Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pain split on forretress is legal , then i wonder why it is barely used ?
I mean , i never liked forretress because of the lack of healing possibility's , but it has pain split wich aint so bad at all , right ?
it's decent, but forry already needs it's 4 slots... rapid spin and volt switch are p standard, and then usually either an attack + hazards, or 2 hazards. pain split doesn't guarentee recovery either, and is probably better off volt switching out, rapid spinning or laying another layer on that turn. just mho!

Which Scizor's attacks would be more powerful in general; choice band or life orb with one swords dance?
Choice Band multiplies the damage you're dealing by 1.5.

One Swords Dance multiplies the damage you're dealing by 2.0.

Life Orb multiplies the damage you're dealing by 1.3.

Therefore:

Damage dealt by +2 [Random Item] Scizor > Damage dealt by Choice Band Scizor

Damage dealt by +0 Life Orb Scizor < Damage dealt by Choice Band Scizor

Damage dealt by +2 Life Orb Scizor > Damage dealt by Choice Band Scizor

If pain split on forretress is legal , then i wonder why it is barely used ?
I mean , i never liked forretress because of the lack of healing possibility's , but it has pain split wich aint so bad at all , right ?
Moveslot syndrome. Between the three spike variants, rapid spin and some kind of offense, there isn´t much space.

I thank all who answered my last question btw. I got another one yet again, regarding this quote from GameFAQs:

Pure/Huge Power is reduced from x2 to x1.5 if you skill swap it.
Is that really true? I kinda doubt it, but making sure wouldn´t hurt.

I read the post on the previous page about how to keep pokerus but how does one actually get the pokerus virus? I've played through every version and never came across it.

I read the post on the previous page about how to keep pokerus but how does one actually get the pokerus virus? I've played through every version and never came across it.
Bulbapedia Pokerus Page said:
When it was introduced, the Pokérus had a 3 in 65,536 chance to be on a generated Pokémon, either wild or bred. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a Shiny Pokémon), and the fact that most would not even recognize a Pokémon with the virus and therefore flee from it, many players would never have a Pokémon with the virus.

In later generations, the Pokérus became more likely to get, with several event Pokémon during Generation III having it when transferred into a player's game, and with worldwide trading facilitated by the Nintendo DS's Wi-Fi capabilities beginning Generation IV. In fact, it is common courtesy to infect Pokémon to be traded on the Global Trade Station with Pokérus within some parts of the fandom.
Basically, you can get it through running into a Pokemon that has it and battling/capturing it, breeding a Pokemon that has it, or trading for a Pokemon that has it.

Would Exeggutor make a viable Gravity user in the Battle Subway? I was thinking something along the lines of this:
Leftovers/Sitrus Berry/Lum Berry for Harvest?
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
-Gravity
-Sleep Powder
-Swords Dance
-Nature Power (Earthquake)
Use Gravity to perfect Sleep Powder's accuracy, Swords Dance and proceed to use unavoidable Nature Power (Earthquake). I haven't tested this, just came up with it looking at Gravity users.

I didn't play the early days of the BW metagame so I have no idea how blaziken was back then. I was just wondering which set was the most prominent one that may have even contributed to its "brokenness"?

Swords Dance with sun support, as well as MixKen being able to beat SDKen's counters and vice versa, just like Salamence in gen 4.

2 questions, is double-edge legal on leafon with chlorophyll?

and witch setup seems to have better coverage for a sawsbuck in OU?
(they all will have swords dance)

Horn leech
double-edge
megahorn

Horn leech
double-edge
wild charge

Horn leech
double-edge
jump kick

Would Exeggutor make a viable Gravity user in the Battle Subway? I was thinking something along the lines of this:
Leftovers/Sitrus Berry/Lum Berry for Harvest?
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
-Gravity
-Sleep Powder
-Swords Dance
-Nature Power (Earthquake)
Use Gravity to perfect Sleep Powder's accuracy, Swords Dance and proceed to use unavoidable Nature Power (Earthquake). I haven't tested this, just came up with it looking at Gravity users.
Exegg cannot have Harvest and Gravity at the same time.

Horn leach
double-edge
megahorn

Horn leach
double-edge
wild charge

Horn leach
double-edge
jump kick
Don't use megahorn in OU. The choice between Wild Charge and Jump Kick is on whether you are more worried about Skarmory or Heatran. Jump Kick also has the added bonus of getting excellent coverage against sand teams alongside horn leech.

Horn leech
double-edge
megahorn

Horn leech
double-edge
wild charge

Horn leech
double-edge
jump kick
1.) No, Chlorophyll is a Dreamworld ability whereas Double-edge is a 3rd Gen Tutor Move

2.) The first set is walled by any steel type you'll see in OU (outside of Jirachi, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn; though I will admit those are three of the more common steels), along with Gengar, Chandelure, and (though less problematically) Drifblim. The second set is walled by Magnezone and Ferrothorn. The third set is walled by Gengar, Chandelure, and Drifblim. Do what this what you will. NijaSkills post on this point is probably a little more useful.

Horn Leech/Return/Nature power is the best one Even with Horn Leech, Double Edge combined with LO will kill you too quickly

Nature power=EQ in wifi, thus it's EQ in PO

IIRC, only Gengar and some steels with a balloon/levitate wall this set

my question on the last page wasnt answered so ill write it out again.

my reflect-gross set is helping me against physical sweeps, but now im being hassled by special sweeps. my current set which is the last page needs some work, and i need help. any answers?

there are much better screeners than metagross. try something like forretress, who is a better dedicated physical wall, although you probably need the other slots. In that case, Deoxys-D is a good choice

Can someone please share tips on how to best a Baton Passing team? Be specific on how *your* own team deals with a Baton Passing team. Perhaps I'm just inexperienced but I don't know how to "hit hard enough so they don't set up" or "phaze them". I've literally been using a Curse Dusclops just to deal with it, and even then it's not foolproof. Maybe I should run Haze?

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can someone please share tips on how to best a Baton Passing team? Be specific on how *your* own team deals with a Baton Passing team. Perhaps I'm just inexperienced but I don't know how to "hit hard enough so they don't set up" or "phaze them". I've literally been using a Curse Dusclops just to deal with it, and even then it's not foolproof. Maybe I should run Haze?

Perish Song Celebi... or just Perish Song.

Things like roar/Whirlwind are obvious ones but with espy and xatu its harder to pull off sometimes against BP i just lead with my stat up sweeper other ways are as been said perish song along with haze and priority if you can get it in before they boost up defences.

Perish Song Murkrow.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Nature : Sassy
EVs : 232 HP / 152 Def / 124 SpD
~ Roost
~ Substitute
~ Mean Look
~ Perish Song

Can someone tell me the reason behind the ev-spread of the Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus set on Smogon's analysis? Instead of the 'logical' 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA spread, it has an 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA spread. However, the set description doesn't mention any reason for this. It's probably so it always survives a particular attack like for example Conkeldurr's Payback, but it still should be mentioned to avoid people 'wasting' ev's if their team is already greatly prepared for said pokemon (say, my team consists of one Reuniclus and five Gliscors. With Spore. And No Guard Sheer Cold).

Thanks in advance!

What poke would be a good counter to any grass types, especially venusaur with energy ball+hidden power fire. Pls note that I'm using a rain team, thus no fire types. It would also be useful if it has a resistance to electric, but not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)