Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

GSC Weekly Calendar

Does anyone have a list of all the day-dependent things (such as Lapras, Bug-contest, etc.)?

From Donald's Crystal FAQ on GameFAQs:

6.10- Weekly Calendar of Events

This handy guide, sorted by day, tells what you can do every day of the
week in Crystal.

Sunday:
-Goldenrod Salon is open, younger brother is cutting today
-Goldenrod Pharmacy open for business
-Pokemon March available on your Pokegear Radio (attracts Wild Pokemon)
-Sunny is on Route 37 with a Magnet
-S.S. Aqua is running from Vermillion to Olivine
-Lady with TMs for Return or Frustration on 5th floor of Goldenrod Dept.
Store

Monday:
-Goldenrod Salon is closed today
-Goldenrod Trinket shop open this morning
-Clefairy are dancing in Mt. Moon. After the dance, use Rock Smash on
the rock for a Moon Stone
-Pokemon Lullaby available on your Pokegear Radio (repels Pokemon)
-Monica is on Route 40 with a Sharp Beak
-S.S. Aqua is running from Olivine to Vermillion
-Rival is at Indigo Plateau (fight ensues, his Pokemon are between L45 and
L50)

Tuesday:
-Bug-Catching Contest runs today
-Goldenrod Salon is open, older brother is cutting today
-Tuscany is on Route 29 with a Pink Bow
-Rival is in Dragon's Den (no fight)

Wednesday:
-Wesley is at Lake of Rage with a Blackbelt
-S.S. Aqua is running from Vermillion to Olivine
-Rival is at Indigo Plateau (fight ensues, his Pokemon are between L45 and
L50)
-Move Tutor is in Goldenrod City

Thursday:
-Arthur is on Route 36 with a Hard Rock
-Rival is in Dragon's Den (no fight)

Friday:
-Lapras in Union Cave
-New number drawn for Lucky Number show
-Frieda is on Route 32 with a Poison Barb
-S.S. Aqua is running from Olivine to Vermillion

Saturday:
-Santos is in Blackthorne City with a Spell Tag
-Goldenrod Pharmacy open for business
-Move Tutor is in Goldenrod City

Just subtract the Move Tutor on Wed. and Sat. and you have the Schedule for Gold/Silver.

I am looking to create a RBY team and I'm doubting about Chansey. He is physical so terrible ... I'm wondering if I use Defense Curl on it, what the effect would be ?

So the idea of it would be:
- Switch Chansey in on a paralyzed/sleeping special attacker
- Do a Defense Curl or 2
- Softboiled the taken damage
- Sweep

Since Smogon only mentions Reflect, I was wondered if Defense Curl would do a better job.

Redirected this post from Stark Mountain thread:

In the Pokémon Stadium Stadium, are just the Species, Sleep, Freeze, and Selfdestruct/Explosion clauses active? And is Mewtwo banned?

Also, are the Smogon RBY sets effective for use in Pokémon Stadium?

Finally, what determines the stat totals given on the Smogon RBY sets? I'm looking at an Alakazam with no EVs and a Quirky* nature, and it has much lower stats than the one on the RBY analysis, although it has no mention of EVs, what am I missing?

I am looking to create a RBY team and I'm doubting about Chansey. He is physical so terrible ... I'm wondering if I use Defense Curl on it, what the effect would be ?

So the idea of it would be:
- Switch Chansey in on a paralyzed/sleeping special attacker
- Do a Defense Curl or 2
- Softboiled the taken damage
- Sweep

Since Smogon only mentions Reflect, I was wondered if Defense Curl would do a better job.
Reflect is mentioned more instead of Defense Curl because Reflect in RBY stays up the entire time until you switch out. Also, Reflect in RBY doesn't raise your Defense, it halves Physical damage done to your Pokemon using Reflect.

Plus, Chansey shouldn't be a sweeper. I see your idea of how it would be one, but that sleeping Pokemon you switch into isn't going to stay in battle very long. I'm not really in the mood to do damage calculations right now if your Chansey did manage to get in 2 Defense Curls and something like Tauros switches in and starts attacking you with Body Slam. This is why Net Battle is around, to test "what if" sets like these out and see what happens. Best you try it out and you see how it goes.
Redirected this post from Stark Mountain thread:

In the Pokémon Stadium Stadium, are just the Species, Sleep, Freeze, and Selfdestruct/Explosion clauses active? And is Mewtwo banned?

Also, are the Smogon RBY sets effective for use in Pokémon Stadium?

Finally, what determines the stat totals given on the Smogon RBY sets? I'm looking at an Alakazam with no EVs and a Quirky* nature, and it has much lower stats than the one on the RBY analysis, although it has no mention of EVs, what am I missing?
Well, I'm pretty sure that all the Pokemon Stadium challenges have the regular clauses activated. As for Mewtwo being banned in those Stadium cup challenges, then it's a yes and no thing. He's not banned in the Pika Cup, Petit Cup, or Poke Cup because all those cup challenges require Pokemon 55 and under, and Mewtwo is caught at level 70 in-game (not sure if the game will allow it if you got a GameSharked level 55 and under one, so not sure).

As for which cup he is allowed in would be the Prime Cup because all Pokemon in that cup challenge are level 100 and there are no restrictions, so you can have Mewtwo (and I'm sure Mew) on your team.

As for your second question: most RBY Smogon sets listed on the site are effective on Pokemon Stadium. Though, you will have to make slight changes on some Pokemon and their moves because they work better or worse on Stadium. For example: Hyper Beam is not used much in Pokemon Stadium due to the recharge glitch being fixed (if you KO'd a Pokemon in RBY with Hyper Beam, your Pokemon would not need to recharge after -- this was fixed in Pokemon Stadium). Double-Edge is used more in RBY as a somewhat replacement to Hyper Beam. If that Pokemon gets Body Slam, and/or STAB with it, like Tauros, then you can always not use Double-Edge and put something else in that moveslot.

The other example would be using Focus Energy in Pokemon Stadium because in Pokemon Stadium it actually raises your Critical Hit rate by 1/4 instead of lowering it by that amount like in RBY due to a glitch. So Pokemon like Jolteon with Focus Energy are more commonly seen in Pokemon Stadium due to that being fixed. But other than that, then all the other Pokemon and their given movesets should work fine on Pokemon Stadium.

Lastly, this is a question seen quite a bit for players new to RBY. In RBY, there are no EV's, IV's or Natures -- there are only DV's and Stat Exp. Basically, DV's are like IV's, but instead of going up to the 31, it goes up to 15. Stat Exp are like EV's except a bit more complex. I'm not going to explain Stat Exp, because I'm sure there's an article on-site that you can read about them or after browsing around in this section you'll come across threads by other users who asked how to level their Pokemon up and people explain how to do it through Stat Exp, etc, etc.

Now, as for why your Quirky Alakazam has different or lower stats than the one you looked at on the RBY analysis page, then that's easily explained. In RBY, you can max out your Pokemon's stats to their maximum by using the 'Box Trick' or other methods I believe. You level your Pokemon up, give it some Stat Exp, then toss it into your PC, then withdraw it again and its stats will be changed, though I think that occurs if it's at level 100, but I know it works for Pokemon with lower levels than that. But the point is, that's how it goes in RBY and unlike in other generations later where you have a cap of 508/10 EV's to give to your Pokemon, that doesn't occur in RBY as explained above.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. Also, before you ask those questions, make sure they aren't already answered.

~ Aether Nexus

i reset my emerald, is this a good team i thought up of?

Sceptile
Swellow
Gardevoir
Shedinja
Linoone
<ned on more>

but is that a good creative team? :)

I searched IV man and found nothing.

Can someone tell me what he says and what it means? It should include both parts of his phrase. As in, he first says what level your ivs are totaled, then he tells you which one is best. I want to know all the possible responses for both.

i reset my emerald, is this a good team i thought up of?

Sceptile
Swellow
Gardevoir
Shedinja
Linoone
<ned on more>

but is that a good creative team? :)
Are you using Linoone for Pick-up or Baton Pass or what? It sucks. Shedinja... I never use it. Use at your own risk, it dies easy. Maybe Aggron for the last slot?

Replacement choices:
Linoone- Exploud/Slaking
Shedinja- Banette/Ninjask/Breloom

I searched IV man and found nothing.

Can someone tell me what he says and what it means? It should include both parts of his phrase. As in, he first says what level your ivs are totaled, then he tells you which one is best. I want to know all the possible responses for both.
http://www.upokecenter.com/games/emerald/guides/battlefrontier.php

What are the best places for EV training in the wild? And what are the low level/3 EV pokemon that can be used for secret base EV-training? I remember for Sp.Atk it was Beautifly(LVL 10), for Sp.Df it was Dustox(LVL 10), HP Wigglytuff( iirc LVL5), Attack Shiftry(forgot what level). But I can't remember the ones for Defense and Speed, or if Attack was Shiftry.

What are the best places for EV training in the wild? And what are the low level/3 EV pokemon that can be used for secret base EV-training? I remember for Sp.Atk it was Beautifly(LVL 10), for Sp.Df it was Dustox(LVL 10), HP Wigglytuff( iirc LVL5), Attack Shiftry(forgot what level). But I can't remember the ones for Defense and Speed, or if Attack was Shiftry.
RSE:
http://pkmn.net/?action=content&page=viewpage&id=5515

FR/LG:
http://pkmn.net/?action=content&page=viewpage&id=0324

I've followed those guides with pleasing results.

Reflect is mentioned more instead of Defense Curl because Reflect in RBY stays up the entire time until you switch out. Also, Reflect in RBY doesn't raise your Defense, it halves Physical damage done to your Pokemon using Reflect.

Plus, Chansey shouldn't be a sweeper. I see your idea of how it would be one, but that sleeping Pokemon you switch into isn't going to stay in battle very long. I'm not really in the mood to do damage calculations right now if your Chansey did manage to get in 2 Defense Curls and something like Tauros switches in and starts attacking you with Body Slam. This is why Net Battle is around, to test "what if" sets like these out and see what happens. Best you try it out and you see how it goes.
~ Aether Nexus
I can't save teams in Netbattle which is quite annoying, so I thought asking would be easier then testing ;) But I guess you're right.

I swear I heard this myth/possible fact that if the rocket launch center on that island place says that "launch no. 99 is ready to launch" or something like that, that a jirachi or a deoxys would appear. Any validity to this claim?

I swear I heard this myth/possible fact that if the rocket launch center on that island place says that "launch no. 99 is ready to launch" or something like that, that a jirachi or a deoxys would appear. Any validity to this claim?

Its all over youtube that thas fake.

In trick room, when 2 pokemon use Priority moves (Scizor with Bullet Punch and Arcanine with ExtreemeSpeed for example), does the slower or faster pokemon go first?

so i am trying to use the rng guides to catch a shiny rayquaza in my emerald game. but i need to know the delay of rayquaza's animation from the moment i press a so i can achieve the correct frame. does anyone know how much i should adjust my resets so i can get into my frame?

Through breeding, level 5 pokemon can be born with their parent's level-up moves. Check Serebii's guide on breeding for more information.

so i am trying to use the rng guides to catch a shiny rayquaza in my emerald game. but i need to know the delay of rayquaza's animation from the moment i press a so i can achieve the correct frame. does anyone know how much i should adjust my resets so i can get into my frame?
I think it was 77 when I did it.

Through breeding, level 5 pokemon can be born with their parent's level-up moves. Check Serebii's guide on breeding for more information.
Is this an answer to my Metagross question? Beldum doesn't learn any egg moves, or any moves at all besides Take Down last time I checked. Thanks for trying though.

I think it was 77 when I did it.
so it is 77 frames? thats a little over one second isn't it? when i timed rayquaza's animation on the overworld sprite i got about 6.6 to 7.6 seconds because in emerald rayquaza has a pretty long animation where the rng keeps running.

I'm pretty sure it was 77, even though the animation was longer than that. I can't remember exactly though, I lost my calibration notes. But I think I was trying to hit frame 7551 and kept hitting 7628, so that's 77 frames in between. Try it and see if you can hit your frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)