Survivor Circus Survivor Season IV: WON BY DLE, EPISODIC RECAP IN DISCORD READ OP

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I initiated all of our conversations.
I wanted you out over zorbees because he actually talked to me without me asking him a few questions, but ofc people resisted and it didnt happen.
Hannah's greatest failure is not recognizing you as a threat at a time when you were easy to vote off and instead resisting a vote on you.
I wanted to talk with you more one-on-one post-merge, but rationalized and talked to hal in my really, really extensive chat history that I wanted zorbees to do the talking with you because I didn't want zorbees to be in a position where he felt he had no arguments for winning in an f3 and blindside me later on. I felt letting zorbees manage "team Wolv," as well as letting him take charge at f11 (which failed spectacularly) would help zorbees' f3 stock. I should have handled this all better, but that was also part of the thinking on why I never reached out to you. And pre-merge, there was only ever one vote and I felt I had a fairly logical/secure position in both iterations of Vullaby to never feel compelled to do so ahead of time.

That said, easily my worst plays involve how I interacted with you, and especially the last explanation doesn't do more than explain the thought process/urgency, not justify the play. Hopefully you can pick up from the amount and design of how I interacted with the other players around that you vote in my favor anyway.

I hope people don't associate "passivity" with not doing anything in the game. I had a different approach to this game than a lot of people by preferring to work off of what other people wanted to do. I had a specific reason for doing this; I wanted to avoid being targeted as a threat as much as possible and rely on making subtle connections with people under the table to make it far. If I was so passive, why was I continually targeted? Why didn't people want to just take me to the end? Why didn't anyone make a final 3 alliances with me? It's because people were worried about me. Obviously that's my own perception of myself, and I'll have to let the jury decide how they viewed me.

But in all honesty, I never viewed jalmont or Hannah as primary rivals in this game, because they simply hadn't done much to change or direct the flow of the game.

For jalmont, he relied on RODAN's connection to trace at 10 to hopefully keep his closest ally safe without doing his due diligence to secure that vote against siding with a player who had literally only been in a tribe with trace for two cycles (viper). He let the game come to him too much, and followed my direction through f8, f7, and f6 without doing much on his end (he could have pushed a rad vote at 7 if he wanted his connection to Wolv secure, etc.). And then at 5, when he finally reached out to Hannah, never pieced together or pushed for a position where he would vote me out. He just allowed me to stay in the competition over Rad and Alore.
DLE keeps saying stuff like this which is too bad because it's pretty misleading and I hope people will recognize that.

For one it completely discounts pre-merge stuff, which is fine, because that's a small portion of the game. OK, whatever.

But beyond that, this is just filled with nonsense that shows that DLE didn't and still doesn't understand what was going on in the game. I didn't "rely" on RODAN's connection to trace, I was the one that was trusted in that group. Trace was the one who broke to me that he was going to throw away his vote. You had even less of an idea of what was going on at 10 and 11 unlike me. It was also pretty accepted that trace and viper had a connection, even if you didn't know that.

I didn't follow your direction on 8, I was talking to Wolv all throughout that, so let's not act like you masterminded that. I will give you f7 given that you flipped rad, but the decision I took was ultimately my own. I needed you as much as you needed me because your game was over as soon as you lost immunity up until the final 5.

Final 5 I made a conscious decision that I would have to live with a world in which you were at the end because you were closer to Hannah and Alore than me. yeah that's reasonable that the jury sees that and thinks "Well he didn't make a big play to make himself stand out." that's true and if that's why I lose I'm cool with that because it was consistent with how I played. I decided that building my relationship with you was a better move than trying to get hannah/alore to flip which probably wouldn't have happened and just thrown away my game. I didn't "allow" you to stay in, I really didn't have much of a choice because I couldn't convince Hannah or Alore of the need to vote you out. Yeah, that's a "failure" insofar as I couldn't make it happen but I don't really see that as a blight on my game because I can't control other people.

Let's be real here: you were the definition of passive up to the final 8 vote. You didn't know what was happening at 11, 10, or 9. You easily could've been any of those votes had really anyone decided you were the play. Viper decided to go after me at 8 which saved you, you won immunities at 7 and 6 when you otherwise would've gone home. Like there is no question that you go home otherwise and that's super fortunate for you. Yeah I guess my own "flaw" was that I didn't work with Viper more, but from the outset I was nervous about working with him because I knew he would/was coming after me. So what was there for me to do?

Who's passivity was worse? I'll let the jury decide, but I'm not the one claiming I was the biggest strategic and social mastermind. DLE's the one here trying to claim that he controlled the game by having the best social, strategical, and challenge based game. That's nonsense and I'm glad people are recognizing that lol. I legitimately knew what was going on every single votes, and I know the people on the jury know that. I don't need to sit here and argue with everyone about who was going to do what to be confident in my own gameplay that got me to the end.

THE SCIATIC NERVE

What is the most important personal connection you made that led you to making the finals
If we're talking the finals specifically, then it's DLE. I think at 8 we both realized we needed each other if we wanted to progress as otherwise some combination of viper/alore hannah/wolv with rad thrown in there was just going to pagong the rest of us. so i think i leveraged that to help me out all the way through the end of the game. I needed his vote to stay in the game twice (at 8 and 6) and I chalk that down to me building that relationship with him. I made him feel like he needed me and to an extent, I needed him as well. It's definitely not clear cut that I was just following him; you heard it from dle himself, he hadn't made up his mind as to whether he was going to vote him at 4. he liked me more than rad. those are the things that he said that I think is pretty solid evidence of a good relationship.

On the other hand, I did think about and tried to push DLE votes a couple times but I didn't really have an opportunity to ever specifically target him. He was immune when I would've liked to have gone after him (voting him at 6 would have been ideal for my game) and after that it was too late. So instead, I drew upon my relationship with him to increase my chances of getting to the end. I know that it would be dangerous to do so, but I feel that this wasn't an unwinnable position for me. We'll see if I'm right about that...

That's not to say he was the only relationship I had (I can point to hannah being important obviously, wolv was crucial as well, etc) but I think just in getting here he was a very important personal connection that I had.

I initiated all of our conversations.
I wanted you out over zorbees because he actually talked to me without me asking him a few questions, but ofc people resisted and it didnt happen.
Hannah's greatest failure is not recognizing you as a threat at a time when you were easy to vote off and instead resisting a vote on you.
Can confirm, you talked to me and zorbees didn't, which is why I wanted zorbees out instead of you.

too many nights cutting my sleep schedule for challenges hoping I get lucky and time that fucking baseball by tigger correctly
fuk hal
but it was fun

does that make me a masochist

all my friends are dead
push me to the edge
all my friends are dead
push me to the edge

and

Some british hip hop just for you to close out, Alore
I LOVE THIS DLE

I don't even know what messaged I've read or haven't read holy shit, I need to reread the last like 5 pages and recoup my thoughts lol, give me a bit to gather everything into one final post i guess

Da Letter El

For one it completely discounts pre-merge stuff, which is fine, because that's a small portion of the game. OK, whatever.
you've still not brought up what you've actually done pre-merge besides a. make a strong alliance with RODAN and b. assist in winning challenges in post-swap. Agree that it is a small portion of the game, and I've already mentioned that I do not know what control you had in pre-swap, but post-swap it takes 1 loss and you're probably the vote.

But beyond that, this is just filled with nonsense that shows that DLE didn't and still doesn't understand what was going on in the game. I didn't "rely" on RODAN's connection to trace, I was the one that was trusted in that group. Trace was the one who broke to me that he was going to throw away his vote. You had even less of an idea of what was going on at 10 and 11 unlike me. It was also pretty accepted that trace and viper had a connection, even if you didn't know that.
reasons why this is either a lie or bad play:

1. You had no reason to lie about knowing trace's position prior to his vote and outright said you had no idea what he was thinking at 10.

2. you didn't act to do anything to try to salvage your position with trace to potentially convince trace that RODAN was never going to stab him.

If you're referring to me not knowing what trace was doing, I was told by viper prior to being told by you that he threw it away.

Here are logs following f10:

[10:12 PM] DuckDuckPwn: yo
[10:26 PM] Jalmont: What’s up
[10:26 PM] Jalmont: Do u know what’s happening
[10:30 PM] DuckDuckPwn: I’m fairly sure viper Hannah et al are voting for me here lol
[10:31 PM] DuckDuckPwn: So uh either I miracle flip alore or 3p1k or best of luck getting a run of immunities lol
[10:32 PM] Jalmont: Damn...
[10:32 PM] Jalmont: It’s tough for me to do much atm
[10:32 PM] DuckDuckPwn: Ye
[10:32 PM] Jalmont: Given my internet rn
[10:33 PM] Jalmont: Plus in general
[10:33 PM] DuckDuckPwn: Game state is
[10:33 PM] DuckDuckPwn: Awful
[10:33 PM] DuckDuckPwn: For both of ys
[10:33 PM] DuckDuckPwn: Us*
[10:33 PM] DuckDuckPwn: Lol
[10:34 PM] DuckDuckPwn: Uh do you know where trace’s head is at
[10:35 PM] Jalmont: No clue, haven’t gotten a response from him
[10:38 PM] Jalmont: Hopefully I hear back before I’m gone for the night

[10:39 PM] Jalmont: Is there even like a plausible alternative vote here lol
[10:39 PM] Jalmont: Like I don’t even know who else viper and friends would agree to vote
[10:39 PM] Jalmont: I feel like if viper wants to go after someone else is our best shot but
[10:39 PM] Jalmont: A long one at that

I didn't follow your direction on 8, I was talking to Wolv all throughout that, so let's not act like you masterminded that. I will give you f7 given that you flipped rad, but the decision I took was ultimately my own. I needed you as much as you needed me because your game was over as soon as you lost immunity up until the final 5.
f8 is just going to be "he said, she said" on who told who to do what. However, Wolv has already come out and said that he wanted to vote for me and was pushing that at 8, only to be talked out of it by Hannah, so even if you disagree on the source of your inspiration at 8, the only reason a trace vote got entertained is because of my social game.

I wasn't out at 7 and didn't need that immunity; I merely needed it off of Wolv. Viper/alore/me/rad were a fairly reliable vote out on Wolv there. Your vote being there was icing on the cake in case my read on Alore was wrong.

Needing an immunity at 6 and getting it isn't indicative of bad play; you use it in your own defense at 4 on why you ought win. You can't have it both ways. Note that I've never tried to take credit away from getting an immunity that puts you in a position to be in ftc. Additionally, I had done enough that I at least had some counterplay at 6 with being able to possibly get rad onto viper, to have Hannah/alore force a tie, or possibly have you consider a viper vote. Hannah's already acknowledged that you were "100% out" at 4 had you not won immunity there.

Final 5 I made a conscious decision that I would have to live with a world in which you were at the end because you were closer to Hannah and Alore than me. yeah that's reasonable that the jury sees that and thinks "Well he didn't make a big play to make himself stand out." that's true and if that's why I lose I'm cool with that because it was consistent with how I played. I decided that building my relationship with you was a better move than trying to get hannah/alore to flip which probably wouldn't have happened and just thrown away my game. I didn't "allow" you to stay in, I really didn't have much of a choice because I couldn't convince Hannah or Alore of the need to vote you out. Yeah, that's a "failure" insofar as I couldn't make it happen but I don't really see that as a blight on my game because I can't control other people.
Making a poor strategic decision and throwing your hands in the air when Hannah was at least interested in hearing you out isn't indicative of a reason to win. "Playstyle" does not justify pretty blatant mistakes. Having Hannah consider a flip on me is not a matter of "controlling" anyone; it's being convincing to another fellow player on why X other player jeopardizes their ability to win. I did this with rad and you at 7 regarding Wolv. While you -- and rad, should he have made ftc -- should get credit for agreeing with these points and coming to a reasonable conclusion on a path to win at 7, when you bring the person who is pitching these ideas with you into ftc, you're gonna have some problems. Rad at least recognized this and voted me at 5 like you should have.

Additionally, you've brought up that it was a mistake that I didn't vote you out at 5. But if Hannah were willing to hear you out at 5 and published logs of this, and my vote and Hannah outing my position to prefer a rad vote there meant you didn't even attempt to persuade Hannah otherwise, doesn't that then mean my final 5 decision to vote Rad over you is likely the strategically correct one?

Let's be real here: you were the definition of passive up to the final 8 vote.
Once again, untrue. At 11, I specifically told zorbees to handle the vote. I've already explained that this was part of a plan to give zorbees f3 arguments. This failed spectacularly for a multitude of reasons. (Also doesn't help that I had tons of work on the day of that vote; I'm not holding your vacation over you for similar reasons. irl happens)

At 10, everyone bar viper and trace himself were surprised at the time of the trace off-vote; while viper had told as much to Wolv/Hannah/3p1k/Alore, the thought there was one that really didn't believe it until they saw it. This includes you. I was proactive in setting up a counter-push onto viper and left one vote for you/RODAN to need to handle, and you failed to do so and lost your closest ally.

I worked at 9 with Rad to set up a Wolv vote and likely would have had it, had Wolv not won immunity there. See the massive rad at f9 logs earlier regarding that. There was no reasonable argument to get zorbees saved at 9 once Wolv had immunity, and so I bowed out at 9 but told Rad that I would need him at 7. Arguing I wasn't active at 9 is tantamount to arguing that viper wasn't active at 8 to try to save trace, which is obviously untrue.

You didn't know what was happening at 11, 10, or 9. You easily could've been any of those votes had really anyone decided you were the play. Viper decided to go after me at 8 which saved you,
Important notes:

1. I convinced viper not to do so.

2. I convinced Alore/Hannah not to do so.

Not giving credit for being out of firing range at 8 is ridiculous

you won immunities at 7 and 6 when you otherwise would've gone home. Like there is no question that you go home otherwise and that's super fortunate for you. Yeah I guess my own "flaw" was that I didn't work with Viper more, but from the outset I was nervous about working with him because I knew he would/was coming after me. So what was there for me to do?
See my above f6 comments. My f6 immunity looks better than your f4 one, because I had counterplay if I didn't win there, whereas you didn't.

Who's passivity was worse? I'll let the jury decide, but I'm not the one claiming I was the biggest strategic and social mastermind. DLE's the one here trying to claim that he controlled the game by having the best social, strategical, and challenge based game. That's nonsense and I'm glad people are recognizing that lol. I legitimately knew what was going on every single votes, and I know the people on the jury know that. I don't need to sit here and argue with everyone about who was going to do what to be confident in my own gameplay that got me to the end.
I didn't claim to control the whole game. I claimed to control the game after f8. Arguing that I wasn't in control of the "whole" game doesn't help your chances to win when you were in control of "none" of the game, outside of your own vote.

People are free to disagree over how much influence I had or didn't have over the game. People should not disagree that of the remaining players in f3, I took the most calculated risks, put in the most effort, and just simply played best overall.

At the end of the day, I fundamentally and strategically did things to put myself in this position in f3. The closest jalmont has to an argument on things he did were winning an f4 immunity, being passively aware of more votes, and doing enough to have me like him enough to choose him over rad in f4. Rad would be the first to tell you that he wouldn't beat me in an f3. Your position was arguably worse in that Rad had to sever his closest alliance to have any reasonable shot of a victory, whereas you had to...make me prefer you over rad as a player?

I'm sorta away right now (family event out of state), so sorry that this is so brief.

Da Letter El THE SCIATIC NERVE and Hannahh what would you say your best success was, greatest failure, and toughest rival? For the first two, what do you think your rivals' most accurate answers should be?
Before I forget to respond to this, I'll post this one first. Also I really really really hate forum posts and the like and anything related to writing so I can't make this a very long post, sorry if you guys wanted longass content from me cause I'm way too tired from work today to do shit.

I think my best success was bouncing back after multiple allies were kicked off in the game. In the beginning, Wolv IFML and I were allied, and Wolv added viper and alore through some talking I guess? THis alliance sticked around for a while, and Wolv, IFML, and I prayed AJ and ssr would make it to merge because of previous friendship we knew eachother from PS mafia etc. We had literally EVERYTHING planned out in a best case scenario and every time something went wrong (which was pretty damn often lmao) we had to adapt and wing it. AJ and ssr were voted out, and once viper v aj happened we really hoped aj would come back but rip there. From there we had no other close allies from the other team coming in, we just had Wolv/Alore/Me as a solid group, with Wolv and Alore not really trusting eachother as much as I trusted both of them. I know that people like trace and jal and rodan etc, they all had alliances premade and once merge came along, DLE/Zorbees/AG all met back up, Jal and Rodan met back up, and Trace/Viper met back up. This caused problems for my alliance because if any of those alliances teamed up, we were downright fucked. We kept our new alliance of us/RAD/etc. underwraps because it put a huge target on our back to have a 5/6 person alliance. Eventually we had a solid plan to get Wolv/RAD/Alore to f3 and kill it all, but wolv and I were blindsided before we could get there. From there I saw everything fall apart and (while going around attacking everyone in the game and calling them snakes lol, sorry about that i was angry) thought I'd be out next for sure. I was an easy vote off at that point, but I reached out to DLE and Alex and RAD etc again, and tried to fight my way back into the game from such a low point. I think making it here was my best achievement despite having every single "best case scenario" ripped from my hands.

I wouldn't say my biggest mistake was keeping DLE in, since I thought DLE + Jal had to make it to final 3 for me to have any shot at winning so they could split the circus votes. I really thought that we could pull a closer game this way, which is why DLE and Jal are here instead of, say, viper and rad. i honestly don't think I had any chance of winning in any scenario, and this was the least negative scenario of them all. I didn't expect FTC to be so brutal and scary, however, and didn't expect so much attacking lol. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this. I think my biggest mistake was letting people guilt me based on personal bias, because that's a huge problem I had. Instead of voting dle, i voted zorbees because I personally liked DLE (Who wouldn't, he told me his old college drinking stories!!!!) and I held a personal vendetta against viper because of the wolv vote, because I held him responsible for that vote. i shouldn't have let my feelings dictate how I played the game, but I did. I think I had a chance at beating viper, playing the cards right, but I blew that when I tunneled him.

As for DLE, i think his biggest achievement is not losing a f8, simple. I think his biggest mistake was letting jalmont stay in, since he could have swept w/ any 2 of me/alex/rad with him in FTC.

For Jal, it's the same thing that his achievement was not being voted off after RODAN. His mistake was not trying to convince alore to vote DLE (since I would have swung easily, but Alore refused to vote people in the past so would have taken convincing.) which would have guaranteed him the win.

Da Letter El

For Jal, it's the same thing that his achievement was not being voted off after RODAN. His mistake was not trying to convince alore to vote DLE (since I would have swung easily, but Alore refused to vote people in the past so would have taken convincing.) which would have guaranteed him the win.
I really think this is all that really needs to be said regarding jalmont's game at 5 and 4, outside of giving some credit for the win at 4 given that lack of attempting social game at that point.

Oh, btw DLE, When you approached me begging not to be voted off at f8, we hadn't even discussed voting you out so I wouldn't say you convinced me/alex/viper cause none of us had even mentioned it yet.

Honestly, DLE you played really well and if you didn't seem so arrogant in this FTC you probably would have fucking swept Jal and I. But, you came in with such a cocky attitude that might make people disagree? So honestly I think THIS is your biggest mistake? lol

Da Letter El

Honestly, DLE you played really well and if you didn't seem so arrogant in this FTC you probably would have fucking swept Jal and I. But, you came in with such a cocky attitude that might make people disagree? So honestly I think THIS is your biggest mistake? lol
Yeah, my opening speech probably should have been more humble tbh

Da Letter El

ajhockeystar I see you're watching the thread; where's your head at right now? I know I and Hannah literally were never in a tribe with you, so it makes reading the game a bit more difficult from your position. Are there things you need me to clarify or convince you of?

This was never going to happen. People were semi-playing for DLE to win at that point. Sorry, Alex but I know you weren't really trying to win, at least for yourself. I repeatedly brought up voting DLE out and no one was interested. I brought up ways that people could further their own interests over and over again and people weren't interested in listening. I tried my best to help people help themselves and it often didn't work out. That wasn't something I could've helped.

No I mean, f4. Had you asked me to vote out DLE, I 100% would have. We just both had to ask Alex to cause it would have fucked us over if he voted w/ DLE. Then, you had a guaranteed win vs me/alore/dle

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hannahh

How much did you connect with Aura Guardian, RODAN, and Trace, prior to them being voted out of the game?

Why do you think I was willing to vote off Trace at F11 if I feared the 5 man alliance of you/Wolv/Viper/Alore/3P1K?

Da Letter El

Even if neither of you convinced alex to vote me at 4, simply having Hannah flip and force me into a tiebreaker puts both of you in a significantly better position come this f3. Neither of you doing so is really problematic.

Hannahh

How much did you connect with Aura Guardian, RODAN, and Trace, prior to them being voted out of the game?

Why do you think I was willing to vote off Trace at F11 if I feared the 5 man alliance of you/Wolv/Viper/Alore/3P1K?
Lol, I didn't connect with AG or Trace at all. AG I saw as a treat because I'm petty and i'm a math major and couldn't do any of the math he did so I was jealous and we just never talked besides that. He was just a huge challenge threat, but when he was in OG Vullabies w/ us he was p cool. Trace I literally don't think I ever talked to at all in pms etc. And RODAN I talked to a bit, worked together for some votes, and then he was too much of a threat and I fear voted him w/ my alliance and I felt SO guilty b/c he's the only one I did connect with.

I thought you'd vote him off because he was a threat, he wasn't allied with you, and maybe you didn't 100% know about the alliance or know it was a 5 man alliance (vs a less menacing 3 or 4 man alliance?) I'm not exactly sure, I don't remember what f11 exactly was. Anything before f7 is kinda fuzzy tbh.

No I mean, f4. Had you asked me to vote out DLE, I 100% would have. We just both had to ask Alex to cause it would have fucked us over if he voted w/ DLE. Then, you had a guaranteed win vs me/alore/dle
I guess I am too honorable to try and convince you to do something directly against your interest. I didn't see you ever agreeing to something like that, plus I also thought there was a high chance alore was going to self vote.

Even if neither of you convinced alex to vote me at 4, simply having Hannah flip and force me into a tiebreaker puts both of you in a significantly better position come this f3. Neither of you doing so is really problematic.
Nonsense. Why would Hannah willingly go to a tiebreaker instead of voting out alore which I maintain puts her in the best spot to win? Explain to me how Hannah wins against you if I was voted out? How is that a better scenario for her than this? It puts me into a better position but not Hannah. I thought Hannah figured that out as well, but maybe not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)