Survivor Circus Survivor Season IV: WON BY DLE, EPISODIC RECAP IN DISCORD READ OP

I'm sorta away right now (family event out of state), so sorry that this is so brief.

Da Letter El THE SCIATIC NERVE and Hannahh what would you say your best success was, greatest failure, and toughest rival? For the first two, what do you think your rivals' most accurate answers should be?
DLE success - I think DLE's biggest success was how he maneuvered from being in a poor position during the initial part of the merge where he was clearly a part of a minority into a very strong end game position where he managed to vote out his biggest rivals (except for me) and have a relatively decent chance of making the final 3. Apparently it was a lot easier than even I thought given what hannah has said about me being gone at 4 100%, but even without that, I would consider dle's ability to reposition himself into a safe spot in the game to be his biggest success.

DLE failure - Not being more cutthroat and voting me out at 5. If his social game was really as great as he says it was, then this shouldn't have been a problem. I think this shows that DLE was too comfortable with his position in the game that he wasn't really considering anyone else being a threat. DLE's trying to set himself up as someone who had a lot of control over the game, but he seemed relatively content to let me hang around which I think is a mistake. Of course, I'd like to give myself some credit in downplaying myself as a threat to dle himself, so I suppose it's not entirely a total failure on his part.

Of course, if you don't buy me being a big threat and think that DLE did fine in the moves he made up to this point, then his biggest failure is his pre-merge position where he was on the outs and needed a lot of luck to get into a commanding position.

Hannah success - Reaching the end without having to rely on Wolv. I feel like a lot of people probably viewed hannah as just an extension of wolv, so I think making it to end showed that Hannah could play her own game without having to rely on him. The way in which she rebounded after wolv was voted out in making it to the end was a pretty big success for her.

Hannah failure - Not doing more to try and vote me or DLE out at the final 5. Again, similar to DLE's failure. It's surprising to me that it wasn't considered for me to be voted out here. If I were Hannah, I think you would rather risk having RAD in the final 3 versus DLE or me. I don't know, the fact voting out DLE wasn't really considered seems like a pretty big mistake to me. It's a play that looks like it's trying to get DLE a win more than anything, but I'd chalk it down to more of a misreading of the game. Had Hannah wanted to try and make a move against DLE, I imagine she's pretty close to guaranteed a victory.

Da Letter El i really think that your view on what rad and alore would do is very off. most of your plans revolved around that esp if alore voted jalmont and didnt forget to vote. alore would be with me 100% at f5 and rad wouldnt go with you cause you probs just vote him out after me if he decides to go with you. I think you got very lucky

also
Greatest success was the maneuvering I did at f8. Every word was that the next vote immediately after zorbees was going to be on me. Debates in Wolv/Hannah camp were over me vs trace, and viper wanted me vs jalmont, so I was looking to be the obvious pick at 8 because the main people in both at that position wanted me out (Wolv and viper). Getting viper to give me his word he would keep me alive until 7, as well as word from Hannah and Alore that they would not vote for me at 8 was huge.
you were never the target at 8 (i think wolv can agree with this), i dont understand why you think you maneuvered yourself out of this tough position. all you did was promise me you would vote with me so I took you up on that

THE SCIATIC NERVE Da Letter El how much would you say that you influenced the collapse of the other 5 as a solid alliance
Who is the other 5? Wolv Hannah viper alore and RAD?

I don't think they were ever as tight of a 5 as anyone thought they were. I knew from my time in the vullabies that Wolv didn't trust viper and that viper was seen as a pretty big outside threat. I don't know how viper felt about wolv but I have to imagine that viper was aware enough to see the threat that wolv posed to him. I felt pretty good about my position with RAD given that we had what I thought was a solid alliance until it wasn't a solid alliance.

The way I interpreted things was that instead of them being a 5, it was more of Viper + Alore vs. Wolv + Hannah and RAD somewhere in the middle. In part that's why I wasn't super concerned about that 5 going to the end together because I knew there was no way they were stable enough to last together. Viper and Wolv were inevitably going to clash, and that's when I would have my opportunity to wriggle myself into one alliance or the other or both. the vote at 8 was essentially a preview to that conflict since Trace by extension by that point was more of a part of viper's group. I don't want to speak for Wolv but I think we had formed a relationship where he saw that voting trace would help weaken viper and potentially strengthen his own position within that 5.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Biggest rival is hard to say: I'll interpret that in three ways.

In terms of "which player will give you the hardest time of making final 3?" that player is viper. viper had so much vote control that so much of my game plan had to revolve around where I could get those votes and how I could have them not be pointed at me. Working with him long and well enough so that I wasn't his target until it was too late for viper was really difficult to manage.

In terms of "which player gave you the most fear of them being in a final 3?" I would say RODAN. As much as we were only on a tribe together for two cycles, it was readily apparent come the Aura Guardian vote that RODAN had a lot of influence and was a clear threat to just outright winning in an ftc off of the miraculous play to convince Aura Guardian to help with an idol save pre-merge and held lots of voting influence as well. Had he not been blindsided by trace flipping on him, I would have been in an incredibly difficult position where two of the most influential players want me out sooner rather than later (viper, Wolv), and the last of them I'd be forced to work with in all likelihood for an extended period and would constantly have to be on my toes about in RODAN.

In terms of "who is your biggest rival among those left in final 3?" I would say jalmont. I think jalmont's contributions to pushing the trace vote after I had suggested it to him at 8, as well as his recognition that my arguments at 7 for needing Wolv out and at 6 for needing viper out were sound plays on his end.

But in all honesty, I never viewed jalmont or Hannah as primary rivals in this game, because they simply hadn't done much to change or direct the flow of the game.

For jalmont, he relied on RODAN's connection to trace at 10 to hopefully keep his closest ally safe without doing his due diligence to secure that vote against siding with a player who had literally only been in a tribe with trace for two cycles (viper). He let the game come to him too much, and followed my direction through f8, f7, and f6 without doing much on his end (he could have pushed a rad vote at 7 if he wanted his connection to Wolv secure, etc.). And then at 5, when he finally reached out to Hannah, never pieced together or pushed for a position where he would vote me out. He just allowed me to stay in the competition over Rad and Alore.

For Hannah, while she was active and successful in the challenges she participated in especially pre-swap with her puzzle strength, she seemed to mostly follow Wolv's direction. At 8, there's some logic that made sense for her to potentially try to save me over that of a trace/jalmont, which may have been good play in some respects if she planned to ever go against her alliance, but she never did and never attempted to try to direct me or plot the game in any particular direction using that position. Instead, she allowed for me to stay around and form a really close bond to Alore that Hannah and jalmont have both mentioned as being potential barriers to voting me out, yet once again, at 5, there's no recognition that she can get me out with jalmont and Rad's help, nor at 4.

Da Letter El

Da Letter El i really think that your view on what rad and alore would do is very off. most of your plans revolved around that esp if alore voted jalmont and didnt forget to vote. alore would be with me 100% at f5 and rad wouldnt go with you cause you probs just vote him out after me if he decides to go with you. I think you got very lucky

also

you were never the target at 8 (i think wolv can agree with this), i dont understand why you think you maneuvered yourself out of this tough position. all you did was promise me you would vote with me so I took you up on that
You are incorrect. Alore isn't one to lie, and I've already shown you the logs where he's outright pledging to bring me to f3 in a game where Alore has been incredibly disengaged. He has no reason to lie in that position.

Da Letter El

also

Rad was saying that talks at 8 were of Wolv pushing for me out at 8, with Hannah/Alore pushing for trace. Hannah also confirmed that she was pushing against my vote. While perhaps you personally didn't have plans for me going out at 8, I think you can agree that a. your vote was almost always going to be between me and jalmont and b. you had plenty of reason to vote me out at 8, even if you hadn't explicitly planned for that

So you two were both still going to vote me even if I hadn't asked to be voted out?
Was this a question for me?

maybe I wasn't clear enough when you told me you wanted to be voted out, but I 100% would've tied the vote had either of you wanted to go down that route. I was safe at that point and believed that no one would want to vote out DLE (I would've happily done too lol), so if you guys wanted to do a tiebreak for the final spot I would've been happy with that. I guess I should've made that more clear to you. I didn't feel like I had any power to get what I wanted at that spot and so I defaulted into letting both you and hannah play your own game and decide what you wanted to do.

Da Letter El

Also viper, if you don't believe me on Alore not following you before/after a tie, I hope you are aware that the reason why everyone got the quiz wrong on "most correct votes" was because Alore kept siding against you at post-swap Rufflets, yeah? It's extremely likely he votes trace there, especially after a tie where Hannah and Rad feel that Alore/trace are largely just following your lead and have much less reason to flip.

You are incorrect. Alore isn't one to lie, and I've already shown you the logs where he's outright pledging to bring me to f3 in a game where Alore has been incredibly disengaged. He has no reason to lie in that position.
alore has promised me multiple times that he would vote with me when merge hit and voted with me on every single vote, this would not have changed in a f5 situation as alore had already expressed that he would even vote out anyone if it meant saving me.

if you dont believe me hear it from him if he replies idk.

i think you played a good game after f6 where alore doesnt vote but your f6 where alore doesnt vote is reaally messed up

Also viper, if you don't believe me on Alore following you, I hope you are aware that the reason why everyone got the quiz wrong on "most correct votes" was because Alore kept siding against you at post-swap Rufflets, yeah? It's extremely likely he votes trace there, especially after a tie where Hannah and Rad feel that Alore/trace are largely just following your lead and have much less reason to flip.
i encouraged alore to not vote with me on post swap ruffs. i have not brought up the trace vote in my discussion about alore, but since you brought it up as you can see he coulda voted trace but he didnt.

i really couldnt have stopped trace getting voted out, i tried a bunch

Da Letter El

i encouraged alore to not vote with me on post swap ruffs. i have not brought up the trace vote in my discussion about alore, but since you brought it up as you can see he coulda voted trace but he didnt.

i really couldnt have stopped trace getting voted out, i tried a bunch
Oh I wasn't clear. I was talking about in the hypothetical world where jalmont goes out at 8 and trace is around at 6.

In that world, rad does not side with you. He sides against you because rad realizes that trace+alore always vote with you from that point forward.

Oh I wasn't clear. I was talking about in the hypothetical world where jalmont goes out at 8 and trace is around at 6.
oh ok in that world i think that it still comes down to a tie (3p1k probs doesnt vote with me there) again cause alore knows id die if trace was voted out and has already said that he would vote any1 if it meant i wouldnt die.

Da Letter El

oh ok in that world i think that it still comes down to a tie (3p1k probs doesnt vote with me there) again cause alore knows id die if trace was voted out and has already said that he would vote any1 if it meant i wouldnt die.
Alore was telling me his thought process on every vote from that point on and would've been honest. If he expressed fears of "but it means viper might go," at 6 I just promise to never vote you out at 5, which while not as good as you being out pre-4, is still probably ok, because I can just either force you into tiebreaker at 4 with the remaining other player, or can just convince alore to vote said other player at 4 barring their immunity.

This was accounted for.

Alore was telling me his thought process on every vote from that point on and would've been honest. If he expressed fears of "but it means viper might go," at 6 I just promise to never vote you out at 5, which while not as good as you being out pre-4, is still probably ok, because I can just either force you into tiebreaker at 4 with the remaining other player, or can just convince alore to vote said other player at 4 barring their immunity.

This was accounted for.
we would just vote you out at 5 then ?_?

Da Letter El

Viper you already know how honest Alore is from him not wanting to throw LC even though you wanted him to. He had no reason to lie to me at 7 that he brings me to 3.

Da Letter El

alore wouldnt vote trace there tho.

id love to hear alores perspective on this
But yeah I suppose both of us speaking for Alore doesn't really get us anywhere, lol. Hopefully you can at least see that I had a gameplan in mind that put me in as good of a position I could muster given my status as being seen as a major threat, as well as Aura Guardian and zorbees going out early in merge. Even if you think I'm completely wrong on Alore, hopefully you recognize that the moves I did make helped to put me into this position here today in ftc and that those active moves are more deserving of your vote than the other players here.

But yeah I suppose both of us speaking for Alore doesn't really get us anywhere, lol. Hopefully you can at least see that I had a gameplan in mind that put me in as good of a position I could muster given my status as being seen as a major threat, as well as Aura Guardian and zorbees going out early in merge. Even if you think I'm completely wrong on Alore, hopefully you recognize that the moves I did make helped to put me into this position here today in ftc and that those active moves are more deserving of your vote than the other players here.
yea, i totally think you did good im just salty myself due to thinks outside of my control.

Da Letter El

yea, i totally think you did good im just salty myself due to thinks outside of my control.
all good, completely get it. was really fun playing with/against you. Your vote control gave me fits, lol

Hopefully next time we have an lc challenge I won't have to get bodied by you and can lose to like trace/alore instead. That would be nice.

If you really think I was untrustworthy then you didn't listen to me whatsoever, at no point did I lie about who I was voting to anyone. (This doesn't include speculation where I was not decided on a vote yet.)

Tell me why I shouldn't use this as leverage to vote for another user.
I did listen to you, and of course you did tell me and never lie, but the fact that you still did it made me sceptical. I don't see why you would decide not to vote me or to vote me depending on if I 100% trust you or not?

My biggest mistake/regret was how I handled my Wolv interactions in particular. He was generally the one reaching out to me to talk, and I should have done a much better job of reaching out to him and giving him reason to believe I wouldn't gun for him. The zorbees vote at 9 very possibly could have been me if I had done any worse with the interactions I had with Wolv (and Hannah, to a degree, although Hannah only really hit me up once or twice when a vote was occurring, or when I talked to Alore about drinking and Alore immediately told her. (ps those logs are great, jalmont and everyone else I shared them with can confirm) I put the game in a position at 9 where I was not in control because of how I handled those interactions. While I think I later made use of this weakness at f8 really well, I probably could have been in a much more solid position if I had reached out to Wolv more especially.

I've posted earlier about perceiving that I wasn't a priority to Wolv leading to my actions, but even if there's a perception of potentially being on the outs, that doesn't mean that remaining largely disengaged is the correct play. There's better ways to handle situations where you might like the user, but you may have to go in opposite directions. I learned from this and handled this much better with viper and Hannah going forward, but this aspect of my game wasn't helpful.
I initiated all of our conversations.
I wanted you out over zorbees because he actually talked to me without me asking him a few questions, but ofc people resisted and it didnt happen.
Hannah's greatest failure is not recognizing you as a threat at a time when you were easy to vote off and instead resisting a vote on you.

DLE success - I think DLE's biggest success was how he maneuvered from being in a poor position during the initial part of the merge where he was clearly a part of a minority into a very strong end game position where he managed to vote out his biggest rivals (except for me) and have a relatively decent chance of making the final 3. Apparently it was a lot easier than even I thought given what hannah has said about me being gone at 4 100%, but even without that, I would consider dle's ability to reposition himself into a safe spot in the game to be his biggest success.

DLE failure - Not being more cutthroat and voting me out at 5. If his social game was really as great as he says it was, then this shouldn't have been a problem. I think this shows that DLE was too comfortable with his position in the game that he wasn't really considering anyone else being a threat. DLE's trying to set himself up as someone who had a lot of control over the game, but he seemed relatively content to let me hang around which I think is a mistake. Of course, I'd like to give myself some credit in downplaying myself as a threat to dle himself, so I suppose it's not entirely a total failure on his part.

Of course, if you don't buy me being a big threat and think that DLE did fine in the moves he made up to this point, then his biggest failure is his pre-merge position where he was on the outs and needed a lot of luck to get into a commanding position.

Hannah success - Reaching the end without having to rely on Wolv. I feel like a lot of people probably viewed hannah as just an extension of wolv, so I think making it to end showed that Hannah could play her own game without having to rely on him. The way in which she rebounded after wolv was voted out in making it to the end was a pretty big success for her.

Hannah failure - Not doing more to try and vote me or DLE out at the final 5. Again, similar to DLE's failure. It's surprising to me that it wasn't considered for me to be voted out here. If I were Hannah, I think you would rather risk having RAD in the final 3 versus DLE or me. I don't know, the fact voting out DLE wasn't really considered seems like a pretty big mistake to me. It's a play that looks like it's trying to get DLE a win more than anything, but I'd chalk it down to more of a misreading of the game. Had Hannah wanted to try and make a move against DLE, I imagine she's pretty close to guaranteed a victory.
Hannah never needed to rely on me to get to the end, she had a good social presence with everyone while being viewed as a non threat. She was basically locked into a f3 position from merge because of her perception as a non threat while having good relationships with several players.

On the flip side, Hannah was too trusting and didnt make moves she should have to eliminate you or DLE who were poised as the biggest ftc threats. Her good relationships were also her downfall coming into the ftc.

Da Letter El

In the form of a song could each remaining survivor illustrate to me how your time on Circus Survivor IV has felt thus far.

I'd like to reward creativity, accuracy and/or humour here by increasing my stock of FTC voting bias in the responses I find most clever.

Edit: meaning a youtube or spotify link

too many nights cutting my sleep schedule for challenges hoping I get lucky and time that fucking baseball by tigger correctly
fuk hal
but it was fun

does that make me a masochist

all my friends are dead
push me to the edge
all my friends are dead
push me to the edge

and

Some british hip hop just for you to close out, Alore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)