Tournament ZU Olympiad I - Commencement thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Dear Olympiad Participants,

First and foremost I'd like to shout out the entirety of Purple Haze. I had a lot of fun communicating, testing, building, and goofing around with all of my teammates. When I first approached Skrimps to manage with me I had this grand scheme of just going heavy old gens and drafting Wooper, Innov, Monai, and Beats. I could not be happier that that plan did not come to fruition. I am content with placing in the top 3 and I am proud of all the players skrimps and I drafted. Now that Olympiad is over I can focus on the things that matter like smoking weed and teaching kids how to play kickball.

Sincerely, BP
CEO and Cofounder of The Purple Haze Inc.
1677457580321.png

TWiTT You were always a great person to test with. You also gave me the inspiration to build probably my favorite ADV team of all time: The Johto Classic

GetSleidSun The work you put in during Semis did not go unnoticed and Skrimps and I were very disappointed when we were unable to draft you

TomatoZause You're only getting a shout-out because watching you beat MZ W1 was epic.

Charles A. Theist You got busy and your activity dropped off but pre-tour your insight was incredibly helpful.

JonAmon 25 Thanks for using my team and getting a nice W week 2

I will be short and fast as I do not have much free time but I did not want to end this tour without saying thanks to everyone that participated!! It is obvious but without you this tour would have no sense...

This was my first time hosting a team-tour and, even though I was not that active as I woud have loved, it was really fun! There were just some small issues and many of them were fixed quite easily or my co-host Xayah had already been able to digest them for me. So the first person I wanted to thank is my co-host who did an amazing job, who carried me during some weeks, and who had great decisions and amazing temper throughout the tour. I hope we can host or interact more often in the foreseeable future! Good luck with your rest of your PhD :).

Thanks to all managers!! I know you loved my friendly Sunday reminders and I know because you always send the LUs in time (which made our job easier :)). I would repeat the hosting hundred times! And this is mainly because you gave us a great time.

Finally, to all the players who showed great sporthumanship and had a great time with all of us. Thanks for sharing your time and love to Pokémon with all of us :blobpex:

See you all Pokémaniacs!!! and Congrats to our winners :SV/Oinkologne:

Congrats Tuthur, Beka and the rest of the ZOOinkers for the win. Nice to see Tuthur get a ring after a tough zupl.

Tough way to go out. Very unfortunate end to a tour where I believe we were clearly the best team until the very last day of the season where we're plagued by a series of very unfortunate events. Three-fourths of our team is busy with mid-terms for the entire finals week, we get game-changing RNG at terrible times in all 5 of our losses - often at the opening 4 turns of the game or the closing 4 turns which are the most important. We were forced to sub out our ss2 player which was probably the most unfortunate tough since pannu prepped harder than most of us that last week. Can't blame any of this on the ZOO obviously, they were as accommodating as possible to the pannu situation and obviously they have no control over RNG.

Danny and I both lose our personal undefeated streaks on the last day of the season mostly to bad RNG which also felt kinda tilting. Our team lost its undefeated streak as well. Mons is mons, i guess.

twitt: thanks for finally managing with me. draft prep with you was insanely fun and it paid off too even if we didn't win in the end. we got the players we wanted and we had fun all season.

danny: beast mode all season you know the drill i've already said it all about you

5gen: same as above glad to have both of you around again

drud, monai, pannu, deg, jabba, mz: first time teaming with you guys despite you all having great team tour reputations and you did not disappoint. it was a blast, fun bantering and memeing with yall. we put up amazing records this year while having fun and thats as much as we can hope for.

dragon, garrett - thanks for being around if we needed you, both very chill individuals.

jester: beast. i know your activity wasn't what you wanted probably but I understand you're very busy and you put on a good show. thanks for playing a meme tour like this during spl (monai is doing the same thing but he has no life outside of smogon).

special shoutouts:
File 13 - this one deserves a tag. This guy is the Twitt of GSC, except to an even further degree. The sheer amount of metagame knowledge, attention to detail, and great sense of game pacing/lines and team building for GSC ZU that File has is honestly one of the most impressive things I've seen in my time on this website. Thanks for being willing to help us - next time gsc zu is in a teamtour, please sign up - i'm excited to see how you will perform, and if i had to bet i would bet on it being a good performance. then again, its GSC zu - no bets are safe.

greybaum: best 0k pickup ever. I know i don't need to say anything to you but you probably want me to stroke u a bit in the shoutout thread so here u go. thanks for helping so much against your will buddy. u gotta stop being a t(s[m)(z]u)ndere.

xrn: thanks for helping monai out, really appreciate the laughs you gave us too

mrsoup, beats: appreciate you popping in for finals to help us out

GLORY TO PABLOS AND GET READY TO LEARN CHINESE BUDDY pannu

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It is shoutout time! That's my first time doing it, so will try my best >_<

Beka merci d'avoir cap avec moi. C'était sympa même si t'es souvent fainéant, t'as bien carry le GSC et le draft plan, tout en testant aussi dans d'autres tiers. Je sais que ça t'a soulé de pas jouer, mais tu pourras remettre ça en ZUPL.

gorex We originally drafted you for ORAS, and I am glad we listened to you mid draft and let you carry the BW slot. You got a crazy record and I could sleep well on my sunday night knowing that when I wake up I could see your winpost.

terreitor It is crazy you went for so cheap in this auction despite the insane tournament results you've been pulling for the past two years. I do not regret at all giving you your chance in the slot after I failed week 1. You just needed some support in the builder to make great things. I'm convinced that with a little better time management, you could easily become on the best ZUers.

clean I finally got to team with you after chilling in your BDSP and ZUPL servers last year. You got a rough start, which is completely normal for a Regigigas like you, but I am glad we kept you in and managed to get so many wins.

HSOWA I didn't know you, but Beka said you were a great DPPer and he was more than right. You picked up this tier extremely well, and really did well in this stacked pool.

Leru I'm sorry you had to play this shit tier for no custom lol. Watching you play was really impressive, we couldn't wish of someone better at piloting Beka's squad. It is crazy you ended up with a positive record despite our awful luck in the tier (that fortunately got reversed in finals lol).

OranBerryBlissey10 You were the person we wanted the most in our team. Even if your record isn't the one you could have wished to have, your capacity to help in so many tiers was unvaluable to the team success.

TomatoZause What a tryhard, wooo. You had crazy activity and was helping in almost every slot. Your insane motivation paid off and caried us in so many slots. Those were the 3 best k Beka and I spend in the draft, such a steal, I hope you can prove yourself more in future tournaments.

SOMALIA Thank you for joining our team mid season. Had I know pre-auction that you knew so well ZU Old Gens, we'd never have let you go undrafted like this. You really put a lot of energy in multiple slots, and you were there to pick up ADV when we really needed OBB to start in ORAS.

sasha I'm glad we had you and your SM knowledge to help me with the teambuilding and run some test games. I don't think I could have went undefeated in that slot without your support.

Eivor I'm sorry your ORAS game didn't go as well as you expected. I'm sure that with more practice in the tier, you could start again.

Jett You didn't lie when you said you wouldn't SS :puff:. That was quite hard for you to pick up new metagames in the middle of the tournament, but I'm happy you tried and could help OBB eventually. I hope you learn to play SV ZU so I can once again force you to stay in my teamchat.

Éric Thank you for joining us so early to help with BW. It is always a pleasure to team with you.

BP skrimps Thank you too for joining us for finals and providing unvaluable support in your main metagames.

boulicrok Half the team probably didn't know who that random guy in the chat, but thank you for building half our teams. You aren't the LC prodigy for anything, your Pokémon skill can be transfered to any metagame.

Louna lâche Unite, c'est un jeu de merde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)