Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why run Electro Ball? Sure it does massive damage to slow pokemon, but when facing Starmie for example? Even though it's STAB SE, it will do pitiful damage. Tbolt should be on both sets for more consistent damage. HP Grass hits Ground types I'm sure but HP Ice doesn't have overlapping coverage with Tbolt, while also forming a pseudo BoltBeam combo.
Signal Beam seems a bit redundant to me as it barely does more damage SE than a neutral Tbolt does. The last move however is a hard choice and comes down preference. If you want to be able to scout and gain momentum, go Volt Switch. If you want to cripple a wall, though, go with Switcheroo.
very convincing, the reason why electroball was because its scarfed, but someone already mentioned its redundant so im not using it, and i put signal beam there to hit psychics and dark types but since i have scyther and absol in the team, i changed it to HP grass, not ice because i dont want to be walled by ground types and didnt realize starmie was UU, but thanks for the opinions i made up my mind :heart:

very convincing, the reason why electroball was because its scarfed, but someone already mentioned its redundant so im not using it, and i put signal beam there to hit psychics and dark types but since i have scyther and absol in the team, i changed it to HP grass, not ice because i dont want to be walled by ground types and didnt realize starmie was UU, but thanks for the opinions i made up my mind :heart:
Starmie's not UU. Not even close. It's too good in rain.

Choice band

Hello, I'm new to the competitive metagame and I can't quite figure something about Choice items, even after looking in Smogon's description and in other sites in Google: Does switching out resets the attack a pokemon must use, a.k.a it can choose a new attack to be stick to when it switch in again?

Also, I'm thinking of a strategy for Furret, and I saw Smogon's Choice suggestion - with Furret tricking a choice band to an enemy pokemon, but this is a very dangerous strategy that has more risks than benefits: If the opponent simply switch out (which happens often) the choice item can accidently move to an upcoming sweeper who can abuse it for it's own needs and ALSO choose his own attack of a choice.
Wouldn't it be wiser and more careful to trick the opponent with a mining item such as flame orb? (Furret can learn trick and facade, so it can choose between tricking the enemy with a flame orb or using it itself)

Choice items:

Let's just say, you have a Starmie with Choice Specs. You select Surf on the first turn. You have to use Surf for the rest of the time Starmie is in. Another situation is that you have Starmie trick the Specs onto a Ferrothorn using Leech Seed. Now Ferrothorn is stuck using Leech Seed(which ofc Starmie doesn't really mind).

For Furret, don't trick a Flame Orb, whatever you do. Flame Orb should NEVER be used to trick unless the user actually doesn't really care about the burn(Reuniclus). Burns cut half of your attack, and Furret will be doing quite shitty damage even with Facade.

If you want, you can Trick a Choice Scarf. Not many Pokemon actually like being scarf'd(Skarmory, Blissey, Ferrothorn, Reuniclus, etc.)

I have a question.
When i look at the tournament page I can see most of the participants are in teams.
Are these teams similar to clans or do you need exceptional skill to join, better said what are those teams all about?

I have a question.
When i look at the tournament page I can see most of the participants are in teams.
Are these teams similar to clans or do you need exceptional skill to join, better said what are those teams all about?
People pair up in different teams for tournaments. You can make your own teams with people you know in tournaments like Team Trials; in tournaments like the World Cup, there's many people that tryout to get a roster spot in different teams, but only the best get in.

How do you put a title below your name (for example gen. emp has "to much bright")
You need a badge.

How does Transform work in double or triple battles? How does Imposter work in double or triple battles?

Is it possible to move Wonder Guard to a different Pokémon such as Spiritomb or Air Balloon Electivire? I keep getting mixed answers

How does Transform work in double or triple battles? How does Imposter work in double or triple battles?

Is it possible to move Wonder Guard to a different Pokémon such as Spiritomb or Air Balloon Electivire? I keep getting mixed answers
I believe with Transform, it transforms to the Pokemon opposite you :)

I don't believe you can, due to Wonder Guard not being able to be used on with Skill Swap...
I think the only way you can get Wonder Guard is via Trace :)

EDIT: Apologies for the double post :)

A quick question, does Magic Bounce (the ability that reflects Stealth Rock, Taunt, etc. also reflect Trick (and Switcheroo)? Sites like Bulbapedia and Smogon mention it reflecting similar moves, but never Trick.

Transform lets you select a target, actually. Imposter, on the other hand, does use the pokemon you're facing.
Thanks, but what if there's no Pokémon opposite you in a double battle? Such as: (Ditto is D, enemy is E, ally is A, _ is empty)

ADA
E_E

DAA
_EE

Move pages on Bulbapedia specify whether the move is reflected by Magic Coat/Magic Bounce. Reflecting Trick would be pointless, so it doesn't happen.
Reflecting Trick wouldn't be pointless, because if they were using a Choice item Trick, they would then be locked in to Trick and you would know which item they were holding

A quick question, does Magic Bounce (the ability that reflects Stealth Rock, Taunt, etc. also reflect Trick (and Switcheroo)? Sites like Bulbapedia and Smogon mention it reflecting similar moves, but never Trick.
Move pages on Bulbapedia specify whether the move is reflected by Magic Coat/Magic Bounce. Reflecting Trick would be pointless, so it doesn't happen.

Today when i was on PO i came across a rain team using Kabutops, Ludicolo and Kingdra with swift swim and also a politoed with drizzle.
I am 100% sure I was battling in the OU tier.
Is the drizzle+swift swim combo not banned anymore?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It is, but the ban is not currently implemented on the server due to technical problems. If you come across someone using Drizzle+Swift Swim, report them to a moderator DURING the battle. The person using Drizzle+Swift Swim is required to forfeit.

Thanks, but what if there's no Pokémon opposite you in a double battle? Such as: (Ditto is D, enemy is E, ally is A, _ is empty)

ADA
E_E

DAA
_EE
I can't verify this, but apparently Imposter would do nothing in that situation, so you'd have to waste a turn using Transform instead.

Reflecting Trick wouldn't be pointless, because if they were using a Choice item Trick, they would then be locked in to Trick and you would know which item they were holding
Reflecting a move = using that move on the opponent. You would still end up swapping items.

I want to suggest a specific set for a pokemon to CC that already has an analysis, but I don't want to actually write it myself. I looked around and I don't see a thread where I can suggest sets for people to write about, but there doesn't appear to be any. What should I do now?

RevolverKnight:

No. Sturdy affects only damage from an attack, but fainting (as is the case with Perish Song) does not cause damage.

I want to suggest a specific set for a pokemon to CC that already has an analysis, but I don't want to actually write it myself. I looked around and I don't see a thread where I can suggest sets for people to write about, but there doesn't appear to be any. What should I do now?
You can probably bring it up in the discussion thread for pokemon in Dragonspiral Tower. This is what happened in the Haxorus thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)