Project UU Teambuilding Competition -- Week 9: Arcanine-Hisui (CLOSED UNTIL SHIFTS)

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
apologies for the delay, but Twilight wins! Week 7, all aboard!

Week 7 - Weavile

:sv/Weavile:

Recently being given one of the two limited spots on the UU Viability Rankings, Weavile's potential has been clearly recognised as both a powerful breaker and sweeper due to its great STAB combo, ability to boost its power to obscene heights with Swords Dance, and ability to revenge kill with a powerful Ice Shard. However, it seems to struggle into physical walls such as Iron Hands and Okidogi, as well as not be able to fully be able to sweep teams due to a lack of powerful Ice STAB. Nevertheless, it is still an extremely potent force in the tier!

5 days to submit a team that fully utilises Weavile's potential, good luck!​

https://pokepast.es/291a13de26a0f225

:weavile: SD vile is a great late game cleaner and pairs really well with the wallbreaking power of bascu-f...

:basculegion-f: Specs bascu-f is a nuke to many pokemon ... if you can trade knock off on av torn-t early then this makes basc-f a terrifying nuke and just needs to get one prediction right.... while the MU sucks against offense you can kinda mow through defensive teams who rely on smth like bellibolt to take weavile on and all it takes is one good double switch.

:tornadus-therian: AV torn-t uses kncok to help wear down the opponents. this is great for me because smth like lefites rotom-w, boots slowking, and av torn-t itself can really be annoying by eating the hits once more than neccessary and makes them easier to wear down

:amoonguss: Sp. Def amoonguss gives me insurance against sandy shocks and makes it much less threatening. Spore also gives bascu-f the free switches it wants to cause havoc

:mandibuzz: I like mandi ability to check most physical attackers... it is a good wall on the tema as a stop to smth like DD mence, SD scizor, and other physical crap. Mandi can also pivot in smth like weavile on amoonguss or bascu-f on bellibolt trying to switch in

:iron treads: its very normal

:vikavolt: :Basculegion-F: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Weavile: :Thundurus-Therian: :Iron Treads:

I've been trying out webs teams recently, and one of my newer versions had Weavile, so why not?

:vikavolt: The webs setter on this team, it has decent matchups against our two S-Rank mons, Tornadus-Therian and Iron Treads, which is nice. I run Mud Shot on Vikavolt to better hit Treads, and the speed drop in general is appreciated by the rest of my team. I've been tinkering with the EV spread, but still haven't settled on one, so I just went with bulk + enough special attack for power.

:Basculegion-F: The spinblocker + potential sweeper on this team, I actually stole this set from an old post by Melt Gibson, and it does pretty much the same thing.

:Arcanine-Hisui: Poweful Mon that enjoys the webs support to win the Treads 1v1 + Howl and Tera Normal E-Speed can clean games.

:Weavile: This slot was originally Mamoswine, but I went with Weavile for the natural speed + knock off (to remove annoying items like boots).

:Thundurus-Therian: Another mon that enjoys webs support against mons like treads, it helps to deal with mons like Tornadus-T, and can chip Iron Hands enough for the rest of my team to clean up.

:Iron Treads: I went with Soft Sand + Tera Ground to maximize its power, the rest of the set is pretty standard.

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:sv/weavile::sv/tornadus-therian:Suelord:sv/thundurus-therian:Fatalitcha (Simple Form)

:weavile:standard sd breaker, probably broken totally not cause I want to get the tc

:tornadus-therian:av helps out with taking shadow balls from bascu-f when weavile can't.

:quaquaval:spin duck is the removal here to allow torn to fully take advantage of av, and basically makes me not get 6-0'd by hisuian arcanine

:clodsire:needed hazards and this was the best way of doing it

:thundurus-therian:thundy is pretty underrated in current meta, especially with so many teams with running torn + treads, it gives it more opportunities than usual to come in and rip through with its great coverage. psychic is to weaken clod and

:sinistcha: tcha fits best as the spin blocker on this, also forms a great partnership with weavile

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
I built this team for UUSD and I liked it a lot, so figured I'd post it here.
:weavile::thundurus::quaquaval::amoonguss::iron treads::tornadus-therian:

:weavile: The team was originally built around Thundy-I, so I added this as its Ice coverage pairs extremely well with Electric, notably hitting some of its checks like Meowscarada and Hydreigon. Weavile in general is just extremely speed-control as it can easily outspeed and one-shot the two fastest mons in the meta besides it and Knock is excellent at making progress.

:thundurus: The one thing this does well over its Therian form is Nasty Plot as it can outspeed Iron Treads and its power is just good enough to get one shots on Iron Treads and Amoonguss at +2. Teams who rely on Treads and Torn for their speed control usually struggle a lot with this mon as it can tear apart defensive cores and doesn't care for Torn. It pairs very well with Weavile as Meowscarada and Hydreigon can be annoying for Thundy, but fast Ice moves can force them out and give you advantage. Thundurus brings Electric coverage to take out Water types that attempt to check Weavile like Quaquaval, Azumarill or Volcanion. The one weakness this offensive core has is that Electric types and Tera Electric mons like Bellibolt, Tera Amoonguss and Tera Tornadus-T can be quite difficult to break, though not impossible since they don't tend to be so instantly threatening as to prevent you from making progress forever.

:quaquaval: At this point, I knew I'd have a team that's a bit weak to Weavile and Arcanine-Hisui, so I went with Roost Quaquaval. It barely has any defensive investment, but it doesn't need much to help out against those and I dislike giving up the sweeping potential for Spin sets as I find those to be easily taken advantage of. Its lack of coverage is a bit unfortunate, but the rest of the team can properly pressure Slowking, Amoonguss and Sinistcha, so it's not that bad. Tera Steel+Swords Dance to +4 is also the team's Cresselia answer lmao.

:amoonguss: Quaquaval isn't a real Water answer and I wanted a solid Meowscarada switch-in since Thundurus lets it in easily. This is the switch-in to opposing Quavals, Azumarills, Rain wallbreakers and Grass types, pretty simple. Unfortunately feels a bit passive at times, but it's pretty much required on this build I feel.

:iron treads: Here is Rapid Spin+Rocks dude. I do like having some way to apply offensive Ground-type pressure at least since, as I said, Electric is a bit of an annoying type to break through for this team offensively. You know what this does though, no need to spend more time talking about it than we need.

:tornadus-therian: The switch-in to special attackers, especially Hydreigon, and a good way to position the offensive threats. Makes for a good Regen core with Amoonguss if you want to play a bit slower. Again, very standard glue, not much more to say about it.

Extra info matchup-wise: This team is good at breaking standard BO and Balance teams as those tend to lack good hard-walls to the Weavile+Thundy offensive core and they'll take a while to get through Amoonguss and Torn. However, this team is not quite as good at dealing with Hyper-Offense and Fat. It can get overwhelmed rather quickly by certain setup-sweepers like Iron Hands, Hydreigon or Moltres-G and defensive teams will usually force you to get through Skeledirge which is realistically only possible through Knock Off+Hazard pressure. It tends to perform fine against Rain though.

ThatOneApple

A Bit Fruity
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Just a team ive been screwing around with for funs and all that

:Weavile: :Bellibolt: :Amoonguss: :tornadus-therian: :iron treads: :skeledirge:
https://pokepast.es/7e846e570dca6614

:Weavile:
Good ol weav, best speed control against the scary specs torn, which normally mows through slower-ish teams like this. Provides knock support that opens up a moveslot on treads for ice spinner so that it may hit flyings and grasses harder.

:Bellibolt:
This was originally a rotom, but that guy is such a fake check to everything and the team was kinda lacking knock eaters (well specifically knocks from torn but yknow). So heres the belli, lets me fish for statics on things like torn, meow, maybe arc or a rain threat, funny guy. Also, this was something i found on accident but, if you static the right guys, this guy can turn dirge into a very scary win con if you have tera saved for dirge (which I usually do).

:Amoonguss:
The first half of the regen core, good meow switch in, and can tank knock from pretty much everything but torn and weav (who belli and tera'd dirge can handle pretty well). Grabbing sleeps on targets like treads and the bulky fighters is amazing for allowing weav to go crazy, especially since it comes in on quaq (the one that comes in on weav the best) pretty well.

:Tornadus-therian:
Hey look its AV torn again

:Iron treads:
Hey look its spin rocks treads again

:Skeledirge:
The anti HO guy, good ol unaware dirge, with tera available he fends off a lot of scary HO threats like galarian moltres and iron hands. He also stops the cheesy cresselia from doing anything, and who doenst love that. Combined with belli and the regen core, it forms a pretty solid defensive core vs many teams as well as a scary being a scary sweeper with tera fairy blast combied with torch song and earth power if you have certain targets like hisuian arcanine paralyzed.

Quick note as a warning: Be wary of teams that load gmolt and other special attackers, as they can overwhelm dirge if not played carefully.

Overall this team has been doing pretty well for me, sooooo yeah :blobthumbsup:

:weavile::basculegion-f::bellibolt::okidogi::tornadus-therian::iron treads:

This was one of the first teams I built since getting into the tier post-DLC and it performs pretty well.
This team utilizes the same core as HydreigonTheChild, that being SD Weavile + Specs Basculegion-F, but there are a couple of key differences, so check it out. I will discuss the elements of the team in pairs (Weav + Basc-F, Torn + Treads, and then Belli + Dogi).

:sv/weavile::heavy-duty boots: + :sv/basculegion-f::choice specs:
This is a solid offensive core into most of the metagame, with SD Weavile threatening a large portion of the tier with its great natural speed, fierce STAB combo including priority, and respectable attack that turns monstrous after a Swords Dance. If played well, it can be a very consistent endgame cleaner.

Basculegion-F has a potent STAB combo in its own right, bolstered by Adaptability and Choice Specs to threaten 3HKOs at worst on the vast majority of viable mons, including special walls. Basculegion-F benefits significantly from the threat of Weavile forcing the opponent to make plays to stifle it such as Wisp, Scald, Toxic, using Fighting-type moves, and burning Tera, allowing the fish to get more switch-in opportunities and favorable matchups to punch holes.

:sv/tornadus-therian::assault vest: + :sv/iron treads::air balloon:
Goro Yagami noticed the Shocks weakness in an earlier iteration of the team, and I can't thank them enough for suggesting Air Balloon Iron Treads. Balloon Treads, while sacrificing some longevity it would otherwise have using Boots or Leftovers, benefits greatly from the ability to switch-in and force out or force chip on opposing Iron Treads, Sandy Shocks, Ursaluna, Gastrodon, Mamoswine, and Clodsire, which are all relevant parts of the metagame.

Those familiar with UU should know what TornTreads does by now; it is an extremely splashable core for BO and Balance teams that makes progress with Knock Off (from both*), pivoting (from Torn-T) and reverses the opponent's progress through checking and/or revenge killing large portions of the tier (both) as well as removing hazards (from Treads).

*One valuable change that I have not tested but would definitely recommend is Volt Switch over Knock Off on Treads, as this increases Weavile's mid-late game potency using Tera Dark Knock Off. It also benefits from the trend of Sinistcha's rising usage as a spinblocker, as aggressive spinblock attempts would be punished with a switch-in opportunity for either member of the offensive engine.

:sv/okidogi::leftovers: + :sv/bellibolt::heavy-duty boots:
Finally, these two are where the main difference lies between my team and HtC's team: aggressive status spreading to facilitate endgames. Bulk Up Okidogi is a very potent setup win condition and soft check to a ton of threats, spreading poison along the way to make the offensive engine's job easier. I can go on for a long time about how great this mon is, especially with Psychic Fangs as coverage. Mons that would normally be stops to it such as PhysDef Unaware Clodsire take a lot of damage from Psychic Fangs and struggle to deal much damage to it in return, typically forcing a defensive Tera, which plays right into the hands of the offensive engine. As mentioned earlier with Weavile, Okidogi's threat to end the game at any moment gives Basculegion-F more opportunities, as it comes in on attempts to cripple Okidogi with Wisp.

I have seen a good amount of praise for Bellibolt recently, and for good reason. The combination of Toxic, pivoting, and reliable recovery is near unheard of in UU (Mandi and Fez being the only alternatives), and it has good enough typing and bulk to stick around and spread status, using Static to contact punish pivot spamming from Lokix, Torn-T, Scizor, Meowscarada, and more. Once again, status spreading plays a major role in opening up other members of the team, most notably with paralysis helping Okidogi's potential to sweep and Weavile's potential to cheese through checks with Icicle Crash, and poison putting a timer on opposing Iron Hands and pre-Tera Cresselia (big threats to most BO teams).

Overall, some small optimizations can be made with different Tera types and the move slot on Treads, but I think the team is generally solid and would do well for any player who enjoys Bulky Offense with a potent offensive engine and multiple win conditions. Hopefully you consider it as a worthy alternative to HtC's well-built Weav + Basc-F team. Thanks for sticking around to the end, and enjoy the team if you decide to use it!

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
not too many votes, but I don’t want to delay us further, Ataki wins! Next week, coming right up!

Week 8: Scizor

:sv/scizor:

From one priority beast to the next! Scizor functions similarly to Weavile as a set up sweeper, but instead of raw power it focuses on using its pivoting capabilities throughout the match to help teammates onto the field, and with the return of Knock Off into its movepool, the red menace is a strong and capable teammate that many can benefit from! How will you utilise Scizor to its full potential?

5 days to make a team! Good luck!​

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/c2c9cadf151d2f19

:Meowscarada: :scizor: :iron-treads: :rotom-wash: :mamoswine: :okidogi:

Pretty simple/ standard team that I think showcases pretty well what makes scizor a good pokemon atm. the volt-turners and dogi help to chip away at teams in the long term as do the hazards, eventually getting the opposing team weakened to the point that scizor wins. boots sciz is the best set rn, at least on BO cause being at full lets it get an sd off vs almost everything, which is all it rly needs at the end of many games.

https://pokepast.es/1918f5d5d10c5e59

This team wasn't built around Scizor but I saw the announcement that there was only one submission so I figured I might as well post this one. I helped someone build this team just yesterday. It is balance with future sight support slowking to help the offensive threats on this team break through their defensive answers. Scizor is here to keep toxic users like Clodsire or Mandibuzz from being able to always click toxic. What it does that other steel types/toxic immunes that fit on balance don't do as well as it is act as a wincon, be a toxic immune that is neutral to Clod's EQ, and give us priority to mitigate balance's speed control issues. It synergizes well with taunt Tornadus in that it can act as a pivot into Torn to then taunt the toxic and then either pivot into our main breaker Mamoswine or hit things hard itself. As mentioned before Slowking is there to enable our breakers (and check rain). Quag and Mandi are good counterplay to a long list of setup sweepers. They also form the hazard control core on this team. Scizor is not necessarily the star here, but this team is a good example of the benefits it can provide to a more balanced team.

https://pokepast.es/2f1f55bfb3db8aa7
first time posting,hope that this is a good team
:scizor:
With two of the tier's biggest walls gone,Scizor has alot more opportunities to setup and sweep entire teams with ease
Tera Steel is what i use for maximum hitting power but Tera Fire can work just as well
The rest of the team is designated to kill everything that counters Scizor
:arcanine-hisui:
Harcanine pairs up really well as it can destroy the plethora of Fire types that Scizor baits in,and Wild Charge is used to hit Water types a bit better
Tera Normal is used so that espeed can hit slightly harder
:iron treads:
do i even need to explain treads
:meowscarada:
Scarf Meow opens up alot of opportunities for Scizor to come in and sweep,hits the Water types that the 3 previous members struggle alot with,destroys stall and setup sweepers with Trick,etc
You get the point,this thing is very useful
:tornadus-therian:
oh hey look it's av torn again
:slowking:
Rounding out the defensive core we have Slowking,a surprisingly good wall despite having 5 weaknesses
It comes in,eat your hits,cripple you with scald burn or twave,and switch out
Also a very good counter to weather teams in general

have fun with this team,the only thing preventing me from reaching high ladder with this team is my own skill

Rae

valiance and vigor
sorry for the delay once again, work has been killing me, but corperate n wins!

Week 9: Galarian Zapdos

:ss/zapdos-galar:

This mighty eagle has descended into the UU tier for the generation, and now with two solid checks out of the way, it's able to spam its powerful STAB moves much more reliable, as well as a new way to boost its Speed with Trailblaze. This doesn't mean it is broken by any means, however, as it still requires a solid amount of support to be able to bust through baddies. How will you make sure this angry bird gets past its blockades?

This time, for sure, in time with the DLC, 5 days to post your teams! good luck!​

Rae

valiance and vigor
Hi all! since we didn’t get any submissions this week, and since I think it would be best, we’re gonna wait for the new dlc drops for us to reopen! in the meantime, enjoy all of the new movepools additions and have a great holiday season!

https://pokepast.es/d612ca91270bb8c8

zapdos-g is the star of the show with stupid CB moves that it can click into almost any pokemon, with pokemon to back it up.., first up is....

sp. def chomp! chomp provides hazards for the team and zapdos-g to put everything into range of its dangerous moves, what more danger are u facing until you eat a brave bird with rocks up and do a lot of dmg to whatever u wanted to hit that couldve been out of range. It also checks h-arc, tinkaton, garg, meta, and ttar which can absorb brave bird.

Rotom-w provides an ice resistance and while uncommon being safe into smth like ice beam gren is pretty nice instead of just dropping, sp. def allows it to take gren hits, be able to t wave latios, take a hit from iron moth and para it, and spread para vs most def pokemon. It can also lure in pokemon like latios, WP moltres-g, double dance iron crown, kommo-o, etc.

Latios is the speed control of the team, it does latios things by clicking its stabs, being able to trick def walls to make them be much easier to wear down, and flip turn to zapdos-g who can click more stabs into the opp.

Tinkaton is a great rocker and with pickpocket can steal boots and other useful enemies from the opp. This also helps checking chomp which the team sacrifices thanks to rotom-w being sp. def and non wisp (although tera fairy helps). it also checks latios, moltres-g, and can knock items around making it so that smth like rotom-w dont want to switch into its stabs.

Amoonguss shot in the back! stun spore provides support still esp vs pokemon like iron moth, latios, iron crown, etc. Tera steel helps to take on smth like luster purge latios and get the para off which helps a lot to halt sweepers that are trying to get away with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)