Xerneas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well can Ho-Oh take either Thunderbolt or Psyshock? I'm sure it can stand up to some Moonblasts with that SpD, and then Whirlwind out.

How well can Ho-Oh take either Thunderbolt or Psyshock? I'm sure it can stand up to some Moonblasts with that SpD, and then Whirlwind out.
Ho-oh cannot take a +2 Thunderbolt after SR. One way of dealing with Xerneas is prevent SR on you side of the field with either Magic Bounce or Defog and have Ho-oh deal with Xerneas.

Another way is if your are playing with an offensive team, attack it right away, sacrifice, then revenge with priority.

Can Bannette learn curse?

If I have my Geomanced Xerneas up and I see a Bannette on the opposite side, I will not start to throw offensive moves. Hell, I might even Geomancy again on top of the M-Banette to avoid the Destiny Bond... But then again, I'll be giving M-Banette two turns to attack, and I might as well just die. I was thinking M-Banette with Curse/Toxic and Destiny Bond would force Xerneas out, but I don't think it actually needs anything outside of Destiny Bond to stop a Geo + 3 attacks Xerneas cold in its tracks.

I guess that M-Banette seems like a hard counter to Xerneas, even if it means sacrificing it.

If M-Banette sacrifice itself to kill Xerneas, it is not a hard counter. Xerneas doesn't have to attack after it use Geomancy, it can switch out. And while it won't be as threatening without PH, it is still a solid Pokemon while M-Banette is wasted.

Application for counter denied.

If M-Banette sacrifice itself to kill Xerneas, it is not a hard counter. Xerneas doesn't have to attack after it use Geomancy, it can switch out. And while it won't be as threatening without PH, it is still a solid Pokemon while M-Banette is wasted.

Application for counter denied.
Mega Banette is not wasted. It didn't die because Xerneas switched out. As a matter of fact, if PH is lost, then Mega Banette wins even more because Xerneas now has to be hurt twice in a row before it can start hurting things.

It might not be a counter in the traditional sense, but what the hell is against this monster? I'm just glad that there is an option to put your standard Geo + 3 attacks in check.

Even if you don't use M-Banette to kill Xerneas, making it waste its PH is more than enough for me. It makes it more counterable by any of your other Pokemon and leaves you open to use M-Banette to bring something else down with it if you feel you can deal with Power Herd less Xerneas.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well...whoops. I'm just sayin', there might be better ways to use that Mega-slot. Maybe not. We'll see how the metagame turns out.

Please accept this picture of the (admittedly badass) Mega-Evolution for Banette as compensation for the offense.
View attachment 2527
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-5856925
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-58550835
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-58427697
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-58431022

Banette is obviously useless .-.

Taunt + dbond fuck xerneas. Forcing it to either kill itself or switch out, both scenarios being a win for banette

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ahhhh I see. A SubToxic with Protect kinda approach. That could actually work. Thanks!

(I never said he was useless, at least not the Mega-form.)
Banette has few things that truly threaten it, gira and megaluca and maybe the genies are the only things that Banette doesn't outright beat. Nothing else in ubers really stands a chance thanks to ghost being immune to espeed. Also I find it funny how people thought a mom with priority taunt would be considered set up bait

So I'm going for a Xerneas, and I've got to wonder, which set do I want? I only have one chance with the IV's and Nature at this point.

I'm thinking something bulky.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EV spread to survive key counters while being able to secure the boost and hit back hard. Any suggestions?
Geomancy
Moonblast
Focus Miss?
Psyshock

Any advice here?

presenting level 1 magic guard solosis, @ sash, trick room, endeavor. Takes down or forces out PH xerneas, and not deadweight unless against a ghost, and doesnt take up a mega slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)