Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

I'm pretty sure it was 77, even though the animation was longer than that. I can't remember exactly though, I lost my calibration notes. But I think I was trying to hit frame 7551 and kept hitting 7628, so that's 77 frames in between. Try it and see if you can hit your frame.
ok thanks a lot then. i'll give it a shot

snipsnipsnip
~ Aether Nexus
Wow thanks for the help, but now I have just one more question, you said Pokémon in RBY have something like IVs that go from 0-15 right? I was under the impression that any Pokémon could be perfect if given enough DVs(?). If that's not the case, how do you tell how good or bad that 0-15 is before training? I really need the answer to this because I can't find it anywhere else

Wow thanks for the help, but now I have just one more question, you said Pokémon in RBY have something like IVs that go from 0-15 right? I was under the impression that any Pokémon could be perfect if given enough DVs(?). If that's not the case, how do you tell how good or bad that 0-15 is before training? I really need the answer to this because I can't find it anywhere else
I'm not sure how you determine what your Pokemon's DV's are other than duplicating a bunch of Rare Candies, saving your game, then leveling up that Pokemon to level 100 and seeing its stats. I also wonder if the Box Trick works on a Pokemons stats to max it out with less than 15 DV's in that stat.

If you're still confused about a bunch of RBY stuff, then check out this site for all your future questions. That was the site I was referred to by a lot of people when I had a bunch of RBY questions in the beginning as well. The only thing about me when learning about all that stuff is that I was playing RBY on Net Battle, rather competitively cartridge to cartridge.

~ Aether Nexus

I'm pretty sure it was 77, even though the animation was longer than that. I can't remember exactly though, I lost my calibration notes. But I think I was trying to hit frame 7551 and kept hitting 7628, so that's 77 frames in between. Try it and see if you can hit your frame.
THANKS A LOT MAN!! i almost hit my frame. i was only off by 10 frames for my shiny timid rayquaza but im almost there. haha

A) Hacking.
B) Find a random shiny, you can determine your SID through that. Only rand shinys work, however, and you have to catch them.

And only thing you need SID for is if you want shinys.

I've begun a play-through of Pokemon Yellow and I was wondering, what would be the easiest and fastest way to defeat Brock in Pewter City?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've begun a play-through of Pokemon Yellow and I was wondering, what would be the easiest and fastest way to defeat Brock in Pewter City?
Catch a Caterpie, train it up to a Butterfree, spam Confusion all over the Gym since all the Pokes there have low special defence.

In Pokemon Yellow, you can get a Mankey in the grass field to the west of Viridian City. At level 9 it learns Low Kick which is super effective against brock's rock types.

I'm planning on getting Pokemon Leafgreen from Gamestop or a similar retailer; obviously meaning that the game will be in used condition. I was wondering, will I have to worry about the SRAM or battery going/having gone dry?

Can Pikachu in FR/LG be found holding the Light Ball? I get conflicting answers on this everywhere I go, and I'd appreciate it if I could get an answer backed up by evidence, rather than people who say it can't be done because they've never gotten one.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can Pikachu in FR/LG be found holding the Light Ball? I get conflicting answers on this everywhere I go, and I'd appreciate it if I could get an answer backed up by evidence, rather than people who say it can't be done because they've never gotten one.
Almost all guides I've seen say yes, so I'm going to say yes. I don't have any actual real life experience with this however...

Yes, but it's very rare. Your best bet is to Thief/Trick a load of Pikachu in the Power Plant (I find them more prevalent there instead of Viridian Forest). The real annoying thing is that most of the time they'll be holding (if anything) an Oran Berry.

Yes, but it's very rare. Your best bet is to Thief/Trick a load of Pikachu in the Power Plant (I find them more prevalent there instead of Viridian Forest). The real annoying thing is that most of the time they'll be holding (if anything) an Oran Berry.
You know this from experience? Because on other forums, people are saying that wild Pikachu won't be holding the Light Ball in FR/LG at all. Serebii.net says no, Bulbapedia says yes, I'm just looking for concrete, conclusive evidence.

BTW, in FR, I only got one badge, so for now Viridian Forest is my only option. I'm leveling up my Magikarp there anyway, and I taught my Pidgey Thief.

why does my gardevior did not become a sketch model after it won on master rank in smartness? even if i maxed its smartness, but my 4 other pokemon become a model after they won a master rank with max condition?

if i did not save my game for today, could i SR the old man until it says he can see MIRAGE ISLAND?

What are the best places for EV training in the wild? And what are the low level/3 EV pokemon that can be used for secret base EV-training? I remember for Sp.Atk it was Beautifly(LVL 10), for Sp.Df it was Dustox(LVL 10), HP Wigglytuff( iirc LVL5), Attack Shiftry(forgot what level). But I can't remember the ones for Defense and Speed, or if Attack was Shiftry.
try this one, regice (3 spDef ev) and delete all of its move except explosion, go hunt a lot of ditto, your first pokemon in your party must be the the one you want to train, and then switch to regice to make the diito transform into regice, then switch to your toughest or ghost pokemon to absorb the explosion, the battle ends and you got 6 ev using a macho brace, this is what i am doing when it comes to ev training,
regirock for 3 Def ev, electrode for 3 spd ev, for atk spatk and hp choose a pokemon that gives 3 ev then delete all its harmful moves and you will be fine. oh! sorry for my bad English. i hope you understand me.

why does my gardevior did not become a sketch model after it won on master rank in smartness? even if i maxed its smartness, but my 4 other pokemon become a model after they won a master rank with max condition?

if i did not save my game for today, could i SR the old man until it says he can see MIRAGE ISLAND?

i think your last appeal had to be atleast 5 hearts to get the sketch model thingy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)