CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 3 (Secondary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No additional typing for reasons already stated by others.

Dark yields only one (Ground) weakness although no really useful resistances, which I think is important - we don't want this thing to be invincible and if it's to have stellar defence stats it still needs to be killable and not some superpowered Shuckle (aka unkillable)
Shuckle's feeble with its 20 Base HP. Night Shade / Seismic Toss = Deadkle.

Electric is my first choice. As mentioned, Ground weakness can be remedied by non-Levitate ways (Such as Magnet Rise. This is an utility Pokemon after all. ) Electric/Poison designs are also very promising
Dragon is my second call. Putting aside its ridiculous amount of resistances (And why doesn't anyone advocating a Levitating Poison/Electric mention Thick Fat on this guy?) design ideas are kind of limited, kind of not. While it will be a poisonous dragon/serpent, we have a lot of those, like basilisk, Vasuki, Jormundgard, Nidhogg, Typhoon, Yamata no Orochi (A drunk Poison/Dragon!), Hydra...

Note, those favoring Steel/Poison, by the way, an alchemical legendary trio was one of my ancient ideas - mercury, salt and sulphur Pokemon. In alchemy, mercury symbolizes the spirit as opposed to salt's body and sulphur's soul, and is one of the major components making up the human body. We can use this to give our Poison/Steel a mystic aspect and allow it utility Psychic moves like Gravity, Trick Room and whatnot, and perhaps it can flavor the Pokedex entries.

I think a poison/ghost type would be good, as it would be immune to rapid spin it's spikes away. My vote is Ghost

1: Dragon - Numerous resistances, unique typing, cool concept art, not much more to be said that hasn't already been said in detail.

2: No Secondary Type

1. Steel for all the reasons prev mentioned, especially some key resists like ghost, dark, dragon and ice.

2. No Secondary Type because I can't decide between Dark, Ground, Rock and Electric.

I've been wanting a poison/steel ever since Utility was decided on as the concept. Got some good art ideas up my sleeve too.

I should say I think you're all wasting your Dragon votes on this - don't give such a good offensive typing to a pokemon that won't make full use of it. Can't argue that Dragon provides some nice resists. Sadly, 4 weaknesses is alot as well.

ground-gives it a rock resist, which is good in a metagame eabundant with SR and as a utility guy, i see it switching a lot.
dragon-because it would be kickass with its resists, and a "defensive"
dragon would be a first and pretty cool.

Poison/Flying would be my first choice, because I think the immunity to Grounds and 4x Resistance to Flying is kinda important. Also, it not gets too strong having weaknesses to Rock, Electric, etc...

Poison/Dark would be my second choice, because like most ppl said, it has just one weakness, making it sturdier, though the neutrality to Fighting could be annoying.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Posts that do not contain two complete votes will not be counted.
Atlas, not to be insulting or anything but that's the kind of reasoning I would expect from a ten year old fanboy from Serebii. The only thing even remotely competitive from your post is that you would like Psychic to make things like Trick Room etc. make sense flavor wise.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm mini modding Sunday I just get mad when I lose a poll to posts like this.

1. Electric because Thunder Wave and the screens are good support moves. We could easily fit Gravity and Trick Room on flavor wise so that's not an issue. Flying is a great type to be resistant to in our CAP server, and resisting one half of Boltbeam (and the half that usually has more BP as most electrics use HP Ice) is good too. Sure it has a 4x EQ weak but that could help balance it. Many good Pokemon have 4x weaks, and this isn't really a wall, it's a utility. Remember, Deoxys-S can be played as utility, and it doesn't have the best defenses/typing either. Electric/Poison would let this Pokemon have useful resists without a terrible STAB. If it wanted to stop a Gyarados sweep, or scare Skarmory away, it could.

I'll decide my secondary later.
I vote for steel.
Poison steel would be an interesting typing. The only thing would be the crippling ground weak but that could be fixed with ability (Cough levitate cough) Resistance to stealth rock and good resitances would make a good pokemon overall.
Dragon: Gives some AMAZING resists Fire/Water/Electric/Fighting... Plus it gives it some workable STAB to use rather than just having the sucky Poison type. This could definately work out! Also, Dragon helps with the Speed flavor that this Pokemon is desired to have eventually.

Do I have to have more than one vote? I really have no desire to have any other typing but the Poison/Dragon. If not, then my Dragon vote stands alone (obviously I want this to be my 2 point vote)
Do you mean mercury sludge? Mercury is liquid at room temperature so lead would work better if you want it to be solid (I usually don't think of sludge as being fast). Mercury sludge seems like a good idea though.

Dark: It would only have one weakness and can be a dark resistant trick room and perish song and an anti-ghost rapid spinner.

Not sure of the second vote. Rock, steel, and electric all seem good. Ground could also use gravity and then stab EQ, if we want it to do that.
No secondary type

As i said before, we simply don't have enough decent pure-Poison types out there (aside from Weezing, there isn't much to work with).
My second vote is Steel: It's already been said.
Electric - agreeing, it's a great utility type, and a not too scary, but not too game breaking STAB. and it'd definitely spawn creativity!!

i'm reserving my second vote for later. i'll edit into here if i remember. i'm going back and forth between rock and ground, which are both ideas that have potential. i particularly like the idea of ss immunity and possible sdef boost, but i'm not crazy about steel poison (and if electric poison is hard concept wise, what is steel poison going to be? a drug addict's needle?)

so. we'll see.
My first vote will be Dragon. A defensive Dragon has always interested me, especially do to all the resistances the type provides. However, it wouldn't be to broken due to the weaknesses it does have.

I'll choose my next vote later. Will I have to edit my post or just quote this and say my second suggestion?
Fighting - everything ground has but better. Also toxicroak would be a good poke if it had better stats and you could use that as a guideline.

If you are looking at an ability I suggest making one that increases the length of trick room/gravity (heat rock but ability form)
I think a poison/ghost type would be good, as it would be immune to rapid spin it's spikes away. My vote is Ghost
While I'm at it votes that are not BOLDED will not be counted.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Poison/Dragon - Any reason I had has been stated already. It has useful resistances, a workable STAB, the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes, and it seems like such an interesting idea. Plus, having a Utility-focused OU Dragon would be pretty cool.

Poison/Electric - I would've voted for Steel, but I feel having the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes trumps having a buttload of resistances in this case.

Rock sounded pretty interesting as well, but these two were at the top of my list, so I had to go with them.

Quick question. Would a Poison/Steel be able to absorb the Toxic Spikes or would Steel's immunity to Poison prevent it? It could sway my vote.

Electric
Magnet Rise make it so no more weaknesses are added and in fact adds an immunity. Electric also has quite a few useful utility moves.

Ghost
I just like the idea of a Poison/Ghost! The Dark and Ghost weaknesses are unfortunate, but there are the Normal and Fighting immunities!

1.) Dark - Only one weakness (Ground), one immunity (Psychic), four resistances. That is seriously awesome sauce, plus, it compliments Rev very nicely.

2.) Steel - Steel gives it a lot of resistances, one immunity, can absorb Toxic Spikes, etc, etc. Still, this goes to second place due to the x4 Ground weak, and Fire weak, offensive types that are in most competitive teams.

1) Dark for the lack of weaknesses. I don't care about the fact that it removes one of the reasons for voting poison in the first place because I didnt vote poison.

2) No secondary typing. Lack of weaknesses again, plus the arts got more plausability IMO

Steel
The selling point to me is the flying and rock resists. I specifically do not like electric because the only viable attack type against it will be ground, and I would rather there were more ways to kill it.
Ground
rock resist without flying weak

1. No secondary typing

2. Electric

I'm sure you can guess my reasons. After looking it over I decided that electric wouldn't be a bad secondary type, the extra ground weakness doesn't count for much. I don't like any typings that have an ice weakness since it might provoke more dragon killers out of the woodwork (Syclant, erk) but the rock, ground and dark typings all have their interesting merits.

Oh, and to all the people voting for dragon because it's going to have "cool" concept art is making me sad (the same goes for any vote that's based on concept art). After several years of doing art requests doing dragons has gotten very boring. I get it, they're cool now can you let artists do something a bit more interesting? That's how I feel anyway.

Oh, and to all the people voting for dragon because it's going to have "cool" concept art is making me sad (the same goes for any vote that's based on concept art). After several years of doing art requests doing dragons has gotten very boring. I get it, they're cool now can you let artists do something a bit more interesting? That's how I feel anyway.
Quoted for truth. I've hated drawing dragons for a while, too; giant wings and spiky tails can only hold your interest for so long. :/

Electric
Could lead to some interesting artwork, as well as fitting with the flavour of utility.

No Secondary Type
It would be quite cool to have a mono-type CaP for the first time, particularly as mono-Poisons are rare in OU play.

1 - Dragon - This was one of my primary votes. Poison/Dragon would be awesome.

2 - Steel - Besides the 4x ground week, It'll still be good. Heatran and Magnezone are 4x weak and they are awesome! :D And something more to resist rock/ice/flying. I'm sick of Bronzong.

I'm going to vote for Steel because it has a shit load of resistances and 4x resistance to 2 types which is awesome. 2 weakness's is really not bad, 4x weak to ground is ok because ground attacks are very predictable, same goes for fire.

reading this up, poison/dragon would be easily beaten so i will sway away from that and take
poison/flying it has 3 x4 resistances AND immunity to ground, while keeping ice and weakness to stealth rocks to balance it out, it will make for an interesting battle.
poison/bug bug weak pokemon are more common then people think, and poison being a psychic weakness the coverage it will get from this will be good to have

I personally vote for Steel because it will give it awesome resistances and all it would need to do is watch out for eq+earth power

Otherwise, Water for similar reasons

I've made up my mind.

Poison/Dragon is my first choice. I chose it because it brings resistances that are helpful, and doesn't give it too many weaknesses that are bad. It also easily allows us to get a good movepool due to the mystic aura surrounding Dragons as people have pointed out. I'm a sucker for Fire/Water/Elec resists, but I wanted them all with the Fighting resist still in tact.

Poison/Steel gets my second vote. The resistances are better than Poison/Electric, if only just for the combination of Rock+Ice+Flying resist. EDIT- And I forgot that the resistances make the 4x Ground weakness workable. And it's SR resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)