The Rarelyused Premier League [Important Anouncement Post #71]

amazing banner by keiran

Hey people. During this time period of a balanced meta (shh Queen haters), we decided to bring another fun thing for you guys to enjoy until Doomsday; the RUPL. Some of you will already have seen this in Neverused, and we're goning to run more or less the same thing, but with a few minor differences. The goal of this Premier League is to allow both you newcomers and veterans to relive the glory days of our beloved tier, and play in past metagames, which are very different from our current one by virtue of different Pokemon, lack of BW2 move tutors, and lack of some Dream World abilities. Many of the metas you'll be playing will have "broken shit", if I may be so straightforward. But that does not mean that these metagames aren't fun! I've gone over our choice of past stages with RU's greatest vets, and we've decided on a grand total of six different stages in RU's histroy for you guys to enjoy once again. These are:

Stage 0 - Initial RU
- Banned: Aerodactyl, Charizard, Escavalier, Nidoqueen, Sawsbuck, Sigilyph, Spiritomb, Tangrowth, Victreebel, Whimsicott
- Allowed: Alakazam, Blastoise, Claydol, Cofagrigus, Cresselia, Dugtrio, Gastrodon, Gligar, Honchkrow, Krookodile, Porygon-Z, Rhyperior, Sableye, Sharpedo, Umbreon, Venomoth, Yanmega
- all BW2-exclusive moves and abilities are banned
- all DW abilities from Spooky Manor and Rugged Mountain are banned (most notable ones are Alakazam, Hitmonlee, Magmortar, Jynx, Sableye, Volbeat)
- SmashPass is allowed

Stage 2 - December 2011
- Banned: Aerodactyl, Escavalier, Golurk, Nidoqueen, Sigilyph, Spiritomb, Stoutland, Whimsicott
- Allowed: Claydol, Cofagrigus, Dugtrio, Gligar, Honchkrow, Krookodile, Porygon-Z, Sharpedo
- Snow Warning is banned

Stage 5 - February 2012
- Banned: Escavalier, Nidoqueen, Stoutland
- Allowed: Claydol, Cofagrigus, Gligar, Honchkrow, Sharpedo
- Snow Warning is banned

Stage 7 - June 2012
- Banned: Durant, Escavalier, Nidoqueen, Stoutland
- Allowed: Cofagrigus
- Snow Warning is banned

Stage 15 - February 2013
- Banned: (current)
- Allowed: (current)

Stage 16 - April 2013
- Banned: ????
- Allowed: ????

I've decided to keep it nice and simple, by telling you what you can/can't use in each stage. I've not provided a DW ability banlist, but most of them are common knowledge, and if you're unsure, feel free to ask me or anyone else who you think can help you. Of course, it wouldn't be a Premier League without teams now, would it? I present to you the following managers and co-managers and their respective teams:

M. zdrup15 | AM. n/a - Oreburgh Omastars
M. SuperJOCKE | AM. FireMage - Pastoria Poliwraths
M. Novaray | AM. Texas Cloverleaf - Littleroot Lilligants
M. Jellicent | AM. Molk - Slateport Slowkings
M. Oglemi | HotNCold - Cherrygrove Cinccinos
M. double01 | MOET - Anville Aggrons
We're still waiting on artwork for this project, but it should be available by the time the RUPL starts (which is going to be after SPL ends, as the vets need time to concentrate on the arguably more important tournament). This is after all meant for fun, so even if you're a noob at RU, please don't hesitate to sign up! We'll try out best to include everybody who signs up into this tournament, as the main purpose of this tournament is to try and introduce more people into Rarelyused and to have a good time, with vets vs vets, noobs vs noobs, and of course vets vs noobs :)

Please follow this format when you sign up:

Username:
Preferred RU Stages:
Forseeable Inactivity
----

Oh yeah, this is also my 2k, so I guess it would be fitting for me to include a shoutout to the awesome friends I've made on Smogon. Some of you I've known for only a short while but you've already left a strong impression on me, some are people that I rarely have much contact with but that I admire a great deal, and some of you have been with me since the very beginning, through thick and thin. Suffice to say, you guys rock, and you're the ones that keep me here

Arcticblast - I've only recently gotten to know you man, but I've come to respect you as you're charming, witty and not interested in boring ou stuff. i'm really thankful for the mentorship programme so that i've gotten to know people like you, hope to keep it up :) also best battler on smogon, check out his ou stall team

Birkal - Birkal you're one of the people that I wish I got to interact with a bit more, but you're probably Smogon's best leader, and an extremely charismatic person. Thanks for introducing me to The Smog and the Mentorship Program man, you'll go far here.

BROStime - The name really says it all :) You're one of my closest friends here, a really cool guy with a great personality, and my main punching bag that hits back just as much as it takes. Get a freakin' badge man, you'll also go far the way you're going.

Calm Pokemaster - One of my closest friends from C&C days, I just wish you were around more often :| I know you're studying hard, but remember that if you ever wanna chat, hit me up on IRC bro. You'd better get that scholarship :)

complete_legitimacy: compleg <3 amazing battler in both of my main tiers that i wish i could emulate, and a great irc presence. you use n_n way too much though bro

double01 - people give you the bumrap lol. anyway bro it's a pleasure to have met you, you're another great battler and a really funny dude :)

dragonboy52 - uhhh... see above? both amazing contributors, both from India, both not around nearly enough for me.. sorry man but the same thing really applies to you lol

Frizy - My favourite little perv. You're a hilarious guy Frizy and I wish I'd gotten to know you a while ago. Keep it up bro

Furai - F***y remember how we met? cringeworthy lol, but I'm glad we've kept in contact man. I'm glad you don't judge me on my Uber skills or you probably wouldn't have much to say to me lol. Really friendly guy who can command the strongest Pokemon like it's nothing. ily bro

Harsha - good ol' harsha :) your change from being the dude who churned out a RMT every week to a man respected all across smogon and with a powerful badgeset is very impressive. star user man, and thanks for adding me on facebook

Haunter - Haunter I wish we'd gotten to know eachother better... very respectable admin, but what I actually wanted to let you know was that you're the one that kicked me into shape in my noob days. You even had me banned shortly after you got your RMT mods because I flooded RMT with awful teams and worse posts, so... thanks for banning me big guy :) Forza Italia

jonathanrp - true bro down to the core. you're really funny, i love your happy go lucky attitude to life and pokemon, and am so glad i got to meet you on IRC. i wonder when they'll give you your AOp badge.. but never use your serene grace chansey and blissey team again. please. thanks for adding me on fb too man, really appreciate it

Keiran - one of my older friends here, and i'm really glad you've just come back. the little bug catcher that could :) stay with us bro, dont leave me again, and get your badge back. you're not gonna get one by limiting yourself to farting around irc

Legacy Raider - och aye the noo! i know you've quit, but this lad was responsible for helping me out in DPP UU, the best metagame i've ever played. always really helpful, truly nice guy, and scottish too :3

Limi - where do i even begin. i'd say that you're my closest friend on smogon limi. i hope you know what you mean to me, and i'm truly, truly looking forward to finally meeting you in a months time. You're highly intelligent, incredibly funny and a handsome devil ;)

Molk - can i officially say just how proud i am of you molk? you went from being a questionable user to the single greatest contributor that the Rarelyused tier has seen. you're funny, innovative, and always a good laugh, and a great battler. it's truly a privilege to know you man

Moo - wish you hadn't quit.. ah well you were a brilliant all-rounder, and thanks for starting up the GTP with limi and i, but it kinda fell apart coz you left. you were always full of friendly advice and i wish you'd come back

Mr. Uncompetetive - bro am i glad that i came to the oriserver one day to do a tourney battle. unlike the rest of the smogon idiots who came there only to fight, i decided to stay simply because you made such a great impression. thanks for mods on that server bro :) not gonna ever call you by your forum name though, and i see you've started contributing a bit more to smogon- keep at it man!

New Breed - another person i've only met recently, but you're a very good battler and an awesome presence on irc. my only regret is that you need to learn to pipe up, people could sure benefit from your advice, as it's always good. keep at it bro and you'll go far in this tier

Novaray - we hit it off really well nova, even if i'm still smarting over the swamp thing. like jonny, i'm so glad i got to meet you on irc :) your battling prowess is commendable, and like me you seem to flit through the tiers. above all i love your awesome personality and sense of humor i just know you're gonna end up one of those geeks with like 6 or 7 badges eventually

November Blue - why'd you leave again man :( wish you could see me now, i got CC! anyway i've always had a great time with you on irc and the forums, and i'd love it for you to come back some day

Oglemi - oggles is another person i wish i knew better but really look up to. his work ethic is nothing short of astonshing, and you've led my favourite tier from the very beginning. thanks for nominating me for cc man, it really means a lot :)

Omicron - why'd this silly bean have to leave.. you're like a past day novaray. anyway the food you cook looks so good idk how you can even have the heart to eat it, and i pray that someday you'll return to smogon in all your glory. one of the people i miss the most, great guy and a loyal friend

RitterCat - al's the man. i adore your art, and wish we could talk a bit more with eachother, coz i really feel like i'm missing out. hope to see you around more often, sport ;)

sandshrewz - :O :) :D ^.^ :x B) n_n :S ?_? sandz you're so, so friendly idk how you're gonna do in the army, there's not a bad bone in your body. ah well someone like you will find absolutely tons of friends there, and i can assure you from experience that once you have them, army time is an absolute blast. nicest guy on smogon :)

Shame That - one of my fave aussies :) also has a cheerful attitude and a friendly word when you log in on #grammar. i kinda get the impression that you're hiding a bit shame (shame that :/) wow awful pun. but that could be our timezones; just wish a lot more people could get to know you. but play now and then :D

Shining Latios - dude you've really got the stuff in you, just stop trolling lol. regardless of how many times i've had to kick your butt both in ps and on irc, i've always liked you a lot. as i said, you have a LOT of untapped potential, you just dont know it yet :P

shnen - really great guy who kicks my butt in nu. really glad i got to know you, and you're always a real pleasure to chat with. said way too many reals here... keep at it man :)

Stallion - i know you're not really around much man, but can i say how glad i am that we were teamed up in that partner tourney? your ptiece was incredible, and it's to you that i owe the fact that i've gotten somewhat good at competetive pokemon. you really taught me the finer details on strategy and battling, and for that i'm really grateful. also a great guy to have a chat with about manly things when limi just doesn't cut it :P

SuperJOCKE - my second skandinavian bro, i'm so glad we've kept on good terms all this time. i love chatting with you on irc (and teasing you grumpy grammar gramps :)) i admire your iron will that you never give up in battling me, you'll win some day! hax? what hax? :D

i have so many friends i KNOW i've forgotten some people :( just tell me and i'll add you to the list :)

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
First and In !
Username: BROStime
Preferred RU Stages: All.
Forseeable Inactivity: none.

And gratz with post number 2000 Cherub ! :)

And thanks for the shoutout !

Username: Shining Latios
Preferred RU Stages: All
Forseeable Inactivity: No

Oh and congrats on 2k! Thanks for the shout out, I'll be sure to try and cut the shit.

Username: Raseri
Preferred RU Stages: round 2 and 5
Forseeable Inactivity: im on and off quite a bit but ill get my matches done

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: TropiOUs
Preferred RU Stages: Current
Forseeable Inactivity: n.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Username: Feranfell
Preferred RU Stages: CURRENT*(:
Forseeable Inactivity: none

also no shoutout
;;

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Eh I'm bored why the hell not (if Feranfell is playing in this I might as well try)

Username: ThisMysteriousGuy
Preferred RU Stages: Stage 7 and Current
Forseeable Inactivity: Unless school becomes so much of a hellhole I can't have a life outside of school nope.

Oh and thx for the shoutout <3

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
time to get back into RU :)

Username: shartruce2
Preferred RU Stages: Current
Forseeable Inactivity: Nope

As long as I don't have to play for double01 I'm good :]
also cool 2K, 'grats man n_n
also idk how to pokemon, but for a chance to relive PZ RU I'll try :]

Username: col49
Preferred RU Stages: All except Round 11
Forseeable Inactivity: nope

edit: to verify, I'm still fine with all stages ^_^

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wanna play with some of the Pokemon that were once here. Anyways.

Username: ScraftyIsTheBest
Preferred RU stages: All of them
Forseeable inactivity: None as of now

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Level 51
Preferred RU Stages: Stage 15 <current>, probably Stage 16, I'll have to see. Although how hard can it be to adapt right???
Forseeable Inactivity: nop

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Those interested in trying out for the Cherrygrove Cinccinos please join #cuties on IRC and talk to me or Silentverse for a tryout!!

Those interested being ugly join #honkotown for more information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)