CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 3 (Secondary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon, which was what i wanted before, a Dragon/Poison would be cool.

Ground, simply because of the crazy resistances.

Flying

Earthquake is just so common that it ruins a number of poison types that would otherwise handle physical attacks just fine. I also don't want to see any repeats of Poison/Grass, Poison/Bug to obtain a EQ neutrality. We also have tons of Pokes that pack Levitate (including on the best Poison types in the game, Weezing), so I think packing a Flying secondary type helps reach this goal in a unique way. I can't think of any Poison/Flying off the top of my head.

Dark

Psychic immunity with a Poison type isn't as sexy as a ground one, but its fairly interesting as well. Plus, Poison/Dark sounds pretty bad ass.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can't keep sitting on the fence. I have to vote sometime, so here goes....

1. Poison/Electric - I really didn't think I would go for this typing, but it seems to be the best of all the alternatives presented. I'm also starting the get excited about a radiation pokemon that fits the typing quite well, IMO.

2. Poison/Rock - This is pretty much a throwaway vote at this point, since it doesn't appear to have nearly enough support to make it to the next poll. It has some interesting upsides, and I really wish I could use a Rock pokemon not named Tyranitar.

First option: Electric: Options such as Thunderwave, Magnet Rise, and the Screens would make this work more. btw

Second Option: No Secondary Type: Really, with just posion it could get anything. Look at all the crazy options Weezing, Swalot, and Muk get @.@; though the latter two aren't that great compared to Weezing.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sunday, I am posting again to inform you that I have once again changed my vote. Dragon is now number 1, and Flying is now #2.

I thought that I could get over the 4* weakness to Ground by having Steel's awesome resists...but I can't.

If you guys look in the concept submission, Gravity was specially emphasized, meaning you can pretty much assume this thing is going to get Gravity, at least if we decide to adhere to the concept (which I sincerely hope we do).

Should this happen, man, we can't make a Pokemon 4* weak to Ground! 2* weak is bad enough...but 4*?!! Comon guys.

Poison / Dragon provides Fighting, Electric, Fire, Bug, Water, and Grass resists, all provided only by Giratina. The typing itself gives an interesting potential check against Revenankh, Pyroak, Heracross, Infernape and Celebi, something not many Pokemon can boast.

Make your decision for this topic with the fact that this thing is getting Gravity in mind!

Vote Dragon!

Dragon
No secondary typing

I definitely don't want a Pokemon 4x weak to Ground, that alone definitely limits it an awful lot. This eliminates a lot of good types, and is part of why I think Poison was not a good idea. But the deed is done, so I may as well go with Dragon for its good resistances and aforementioned mystic aura to give it the movepool potential.

1. Poison/Dragon

Dragons are awesome

2. Poison/Electric

I don't like the 4x ground weakness too much, but as someone said before, the radiation pokemon would be cool.

Dark for one, 'cause if it gets Levitate, you get no weaknesses, unless you get a Mold Breaker w/ EQ

Then I'll probably go for Steel, 'cause Fire's its only weakness as you can bypass x4 weak Ground with Levitate, but Dark's the main priority

Rock-sandstorm bonus and a type that doesn't exist. Neutralizes each other's weaknesses as well.

Ground-being immune to T-Wave as well as Toxic makes it a nice status absorber.

Aww

Darns it, verification didn't show up until this morning. X_X

First, I'd say Dark. It doesn't have many resistances, but it only has one weakness, and it's not 4x. *Bow* And on that note, until I see the concept pictures, I assume Levitate is still a possibility. That's make this set up weakness-free, and two immunities to boot.

Anyway, second I'd say Dragon. I would've said Steel but I suppose ground is a really big thing without Levitate.

EDIT: Huh, I don't see where Gravity was EMPHASIZED, but I suppose it makes sense. Okay, revised. (I still think Levitate w/ Steel would've been just awesome though.)

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I edited my post on page one, but just to make sure it is noticed, I changed my second vote from Steel to Dragon. The x2 weakness to an extremely common type (ice) and resistance against fighting attacks seemed like a better option than a x4 weakness to ground.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aldaron and Magmortified said:
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.
That is the concept submission. I emphasized Tailwind, Gravity, Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore.

I've had this post typed up for a while because this a very difficult decision

IMO dark, electric, dragon, and ground all have their advantages.

Its so hard to choose (which is why I waited so long) ... but after some of the arguments so far I am going to go with...

Dragon because it just seems good -- it allows for a non offensive dragon (that was wanted), it has some unique resists, and allows for some moves to still make sense (mythical powers make anything happen :D) and...

Electric -- also has some nice resists (including flying) and could be nice to have a fresh perspective of this type.

I mostly picked those two (over my other possibilities) because they are combos that haven't been done.

1- electric
2 - dragon

168 posts in and any reasoning I post would just be repeating what other people said

also I'm lazy

Primary vote: Dragon
Secondary vote: Dark

Poison/Dragon accomplishes the role of having a great set of resistances (it can wall standard Heracross and HP Ice-less mixape with ease and has plenty of other chances to come in), but it's also very beatable - Ground, Dragon, and Ice are all pretty common attack types, and Steel Pokemon with Ground type attacks certainly aren't rare, so it'll most likely have solid counters right there. I'd rather avoid the "Super-bulky Pokemon with a few useful resistances but very few weaknesses" thing that we did with Pyroak, since that ended up heavily limiting its movepool in the end (especially since we've already decided we want a big movepool on this thing!). The art has potential to be really cool-looking as well.

Poison/Dark would make a great Gengar counter (and could probably run a rest-talk set with ease), and the types fit together well.

I can't think of any Poison/Flying off the top of my head.
Oh dear, it seems you haven't played Pokemon in a while...
I really hope it turns out to be Electric or Dragon. >_<
Those would be the coolest and most unique typing.
I still extremely dislike the idea of a Steel Type because I think it's a bit of a predictable defensive type that I'm getting sick of seeing in OU. Bronzong, Forretress, Skarmory, Lucario, Heatran, Magnezone, Scizor, Empoleon, it just seems like too much.

Steel

I'd enjoy taking advantage of its many resistances, especially against Grass(4x), Bug(4x), Ghost, and Dragon. Also, having a 4x weakness to Ground will hopefully balance out the Poke with its positive factors.

Dragon

I was going to vote 'No secondary typing' but why should I ruin the opportunity to just vote for one of my favorite types? :P

Aldaron

geriatric
Posting as a reminder. Be sure to bold your votes, and be sure to have two votes, otherwise the your vote will not be counted.

If you have not done so, go back and edit your original post with two bolded votes.

Does anyone know if there's a time limit on this poll?

Also, I editted my second vote from steel to dragon in my old post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)