Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about Effect Spore pokemon(or rather Amoonguss specifically):

Effect Spore can cause poison, paralysis and sleep. All Effect Spore pokemon get Spore.

If I use Amoonguss outside of DW I have to use ESpore and preferably the move Spore as well. If I somehow happen to break sleep clause because of an unlucky Effect spore, would I lose the battle by default or is there an exception by now?(because Amoonguss has no other options outside of DW?)
You wouldn't lose because you have no control over it. I'd think of it as like how Accupressure doesn't break Evasion Clause.

I have a question about Effect Spore pokemon(or rather Amoonguss specifically):

Effect Spore can cause poison, paralysis and sleep. All Effect Spore pokemon get Spore.

If I use Amoonguss outside of DW I have to use ESpore and preferably the move Spore as well. If I somehow happen to break sleep clause because of an unlucky Effect spore, would I lose the battle by default or is there an exception by now?(because Amoonguss has no other options outside of DW?)
This usually isn't an issue, since PO has a built-in mechanic that blocks a second sleep from happening, but if it happens on Wi-Fi, common courtesy is to waste turns until they wake up.

Noob question, but how do I save logs?
check "save log" in battle

on the ESpore issue, generally Breloom and Parasect prefer their other abilities(Poison Heal/Dry Skin), so it only applies to Amoongus... who's slow as all hell. Your Spore has a 30% chance of failing if the opponent uses a contact move, which is plain dumb.

If you use Simple Beam in doubles after your other man uses sword dance, does he get +4 or does it just remain +2?
Effectively, yes. Simple never actually changes the boost from Swords Dance to +4 whether you use it before of after you get Simple. All it does is make it so that that same +2 boost gives their Attack a multiplier of 300%, the same as the normal +4 boost, rather than the usual +2 boost of 200%.

Effectively, yes. Simple never actually changes the boost from Swords Dance to +4 whether you use it before of after you get Simple. All it does is make it so that that same +2 boost gives their Attack a multiplier of 300%, the same as the normal +4 boost, rather than the usual +2 boost of 200%.
This isn't true anymore. That was how it worked in fourth gen, but in fifth gen:

Research Thread said:
Confirmed Simple now doubles the stat changes instead of doubling the effects. When a stat boost is Batton Passed to a pokemon with Simple said boost will not be doubled(TheMaskedNitpicker, poccil)

What are the full details for the event Raikou, Suicune, and Entei, with the unique moves (like Aura Sphere Raikou and Flare Blitz Entei)?

What are the full details for the event Raikou, Suicune, and Entei, with the unique moves (like Aura Sphere Raikou and Flare Blitz Entei)?
Suicune @ Rowap Berry
Ability - Pressure
Nature - Relaxed
-Sheer Cold
-Air Slash
-Extremespeed
-Aqua Ring

Entei @ Cutsap Berry
Ability - Pressure
Nature - Adament
-Flare Blitz
-Howl
-Extremespeed
-Crush Claw

Raikou @ Micle Berry
Ability - Pressure
Nature - Rash
-Zap Cannon
-Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed
-Weather Ball

Source: http://www.serebii.net/events/2011.shtml

Not exactly, sadly xD I'm still way to new to this. Only now looking at the on line articles for sweepers and stuff right now. Too new to this whole online pokemon lingo.

Not exactly, sadly xD I'm still way to new to this. Only now looking at the on line articles for sweepers and stuff right now. Too new to this whole online pokemon lingo.
What Bluemon is basically saying is that the only event where Dreamworld Bulbasaurs (the ones with Chlorophyll) were released only released male ones. Since only female Pokemon can pass down Dreamworld abilities through breeding, this means that there is no way other than hacking your game to obtain a Chlorophyll Venusaur with Egg Moves. Because of this, you cannot use such a Venusaur in a battle played under Smogon's rule set. However, the Global Battle Union (the place in-game where you fight WiFi battles) does not have protections to stop you from using such a Venusaur. Therefore, such Venusaurs are illegal, as they are impossible to obtain, but not unusable in GBU battles.

i have 1 question, and 1 statement to make.

question- i have a team thats really weak to physical attacks. infact, i have 4 that are. ive solved this with my reflect metagross set, but now its being walled by pokemon like spA based t-tar, heatran with taunt, and some abomasnow!
my current metagross set looks like this-

nature-adamant
item-light clay
moves- reflect
-bullet punch
-ice punch
-rock slide
evs-252 hp/252 atk/ 4 spD

im thinking of trying a set with meteor mash, and zen headbut of bullet punch and rock slide, and evs like this, 252 hp/ 128 atk/ 128 spD. i havent tested it out yet, so i want to know if this could work?

and, well this isnt the question, but i thought this could help some newcomers to competitive play alot.

there is actullay a way to give youre team pokerus anytime without hacks/cheats. you can keep a pokemon with pokerus in your box, and it wont lose it. so what i do is, 1. i keep the poke in the box, until im ready to ev train. 2. put it back in the box when ive seen the rest of the team has contracted the illness. this also, in my experience resets the timer of pokerus's decay.
i hope someone can answer my question, and that ive helped lots of newcomers.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How much does rating decay day by day? I don't battle for 2 days, and it seems that I still retain the same rating when I go on line the 3rd day. Just wondering, b/c I heard the decay can be really nasty.

its probably just your ladder ranking. As people are gaining points, their ranking goes up, thus pushing yours down. your points don't change

Is a mew set with moves:

Reflect
Light Screen
Recover/psychic
Transform

Legal or not ?

And how about this set :

Forretress@leftovers
Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp , 252 Defence, 4 Sp.Def
Impish nature (defence+ , Sp.Att-)
moves:
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Pain Split
Gyro ball

I seen several RMTs using a set like this , i checked almost all sites and didnt see forretress able to learn pain split . Is it an event pokemon like wish blissey ?

Is a mew set with moves:

Reflect
Light Screen
Recover/psychic
Transform

Legal or not ?

And how about this set :

Forretress@leftovers
Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp , 252 Defence, 4 Sp.Def
Impish nature (defence+ , Sp.Att-)
moves:
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Pain Split
Gyro ball

I seen several RMTs using a set like this , i checked almost all sites and didnt see forretress able to learn pain split . Is it an event pokemon like wish blissey ?
Mew cannot learn Recover, but if you replace it with Softboiled (FR/LG tutor), the set is perfectly legal.

Forretress can learn Pain Split from a HG/SS tutor.

If pain split on forretress is legal , then i wonder why it is barely used ?
I mean , i never liked forretress because of the lack of healing possibility's , but it has pain split wich aint so bad at all , right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)