Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go with powder, you get shut down by safety goggles and overcoat and can't put grass types to sleep at all. It's really just kind of a trade-off. Soundproof seems like kind of an inferior answer to boomburst, since it doesn't guarantee a check against Dragonite as well, but I guess the sufficiently desperate could run it.
Sing ignores sub. That alone makes it worth it

This meta isn't TOO broken, offensively. I've been stalling it with some success.

Arash Well, looks like it's time to put a Shed Shell on everything!

Once again, (Toxic) Stall seems to be the most effective way in the tier, with Unaware Cresselia at the crux of it. Throw in a Poison Heal Blissey and you're good to go. Aerialite Dragonite if of course the favored mon for late-game finishing.

It doesn't have priority, but here's a pretty neat-o revenge killing set:

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Drizzle
252 Spe / 252 SpAtk / 4 HP
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-Knock Off
-U-Turn

Aerialate Dragonite is taken out pretty hard by Fake-Out refrigerate Weavile. It's one of the only effective checks.

Aerialate Dragonite is taken out pretty hard by Fake-Out refrigerate Weavile. It's one of the only effective checks.
entei, lucario, zygarde, arcanine and even deoxys can all run a SE extremespeed against him, and they are all faster. Also, use Feint over Fake Out; while weaker, you can use it as many times as you want

entei, lucario, zygarde, arcanine and even deoxys can all run a SE extremespeed against him, and they are all faster. Also, use Feint over Fake Out; while weaker, you can use it as many times as you want
Dragonite uses Dragon Dance, so after a boost it will be faster than Weavile. Fake Out is needed in order to kill a +1 Dragonite before it kills you with ESpeed.

He should have used this set.

Clefable @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
Stored Power
Moonblast
Copycat
Softboiled

What's the best answer to priority? Faster priority.
Clefable is slower than my pranksterbonder
use both

Breloom @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 Def / 252 HP / 248 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch

Having some fun with this set. Like regular stall Breloom, but way better. Priority spore... hnggggg

Also, you can fully invest in attack now.

You're missing the point. I'm not talking about that 1 match, I'm highlighting a set that works well on BP that can beat Pranksters. The fact that your opponent was using Garchomp doesn't mean anything to me, because I don't care about that match.
I'm not missing the point. I'll be wary of Clefable if I ever see another bp team.

Breloom @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 Def / 252 HP / 248 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch

Having some fun with this set. Like regular stall Breloom, but way better. Priority spore... hnggggg

Also, you can fully invest in attack now.
Why not Focus Punch?

Last edited:
This is only up for a month? D:

Can anyone tell me how to get on...? I've been trying to use the address in the OP and I can't get on. I REALLY wanna play this before it ends!

Felt like talking about a few sets I've been running that have been working well.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

This thing basically smashes stuff. 2hkoes stuff like Blissey. Mega Launcher boosted specs STAB Aura Sphere is insanely powerful.
Dark Pulse is the coverage move of choice, hitting mons like Cresselia hard. Flash Cannon is another STAB that hits otherwise problematic fairies. Vacuum Wave is there to revenge kill with priority, if needed.

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

Best mon to give flash fire imo. This thing is powerful, and does a ridiculous amount of damage with even a resisted megahorn. With no weaknesses, it's near impossible to OHKO this thing, and it gives a switch-in on mons like Victini, typically.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Not too much to talk about here, not exactly that different of a set, but there is one thing that's a really sneaky thing that removes a counter. Protect. With this, it now isn't afraid of Weavile coming in to revengekill it. After you protect on the obvious fake out, you can then proceed to OHKO that Weavile with a nice LO boosted Aerilate ExtremeSpeed. EQ is there to hit most steels decently, and Superpower hits stuff like Levitate Heatran decently if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)