Tournament UPL XI: Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 42]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Blazenix

• Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of Nyx
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

vs

Void Villains (6) vs (6) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs DAHLI
SV Ubers: kythr vs Frito
SV Ubers: tier vs Guard
SS Ubers: Fc vs baconeatinassassin
SM Ubers: pdt vs oversway
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs Alkione
BW Ubers: watashi vs MZ
DPP Ubers: susciety vs Highlord
ADV Ubers: HANTSUKI vs FatFighter2
GSC Ubers: Real FV13 vs Isa
RBY Ubers: Torchic vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Bo3: Garay oak vs Aberforth

vs

Manly Melmetals (7) vs (5) DaReal Drizzlers
SV Ubers: LouisIX vs ox04
SV Ubers: Inder vs Taka
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs Dark Shion
SS Ubers: Mimikyu Stardust vs robjr
SM Ubers: Rhmsitb vs Zesty43
ORAS Ubers: skimmythegod vs Melle2402
BW Ubers: The Dovahneer vs Thor
DPP Ubers: London Beats vs shrang
ADV Ubers: Vileman vs MMII
GSC Ubers: Amaranth vs Conflict
RBY Ubers: Unowndragon vs Enigami
Bo3: LBN vs Nael222

Void Villains (0) vs (0) Choice Bandits

Manly Melmetals (0) vs (0) DaReal Drizzlers
Bo3: LBN vs Nael222

The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 6th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Vileman (52) vs MMII (48): Vileman got sun stalled in their reg season game xd Vileman coming off a win, I will pick what's on paper the upset. Again, ADV is ADV, and bo1/3 can also be a factor
Shrang (57) vs London Beats (43): In their game during reg season, London got wobbray'd etc. I think shrang is in general a bit better/consistent, this game should be largely decided in builder (will shrang bring x lead for the x time with the x item? who knows.)
Dovah (52) vs Thor (48): In their reg season game dovah kinda got bailed, thor brought mental herb deo d (which is pretty cool actually. kinda.)
I think dovah is in better form, but still should be a close game between what I view as probably the #2 and #3 players in the pool

Real FV13 vs. Isa - I do love FV, and I thought his win last week was clean by GSC standards at least, but I don't think Isa will be losing to the same opp two weeks in a row. Isa's gotta stop using boring stuff though, people are tech-ing for that these days. Otherwise FV is gonna win again.

Amaranth vs. Conflict - Conflict is a better GSC Ubers player than Amaranth, and he uses the techs. But sometimes that doesn't matter and I think Amaranth will somehow win anyways because law of averages says you can't go 8-0.

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
LBN predicts? About time i say. Rules are the same as before, if you mad you not voted for its a skill issue just prove me wrong etc etc aight time to joke at RBY and crack jokes in general.

Void Villains (5) vs (7) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs DAHLI Soulwind has been a household name for awhile now, and I fully expect him to continue winning even in the new gen.
SV Ubers: kythr vs Frito unfamiliar with frito's game so im voting with kythr since ik more of him, but again tera can play the game for you so frankly any of the SV games are winnable
SV Ubers: tier vs Guard hm, 49-51 im voting guard. Why? I sense bad luck in this slot.
SS Ubers: Fc vs baconeatinassassin My mom asked me if the dishes were done and i yelled "FC". She hugged me. She knew they were washed.
SM Ubers: pdt vs oversway Ahh, the precimiss blades slot. Where marshadows come for war crimes and Groudons come to miss. voting PDT since i think he plays just about everything so the EXP should be good here
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs Alkione Based ass custom so i bold the superior custom haver
BW Ubers: watashi vs MZ idgaf about BW go genesect ig idfk
DPP Ubers: susciety vs Highlord Highlord has been top 2 DPP for awhile and i expect good things from him whenever he plays so long as luck doesnt play a factor.
ADV Ubers: HANTSUKI vs FatFighter2 FF2 has loaded some absurd wizardry and any tier without dusk mane means he'll be capable of bringing good teams (when he gives a shit), so as long as Highlord has a leash around his dog he'll win (bo3 btw cowards)
GSC Ubers: Real FV13 vs Isa No clue who FV is but i hear this has not been Isa's year, so unfortunately bolding against him.
1690839666704.png

Tier is RNG and my pick will be too
Bo3: Garay oak vs Aberforth Easily this weeks highlight, and I think aber will have a slight edge, as long as he can win SV i think his odds of winning will be huge, overall I expect a godlike series here.

Manly Melmetals (0) vs (12) DaReal Drizzlers

Bo3: Gondra vs Lunala

Tie Breaker:

Error 404 :psycry:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
LBN predicts? About time i say. Rules are the same as before, if you mad you not voted for its a skill issue just prove me wrong etc etc aight time to joke at RBY and crack jokes in general.

Void Villains (5) vs (7) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs DAHLI Soulwind has been a household name for awhile now, and I fully expect him to continue winning even in the new gen.
SV Ubers: kythr vs Frito unfamiliar with frito's game so im voting with kythr since ik more of him, but again tera can play the game for you so frankly any of the SV games are winnable
SV Ubers: tier vs Guard hm, 49-51 im voting guard. Why? I sense bad luck in this slot.
SS Ubers: Fc vs baconeatinassassin My mom asked me if the dishes were done and i yelled "FC". She hugged me. She knew they were washed.
SM Ubers: pdt vs oversway Ahh, the precimiss blades slot. Where marshadows come for war crimes and Groudons come to miss. voting PDT since i think he plays just about everything so the EXP should be good here
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs Alkione Based ass custom so i bold the superior custom haver
BW Ubers: watashi vs MZ idgaf about BW go genesect ig idfk
DPP Ubers: susciety vs Highlord Highlord has been top 2 DPP for awhile and i expect good things from him whenever he plays so long as luck doesnt play a factor.
ADV Ubers: HANTSUKI vs FatFighter2 FF2 has loaded some absurd wizardry and any tier without dusk mane means he'll be capable of bringing good teams (when he gives a shit), so as long as Highlord has a leash around his dog he'll win (bo3 btw cowards)
GSC Ubers: Real FV13 vs Isa No clue who FV is but i hear this has not been Isa's year, so unfortunately bolding against him.
View attachment 539238
Tier is RNG and my pick will be too
Bo3: Garay oak vs Aberforth Easily this weeks highlight, and I think aber will have a slight edge, as long as he can win SV i think his odds of winning will be huge, overall I expect a godlike series here.
Predict our series too coward

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Void Villains (6) vs (6) Choice Bandits
despite dahli's quite convincing games in the 2nd part of the RU open final, I find that SW refined his ubers throughout the tournament making him a player worthy of his rank.
Honestly it's a 50/50 MU for me, the 2 are capable of very good things although they have not been very visible at the end of this tournament. Perhaps frito a little more convincing than his opponent lately, hontesly idk. Im putting my money on kythr cuz he's used to play high-stakes games, while his opponent is more likely to be under stress.
it seems to me that the 2 players are having a pretty decent tournament in SV, they're capable players and well above the average pool level. Despite the good level of play offered by tier during the season, I think Guard has managed to be more professional in his victories, where tier is still struggling to close the deal. 45/55
Bacon came through the season in SS, but I honestly think that Fc is a different calibre of opponent to those he may have met in the pool. Difficult but not impossible for bacon. 65/35
despite my low USM level, I haven't really been convinced by any of the two players here during the season. However, Oversway managed to get by more or less and was never really in trouble in his USM games, so I bold him here.
French derby so french commentary :sunglasses:
Royal a su faire preuve de ses incroyables compétences pour récolter activity sur activity semaine après semaine, Alkione instalife prime se laissera endormir par royal qui va le faire sub out sans trop de soucis. 100/0
I have reason to believe that Watashi has better BW skills than MZ, although he had a good match last week. 60/40
fraudsciety's chainwin must stop right now! highlord has been much more consistent in his games so I can see him winning this match without too much difficulty if no particular haxx. 30/70
ff2 performed rather well, but it has to be said that I was a big fan of hantsuki's games adv, who showed a mastery during his games that was quite impressive and, above all, quite rare among ADVers. I think this match will be very interesting. 55/45
I think I'm out of luck predicting Isa week after week despite his very disappointing record. His defeat last week against his opponent of the day does not change my prediction, the pride of the competitor will make Isa find his full potential, if he prepares properly and considers without judgment the real level of his opponent it should go well. 35/65.
first upset of the week, i'm a big fan of torchic as a player, but i sincerely think that the bandits player showed better rby skills than torchic despite his pretty clear defeat against him last week. good match in prospect ! 45/55
probably my favorite series of this tournament, maybe not so much for the level of play but more for the perspective of these 2 styles of play that clash. I'm predicting Aber because, although his SV can be improved, I find him much more enterprising than Garay, who pays for his average record by his willingness to be in control too often during matches. If I were to push the analysis a little further, I'd say that garay takes the SV and aberforth takes the SS and SM in succession. def the HL of the POs. 49/51

Tie Breaker:
SS Ubers: Fc vs Aberforth
DPP Ubers: Garay Oak vs Highlord

I'm lazy to detail my TBers picks, but I predict that the bandits will finally break through this glass ceiling and reach the next stage of the tournament: the final.
HF everyone and go melms ofc.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Void Villains (8) vs (4) Choice Bandits

Manly Melmetals (5) vs (7) DaReal Drizzlers

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader

Good luck everyone!

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Current Score: 63/140
Am late with this since I've been busy :/ Gonna try be kinda serious cause this is interesting

Void Villains (6) vs (4) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs DAHLI - I chose not to have faith in him last week and I got fucked. I will not be doubting again
SV Ubers: kythr vs Frito - 3k btw, 3k
SV Ubers: tier vs Guard - I debating writing a funny about Guard here but this really can go either way, both of them are having great seasons and while Guard's reoord is strictly better, tier's definitely got the ability to hold his own here so I'm not surprised if I get this wrong
SS Ubers: Fc vs baconeatinassassin - Aber's still burnt out of building for the most part so I'm not convinced bacon will have a good enough team to be able to take on Fc who's having a fantastic season
SM Ubers: pdt vs oversway - pdt's season has been nothing but rough and oversway's been killing it for the last 4 weeks. Even if pdt did lose last week and has even more motivation to try, I'm not sure that it'll be enough
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs Alkione - Royal's lost one game all season and it wasn't to Alkione, enough said really
BW Ubers: watashi vs MZ - Free Li Xiao Long please, wata beat MZ last week and even though his season's been rough, I don't really see that result changing
DPP Ubers: susciety vs Highlord - susciety's had a great season but HL's has just been better, could go either way but I'm pretty convinced HL has it
ADV Ubers: HANTSUKI vs FatFighter2 - Both of them have had great performances in this slot this year but I'm gonna lean towards hantsuki on this one
GSC Ubers: Real FV13 vs Isa - I never thought this would be my genuine thoughts but Isa's just had a really rough season, he's still the better player but I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose here
RBY Ubers: Torchic vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal - Torchic's been farming RBY with no mercy, no reason to not vote for him
Bo3: Garay oak vs Aberforth - Really, really unsure here, Garay's the better USUM, Abe's the better SS, imo this set will be won in game 1 and as of right now, I'm not sure who I favour

Manly Melmetals (3) vs (8) DaReal Drizzlers
SV Ubers: LouisIX vs ox04- kekker's 2-0 but I'm expecting him to try cheese or HO which ox has played well into previously
SV Ubers: Inder vs Taka - Already happened so nothing for this
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs Dark Shion - Shion's only played 1 SV this tour, it's too hard to justify voting against entro
SS Ubers: Mimikyu Stardust vs robjr - While MS is 2-1, I'm honestly intrigued to see why rob's starting in SS, there's gotta be some reason that I'm simply unaware of so that mystique + I like rob = I'll vote rob and go with whatever the Drizzlers are cooking
SM Ubers: Rhmsitb vs Zesty43 - There is no tape, there is no Zesty slayer
ORAS Ubers: skimmythegod vs Melle2402 - skimmy's been having a solid season, 3 wins after losing his first - that being said Melle is 1-0 so it could go either way, tldr no fucking clue
BW Ubers: The Dovahneer vs Thor - I voted against his luck last week and was proven right, however, that was also vs tape, so after a week of resetting his Luck-O-Meter, I fully expect to see a true BW moment this week
DPP Ubers: London Beats vs shrang - shrang won't shut up about DPP for 5 seconds, I'd hope he can win versus someone who's having a pretty rough season
ADV Ubers: Vileman vs MMII - Is 5-2 + fuck Vileman
GSC Ubers: Amaranth vs Conflict - Literally undefeated, idk what more to write
RBY Ubers: Unowndragon vs Enigami - Well this is the opposite of Conflict almost, while Enigami did beat Ctown, Unown's just been tenfold more consistent
Bo3: Gondra vs Lunala - This one really confuses me, I assume the Melms were tryna win SV and threw Gondra off the deep end vs Luna, makes Taka's win that much better

Good luck to all of you, minus Vileman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)