Metagame Fortemons

I did some pointless testing, and apparently future sight doesn't do anything as an item, and neither does false swipe :L

edit: why would anyone want false swipe as an item to begin with?

I’ve been playing with weather a little, and this set is kind of cracked, you could run t-bolt for a little more damage but grabbing paras on the switch is nice. Also, competitive is super good in this meta with all of these stat drops secondary effects going around.

Kilowattrel @ weatherball
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fire/Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Air Slash/Hurricane

I’ve been playing with weather a little, and this set is kind of cracked, you could run t-bolt for a little more damage but grabbing paras on the switch is nice. Also, competitive is super good in this meta with all of these stat drops secondary effects going around.

Kilowattrel @ weatherball
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fire/Water
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Air Slash/Hurricane
Might as well use thunder instead of discharge if rain.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
I use the same set but with Focus Blast instead of Psyshock. Best scarfer in the format, probably. Or, at least, best scarfer of all the ones I tried.
https://pokepast.es/376f41983b31271b
This is the team. Aqua Jet on Quaquaval rather than Aqua Step because sometimes hazards really need to go away. I could use Roost instead of Taunt, it almost never proved itself useful.
Rocky Helmet on Slowbro was to avoid BP's sweeps, it can still be useful to get random chip on physical mons though. The moves are useful to this team, but they can be changed of course!
Scarf Gholdengo because imho it's the best scarfer RN, it hits so much fast stuff supereffectively or really hard.
Meowscarada is always fun and play rough/thunder punch hit a bunch of useful stuff. Clodsire is a decent special wall and Yawn can be interesting sometimes.
Last but not least, Braviary. Sheer Force, couple with a Forte with a secondary % effect, removes both the recharge turn and the drops from Close Combat. Brave Bird still hurts, so watch out. I tried to use it on a webs team but there are no good web setters, so I limit myself to hit slower mons for a TON of damage.

So I really wanted to make both a rain and snow team but neither of them are good in any capacity. If you like either, use it, but be warned it's garbage lol.
Been tweaking my rain team a bit, and it's gotten to the point where it's a force to be reckoned with. Instead of Drednaw, you can use this fun little set that is for some reason absurdly strong in rain:

bird up (Kilowattrel) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Weather Ball / Charge Beam
Ability: Volt Absorb / Competitive
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball / Charge Beam
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch

edit: I initially forgot what format this was and pasted the wrong set, whoopsies. But specs and boots both still work lol. Kilowattrel doesn't really have a great move for the item slot besides Charge Beam which I forgot about.

Additionally, the Amoonguss now runs Energy Ball since I discovered that using Absorb/Mega Drain in the item slot and using Giga Drain does not make healing stack. :/

Also since I assume I have some of your attention, holy shit is Bronzong Future Sight strong. Like Jesus. Same with Gyro Ball and EQ too I guess but DAMN. Please try this if you haven't already.

Last edited:
bandicam 2023-03-16 22-36-02-914.jpg

Gotta share this team.This team somehow get me to 6# on the ladder.
https://pokepast.es/ad0895bf2d0eecec
Blunder Waifu (Meowscarada) @ flowertrick
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Standard critkarada.I don't like modern protean so I pick overgrowth.I choose low kick as coverage.You can change it to play rough or knock off for your preference.Meow doesn't have much coverage option.Its fast and stronk.That's the reason to use it.

Female first (Hatterene) @ drainingkiss
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Nuzzle

Draining kiss is a broken item.If you doesn't kill her.She will kill you and get back to full.Nuzzle is for status spreading.Tera fire eliminate your weakness and hit steels hard iwth mystical fire.Sometimes this thing just straight up 6-0.I see volcarona and iron moth on the watchlist.This thing is a good answer to them.For some reason ppl love to switch poison type on it.Click psyshock if you see opposing poison type.The speed is to speedcreep toxapex.

Washington (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Standard OU rotom set.Act as Iron treads and dragonite answer(dragonite is now banned tho).Will o wisp is also there to spread status.I never tera this thing,so the tera type can be optimized to other type.

Tusk hater 2.0 (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Standard OU lead glimmora set.This thing is very stronk.I often see people send iron treads lead against this thing.Don't hesitate and click tera ground earthpower Ohkoing that elephant.However,don't expect tspikes to do much.Nowadays every team run a poison type.

Tusk hater 1.0 (Iron Treads) @ bodypress
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power/earthquake
- Iron Defense
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

I use body press as item,so I max out my defense.The speed is to outspeed dragapult at +1, and the rest goes to HP to increase bulk.This thing is very bulky and stronk.It can often sweep if it can get an Iron defense off.Treads is very tanky against physical attacker.You can try to set up against them.

Hexnamia (Dragapult) @ hex
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance

I think dragapult is a bit centralizing with this set.Hex is the reason why every team run a poison type.If you can status opposing team.They usually can't withstand the power of hex dragapult.I pick wisp on the moveslot to spread status for itself.

Is your team meeting problems with Hex (Item) Dragapult+Glimm core? Well no more worries! Introducing: Jolteon
Jolteon @ Facade
Ability: Quick Feet
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Discharge
- Tera Blast
As the opponent grows more confused as you send in a Jolteon, they shall be met with a surprise and a demise when this Jolteon quickly Teras and strongly takes a Sucker Punch from Pult after gaining the Fairy type.. It is able to tear through some of the meta mons such as the rising Skeledirge, Meowscarada, Quaquaval, and (idk what to insert here)
Also here's a Trailblaze Scizor set
Scizor @ Trailblaze
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
Tera Fighting is use to boost Close Combat to phenomenal levels, especially after a SD, with the nice resist to Sucker Punch. Aerial Ace is mostly the main attacking move when you really don't wanna lower your defenses, and Bullet Punch is a great Technician-boosted and STAB-boosted prority.

Following the theme of making terrible weather teams, feat. the most irrelevant weather now that snow is better: sand.

https://pokepast.es/747c607b17d7b4a6

There is like three mons that benefit from sand that are actually going to do something, and they're all either rock type (which in case you haven't realized yet is ass), outclassed by other mons, or just don't benefit enough at all. Garg! Yes, great! One eensie weensie problem, it barely benefits at all. So essentially this team turns into a regular ass team but with two sand streamers. The TTar set is fun though.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Here is the first version of the VR, it may not be too accurate as we just had a big ban wave and stuff is being discovered, and HOME could come out at any time now so this will have to work in the meantime.
The Pokémon aren't in any particular order within their rank.

S
:iron treads:Iron Treads (Body Press, Rapid Spin)
:Meowscarada:Meowscarada (Flower Trick)
:Skeledirge:Skeledirge (Flame Charge, Heavy Duty Boots, Torch Song)

A
:Baxcalibur:Baxcalibur (Heavy Duty Boots, Dragon Breath)
:Corviknight:Corviknight (Rocky Helmet, Body Slam, Body Press)
:Cyclizar:Cyclizar (Sitrus Berry, Rapid Spin)
:Dondozo:Dondozo (Avalanche, Leftovers, Body Press)
:Dragapult:Dragapult (Assurance, Hex, Tera Blast)
:Garganacl:Garganacl (Body Press, Avalanche, Leftovers, Body Slam, Salt Cure)
:Glimmora:Glimmora (Mortal Spin, Focus Sash)
:Hatterene:Hatterene (Draining Kiss)
:Iron Moth:Iron Moth (Acid Spray, Flame Charge, Charge Beam)
:Iron Valiant:Iron Valiant (Choice Scarf, Charge Beam, Booster Energy)
:Kingambit:Kingambit (Retaliate, Leftovers, Snarl)
:Pelipper:Pelipper (Damp Rock, Hurricane, Chilling Water)
:Kilowattrel:Kilowattrel (Weatherball)
:Qwilfish:Qwilfish (Fell Stinger)
:Floatzel:Floatzel (Choice Band)
:Barraskewda:Barraskewda (Choice Band, Tera Blast)
:Quaquaval:Quaquaval (Rapid Spin)
:Ting Lu:Ting Lu (Leftovers, Payback, Sand Tomb, Body Slam)
:Torkoal:Torkoal (Body Press, Heat Rock)
:Walking Wake:Walking Wake (Life Orb)

B
:Amoonguss:Amoonguss (Foul Play, Clear Smog)
:Breloom:Breloom (Life Orb, Low Sweep)
:Ceruledge:Ceruledge (Bitter Blade)
:Cinderace:Cinderace (Trailblaze)
:Garchomp:Garchomp (Rocky Helmet, Life Orb, Rock Tomb, Dragon Breath)
:Gholdengo:Gholdengo (Charge Beam, Choice Scarf, Hex)
:Greninja:Greninja (Lick, Chilling Water)
:Roaring Moon:Roaring Moon (Booster Energy, Dragon Breath, Fire Spin, Snarl)
:Rotom-Wash:Rotom-Wash (Thunder, Leftovers, Hex)
:Toxapex:Toxapex (Infestation)
:Volcarona:Volcarona (Absorb, Fiery Dance, Fire Spin, Heavy Duty Boots)
:Zoroark-Hisui:Zoroark-Hisui (Choice Scarf, Hex)
:Iron Hands:Iron Hands (Drain Punch)
:Orthworm:Orthworm (Sitrus Berry, Body Press)
:Clodsire:Clodsire (Leftovers)

C
:Hydreigon:Hydreigon (Fire Spin, Bulldoze, Dragon Breath)
:Iron Leaves:Iron Leaves (Giga Drain, Psyblade)
:Forretress:Forretress (Body Press, Gyro Ball)
:Gallade:Gallade (Sacred Sword)
:Gastrodon-east:Gastrodon (Leftovers, Clear Smog)
:Grimmsnarl:Grimmsnarl (Light Clay)
:Iron Jugulis:Iron Jugulis (Charge Beam)
:Lucario:Lucario (Tera Blast, Circle Throw)
:Lycanroc-Dusk:Lycanroc-Dusk (Crush Claw)
:Noivern:Noivern (Tera Blast)
:Pawmot:Pawmot (Electro Ball)
:Slither Wing:Slither Wing (Giga Drain)
:Tinkaton:Tinkaton (Foul Play, Draining Kiss)
:Tatsugiri:Tatsugiri (Rapid Spin)
:Arcanine:Arcanine (Tera Blast)
:medicham:Medicham (Trailblaze)

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Really? Is Skeledirge that good? It feels like so much more of a difficult sweeper to set up, although strong. Doesn't like any Pult set just absolutely shred it?
I don't think Skele has that many problems setting up, finding a chance isn't that hard with stuff like corv, iron moth and hatt being somewhat common; is also tricky to revenge kill, it can utilize Will-o-Wisp/Slack Off to mess with Sucker Punches, and a well-timed tera can let it run over its checks like Pult, failing to kill Skele means it can gain another +1SpA/Spe, potentially ko your check and spiral out of control. And that's without taking into account stuff like screens and Shed Tail.
It could drop tho, as it does poorly against Rain, an archetype that has been becoming very popular recently. Really comes down to how the meta develops now.

I just found something incredible

Braviary (M) @ Metal Claw
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Giga Impact
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird

If a Pokemon with sheer force has a move with a secondary effect in its item slot, moves that take a turn to recharge after being used don't need to recharge anymore
Same goes for moves that lower stats as well like close combat

So when combining sheer force's 30% damage increase with a 150 base power move, braviary can become very threatening

I was not the one who made this set, I saw it under a comment in a video on someone playing fortemons and tested it out myself

Last edited:

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Following the theme of making terrible weather teams, feat. the most irrelevant weather now that snow is better: sand.

https://pokepast.es/747c607b17d7b4a6

There is like three mons that benefit from sand that are actually going to do something, and they're all either rock type (which in case you haven't realized yet is ass), outclassed by other mons, or just don't benefit enough at all. Garg! Yes, great! One eensie weensie problem, it barely benefits at all. So essentially this team turns into a regular ass team but with two sand streamers. The TTar set is fun though.
Some critiques for the team: You could make Tyranitar Brave nature to lower your speed further for Payback. A combination of EQ + Rock Blast and then two filler moves (I like Stealth Rock + Crunch) is good. I think Lycanroc can run Swords Dance > Drill Run since Close Combat is good enough coverage. Stealth Rock is freed up on Hippo If you have it on T-tar, so you can run Iron Defense or Curse there instead. I think you could do Surf > Chilling Water with Chilling Water item even, but Clear Smog is also good. I think there are better items for Amoongus though. You could do Mega Drain in the item slot + Giga Drain > Energy Ball. Hex feels out of place here, so you can substitute it for Foul Play, Clear Smog, Stomping Tantrum, or Tera Blast.

So when combining sheer force's 30% damage increase with a 150 base power move, braviary can become very threatening

I was not the one who found this, I saw it under a comment in a video on someone playing fortemons and tested it out myself
This has also been in the FAQ since the first week Fortemons became challengable in January.

Something made for hazard lovers

Just joking this works best at hazard teams but if you have stealth rock it should also work fine
Riolu 2.0 (Lucario) @ Circle Throw
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Something that prevents it from dying before using trailblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 48 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly / Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Trailblaze
- Copycat
- Drain Punch
Just use a speed boosting nature so its speed is 282 or above.
Inner Focus to stop Intimidate.
Once it gets a trailblaze speed boost (+1 > 423) it outspeeds pult (421) and hence effectively everything in the meta.
(I wonder how is an Electrode going to kill a Lucario and Regieleki isn't out)
Hazard (rock / spikes) to kill the pokemon that switches in.
Only thing to worry is priority moves (and perhaps some scarf users?) (they change what you copycat)

Last edited:
Why is Copycat in move slot or moves that force switches in item slot not banned still? Riolu is banned, but some Pokemon like Lucario and Meow can boost their Speed and without Priority I don't think you can do anything

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Why is Copycat in move slot or moves that force switches in item slot not banned still? Riolu is banned, but some Pokemon like Lucario and Meow can boost their Speed and without Priority I don't think you can do anything
Meow doesnt actually learn any moves that forces the target to switch, so it can't use the combo at all.
The only legal Pokémon that can do the combo is Lucario, if it becomes a problem it may get banned, but so far it has been quite ineffective compared to Riolu.

Meow doesnt actually learn any moves that forces the target to switch, so it can't use the combo at all.
The only legal Pokémon that can do the combo is Lucario, if it becomes a problem it may get banned, but so far it has been quite ineffective compared to Riolu.
Whoops about Meow, but I still think Lucario is kinda broken

Something made for hazard lovers

Just joking this works best at hazard teams but if you have stealth rock it should also work fine
Riolu 2.0 (Lucario) @ Circle Throw
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Something that prevents it from dying before using trailblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 48 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly / Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Trailblaze
- Copycat
- Drain Punch
Just use a speed boosting nature so its speed is 282 or above.
Inner Focus to stop Intimidate.
Once it gets a trailblaze speed boost (+1 > 423) it outspeeds pult (421) and hence effectively everything in the meta.
(I wonder how is an Electrode going to kill a Lucario and Regieleki isn't out)
Hazard (rock / spikes) to kill the pokemon that switches in.
Only thing to worry is priority moves (and perhaps some scarf users?) (they change what you copycat)
Here's my own set:
https://pokepast.es/7dd80addeedd6c58
Also I kinda forgot to mention how much the Jolteon ACTUALLY takes from pult's Sucker Punches, and I'm also too lazy to do the calcs so it's about 25%-33% from Hex Boosted Sucker Punch against Tera Fairy

At last, I have a team for each weather type: behold, my prime creation, the sun team.

https://pokepast.es/87367f87a47e42e8

This one is actually pretty alright, all things considered. Multiple powerful sweepers that are capable of launching nukes of moves. (Ignore thunder on Iron Treads, that was meant to be Electro Ball and I'm too lazy to make a whole new Pokepaste.) Quagsire is a decent anchor and anti-sweeper with Haze and can keep itself healthy really easily. Rotom is reliable for burns and pivots, Literally everything else is for damage output. Torkoal spamming no-drawback, stab, sun-boosted Overheats is devastating and is also a near complete counter to Meowscarada. Iron Treads deals with Dragapult pretty handily, and Skeledirge and Walking Wake are pretty standard. I do think that Walking Wake could go either way as far as Protosynthesis goes, but I prefer speed since it allows it to also check Dragapult and opposing Iron Treads.

This one is definitely my Magnum Opus as far as weather goes, and have had pretty great success with it in the test games I've played, and it's just fun to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)