Xerneas

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is possible to use a physical deyoxys-A, I found that one (surprisingly) good move he could use was grass knot, as it usually got a OHKO on kyogre and groudon. (it is SE on both and they are extremely heavy) Deyoxys also has a decent physical movepool with a few fire moves to kill steel threats
also, victini's STABs are supereffective vs BOTH of Xerneas' weaknesses and has a fairly decent movepool, including the most powerful non-sacrificial move in the game
Well I need something which counter Xerneas checks. Deoxys can't switch in, and Scizor have priority...
Victini is viable as a Scarfer maybe, but not much more...
Ho-oh sounds like a very good partner to me. Ho-oh can even use Defog to get rid of Sticky Web for Xerneas.

Well I need something which counter Xerneas checks. Deoxys can't switch in, and Scizor have priority...
Victini is viable as a Scarfer maybe, but not much more...
Ho-oh sounds like a very good partner to me. Ho-oh can even use Defog to get rid of Sticky Web for Xerneas.
how about arceus-fire or, if they try to counter with aegi/gengar/any other ghost, you could even use ditto?

Not sure if its already been mentioned but doesn't Shedinja wall these Xerneas sets completely?

Switching out Xerneas makes it much more manageable, provided that stealth rock hasn't been set yet. Shedinja could score a free burn on whatever has switched in too.

Not reliable, but it doesn't seem like much else is either.

Not sure if its already been mentioned but doesn't Shedinja wall these Xerneas sets completely?

Switching out Xerneas makes it much more manageable, provided that stealth rock hasn't been set yet. Shedinja could score a free burn on whatever has switched in too.

Not reliable, but it doesn't seem like much else is either.
good point, but you are giving up a space in your team for something which is otherwise pretty useless :/

how about arceus-fire or, if they try to counter with aegi/gengar/any other ghost, you could even use ditto?
Arceus-fire is always a special attacker too...
I love playing Ditto so I like the idea. It is also interesting for RK purpose. But not bulky enough imho.
Any other good team options for Xerneas ?

Arceus-fire is always a special attacker too...
I love playing Ditto so I like the idea. It is also interesting for RK purpose. But not bulky enough imho.
Any other good team options for Xerneas ?
in doubles, you could put a comparatively weak poke in with it. then, while the enemy tries desperately to kill xernie, the other one subs and quietly stat boosts to ridiculous levels in the background. so, when xernie finally keels over, the other one annihilates their team with wide moves like night slash, earthquake, surf etc. not sure what u would use though, mabye a shuckle? (it boosts its def a lot so sub is hard to kill then power trick and BOOM, earthquake!)

EDIT: also, ditto does not need bulkiness with the dream world transform ability

Last edited:
What is a good EV distribution for a Mixed Naive Xerneas? I went with 128/128/252 Atk/Sp.Atk/Speed

And is CC/MoonBlast/Psychic/NightSlash a good moveset for coverage or is there a better combo for a mixed set?

What is a good EV distribution for a Mixed Naive Xerneas? I went with 128/128/252 Atk/Sp.Atk/Speed

And is CC/MoonBlast/Psychic/NightSlash a good moveset for coverage or is there a better combo for a mixed set?
if you are running mixed, horn leech might help deal with a couple of pokes where it is SE and will be able to restore a fair chunk of xerneas' HP due to it being one of the most powerful HP restoring attacks

I was wondering about the same thing. Idk to be honest, but I'm thinking of ExtremeKiller Arceus + Xerneas.

Two best sweepers in the game. gg.
You know, Xerneas can take on everything bar specific counters (i.e. Aegislash and Scizor). Ho-oh deals with his counters very nicely with some physical defense investment and some attempt to keep hazards off the field.

Also, I've found that a 192 Def/ 252Spatk/ 64 Spd with a Modest nature works very well. It allows you to deal maximum damage and speed creep ScarfSect at +2.

From what I'm reading, it seems like anything is a good partner for Xerneas. I mean, the best we can do is wait for the XY ladder to go up, and see exactly what are the most common/popular ways to deal with Xerneas. Because again, as I said, Xerneas+anything that deals with Scizor/Aegislash is apparently a good core.

You know, Xerneas can take on everything bar specific counters (i.e. Aegislash and Scizor). Ho-oh deals with his counters very nicely with some physical defense investment and some attempt to keep hazards off the field.

Also, I've found that a 192 Def/ 252Spatk/ 64 Spd with a Modest nature works very well. It allows you to deal maximum damage and speed creep ScarfSect at +2.
Yeah Ho-oh seems like the best partner but SR is an issue...
Groudon is also a great partner, setting up SR and countering Aegislash and Scizor very well.

Last edited:
Mega Blaziken is amazing against Scizor, and can function as a backup sweeper. One must be more tactical when using it against Aegislash, as King's Shield can ruin Blaziken's day. Also, Blaziken doesn't have nearly as big a weakness to Stealth Rock as Ho-oh does. However, it is somewhat difficult to determine what the most beneficial set is for Blaziken.

Groudon seems to be the best partner for Xerneas.
It easily counter Scizor, Aegislash and Metagross.
Moreover, it can keep pressure with a Rock Polish set or set SR and play a more defensive role.

EDIT: I'm dumb. As God as my witness I thought Krow learned Destiny Bond (and that turkeys could fly). He doesn't and without it, my idea doesn't work at all. Come to think of it priority DB probably would be way OP.

Last edited:
There was this one event Deoxys released back in '10 (I think) that had Meteor Mash. I'm pretty sure Deoxys-A, even with a speed neutral nature, can outspeed and OHKO every Xerneas set.

Outside of a very small list of shaky *checks* Xerneas is pretty much golden. I can see this thing wreaking with PH Geomancy.

There was this one event Deoxys released back in '10 (I think) that had Meteor Mash. I'm pretty sure Deoxys-A, even with a speed neutral nature, can outspeed and OHKO every Xerneas set.

Outside of a very small list of shaky *checks* Xerneas is pretty much golden. I can see this thing wreaking with PH Geomancy.
Yeah, Xerneas will be pretty easy to check before it gets that +2 boost. After that, though, there are very few things that can touch it.

Me and Haruno were discussing Mega Banette the other day. To be honest, there are very few things offensive teams can do to counter it. Priority Destiny Bond before a Moonblast OHKO's trolls Xerneas very hard, at the expense of a pokemon.

Power Herb Geomancy!
Amongst other things, Xerneas hits harder, bulky, and can use items compared to FairyCeus...but what do I know?

But seriously, it is too early to see if "Pokemon A is better to use than Pokemon B," especially since all of us are practically missing 200 of the other Pokemon. So let's just for now analyze what it does great for now, then expand later.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would there be any reason to use this over Arceus-Fairy?
Even if you're not running Geomancy, Fairy Aura+ability to hold an actual item make this thing more flexible. But in most cases you're just going to run Geomancy+PH.
Groudon seems to be the best partner for Xerneas.
It easily counter Scizor, Aegislash and Metagross.
Moreover, it can keep pressure with a Rock Polish set or set SR and play a more defensive role.
I'm liking Groudon as well. I also think that Dialga has very good synergy with this thing, being able to resist it's weaknesses, while also drawing in Fighting-type moves for Xerneas to switch in on. It can also either support with Stealth Rock or play as a wallbreaker to open up a sweep.

Last edited:
Even if you're not running Geomancy, Fairy Aura+ability to hold an actual item make this thing more flexible. But in most cases you're just going to run Geomancy+PH.

I'm liking Groudon as well. I also think that Dialga has very good synergy with this thing, being able to resist it's weaknesses, while also drawing in Fighting-type moves for Xerneas to switch in on. It can also either support with Stealth Rock or play as a wallbreaker to open up a sweep.
Arceus-Fairy is more interesting defensively, with buffed Will-o-Wisp and Recover, as well as higher defenses and speed.
I think Arceus-Fairy is going to be one of the best Arceus forms, with Arceus-normal and Arceus-ghost (and maybe Arceus-steel).

Dialga is a good partner, but can't counter Aegislash, which is why I think Groudon is a superior option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)