Page 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The director in the flesh, good to see you! To answer your question, when I think of posting classes held decades, maybe even centuries from now, I can smile knowing that they'll be learning about the biggest and best gathering of posters of all time,. Truly I was spot on when I declared this event "revolutionary", the posting scene has benefitted greatly tonight!

that's right, it was time i made my entrance

thank you so much for your kind words, colteor

i'd like to thank everyone for their patience as we developed Page 5, all of the wonderful posters here tonight, and on so many nights before this one, i'd like to thank mf and everyone at mf studios... our fantastic sponsors, Ullar and associates...

i'm so proud of what we've accomplished here

as i look back on Page 5, i do so with great pride, and so much gratitude

thank you

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the real question is, now that we've reached page six, does this mean the Page 5 experience is over? or is it just the beginning of a new era of posting in this thread?

though az arriving on page 6, fashionably late, is very on brand I must say. A fantastic choice by the director

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
the real question is, now that we've reached page six, does this mean the Page 5 experience is over? or is it just the beginning of a new era of posting in this thread?
I like to view it as such, don't think of page 6 as an end to everything that made page 5 so amazing, think of it as a continuation. In the end, every great poster that was drawn to page 5 and invited for the show is still here, doing what they do best. Posting. Frankly it's the most beautiful group of posts I've ever had the good fortune to lay my eyes upon.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 312917
Good friend az, we would like to ask if Page 5 is scheduled for a DVD release. Collaborators such as admired user mf have failed to attend such an exclusive page, spanning 43 minutes and 21 seconds. Can you give them closure?
hello, hello

we have plans to hit all major platforms — vhs, wiiu, hulu, and stadia

don't you worry about mf! you can rest assured that along with the rest of the crew he saw many drafts and cuts

as for the premiere itself... well

we can never go back, can we?

a moment in time to experience once, and remember forever

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
At last! I found the golden ticket that I brought last week and then threw in my dirty laundry. Although I would probably be kicked out since no one likes me.
1612311378964.png

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
At last! I found the golden ticket that I brought last week and then threw in my dirty laundry. Although I would probably be kicked out since no one likes me.
View attachment 312925
You enter the theater, only to find it unoccupied. Strangely, the building seems to have not been occupied in years - a thick layer of dust coats the place. But you know the premiere was here - it wasn't even an hour ago! How could they have put up this façade so soon?

As you look around, several chairs appear moldy and beyond repair - the screen looks scratched and matted with paint. How has this happened? Only one way to find out...

A: Search in the theater's basement
B: Call up the director of the premiere, az
C: Attempt to disbelieve the illusion through sheer willpower
D: Give up and go home, accepting that your ticket is worth nothing

Please select one of the following to continue the journey.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
You enter the theater, only to find it unoccupied. Strangely, the building seems to have not been occupied in years - a thick layer of dust coats the place. But you know the premiere was here - it wasn't even an hour ago! How could they have put up this façade so soon?

As you look around, several chairs appear moldy and beyond repair - the screen looks scratched and matted with paint. How has this happened? Only one way to find out...

A: Search in the theater's basement
B: Call up the director of the premiere, az
C: Attempt to disbelieve the illusion through sheer willpower

Please select one of the following to continue the journey.
I choose E: call out my trusty washing machine, Rotom-Wash, to defog this stupid illusion away.

Meanwhile I take a nap because I need to go to sleep soon irl

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
I choose E: call out my trusty washing machine, Rotom-Wash, to defog this stupid illusion away.
You chose E: call out my trusty washing machine, Rotom-Wash, to defog this stupid illusion away.

You open your Poké Ball and out comes your trusty Rotom-Wash! It uses Defog, and while the theater still appears dilapidated, your Pokémon seems to have revealed that the projection screen was entirely composed of smoke! Behind where it was is a dark tunnel - you can see a pinprick of light at the end, but nothing distinct.

A: Follow the tunnel into the darkness
B: Have your Rotom possess the film roller
C: Ask around town for details about the premiere

Meanwhile I take a nap because I need to go to sleep soon irl
The journey continues at your pace, and your pace alone, traveler.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
You chose E: call out my trusty washing machine, Rotom-Wash, to defog this stupid illusion away.

You open your Poké Ball and out comes your trusty Rotom-Wash! It uses Defog, and while the theater still appears dilapidated, your Pokémon seems to have revealed that the projection screen was entirely composed of smoke! Behind where it was is a dark tunnel - you can see a pinprick of light at the end, but nothing distinct.

B: Have your Rotom possess the film roller

The journey continues at your pace, and your pace alone, traveler.
Nah I don't have to go to steep that early lol. But soon

I'll choose B: Have your Rotom possess the film roller

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Nah I don't have to go to steep that early lol. But soon

I'll choose B: Have your Rotom possess the film roller
You chose B: Have your Rotom possess the film roller.

Your Pokémon leaves its washing machine behind and happily recorporates inside the film roller, beginning to play the footage. You see nothing but white light emit onto the dark tunnel at first, though after five seconds, you hear a voice whisper,

voice from behind you said:
let’s count down, everybody...we’ll start with five.
You turn, and see nothing. When you turn back to see the film, it is now playing this:

After the full video concludes, your Rotom is forced out by something that clearly shook them to their core - something so terrifying, they outright refuse to discuss (even in Poké-speak).

B: Press your Rotom for information on what it felt

Last edited:

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
You chose B: Have your Rotom possess the film roller.

Your Pokémon leaves its washing machine behind and happily recorporates inside the film roller, beginning to play the footage. You see nothing but white light emit onto the dark tunnel at first, though after five seconds, you hear a voice whisper,

You turn, and see nothing. When you turn back to see the film, it is now playing this:

After the full video concludes, your Rotom is forced out by something that clearly shook them to their core - something so terrifying, they outright refuse to discuss (even in Poké-speak).

B: Press your Rotom for information on what it felt
We should...actually make a game like this in Smogoff (and by "we" I mean random people that may or may not include me)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Your Rotom re-enters its washing machine, and the two of you bravely forge ahead into the inky blackness. Though you need to crawl at first, the smooth marble composition of the tunnel widens, and eventually becomes large enough for you to stand and walk. However, you can see nothing but the dot of light at the end - and as you look behind you, only darkness is visible there as well.

A: Keep crawling forward
B: Turn around
C: Have Rotom-W use Flash
D: There’s no turning back now

We should...actually make a game like this in Smogoff (and by "we" I mean random people that may or may not include me)
This is your journey to take, traveler, and your journey alone.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Your Rotom re-enters its washing machine, and the two of you bravely forge ahead into the inky blackness. Though you need to crawl at first, the smooth marble composition of the tunnel widens, and eventually becomes large enough for you to stand and walk. However, you can see nothing but the dot of light at the end - and as you look behind you, only darkness is visible there as well.

A: Keep crawling forward
B: Turn around
D: There’s no turning back now

This is your journey to take, traveler, and your journey alone.
Okay, as you say:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Well that sucks. A: Keep crawling forward
You crawl for what feels like an eternity, or perhaps, just five minutes. Eventually the mote of brightness expands, and you find yourself at a thick tarp of some kind. With nowhere to go but forward, you tear through the tarp - to find yourself in a lavish movie theatre. Signs and balloons everywhere have PAGE 5 written across them, yet something strikes you as odd.

Namely...everything appears unused. The seats are still folded, the drinks are poured, the buffet is set - but nobody seems to be here to partake of them.

What’s more, this place appears to be a lavishly appointed duplicate of the theater you left. Could this be where you wished to go? Is Page 5 this close?

A: Try some bubbly and whatever those hore-durvs are
B: Hide and wait for someone to show up
C: Exit the theater
D: he’s closer to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)