Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Could somebody please answer my question on regards to the FR/LG SRAM? My question was:

If I get Leaf Green in used condition from Gamestop or a similar retailer, will I have to worry about the SRAM or battery going/having gone dry?

You know this from experience? Because on other forums, people are saying that wild Pikachu won't be holding the Light Ball in FR/LG at all. Serebii.net says no, Bulbapedia says yes, I'm just looking for concrete, conclusive evidence.

BTW, in FR, I only got one badge, so for now Viridian Forest is my only option. I'm leveling up my Magikarp there anyway, and I taught my Pidgey Thief.
No, I've just read a bunch of guides and pages that said the same thing. I got a Light Ball Pikachu in Emerald out of sheer luck though. I'll try what I said myself to make sure.

Could somebody please answer my question on regards to the FR/LG SRAM? My question was:

If I get Leaf Green in used condition from Gamestop or a similar retailer, will I have to worry about the SRAM or battery going/having gone dry?
No. Only (legit) Second Generation Games and older have that problem. if you, however, get an illegal copy, it might state that the battery has gone dry. And it's mostly for Emerald anyways, due to the timer. If it states it for LG, you should have no problems, unless it stops saving (shouldn't), and in that case, you definitely got an illegal copy.

Is it possible to hack the in-game sprites of Pokémons in HG/SS?
Ask in the SQSA in Stark, this is for 3rd gen only. Sorry.

1. If you have Safeguard active, and bring in a Pokemon holding Berserk Gene, what happens?

2. Is the "rollover glitch" (raise a stat above 999 and it rolls over to a ridiculously low number, i.e. Marowak with Thick Club using Swords Dance with max Attack DV) present in Stadium 2?

EV training in emerald
if i give my pokemon 10 protein(EV training for attack)s that gives 100 evs to attack and then when i give him macho brace so how many pochenna(gives 1 attack EV) i have to beat to get 255 in attack

ev training is hard in emerald and easy in D/P/PT

EV training in emerald
if i give my pokemon 10 protein(EV training for attack)s that gives 100 evs to attack and then when i give him macho brace so how many pochenna(gives 1 attack EV) i have to beat to get 255 in attack
Can you please use correct punctuation, if nothing else?

If you have 100 EVs in Att, with Macho Brace you need to beat 78 Poochyena to get 255 Att (it won't exceed 255).

And it's easier to train inside the first floors of Mt. Pyre where theres always Shuppet (1 Att), or fish with the Super Rod near the Weather Institute for Carvanha (1 Att) which always shows up unless you fish in a Feebass tile.

so im trying to RNG a shiny timid cydaquil in emerald. i got the pokedex complete and all. My shiny timid frame is 38310 and ive hit this frame before twice. once on my rayquaza and once for latios. I've done the steps to calibrate my stopwatch and game for soft resets. The guide here on the site says spread selected on the press of yes to select pokemon. but the RNG is being inconsistent with its frames. does anyone know why this is for the joto starters? For example i hit yes 10 mins and 27.5 secods into the game and get frame 38280 missing the frame by like 30 frames. 30/60 is .5 so i need to add .5 seconds. but when i adjust something odd happens. 10 mins and 28 secs into the game i press yes but somehow get frame 38238 or something before. that doesn't make sense to me as to why the RNG is being inconsistent. is there any explanation for this?

Hope this counts as a simple question.

"In-game, if a wild Pokémon uses Transform and is subsequently caught, it will become a Ditto, regardless of what species it originally was. It will then have all the stats and moves of a Ditto, except for its current HP, which will remain unaltered by this change."

This quote is taken from Bulbapedia, from the generation 1 section of the Transform move, I wonder, does this apply to the second generation aswell?

The metagame that time forgot: what happened to 200 play? No one even talks about it anymore. huh?

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
Hope this counts as a simple question.

"In-game, if a wild Pokémon uses Transform and is subsequently caught, it will become a Ditto, regardless of what species it originally was. It will then have all the stats and moves of a Ditto, except for its current HP, which will remain unaltered by this change."

This quote is taken from Bulbapedia, from the generation 1 section of the Transform move, I wonder, does this apply to the second generation aswell?
Here is a complete view on Transform:
User's stats (except HP), stat stages, DVs, moves, species, and types become those of the opponent. Moves copied have 5 PP. Species copied is not used in held-item bonuses based on species , or for gender calculation. Does not copy status problems, base EXP, rareness, or happiness. Moves are no longer disabled for user. Effect ends when user is replaced . Fails if opponent is using Dig or Fly. During effect, user may use this attack, and this attack fails against user.

In Gold/Silver there are several bugs related to DVs and gender calculation. If Transform is used by the player's opponent, it calculates gender using the DVs of user before the transformation, but if used by the player, gender is not recalculated. When the player's opponent replaces a Pokemon under the effect of Transform, the new Pokemon receives the DVs of the old Pokemon and a recalculated gender, both of which are reverted to their original values when the new Pokemon is replaced.

If a wild Pokemon has the effect of Transform and it is caught, its species becomes Ditto, regardless of its original species. After it is caught, its stats and moves become those of a wild Ditto at the same level, except current HP.

In internal battles, the player's Pokemon gain Exp. Points based on the original species of the enemy Pokemon under Transform.

Source: upokecenter.com

A battle in R/B/Y can last anything from 6 turns (in a 6 on 6 battle), to 10 minutes, depending on how skilled the players are, as well as other factors, including luck.

Before anyone comments about my use of the word "luck" - a critical hit (determined in-game by various factors, including a randomised figure) can make or break a game.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow thanks for the help, but now I have just one more question, you said Pokémon in RBY have something like IVs that go from 0-15 right? I was under the impression that any Pokémon could be perfect if given enough DVs(?). If that's not the case, how do you tell how good or bad that 0-15 is before training? I really need the answer to this because I can't find it anywhere else
Wanted to add to this. Go here: http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php
Its formatted for GSC so for special defense or attack you'll have to use the stat that matches Special for use with RBY. The dv's for spa/spdef have to match so just play around with the numbers until you get a dv that matches. I was able to reset for Bulbasaur and check its DVs and got 15 HP and Spc (exact dv's even at level 5) after a few resets. This calculator only works with maxed out or 0 stat exp so you'll have to check its dv's when you catch/receive the pokemon. Or, as mentioned above, rare candy all the way to 100.

Why does Machamp suck?
Because of this (from the RBY Machamp analysis page):
The lack of a better STAB move than Submission hurts him, as well as its typing in a Psychic-dominated metagame, but it can do great damage in the late game with some prediction.
And this:
Psychics like Alakazam, Starmie, Slowbro, and Exeggutor all switch into Machamp easily (Alakazam doesn't enjoy a Hyper Beam, however) and annihilate itm with Psychic, Surf, or Blizzard. Zapdos's super effective Drill Peck hurts Machamp a lot, as do the STAB attacks of Moltres and Articuno. The latter two must beware of Rock Slide, though. Venusaur is also a competent counter as it can take a hit, Sleep Machamp, and then start firing away with STAB Razor Leaf.
no movepool
It's RBY. A lot of them, if not all, had at least 1 of the same move on each of its movesets. So in Machamps case, his movepool wasn't the problem; its problem is quoted above. The main reason why it 'sucked' was that even though Submission gets STAB, and off his awesome 130 base Attack stat, the recoil hurts him in the end. Also that Zapdos with STAB Drill Peck makes Machamp want to run, even if he's packing Rock Slide. Not to mention the Psychic-type filled metagame.

Though, he is a great late-game sweeper, which I have used on my team and is true that with a little paralysis support, he can clean up very well (then again, so can many other Pokemon). In UU, he's decent and doesn't fear as much in OU.

~ Aether Nexus

Machamp in the original games did have potential, but as it's already been said, there was far too much that could do serious damage to it (including it's own STAB move). As such, it quickly got relegated to the sidelines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)