Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good counter to lum+dragon dance Dragonite? I usually rely on statusing Dnite but these things have been setting up all over me lately

What's a good counter to lum+dragon dance Dragonite? I usually rely on statusing Dnite but these things have been setting up all over me lately
Skarmory can take a couple Fire Punches and phaze it out. Tangrowth and Slowbro can take +1 Outrages and KO with Hidden Power Ice / Ice Beam respectively (assuming Multi-Scale is broken). Brozong can take a hit as well and hit it hard with Hidden Power Ice.

Skarmory can take a couple Fire Punches and phaze it out. Tangrowth and Slowbro can take +1 Outrages and KO with Hidden Power Ice / Ice Beam respectively (assuming Multi-Scale is broken). Brozong can take a hit as well and hit it hard with Hidden Power Ice.
The best way to take out Dragonite (and also Garchomp) is Shell Smash Cloyster with Icicle Spear to break Multiscale and Substitute in my opinion

I am very new to Online Battling, just learned about natures, characteristics, EV's and IV's and all that good stuff about a month ago and I'm interested. I need some suggestions as to what should I be looking in to next?

I don't feel like I've learned enough to even bother with trying to battle on wi-fi yet. Pretty sure I'll get completely creamed.

Well i heard from the eviolite thread that critical hits DO break through the boost.

also, dragonite is countered well by

cloyster
haxorus
mamoswine (icicle spear)

heatran (usual bulky ddnite without eq)
fake out+ double hit/return from ambipom
lol chillarmy (or cincinno i have no idea what its called) with tail slap

EDIT: some of these pokes cant take a hit from it, and can only revege ckill only serving as check. if you want a good counter, vbronzon, as others mentioned is good. gliscor is good too, but steels are generally better for the job.

Bulbapedia begs to differ.
What? I clearly remember reading in a thread that critical hits did hit through eviolite, and I also remember my P2 who took 1/3 or so from an attack and then recovered to full health, then got critted and my p2 just died and I blamed it on Battle subway hax :/

I am very new to Online Battling, just learned about natures, characteristics, EV's and IV's and all that good stuff about a month ago and I'm interested. I need some suggestions as to what should I be looking in to next?

I don't feel like I've learned enough to even bother with trying to battle on wi-fi yet. Pretty sure I'll get completely creamed.
Your best bet next is to get some experience. Either sign up for Battling 101, or just make/steal a team and battle on PO.

Choice items:

Let's just say, you have a Starmie with Choice Specs. You select Surf on the first turn. You have to use Surf for the rest of the time Starmie is in. Another situation is that you have Starmie trick the Specs onto a Ferrothorn using Leech Seed. Now Ferrothorn is stuck using Leech Seed(which ofc Starmie doesn't really mind).

For Furret, don't trick a Flame Orb, whatever you do. Flame Orb should NEVER be used to trick unless the user actually doesn't really care about the burn(Reuniclus). Burns cut half of your attack, and Furret will be doing quite shitty damage even with Facade.

If you want, you can Trick a Choice Scarf. Not many Pokemon actually like being scarf'd(Skarmory, Blissey, Ferrothorn, Reuniclus, etc.)
Thank you for your answer, but what if said Ferrothorn switch out and later switch in again - will it still be stuck with leech seeds (a.k.a for the rest of the battle)?

Thank you for your answer, but what if said Ferrothorn switch out and later switch in again - will it still be stuck with leech seeds (a.k.a for the rest of the battle)?
No. It can switch moves every time it comes in, but it will be locked into that move until it switches again.

You should probably go to the RMT thread and look at some teams. Plus, read the on-site articles on sweepers, tanks etc if you haven't already

So I managed to breed 2 modest Rotoms in Diamond (gonna get Pain Split from HG then transfer to W to use Wash Rotom)

Their IVs are practically the same, but there's a small difference, I wanna know if it'll have a huge impact.

the first one:

The second:

As you can see, first one has higher HP but lower Def, Rotom-W was base 50 HP and 107(?) Def.

I wanted to know which one you guys think should perform better...

(Also please don't just say continue breeding, I just wanna choose between these two...)

Thanks in advance!

go with the 2nd one, there's no reason why you would want the first anyway. the 2nd has perfect SpA and Spe, so unless you are trying for a HP Ice spread this is fine already

No. It can switch moves every time it comes in, but it will be locked into that move until it switches again.
Then it's not too crippling...
But how about mixing choice scarfed Furret into a trick room orientated team and tricking one of the opponent's slower pokemons (before placing the trick room) in order to punish it twice: First by crippling it and second by making it move last in the trick room?

Thanks TM13!
But are you completely sure? I mean wouldn't the higher HP IVs help with the low base stat more than it would for defense??

[About your signature, there IS a new English Fire Emblem for DS announced, I'm just not sure if it's New Mystery >_>]

Thanks TM13!
But are you completely sure? I mean wouldn't the higher HP IVs help with the low base stat more than it would for defense??

[About your signature, there IS a new English Fire Emblem for DS announced, I'm just not sure if it's New Mystery >_>]
actually, a lower HP IV does help Pain Split since you now take off more HP off the opponent...

[IIRC it was a fan translation lol]

Yeah that's what I thought but I wanted to consider overall defense too.
Ok cool, first one it is then : )

[I just recently finished Radiant Dawn and I'm still on an FE high, I downloaded the OST the other day, I love "Comfort's Call"!]
So yeah way off topic so imna shut up now lol

I have a question about Effect Spore pokemon(or rather Amoonguss specifically):

Effect Spore can cause poison, paralysis and sleep. All Effect Spore pokemon get Spore.

If I use Amoonguss outside of DW I have to use ESpore and preferably the move Spore as well. If I somehow happen to break sleep clause because of an unlucky Effect spore, would I lose the battle by default or is there an exception by now?(because Amoonguss has no other options outside of DW?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)