A Warstory Devoid of Content

Awesome warstory. You're an awesome writer, it's really exciting. I think I might try out that Staraptor+Roserade+Heatran combination for 3v3s...

Good story, might want to consider putting Ice Beam on Cresselia/Starmie or even Ice Fang on Gliscor so you aren't so helpless against Garchomp and just reflecting against it. =P

Loved it. The lack of SkarmBliss made this story so much better. It's sad that most people can't stray from the "best walls" and try for some variation.

I use a Roserade in my main team as well. I play her slightly different than yours. She's great scarfed with Sleep Powder if only she learned Spore heh. Her special defense is amazing unfortunately her HP isn't too great.

Edit: You should really get an Ice-type attack though. You know how rampant those dragons are.

Best warstory I ever read, no joke. You sir are a great writer and it shows here. The uses of non-standard pokemon and those analogies really pulled it together there.

What was the rest of Cresselia's moveset, besides Reflect and Thunder Wave?

I never knew Roserade was so good. Did you use standard EVs, or did you have your own EV spread?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Awesome warstory. You're an awesome writer, it's really exciting. I think I might try out that Staraptor+Roserade+Heatran combination for 3v3s...
Life orb'd aero eats those guys for breakfast. lol
Not necessarily if Staraptor has Choice Scarf, but yeah, that's pretty true. Of course, Aerodactyl is as common as Staraptor these days IMO.

What was the rest of Cresselia's moveset, besides Reflect and Thunder Wave?

I never knew Roserade was so good. Did you use standard EVs, or did you have your own EV spread?
Reflect/Thunder Wave/Moonlight/Lunar Dance

Roserade's spread is the Standard, although it's so fragile it's basically a given. 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 HP, the only variant might be shifting some EVs into HP and SpDef, because Roserade has pretty nice SpDef

Good to know my Rose did some good =D

Good read.
Hehe, thanks. Yep, I'd say the trade was quite worth it.

Hmm, yeah, I realize that I ought to add Ice Beam to my team now that everyone's been mentioning it. xD Probably over Lunar Dance, I guess.

Also on the aerodactyl counter part, roserade with focus sash owns it with leaf storm, if the aero is switched in on it. I haven't seen one staraptor on any wifi battles I've had but at least 1-2 aero(one of which was my own. >_>)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, finally I could read the whole warstory, and... Amazing battle, my friend. It's as good as Jibaku's Uber battles, but a lot funnier. Two thumbs up.

wow nice story.

Predicting Spore, I switch to Starmie.

Breloom uses Spore!
Starmie falls asleep!
Starmie recovers a little health with Leftovers.

And then I switch to Roserade, the best Breloom counter ever.

Breloom uses Spore!
Roserade falls asleep!
I'm actually considering now using illuminate Starmie, just so the opponent has to forfeit when they think that it will cure from natural cure.

Damn you. Roserade was supposed to be _my_ secret really awesome pokemon :-( You've taken away my lightning with this warstory. DAMN YOU!!!

But yeah. Roserade is awesome.

A Warstory devoid of Skarm/Bliss/Electivire
I'm actually far more bored of Cressy than Skarm. I really hate that damn duck...no Bliss and Electivire is always good, though.

You're a good writer, but as you predicted, it did turn into tl;dr for me around when Mence got KO'd. I think you can tighten up your writing a fair bit. A couple examples.:

I predicted a switch to Breloom, after all, why would he leave a Vaporeon in against a 349 SpA STABbed Leaf Storm? Oh well, I better get packing before that dog mistakes Roserade for a hydrant.
This is perfect here. You explain what you're thinking and drop in a quick quip. Excellent.

I was in trouble now that Reflect wore off. I knew that the Wish was meant for Garchomp, whose health had been torn apart by the seeds of my vicious flower. I, myself, was torn apart over whether Vaporeon would stay in. Bauer might be predicting an Ice Beam. He might go through with the switch, thinking that I'd think Thunderbolt Vaporeon. Seeing as I don't actually HAVE Ice Beam on Starmie...
It's ones like these that dragged for me. You already aggrandize quite a bit, personally, I don't think it's necessary over and over. This could have been made much more succinct. I think you could have done something like:

I was in trouble now that Reflect wore off. I knew that the Wish was meant for Garchomp, and I was torn over whether Vaporeon would stay in. Bauer might predict Ice Beam, or may be thinking I'd Thunderbolt Vaporeon. Seeing as I don't actually HAVE Ice Beam on Starmie...

That shaves off some length and takes out some things that I didn't really feel added anything but length to the story.

I hope this feels like constructive criticism and not just criticism, it just ended up a little too wordy for me. You had me with the actual battle, but I ended up skimming more than anything else.

EDIT: Oh, and as I've gone back and looked through it some more - I'm with you, Gliscor doesn't really do much on my team either. It's just that if he's not there I'm basically waving a huge banner that screams "SWEEP ME HERACROSS!"

Great job. IMO this was the best written warstory so far. It's good writers like you that keep me from writing warstories lol. Good match-up and props for using Roserade effectively. Gliscor did set up SR for you so it wasn't that worthless, it's just hard to use it when your opponent doesn't actually use a Tyranitar or Heracross lol.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to more warstories coming from you in the future. =)

Excellent warstory, the humor made it much more interesting, as stated by the number of people who replied previous to me. I had no idea that
roserade was so good. Although some of its effectiveness in the battle I think might have been to your opponent not exactly knowing what to do with it. That might be a huge misdiagnosis on my part, but that`s what I think. Oh yeah, nice team btw. people bag on Cresselia for being OU now, but I liked the one that you used, interesting moveset. That critical hit explosion was hysterical.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
wow nice story.

I'm actually considering now using illuminate Starmie, just so the opponent has to forfeit when they think that it will cure from natural cure.
Lol, that's exactly the reason why whenever I sleep a Blissey, I never sleep the switch at the risk it's of the Serene Grace variety.

Traitor ;_;

It was a really good warstory by the way. Keep doing them!
Thanks, I just recently read yours aswell, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Damn you. Roserade was supposed to be _my_ secret really awesome pokemon :-( You've taken away my lightning with this warstory. DAMN YOU!!!

But yeah. Roserade is awesome.
You mean thunder, right? :p

I'm actually far more bored of Cressy than Skarm. I really hate that damn duck...no Bliss and Electivire is always good, though.

You're a good writer, but as you predicted, it did turn into tl;dr for me around when Mence got KO'd. I think you can tighten up your writing a fair bit. A couple examples.:

This is perfect here. You explain what you're thinking and drop in a quick quip. Excellent.

It's ones like these that dragged for me. You already aggrandize quite a bit, personally, I don't think it's necessary over and over. This could have been made much more succinct. I think you could have done something like:

I was in trouble now that Reflect wore off. I knew that the Wish was meant for Garchomp, and I was torn over whether Vaporeon would stay in. Bauer might predict Ice Beam, or may be thinking I'd Thunderbolt Vaporeon. Seeing as I don't actually HAVE Ice Beam on Starmie...

That shaves off some length and takes out some things that I didn't really feel added anything but length to the story.

I hope this feels like constructive criticism and not just criticism, it just ended up a little too wordy for me. You had me with the actual battle, but I ended up skimming more than anything else.

EDIT: Oh, and as I've gone back and looked through it some more - I'm with you, Gliscor doesn't really do much on my team either. It's just that if he's not there I'm basically waving a huge banner that screams "SWEEP ME HERACROSS!"
Yeah, I do agree Cresselia's a bit overused, though startlingly less than I expected. (I've only seen about 3 or 4 on wifi, but then again, I don't really keep track). However, one is hard pressed to find good walls who aren't used too often. Vapreon, Umbreon, ahnd maybe Regice are a few I can name off the top of my head.

ALso, thanks for the CC. I like to strive for perfection, but I definitely yearn to hear if I could have improved on something. I'll keep that in mind; I'd have to agree that I did overextend somewhat.

Great job. IMO this was the best written warstory so far. It's good writers like you that keep me from writing warstories lol. Good match-up and props for using Roserade effectively. Gliscor did set up SR for you so it wasn't that worthless, it's just hard to use it when your opponent doesn't actually use a Tyranitar or Heracross lol.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to more warstories coming from you in the future. =)
Hopefully that will happen, I recorded a lot of battles before I found one that satisfied what I wanted to write.

MinorthreaT said:
Excellent warstory, the humor made it much more interesting, as stated by the number of people who replied previous to me. I had no idea that
roserade was so good. Although some of its effectiveness in the battle I think might have been to your opponent not exactly knowing what to do with it. That might be a huge misdiagnosis on my part, but that`s what I think. Oh yeah, nice team btw. people bag on Cresselia for being OU now, but I liked the one that you used, interesting moveset. That critical hit explosion was hysterical.
I'd have to agree, and I believe he admitted that earlier. I find that it's easier to counter large, known threats (Garchomp, despite my lack of Ice Beam) rather than things you have never faced nor had any experience with (Nasty Plot Crobat, for one, which once swept my team because I expected physical).

To everyone: Thanks for reading, I actually never thought I would have gotten this kind of response. (I thought the length would be the killer.)

Now to think of it, I never realized your Cress didn't have Ice Beam, and if I bothered to pay attention, I wouldn't have switched as much as I did >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)