Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Recover

Finally, a slot machine Pokemon. Spam Rock Blasts to see how much RNGesus smiles upon you this day. With a 10% chance to miss, a 15% chance to hit 5 times, and each of those with a 10% chance to boost all of your stats. Well? Are you feeling lucky?
Assuming I did the calcs properly, this would give each use of rock blast about a 24% chance of an omni boost, or about 26.7% when it hits. I honestly thought it would be higher, but even on a 5 roll it's only about 41%. Still seems like an incredible meme set and shows how wild this OM is.

Padstar34

formerly FlygonNo.1
is a Tiering Contributor

Beartic @ frostbreath
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bulk Up/Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

I've tested hail a bit, and by a bit i mean i played a few games on ladder and laughed a bit when this thing popped off. This set is PROBABLY better on rain with swift swim than hail to be honest, but the defence boost is nice and chilly reception slowking is a pretty good hail setter so it works decently well. Frost breath gives this an effective choice band but it can swap moves, and bulk up lets it set up pretty easily in the face of some physical attackers, such as annhilape (after you tera) if you are lucky enough to be in on one while hail is up. Speaking of Annhilape, this thing is able to crit through it, a very handy attribute. Bulk Up is used over swords dance because truthfully beartic does not need the extra power from swords dance, hardly anything lives through a unboosted icicle crash, let alone a +1 icicle crash, LET ALONE a +2 icicle crash, although some things like corv will be able to be OHKO'd with SD over Bulk Up. Additionally, Adamant Nature can also be used, if you dont mind being outsped by timid/jolly pult. EVs with jolly let it outspeed max speed pult by 1.

Unfortunately I couldn't save the replay, but I had a problem testing one thing:

I was trying out Assurance (Item Slot) and made a set for Beat Up Annihilape. Technically, after the first hit, Beat Up power should've been 2x for the other hits (Assurance secondary effect - double power if target was alredy damaged on the same turn).

What happened is that I was facing Skeledirge, and when I clicked Beat Up a single hit animation poped out, the message "Skeledirge was hit 6 times" appeared, but Skeledirge's HP did not drop, not even a bit, like it was not hit.

Was this a bug or am I missing anything?
I managed to save two replays testing Assurance:

1 - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1818649533

Assurance works with both Twin Beam from Farigiraf, since in Turn 5 it deals 6% and afterwards 15%, and Rock Blast from Tyranitar, turn 9 - 12% and 25%.

But when Annihilape (turn 1) and Farigiraf (turn 4) used Beat Up, the animation shows a single hit, it says "The pokemon was hit 6 times" and no damage.

2- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1818660123

Here, Annihilape's Forte is Thunder, and Dragapult's one is Assurance.

Turn 1 shows that Assurance doubles second hit from Dragon Darts (28>64%) against Clodsire, and Turn 3 Annihilape could use Beat Up normaly.

Conclusions:

- Beat Up is great for set up Fortes, like Trailblaze/Flame Charge/Rapid Spin/Charge Beam, but Assurance won't work with it.

- Assurance Dragapult has an effective 150 BP dragon-type physical move with no drawbacks, but only this. Is probably better with a Choice Band/Life Orb/other Forte.

- Overall, Assurance is a gimmick. A cool one, but still a Gimmick.

Last edited:
Farigiraf may be too overpowered for this OM

Farigiraf (M) @ chargebeam
Ability: Armor Tail
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Beat Up
- Twin Beam
- Tera Blast

Farigiraf has the potential to 6-0 nearly every time it leads in a game of Fortemons. By combining Beat Up with Charge Beam in the item slot, you are able to boost Farigiraf's Special Attack very quickly. Upon using Agility, you outspeed pretty much everything, outside of Choice Scarfed Pokémon which are rare in Fortemons, and Pokémon with weather/terrain-boosted speed. Priority moves do not affect Farigiraf due to Armor Tail, which can throw people off-guard frequently. If you are unlucky with Beat Up's Special Attack boosts, Twin Beam hits twice allowing for a 91% chance of boosting Special Attack at least once, with the added benefit of breaking Substitute, Sturdy, and Multiscale. Farigiraf also benefits from STAB Tera Blast, and Tera Fighting breaks through Dark types as well as Sandstorm Special Defense boosted Rock types.

Basically, if the opponent isn't prepared with an Unaware Pokémon, or doesn't know to throw everything they have at Farigiraf, you can win in two turns by using Agility first, then Beat Up. Peep some replays down below:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819053671
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819034723
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819051958
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819053121
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819035627-zuc6xttspfylx0sf9l1d7rm39niil6jpw

concept of new pokemon in this mode, just imagine the stab+every move its special + sunny day its just monster

Walking Wake @ Tera Blast
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Hydro Steam
- sunny day
- Hyper Beam

You guys really need to ban either annihilape, or rage fist as a item slot. I am personally not sure how it works but I got hit twice with annihilape and used beat up and killed a dragonite at full in one beat up hit. Not 6 of them but 1. I also killed this cindeace in 4 hits without being touched. Something has to be bugged with this rage fist beat up combination.

Also TeraBlast Dragonite is busted. I am currently ranked 6 on the ladder with 80gxe. Not that this matters just trying to show I have played this OM a little bit.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819314358-e4t252m7p2ubhybyhbisk1pm6rd98ddpw

Attachments

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819456468

This is not my replay, but Body Press as a Forte somehow works even if using a move with Special category. Do Ice Beam become physical due to using Body Press, or does the category remained the same?

If so, that gives Avalugg an effective stat of 513 for Attack, Defense and Special Attack if fully invested in Defense. And yes, it can learn Iron Defense, thus bolstering all of it’s damaging moves even further.

metal moth scawwy (Iron Moth) @ Acid Spray
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Agility
- Energy Ball

i feel like this set could be really good as acid spray drops the opponent's spdef by 2, and if even if they switch the incoming mon gets the spdef drop
agility makes it faster

edit: does anyone have a way to use roaring moon in this?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819456468

This is not my replay, but Body Press as a Forte somehow works even if using a move with Special category. Do Ice Beam become physical due to using Body Press, or does the category remained the same?

If so, that gives Avalugg an effective stat of 513 for Attack, Defense and Special Attack if fully invested in Defense. And yes, it can learn Iron Defense, thus bolstering all of it’s damaging moves even further.
Yep, Body Press makes all your moves use your Defense for damage, regardless if they're physical or special. The moves themselves keep their category (Ice Beam still hits against Special Defense, whereas Icicle Crash hits against Defense), so you can easily go mixed with this.

I have no experience with Avalugg, and while that massive Defense stat is tempting, I think I prefer Torkoal for Body Press stuff. It "only" has an effective 416 attacking stat, but Sun-Boosted Overheats with no drawback (since it's using its Defense for damage instead of SpA). It also has access to Iron Defense, but I never really made use of it, since Overheat nukes most things even without a boost.

Torkoal @ bodypress
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake / Iron Defense
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge

The coverage moves are simply to hit opposing Fire- and Water-Types, with the Rock move specifically for Pelipper, who would otherwise wall it.

With fake out being unbanned you can now use fake out with trailblaze as item to get a free speed boost.
The only good fake out trailblazer i can find is medicham and its great.
Here is the set.
:sv/Medicham:
Medicham @ trailblaze
Ability: Pure Power
Tera Type: Psychic/fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat / high jump kick(if your crazy)
- Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab / ice punch / bullet punch / Substitute
it makes a good cleaner or solid revenge killer.

with max speed EV's and jolly you just barely out speed Dragapult.
sadly you can't kill dragapult in one hit
252 Atk Pure Power Tera Psychic Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 272-320 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 254-300 (80.1 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
you could substitute after a speed boost to block there will-o-wisp, and then get your two hits from there but that is a bit gimmicky

Hi!! I'm just getting started with this tier, but I've been having a LOT of fun with it so far. Here's 2 ideas I've been using to solid success!

:sv/glimmora:
Glimmora @ mortalspin
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Power Gem

Corrosion Glimmora can be used as both a lead and a midgame attacker. Being able to cripple typical ground/steel/poison switchins just by poisoning them with every move is amazing. Toxic Debris is also a good ability as shown by other Glimmoras, but I feel Corrosion is a very underappreciated ability for Glimmora. Being able to spin hazards by default if need be is also great.

:sv/quaquaval:
Quaquaval @ rapidspin
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Step
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Close Combat

With Rapid Spin and Aqua Step, Quaquaval gets a +2 to it's Speed and spins hazards by simply attacking. With Max HP, it's suprisingly durable and roost allows it to maintain it's spinning capabilties and setup opportunities versus more bulky teams, meanwhile offensive teams it can use it's boosted speed to rip holes into their fast and frail attackers.

Really fun tier! Excited to try it out more.

Just started playing this tier and found a really funny azumarill set

Azumarill @ drainingkiss
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

The amount of healing this azumarill can do after attacking is absolutely insane, all you need is an opening to get off a belly drum as well as a single attack and then you can let azumarill do its thing

You guys really need to ban either annihilape, or rage fist as a item slot. I am personally not sure how it works but I got hit twice with annihilape and used beat up and killed a dragonite at full in one beat up hit. Not 6 of them but 1. I also killed this cindeace in 4 hits without being touched. Something has to be bugged with this rage fist beat up combination.

Also TeraBlast Dragonite is busted. I am currently ranked 6 on the ladder with 80gxe. Not that this matters just trying to show I have played this OM a little bit.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819314358-e4t252m7p2ubhybyhbisk1pm6rd98ddpw
I did a little more digging into how Rage Fist in the forte slot works and it turns out that it doesn't add base power to your moves but rather sets them to the base power that Rage Fist would have.

For example, with the below set, if Annihilape hasn't been hit yet, all 3 of its attacking moves will have 50 BP regardless of their original BP. After getting hit once, they're all at 100 BP and so on, up to a 350 BP maximum like usual. This replay shows a 50 BP Beat Up with 0 hits, this replay shows 100 BP Beat Up with 1 hit, and this replay shows Shadow Claw starting at 50 BP and incrementing by 50 with each hit up to a 350 BP maximum.

:sv/annihilape:
Annihilape @ ragefist
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Dark
Adamant Nature
- Beat Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Bulk Up

:sv/dragonite:
In terms of dragonite i kinda hate it since it requires you to run a Pokemon for it like rotom-wash.
:sv/rotom-wash:
Rotom calcs
+1 252+ Atk Tera Flying Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 101-119 (33.2 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
max defece rotom wash is a 3HKO

and rotom does a 2hitko back without a boost
first hit with mutiscale
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Tera Flying Dragonite: 102-120 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 78.9% chance to 3HKO
without mutiscale
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Flying Dragonite: 204-240 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
also be careful if you wisp it since facade sets are a 2hit ko with a boost.
+1 252+ Atk Tera Flying Dragonite Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 176-208 (57.8 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If the Dragonite can play around the rotom with clever switching then it can win a war of attrition since rotom doesn't really run leftovers in fortemons.

other espeeders

:sv/Lucario:
Lucario @ Tera Blast
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- crunch / earthquake
Lucario if you want to run dragonite but hate garg stab close combat for steels before you tera is nice and swords dance is a big boost over DD.
I recommend steel over fighting since other wise you get completely walled by ghosts and every other person i see on the ladder is using dragapult, but if you really hate kinggambit go for fighting i guess. this probably not very good other then at catching them off gard.

:sv/Arcanine:
Arcanine @ Tera Blast
Ability: Intimidate/flash fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Howl
dragonite with close combat and howl instead of dd and fire extreme speed and Intimidate/flash fire. probably not every good.

finally it is worth mentioning that dragonite can run non flying tera's like tera rock to count other dragonites and not get walled by rocks after tera'ed.

also beat up should be banned it just lets stupid stuff like ice beam item and beat up combos to exist and beat up Annihilape is not very fun.

Last edited:
Hi!! I'm just getting started with this tier, but I've been having a LOT of fun with it so far. Here's 2 ideas I've been using to solid success!

:sv/glimmora:
Glimmora @ mortalspin
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Power Gem
Why not venoshock in place of sludge wave?

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Just wanna throw this out there, this OM would be so much more fun if Trick, Thief, Fling, Pickpocket, Knock Off, etc. worked on item moves the same way that it worked on items.
I don't think there's anyway for this to be coded, and if anything, those moves would simply be banned anyways for distrupting the OM's gimmick to an extremely annoying degree.

In terms of dragonite i kinda hate it since it requires you to run a Pokemon for it like rotom-wash.
There are better options to checking Tera Blast Dragonite. I've already made a post on it, so you can refer to that. But we likely aren't going to make any decision on Dragonite until possibly a week later. From my POV, it just looks like a teambuilding problem right now, where people run teams with zero answers to Dragonite. As I've said in another post, Body Press in the item slot on Pokemon like Corviknight, Garganacl, etc. can just wall Dragonite completely. This isn't to disregard the possibility of it being broken, but as of right now I see it more as a problem with people running strictly offenses that lose to Dragonite. We're giving it time to see if people will adapt or if it's just broken.

Both of these will be addressed in a survey we're going to put out and run for a week. We'll take tiering action once that week period ends.

Does anyone know what item/move iron hands uses? I see it all the time and it constantly OHKOs my mons with a single hit from arm thrust and does massive dmg with fake out.

Farigiraf (M) @ chargebeam
Ability: Armor Tail
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Beat Up
- Twin Beam
- Tera Blast

Farigiraf has the potential to 6-0 nearly every time it leads in a game of Fortemons. By combining Beat Up with Charge Beam in the item slot, you are able to boost Farigiraf's Special Attack very quickly. Upon using Agility, you outspeed pretty much everything, outside of Choice Scarfed Pokémon which are rare in Fortemons, and Pokémon with weather/terrain-boosted speed. Priority moves do not affect Farigiraf due to Armor Tail, which can throw people off-guard frequently. If you are unlucky with Beat Up's Special Attack boosts, Twin Beam hits twice allowing for a 91% chance of boosting Special Attack at least once, with the added benefit of breaking Substitute, Sturdy, and Multiscale. Farigiraf also benefits from STAB Tera Blast, and Tera Fighting breaks through Dark types as well as Sandstorm Special Defense boosted Rock types.

Basically, if the opponent isn't prepared with an Unaware Pokémon, or doesn't know to throw everything they have at Farigiraf, you can win in two turns by using Agility first, then Beat Up. Peep some replays down below:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819053671
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819034723
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819051958
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819053121
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1819035627-zuc6xttspfylx0sf9l1d7rm39niil6jpw
this is why i run rocky healmit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)