A Warstory Devoid of Content

Could someone explain me what does "STD" mean?

*still reading*
sexually transmitted disease

Anyway, great story, very refreshing after the couple of terrible ones that were posted a day or so ago. I guess I'm alone in cringing at the humor, some of it was funny but most of the time it just seemed forced. It wasn't too long for me, not at all, maybe I just have an above average attention span for these types of things. Well, once again amazing story and I hope you keep writing them! All in all it was put together smoothly and we definitely need more well done and exciting war stories like this.

What moves does your Cresselia have anyways? I never figured that out, even after our battle and reading this warstory, lol.

Reflect
Thunder Wave
Moonlight
???

VIP content, would read again.

i really like your rose set/spread. i honestly love that damn flower, and it helped me beat the E4 back before i knew what i was doing... so i'm thinking about running it in my team in place of a mixpert.

as a side note, i really liked the writing. humorous without being terribly so, while keeping me interested. A++.

Awesome story, I thought it was written amazingly, and that it wasn't too verbose at all. Maybe that's just my taste. I gotta say, doubted Roserade at the start, though it seems so much cooler now.

Nice story, I like your writing style a lot. Lines like "The titanium robot shrugs off the whirlwind of leaves like McDonald's shrugging off reports of childhood obesity." were particularly entertaining. But I don't see the point in saying there's no skarm/bliss/vire when garchomp/cress/gliscor/gyrados/starmie are involved lol... It's just one massively popular OU for another (Blissey is irritating though and its absence is always fun.)

Alice

The worst taste in music
lol, what's with bronzong scoring critical hits with explosion these days? >.> (I've taken two of these recently)

Nice and amusing story btw ^_^

Any warstory with Heatran, Roserade and Starmie is very sexy to me. GJ on the win. Very amusing to watch the predictions unravel.

I liked almost everything except one thing:
1. In the beginning, I got pissed of at you whining about how his Breloom was a coward because he used Protect. I'm sorry, but if you think that always attacking everything on sight is a good battling strategy, you're not very bright. It's the way the game works, don't call people "cowards" if they have a working strategy. Don't insult your opponent when writing a warstory, especially since most warstories aren't about the writer losing.

Otherwise, I rather liked this story. You wrote it out interestingly, captured my attention, and drew me in. I especially admired your prediction skills. Oh right I forgot: props for using Roserade, and using it damn well.

Masock, I think he was being tongue in cheek when calling Breloom cowards >_>

Anyway, very nice story, good work

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Very cool warstory. I think more members of the higher echelon of Smogon need to read this. :]

I loled. Repeatly. You made great use out of some really rare but nonetheless potent Pokemon (Roserade) though your opponent deserves some credit for using Breloom and Vaporeon. You're quite a great writer...I'm usually not into jokes about appearances as they tend to be quite overdone, but the Heatran one was quite accurate (if not a bit below the belt since I like Heatran, then again I'm sure you do too). The Critical Hit with Explosion was great too.

I five starred this thread so you can pray for three pages.

Nice story. I really like the way you made Roserade shine (not only in the actual battle, but also with your words). It really made me wanna train one. :)

Lol, very funny. I was expecting Staraptor to do more then just killing Garchomp after seeing the amount of damage and annoyance Roserade caused.

The tyrant of the sea comes out to terrorize the fiery...what exactly is Heatran anyway? Serioulsy, I can imagine it disguising itself as a toilet lid with a giant fucking piece of crap stuck to it.
I don't get it. How does it look like a toilet?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What moves does your Cresselia have anyways? I never figured that out, even after our battle and reading this warstory, lol.

Reflect
Thunder Wave
Moonlight
???
Lunar Dance.

Nice story, I like your writing style a lot. Lines like "The titanium robot shrugs off the whirlwind of leaves like McDonald's shrugging off reports of childhood obesity." were particularly entertaining. But I don't see the point in saying there's no skarm/bliss/vire when garchomp/cress/gliscor/gyrados/starmie are involved lol... It's just one massively popular OU for another (Blissey is irritating though and its absence is always fun.)
Lol, I agree, but in terms of my team, Gliscor is necessary for walling Heracross, Starmie for simultaneously killing Gyarados and Rapid Spinning, and Cresselia for walling Garchomp. I guess the title's implication was a bit misleading (by halfway implying lack of standards), though.

lol, what's with bronzong scoring critical hits with explosion these days? >.> (I've taken two of these recently)

Nice and amusing story btw ^_^
Thanks, and yes, that is not the only time a Bronzong has done that to me, either. :p

I liked almost everything except one thing:
1. In the beginning, I got pissed of at you whining about how his Breloom was a coward because he used Protect. I'm sorry, but if you think that always attacking everything on sight is a good battling strategy, you're not very bright. It's the way the game works, don't call people "cowards" if they have a working strategy. Don't insult your opponent when writing a warstory, especially since most warstories aren't about the writer losing.

Otherwise, I rather liked this story. You wrote it out interestingly, captured my attention, and drew me in. I especially admired your prediction skills. Oh right I forgot: props for using Roserade, and using it damn well.
Masock, I think he was being tongue in cheek when calling Breloom cowards >_>

Anyway, very nice story, good work
Thank you, yes, DMFG is right. I wasn't being too serious when I called the act one of cowardice, because I'd personally use the same moveset (or a similar one, at least) if I had a Breloom. And I do very much respect my opponent, after all, a warstory is dependant on two people.

I loled. Repeatly. You made great use out of some really rare but nonetheless potent Pokemon (Roserade) though your opponent deserves some credit for using Breloom and Vaporeon. You're quite a great writer...I'm usually not into jokes about appearances as they tend to be quite overdone, but the Heatran one was quite accurate (if not a bit below the belt since I like Heatran, then again I'm sure you do too). The Critical Hit with Explosion was great too.

I five starred this thread so you can pray for three pages.
Whoa, thanks! I really appreciate it, it's quite an honor to get a thread 5-starred.

Lol, very funny. I was expecting Staraptor to do more then just killing Garchomp after seeing the amount of damage and annoyance Roserade caused.

I don't get it. How does it look like a toilet?
Uh...well it doesn't exactly look like the full thing. Its head looks like the lid, and its body...well, I think you get it. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)