Tournament World Cup of 1v1 VI - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever team tour!!! Slowly cracking the west ss curse. Not much to say when 3 major players dont play the tour. We'll get 4 wins next year! Although i do plan to play sv. Anyways, grats USC! You guys were certainly the best team.
Trashuny You did a job as captain. Very job. I am very with your work for this team. Thanks man, seriously, you did a great job. Building for multiple slots, filling in for squares, and playing bo7 later on. You definitely carried this team
Elo Bandit In spite of everyone kinda goin against you in the beginning, you pulled through and kicked ass until semis. Not that it really mattered going against central lol
Synonimous The GOAT. Carried us all the way, and we let you down
Waylaid You build like a madlad. idk how you do it. Kinda wish you brought specsgron kek, but you got a better mu with your team, so i cant really complain
Kentari A relic of 1v1. Glad I got to meet you sorta. You seemed busy this wc, and certainly didn't play your best. Hopefully you'll be on your game next year
Boat Giving up sm for the team, and playing ss? And still doing just as good as the rest of west's cursed ss lol
maki You beat yourself up too much. Don't get discouraged because you made some mistakes. You did a good job
SuperMemeBroz You stepped in to play mg, and took it to game 5 against a pretty tough oppo with arguably the best support of the tour
64 Squares Trying to learn a whole gen in like 1 week didn't really work out for ya huh? This probably wasn't the best call tbh. At least Trashuny came in to fix his own mistakes
nolenot The only sub that actually did stuff. It was fun having you around
bird poop uh i guess you were on the team
Gym Socks! why didn't you play?? :(
Blanched Hey look we got ss wins without you! Looking forward to when you un-:coffin:
I did kinda ass this tour ngl. But I learned a lot. I built a lot. I played a lot of strong oppos. I got 7/7 predicts right for finals. And i forgot to sign up for Masters AAAAAAA

hi, ig I'm also gonna make shoutouts too!
Itchy to this day I have no idea why you put me on the inaugural team last year despite me being a random ladder kid who's not even that good at ladder who usually just stuck to the Trivia room but ty for basically introducing me to 1v1 with that! It was awesome to play side by side with you and sorry that I could not really help with support during the final week due to irl stuff. I kept playing against you and losing practice games this tour and I can definitely say that your play's improved so much since I played you in PL! I may or may not be back next year, but I know that our BW is always gonna be in good hands with you, so I can rest easy!

Nick.see once again I will apologise for the no bitches joke in the 1v1 discord it was really unwarranted... anyway, you did a really nice job as a captain this year! I'm glad that you had your own style of captaining and generally I think that you and Itchy make a pretty good managing pair due to how you two cover for the weaker parts of the other's managing so well! Great job with your play too and thanks for really anchoring our SS core!

crow crumbs seriously stop going off discord like five hours after saying gn I swear to god... anyway a bit of a rougher pools phase and rough finals matchup for you, but ty for being our best of seven slot! It was always fun to see you just larping away with Rellia and Satanic Beast and stuff!

cleffa hater you're a lot better than you think you are. Just generally, even though pools didn't go your way, it's important to take that with a grain of salt because 1. it's 1v1, and 2. you literally got the hardest pool out of anyone in South and it was just your first teamtour. Seeing how you play, I think you're gonna end up getting a lot better. Plus, you're still really new to 1v1 and all, and SS is really established in the tours scene from what I know, so I think you'll end up being a real threat once SV drops!

Tol multigenerational superstar tolaria west holy- your 2 am ramblings are the stuff of legend. Thanks for keeping the teamcord alive and sorry for spamming your SM channel with BW nonsense all the time oop... anyway, thanks so much for anchoring our SM even though you wanted to play MG this tour. I'm genuinely so glad that we had you on the team and hope that I can experience more 2 am teamcord tol ramblings in the future!

Squirtell 1v1 silent assassin omg. your sm run was amazing to watch. Going 5-0 as an SM1 is insane! I didn't talk to you too much, but in the little that I did, you seemed cool! I hope that you can anchor our SM slot going forward and it was always super fun to watch your series and just be in awe of how well you played.

pqs Gonna be totally honest, I did not realise you 3-0'd the pool like it felt like you rfn'd three people and won all three that's pretty insane in oras ngl... you and bird larping in either of your channels (why the fuck did both of your channels get age restricted at some point lool you guys literally didn't say anything bad in there) was funny and was always a nice break for me from thinking about BW or being stuck with family members and stuff! I know that playoffs weren't the best for you but you're a really good player and good luck going forward!

Scraftionite your discord pfp is solid, best character in kuroko imo. Thanks for being willing to play SS when we needed you and ty for switching for ORAS for finals! You're really fun to talk to and all!

crying you had an awesome run in multigen! I'm not gonna lie, you had me super terrified at points in some games, but you're really clutch! Going 4-1 overall and 4-0 when it mattered is really really good! You're just really really good at mons in general ngl! Good luck in all the other tours you play!

Now for our awesome BW supporters!!

FailureGirl Thanks for being an awesome friend and always just coming up with really cool stuff both throughout WC and otherwise! You have really good instincts as well for 1v1 and I hope that you keep going from here! Thanks so much for helping Itchy test during finals while my mental health and irl situations weren't allowing me to even visualise stuff on preview how I usually do! I really enjoyed your company throughout the tour!

Bilbooo ty for joining for playoffs! You're always super cool and it's genuinely scary to see your builds sometimes and I could never pilot your stuff as well as they should be piloted, but you're such a good builder and I really hope that you continue with the tier! also super duper good luck during 2v2 PL I will be cheering for you from the sidelines!!

DezShizzels ty for joining for finals and helping with scouting and all! I didn't really interact with you that much due to irl stuff but your help is very much appreciated!!

And now for my own personal reflection!
Not gonna lie, despite going 2-0 this WC I really played like shit in my opinion. My picking was generally okay until right after semifinals, but I was throwing matchups left and right.

Overall, I don't think I'll be playing 1v1 anytime in the near future, maybe not until PL in 2024, depending on where my irl decides to go! I'll be working on my meta knowledge and on how to really work on my play after the pick. So basically I'll still be around working on resources and stuff (and possibly hosting more tournaments at some point!) but I don't think I'll be playing until my irl situation permits, which, due to having to focus on university and working a job in the near future, probs won't be any time soon. I'm also just super burnt out from actually playing tours and building due to going through 1v1PL, OMPL, PSPL, BW No Johns, 1v1WC, and 2v2PL right after each other so far this year. I've just realised I need to take a break and just do things that are relaxing for me going forward, and idk how long that this mindset is gonna last, but I'm not playing anything more until at the very earliest, PL next year, but most likely until WC VII.

Okay, ty for reading through my incessant rambling! I'm done now, lumii signing off!

hey this is gonna be pretty brief and im pretty bad at this stuff but here goes
first off im sorry to south that i didnt contribute as much as i wanted to going into this wc, im not very happy with how i played in general and idt im gonna try and manage next year

ty Itchy for being pretty great always checking in on people and making sure everything was going smoothly and went undefeated
crow crumbs thx for bailing me out a few hundred times and helping out during games and helping lots of other slots
cleffa hater itchy said it best u had one of the hardest pools especially for ur first teamtour so dont stress it too much i hope u win the adv tour thatd b cool
Scraftionite ty for being available and winning during semis ty for the fall guys as well
Squirtell 1v1 not much to say u played incredibly lol
Tol still sorry over that shit at the beginning it was pretty stupid of me, ur games are always fun to watch
pqs great job 3-0ing in pools i feel like im echoing itchy a lot but yea stuff happens in poffs dont stress it
Lumii u were a great presence in chat very active hope irl things get better and u have time to play more
crying i wont lie i was pretty skeptical of u but you played great, beat some big players i hope you continue playing 1v1
swag god Justdelemon luser tears abd1710 Bopher eblurb doc1203 STABLE ty for helping out in poffs
FailureGirl Bilbooo DezShizzels Rellia Satanic Beast Baleblaze thx for joining

anyways great job to everyone for setting a pools record i hope i get to play with some of you in pl7
and yea a lot of this itchy already said lol

one day im gonna not get 2nd in a teamtour losing to smely socks mark my words

Last edited:

hater

formerly cleffa hater
i honestly don't have the attention span to write a long ass message but thanks to everyone that was in south.
I had possibly the worst performance ever lmfao, but bouncing back in adv 1v1 and masters should be fun. ( I guess)
tbh I'm sure if i want to continue doing team tours moving forward as that's when i mess up terribly
The synergy could've been a bit better, but the real mvp is crow crumbs as he single handedly kept most of the ss slots afloat and i pray he continues doing what he does though being highly unlikely.
ggs and goodnight.

qualifying tb hits just like every year and the real tour starts. le three way tie for two spots this time though. i always espouse sending your best and most experienced players into tbs whenever possible and while i believe we did for both (we did have good reasoning for what we did vs neu), to those who were willing to play but we didnt end up sending just know even if we sat the four of us that were slotted you guys woulda won both too. LeSuperteam

cant believe west made playoffs kudos to them -$20 dom hahahahahaha

you always wanna beat other teams cleanly playing at your best but it just doesnt always work out like that, sometimes you get some lucky g1's and <1% odds. in any case all luck balances in the end, and thats obviously just the game we play. you definitely had more drive to win than the majority of teams in this tour, worthy opponents and a run to be proud of regardless of how it ended

17-7 is obviously incredible, even with the variance of how the pools format is, perhaps especially so because of that. historic. i cant say much more than what has already been said from people within the team; lots of incredible performances and from the outside it seemed you all worked well together. id like to give special shoutouts to squirtell for being an absolute beast this tour, and to pqs and bird for the work that i know they put into this; not to take anything away from anyone else on the team, i just wanted to highlight those guys. be proud of what you accomplished even if the ending didnt go your way vs LeSuperteam

finally, a superteam is a superteam because of the not only just amazing players, but also amazing people that make it up (i'll keep these to the point):

Nalei 0-2 (0-8 in games) into 5-2 winning the game to get us into qualifying tbs, winning in both tbs there, 2-0 in playoffs. Not bad bumlei! we'll meet again at some point

Rellia 25 games. not gonna lie that last game of the tour had my heart beating out of my chest. you should already know that im genuinely glad you made it across the finish line finally, love you

smely socks 5-0. neither i nor anyone else in our team could say enough words to praise you this tour, but i will say this: ive been in a lot of team tours on here and have had a lot of teammates who have done things wrong and done things right, and you did everything right. love you always, stop dodging me though

LRXC you said going in that you only wanted to sub but you would be the greatest sub, and while you didnt win, you did everything anyone could ever want and more as a sub. we made two huge asks of you and while things didnt work out you met the occasions head on both times, and i couldnt be more grateful of you for that. i wish you the best in All you do

Landon the definition of show up and win. however i'll let you all in on the secret that he actually prepped for finals and well you saw what happened. the Goat. also obligatory shoutout to dom for being my fastest way to communicate with you :bloblul:

Urfgurgle idk if i've ever said this but i respect you so much as a player. whatever tier, however bad it may be, your thrown into in these tours you always manage to have such a good grasp on them with your own unique touch, and you always just play solid. glad you won one of these finally, well deserved

zioziotrip lets be real we've had our differences and we still do, but for once you and i were standing on the same side to win one of these. and while that may never happen again, we got us one, and it was a good time

Sanshokuinsumireko U played the domhack instead of pools but i cant fault you yo, u subbed in and smoked on dr nadal's pack and claimed u one in semis. Silent assassin

Gross Sweep it was interesting having someone Back in the Day in oras, thanks for playing even though you didnt win

avarice spoo thanks for being a part of our team, very nice moral support

SiceXV Leru Waylaid D2TheW Bopher DEG Mubs lancert Murman Fragments stravench much love and many thanks to all of you for joining at whatever point you did to hang out and help us out, especially d2 and leru for helping every slot, building half of our playoffs teams, and scouting everyone like you always do :blobwizard:

thanks for reading, see y'all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)