drop defense. A bulky set could make decent use of Breaking Swipe, making all its moves lower the opponent’s attack.

——————————

I ran a couple demonic sets on the ladder yesterday, thought I’d share them.

Toxapex @ Infestation
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Unknown
EVs: probably SpDef
probably Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Chilling Water
- Protect

It’s very annoying to deal with and it’s a good defensive option even when it’s not trying to trap something. Chilling Water lets it beat things it has no business beating.

Swalot @ Body Press
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: Probably SpDef
probably Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake, I think

Not necessarily an amazing set but it threw me off guard because wtf is a Swalot supposed to do? Turns out it does Body Press stuff. A few unique aspects are its decent typing (better than Avalugg and Torkoal anyway), good coverage options, and access to Liquid Ooze to shut down healing item slots like Giga Drain. Speaking of which, I’d use Ice Beam / EQ / Giga Drain on this since I don’t recall my opponent’s set having other recovery options.

And a few more sets I thought of:

Brute Bonnet @ Trailblaze
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting / Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Filler

Lyncanroc-Dusk @ Crush Claw
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Rock / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- *Rock Blast*
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Drill Run / Swords Dance

Lokix @ Trailblaze
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Bug
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Throat Chop
- Leech Life
- Axe Kick

Toxtricity @ Trailblaze / Acid Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Snarl / Drain Punch

Flinch moves are banned from the item slot, according to the original post. Roaring Moon has other decent options though.

With Dragon Breath (or Body Slam, same effect) in the item slot, every attack gets a 30% chance of paralysis. If all 5 Scale Shots hit, that’s like 83%. Crunch in the item slot gives every attack a 20% chance to drop defense. A bulky set could make decent use of Breaking Swipe, making all its moves lower the opponent’s attack.

——————————

I ran a couple demonic sets on the ladder yesterday, thought I’d share them.

Toxapex @ Infestation
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Unknown
EVs: probably SpDef
probably Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Chilling Water
- Protect

It’s very annoying to deal with and it’s a good defensive option even when it’s not trying to trap something. Chilling Water lets it beat things it has no business beating.

Swalot @ Body Press
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: Probably SpDef
probably Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake, I think

Not necessarily an amazing set but it threw me off guard because wtf is a Swalot supposed to do? Turns out it does Body Press stuff. A few unique aspects are its decent typing (better than Avalugg and Torkoal anyway), good coverage options, and access to Liquid Ooze to shut down healing item slots like Giga Drain. Speaking of which, I’d use Ice Beam / EQ / Giga Drain on this since I don’t recall my opponent’s set having other recovery options.

And a few more sets I thought of:

Brute Bonnet @ Trailblaze
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting / Dark
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Filler

Lyncanroc-Dusk @ Crush Claw
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Rock / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- *Rock Blast*
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Drill Run / Swords Dance

Lokix @ Trailblaze
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Throat Chop
- Leech Life
- Axe Kick

Toxtricity @ Trailblaze / Acid Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Snarl / Drain Punch
Hey, one of them looks offly familiar.... Where have I seen it?
oh right my team https://pokepast.es/6c96da1dd3ba8422
I thought Skeledirge was a Pokemon worth looking in with good SpA, bulk in general and great ability so decided to use it with Hex (Item) Draga+Toxic Debris Glimm.

So I really wanted to make both a rain and snow team but neither of them are good in any capacity. If you like either, use it, but be warned it's garbage lol.

Rain: https://pokepast.es/429e865ec810100e

I will be completely honest and say that Amoonguss and Bronzong, which mind you I put there for defense, turn out to be your most reliable damage dealers. Bronzong in particular because it's t h i c c. to be fair I kind of put offensive sets on both of them, but they're still annoying to deal with nonetheless, and pretty damn bulky.

Snow: https://pokepast.es/0de18f9eae541a85

This team is even worse, but Dozo hits pretty hard with or without rain which is nice. Swalot is there for any over-eager Giga Drain spammers. Beartic is strong but needs snow up. Abomasnow is painfully strong, but like, it's Abomasnow. It's not exactly the fastest nor bulkiest thing in the world. Blizzard OHKO's standard Glimmora, Ice Shard is pretty strong priority, and Giga Drain is some recovery. And yet, after all this, it gets completely walled by anything Steel type. :|

If I had to pick one I like more I'd say Snow, just because it's more fun, but Rain is better in a general sense. If you try these teams have fun tanking your elo lol.

Last edited:
Please please please please please ban Azumarill. Or Draining Kiss as an item, or something, because this is ridiculous. It is so painfully easy to set up, so painfully difficult to stop it from setting up, and so painfully easy to sweep and/or get swept. I've played 4 games in a row that all ended within 12 turns with literally just Azumarill.

ponchlake

Hello all, we're back with what is likely our last ban slate before HOME (knock on wood). We took your answers from the survey into account, so thank you to everyone who took the time to voice your thoughts. Here are the results..

:SV/Dragonite: :SV/Azumarill: :SV/Annihilape: :SV/Weavile:
Dragonite, Azumarill, Annihilape, and Beat Up are Banned. Freeze, Flail, and Heavy Slam are restricted. Weavile is unbanned.
ponchlakekennukemchrome8kaensoulResults
DragoniteBanBanBanBanBanned
AzumarillBanBanBanBanBanned
AnnihilapeBanBanBanBanBanned
Beat UpBanBanBanBanBanned
FreezeRestrictRestrictRestrictRestrictRestricted
Heavy SlamRestrictRestrictAbstainRestrictRestricted
FlailRestrictRestrictRestrictRestrictRestricted

As previously stated, we based a lot of the voting slate on how you all responded on the survey. We added Heavy Slam and Flail due to the responses we've been given as well. A lot of the bans are fairly self-explanatory, so I will speed right through it. Annihilape is Annihilape. Azumarill with Draining Kiss was able to get off Belly Drums too easily and sweep as a result. Dragonite with Tera Blast (Flying) became too oppressive of an offensive threat with Extreme Speed + physical Draco Meteor. Beat Up is the most consistent form of multi-hit in the game, allowing you to abuse secondary effects too easily. Heavy Slam and Flail are banned for consistency reasons similar to Reversal and Low Kick/Grass Knot. Freeze is banned for its cheese potential. The freeze ban will encompass all of: Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Freezing Glare, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Powder Snow, Tri Attack. We will also be unbanning Weavile due to it losing virtually everything it abused in the past.

Kris hi, it's us again.. implement pls

I feel like tera blast dnite is easily walled by anything that resists flying, and I have never really had problems with it either, so I think it's not as broken as it might be, and even meteor is easily blocked by any rock/steel type with decent def
maybe its just me running rock and steel types tho :L

:sv/baxcalibur:

Baxcalibur @ freezedry
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 Def / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Dragon Dance

Well with freeze banned thats a rip to freeze dry bax

The blue rabbit and ghost ape are finally gone
The days of being effortlessly swept are over!

And with flail gone tsareena may just lose all viability

So I will share a potential replacement to the former anti-priority sweeper
Farigiraf @ Charge Beam
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trailblaze
- Twin Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam

2 Trailblazes can increase farigiraf's speed to become impossible to outspeed, with the bonus of potentially increasing special attack as well
Beatup can't be used anymore to get to +6 special attack but twin beam can sometimes still get the job done

ponchlake

unless i am just absolutely tripping, reversal has not been banned- although given that it's the same move as flail it probably should be
Reversal was banned already.

maybe its just me running rock and steel types tho :L
It's likely this that explains why you've been having an easier time with it. I would have liked to have given it more time, but ultimately I think that we would have banned Dragonite eventually. The meta adapting to run Corviknight/Garganacl, etc. with Body Press Item to check Dragonite was my ideal scenario, but nothing really stopped you from running those things + Dragonite to abuse since it was basically a one man army. That also doesn't take into account other potential meta developments like people running Magnezone + Dragonite. Though that's just theorymonning. There was an overwhelming amount of responses calling for tiering action on Dragonite, so we voted on it.

Dragapult @ Tera Blast
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Draco Meteor
- Sucker Punch

Dragonite v2. It’s about 7% weaker but Ghost STAB is easy to spam and it still has priority in Sucker Punch.

252+ Atk Tera Ghost Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 158-186 (51.9 - 61.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tera Flying Dragonite Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 170-202 (55.9 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Heavy Slam and Flail are banned for consistency reasons similar to Reversal and Low Kick/Grass Knot.

Kris hi, it's us again.. implement pls
damn rip my TTar Iron Thorns + Hariyama Iron Hands sets with Heavy Slam, but yeh completely understandable why it would get banned, i wouldn’t want to see a mon deleting the entire opponent’s team with only 2 hits of a multi hit move or a Fake Out dealing 2/3 of their hp lmao

Iron Thorns @ Heavy Slam
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Thunder Punch (Filler)

Iron Hands @ Heavy Slam
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fake Out
- Arm Thrust
- Filler

damn rip my TTar Iron Thorns + Hariyama Iron Hands sets with Heavy Slam, but yeh completely understandable why it would get banned, i wouldn’t want to see a mon deleting the entire opponent’s team with only 2 hits of a multi hit move or a Fake Out dealing 2/3 of their hp lmao

Iron Thorns @ Heavy Slam
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Thunder Punch (Filler)

Iron Hands @ Heavy Slam
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fake Out
- Arm Thrust
- Filler
I mean, there's still Heat Crash Coalossal if you wanna use it for some reason

If y’all thought Draining Kiss Azu was a problem

Iron Hands @ Drain Punch
Tera: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Wild Charge
-Belly Drum
-Earthquake/Ice Punch

50% to Hands is a problem, but with +6 Attack and DP recovery your getting a lot of longevity back

Also with Dnite banned you can’t use Dragon Tail in the item slot and Extreme Speed:puff:

ponchlake

If y’all thought Draining Kiss Azu was a problem

Iron Hands @ Drain Punch
Tera: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Wild Charge
-Belly Drum
-Earthquake/Ice Punch

50% to Hands is a problem, but with +6 Attack and DP recovery your getting a lot of longevity back

Also with Dnite banned you can’t use Dragon Tail in the item slot and Extreme Speed:puff:
Azumarill had a much better defensive typing + Aqua Jet. Draining Kiss also heals a lot more than Drain Punch does, so while this may be good, I don't think it'll reach anywhere near Azumarill levels of broken.

Dragon Tail would still make Extreme Speed -4 priority.

Azumarill had a much better defensive typing + Aqua Jet. Draining Kiss also heals a lot more than Drain Punch does, so while this may be good, I don't think it'll reach anywhere near Azumarill levels of broken.
To be fair, iron hands does have bullet punch and could possibly tera steel to gain stab
I do agree that it won't be as bad as azumarill though

To be fair, iron hands does have bullet punch and could possibly tera steel to gain stab
I do agree that it won't be as bad as azumarill though
Iron Hands does NOT have Bullet Punch.

to not make this a one-liner, here's a surprising mon that works really well in the meta

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Yes this is a mostly standard Gholdengo set, but it is the fastest mon in the meta outside of opposing scarfers or anything with + speed. It can pick up surprise KO's on anything from Glimmora lead to Dragapult thinking it can pick up a KO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)