Project UU Teambuilding Competition -- Week 9: Arcanine-Hisui (CLOSED UNTIL SHIFTS)

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by Monky25
taken from Me, how evil!
OP largely adapted from old thread

Art by tiki

Welcome to the UU Teambuilding Competiton! This will be weekly competition which you can join at any time. Each week, there will be a core, set, theme, or Pokemon posted, and then you will post an importable of a team featuring the given concept! This should look like a condensed RMT; a post will require an import and (brief) description of the teambuilding process to count. After a five days, the submissions will close and then you can cast your vote for the best team. The winner of the week will then get put into the hall of fame with their team on display for anyone to see!

RULES!!

1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, and be sure to include the importable and a small description!!

2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team, whoever gets the most votes wins the week!!

Discussion and Changes: Feel free to discuss people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent. A full rate would be best left to the RMT subforum, and a big overhaul on a team by someone else would defeat the purpose of this thread. Small recommendations such as a nature change or slight EV tweaking are game, though.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the UU Teambuilding Hall of Fame.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This ruins the concept of "competition". If you do copy someone's team, you will be automatically disqualified for the week. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully this won't be an actual issue.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Just vote for whatever team you think is the best. There's no need to vote for someone because they already have a lot of other votes. In addition: if you participated in the week, please do not ask for people to vote for you. There's no fun in the competition if you get a big number of votes from people that might not even post otherwise.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this thread, feel free to suggest them to me (through PM please). They will be considered, but no promises on whether they'll actually be implemented or not.
Tiers: A week is for SS UU unless stated otherwise. For variety's sake, I'll switch up the generation from time to time so you can show off your ADV, DPP, BW, ORAS, SS, and SV teams as well!

HALL OF FAME

Nothing Yet!!

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Week 1: Iron Treads

1691987539244.png

Welcome everyone to the opening week of the Teambuilding Competition! To start us off with a big bang, we have a relatively easy Pokemon: Iron Treads! This robo-elephant is ready to cause some Metallic Madness with a diverse movepool, solid all around stats and amazing utility with access to Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock and strong STAB Earthquake, this elephant is ready to rock and roll onto your team and cause a ruckus! No matter the set, Treads is always going to manage to do something well on your team, so now's your chance to show it off!

You will all have 5 days to show off a team featuring Iron Treads! Best of luck to all!!​

https://pokepast.es/411558ea12c239f8

:haxorus: :iron treads: :Kleavor: :tornadus-therian: :slowking: :quaquaval:

iron treads is a bulky pokemon here. I fit it here because its a steel and really like having a fast volt turn blocker. It supports torn-t and kleavor which hate hazards and knock off helps late game cleaning with scarf kleavor and DD hax

Haxorus is a great mon here (on paper), with lum berry and sub it can be a great bulky wallbreaker as it can setup on many things such as slowking, gastrodon, quagsire while just nuking them with tera ground eq

AV torn-t is a fun special wall i wanted to try around... it is pretty bulky and helps me scout things from smth like scarf basculegion, zoroark-h, and can take a lot of htis

slowking is a pretty good member on the team as with its future port pivot skills it can be a great member esp with quavquaval and its powerful CC

Bulk Up quav is a pretty good late game cleaner esp with its hits taking ability and ability to utilize future sight to break through pokemon that it would otherwise struggle against

Scarf kleavor is our scarfer which helps a lot into NP torn-t and is able to set rocks for us

372A91FB-AA0E-4EF2-8429-83DA577A016C.png
7CCCD27D-C886-4824-8F54-6B605CC1F3DD.jpeg

https://pokepast.es/1c52174a8fb8ffe3
First time doing this.
With treads I wanted to make a hazard stack team. I started off with the fairy dragon and steel typing core. Screaming tail wish support is really appreciated by treads who lack reliable recovery outside of lefties. Cyclizar is also a great pivot this tier and has access to spin. I decided to go with rocks treads with volt for a nice volt turn to bring our breakers in. Both cyclizar and treads access to knock is essential for hazard stack team to get rid of the pesky hdb in the tier. Tera ghost treads blocks spins and resist fighting moves from the likes of gzapdos, etc.

Next for my other spike setter I went with chesnaught. I went with a defensive tera poison but tera ghost can also be run to block spin but will lose to ceruledge. It also provides great utility in walling gengar(non sub) thanks to bulletproof for scream tail. Going off chesnaught i went to build a water fire and grass core. Of course basulegion with its ghost and water typing would be a good fit for the team to block spin. Tera electric bc this is ur plot torn answer. Don’t ask me. Arc also appreciates the hazards for its potential to wallbreak. Went with Tera rock addy here to do the same thing as band, helping stall mu and basculegion in breaking mons like gastrodon. Might be overkill with morning sun but better safe than sorry even with wish support. It also helps team against skeledirge.

And that’s all folks. Ik the layout of this is a little weird was in a rush but any tips or comments will be appreciated thank you.

Rae

valiance and vigor
Congrats to htc for winning the first week! Onto the next!

Week 2: Quaquaval
1692791634410.jpeg

art by https://twitter.com/aooni0312

The dancing duck takes centre stage this round! Armed with a diverse movepool, solid all around stats with a power 125 Attack stat and the extremely powerful combination of Aqua Step and Moxie, Quaquaval is one of the scariest sweepers in the tier! This flamboyant duck is a fantastic member of any team, being able to knock out frightening enemy Pokémon with ease whilst putting on a fantastic show! How will you maximise the quack pack’s potential?

You will all have 5 days to show off a team featuring Quaquaval! Best of luck to all!!​

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
fuck it i'll throw my hat in the ring
---------------------------------------
:quaquaval: :iron treads: :kleavor: :mew: :volcanion: :thundurus-therian:
[importable here]

:quaquaval:
The star of the show, I decided to use a safe and reliable Quaquaval set: Scarf with U-turn. With the amount of fast Flying-types in the tier and the prevalence of Slowking, I think that this is the most comfortable role for Quaquaval, allowing it to function as Speed control and not feel like too much of a sunken cost when it needs to get out of a bad situation, while still maintaining that snowball potential we all know and love.

:iron treads:
The removal, chosen over Donphan for the Speed and to help out with the Thundurus/Tornadus-T matchups. Not a lot to say here, speedy consistent Knock user that keeps hazards off the field and makes playing the game a bit easier, Ice Spinner removing terrains as an added bonus.

:kleavor:
The hazard setter, again not much to say here. I almost tried to cook up a Rocks Hydreigon set but decided that that would be better for another time. Keeps pace with the rest of the team while offering more pivoting support, can be used to scare out certain threats by bluffing Scarf as a lead, and just a good all-around team player.

:mew:
DD Mew as the wincon because I think it's fun LOL, not much else to really say other than I enjoy using it a lot and thought it fit decently well since a lot of the team already gives the slowtwins trouble.

:volcanion:
Fun Volcanion set that we cooked up over at UUWC East, built to take advantage of passive threats like Slowking and Skeledirge and just absolutely ruin their day. Also here because I was worried about the Scizor matchup and wasn't all too hot about sdbpbpbp endgames.

:thundurus-therian:
And of course, no Post-HOME SV UU team would be complete without a genie on it. Chose Thundurus over Tornadus here because I liked the bonus Electric immunity and it managed to shore up my Tornadus matchup pretty well while also functioning as a supportive pivot that could put dents in some of the things this team really hates.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/91b163cd5ed5f19e

:iron treads::basculegion-f::bellibolt::zarude::quaquaval::talonflame:

Using the famous zapif Zarude set, this team is pretty solid although weak to hyper offense. Quaq Talon and Bellibolt make an interesting Voltturn core supported by a utility Iron Treads. Zarude complements the core by being a special sponge and making a sort of fire water grass core (sort of because it's not using any grass STAB). Basculegion is another water and gives me a nice Quaq check.

Overall Quaq here is pretty useful to be part of cores, defend against H-Arcanine, and use U-turn instead of SD/Bulk up to try and make progress.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Since we were asked nicely to provide teams for this i'll post one, don't promise much effort on this post though...

:iron-leaves: :iron-treads: :scizor: :quaquaval: :iron-jugulis: :salamence:

(click on the sprites for the team import)

Even though the team wasn't mainly built around quaquaval i think that it does show the set that i believe is the best quaqua set now (sd tera ghost). Ghost typing not only allows it to possibly break through stuff like basculegion and slowbro/slowking but also gives a valuable immunity to arcanines espeed and brelooms mach punch which are two of the most common form of priority rn.

The teams goal was mostly use some pretty good sweepers atm like leaves and SD ghost quaqua, with a forgotten threat in dd mence in the back to act as my own quaqua check since it's usually a hard poke for offense to deal with.

Jugulis is mostly there because my other two booster energy pokes boost atk instead of speed so i kinda need it to not get outoffensed, and between jug and scizors bp + mences intimidate i should have decent outs vs opposing offenses but it can be a scary cleaner considering that the opposing team will need to be handling threats after threats throughout the game

I'll warn that this team prob isn't that much beginner friendly but if you can manage the tempo of the game properly it can definitely pay off very well with its breaking power

Replay of me using it in drew tour: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1926902595

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/35b58bd06c4e2791

:quaquaval: :tornadus-therian: :slowking: :donphan: :arcanine-hisui: :tinkaton:

this is a team focused around a quaquaval late game sweep.. the team supports it via torn-t, fututre port, arcanine-hisui, and knock off support. Torn-t is a great team member for quaquaval because you can go ham with torn-t esp with taunt support trying to deny pokemon like slowking, salamence, slowbro, and can force the grass types like loom and rillaboom out for free setup. Slowking helps a lot in this team as it allows the team to pivot in h-arc, quav while also providing future sight for the close combats to really sting. It also helps to counter pokemon such as salamence, quaquaval, torn-t, volcanion, etc. Donphan is the remover on the team, it is invested into phys def to make the MU vs h-arc, ttar, g-zapdos, iron treads, etc better, knock off also helps to wear down the opponents and make sure smth like torn-t will have an easier time late game. H-arc is a great member who supports quaquaval since quav really struggles into tera ghost gastrodon but h-arc takes advanatge of that and head smashes their ass, also its amazing into skeledirge who arent crazy enough to run earth power. Tinkaton is the rocker :) should also be tera water

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
https://pokepast.es/9ad790947b0a4a51
:quaquaval: :goodra-hisui: :scream-tail: :iron-treads: :chesnaught: :tornadus-therian:

This is a fun one featuring SD 3a quav as a potent breaker and sweeper. An entry hazards core with Iron Treads + Chesnaught provide much needed breaking support and a nice defensive core, and combine nicely with Dragon Tail Hoodra to soften teams up. RestTalk Hoodra is a neat option here to give it more Dragon Tail and spdef capabilities and general longevity, making it a great answer long term to stuff like Tornadus and Skeledirge and giving a strong way to punish Skeledirge for Tera'ing against Quav. Sleep Talk also can give it some faster Dragon Tails which can be neat sometimes. Scream Tail provides extra speed, wish support for and an additiona lmember of the defensive core, fast encore etc, Tera Dark here is an unusual choice but lets it safely throw wishes around against skeledirge and check some offensive ghosts better if hoodra gets overwhelmed.

U-turn from Tornadus and Treads helps create some momentum and gets Quav entry points on a bunch of stuff like Dirge, Harcanine, Tinkaton etc. Tera Ghost Terablast on Quav lets it break through stuff like Basculegion, Scream Tail, Slowking. NP Tornadus serves as a secondary breaker too alongside its pivoting capabilities that appreciates all the breakings upport and quavs potent breaking, and also provides extra speed control. double sweeping+breaking core gives a lot of customisability for matchup.

:quaquaval: :tornadus-therian: :scream-tail: :goodra-hisui: :donphan: :arcanine-hisui:
The Birds - An Alfred Hitchcock Film

this ended up being a hodgepodge of hydreigon's and esta's teams by total accident so whoops sorry. anyway this team is focused on the core of torn + quaval, who cover each other's offensive weaknesses nicely. taunt torn is used to neuter support pokemon such as alomomola and quagsire to make quaquaval's life easier, as well as to bring it in with u-turn. goodra is somewhat on the passive side but does help soften teams up with draco + dragon tail and handles the strong special attackers that quaquaval hates, such as tornadus, thundurus, and basculegion-f. donphan is used over treads to prevent too much weakness overlap with hoodra + to better handle treads and harcanines. speaking of whom, harcanine helps soften teams up and is the designated stealth rocker of the team. tera ghost tblast quaquaval is a uubl pokemon, able to "NUH UH" a lot of its checks, namely non-scarf basculegion and slowking, and serves as the cleaner of the team. breloom, quaquaval, and harcanine can all be thorns in this team's side, so you'll have to play carefully w/ scream tail, hoodra, and donphan around them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)