Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

So for the kanto starter raids these are just normal ones? Same with Mewtwo? Nothing special to catch then, which is fine given the limited time.
Kanto starters are regular raids (which can also have HA)

Mewtwo is not catchable and *very* difficult. Expect to die a lot if you aren't going with a premade team (and possibly die anyway)

So for the kanto starter raids these are just normal ones? Same with Mewtwo? Nothing special to catch then, which is fine given the limited time.

As for Zarude, I like the design just fine. When shall we see a release date? Dark and Grass also sounds nice to.
"Coco" premieres July 10 in Japan so I assume that's when Zarude will be released. Would not be surprised in the slightest to see its data in the Isle of Armor patch though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You know what'd be funny (extremely unlikely, but funny)?
If that was planned and there's 2 more mythicals to be unveiled that are also a dark version of Cinderace and Intelleon.
Cinderace's counterpart could be sinister bishonen lop rabbit, sort of being a dark foil to the shonen protagonist that Cinderace is. Instead of being a honorable sports star its an underworld kingpin using its charisma to trick and deceive its way to power.

Easiest thing to do with Intelleon's counterpart is basing it on one of James Bond's most memorable villains, probably Blofeld or Goldfinger.

Lol, just looked at the newest comments for the video and most are mentioning Zarude. :bloblul:

Come on GF, let it learn Sandstorm...

That's the vibe I get too but...

that'd... just be a worse zeraora clone...

I hope it at least gets some sort of flavour... like, a way to setup sun for itself for example since it has Leaf Guard as ability
Actually, considering its HP and typing... I'm maybe thinking it could be some sort of "tormentor" Pokemon. With plenty of Grass move HP draining and Dark-type moves having all sorts of hindering effects, I could see it not being a heavy hitter but rather inflicting tons of afflictions on the opponent while keeping itself healthy. Give it Mean Look and Roar/Circle Throw so it has some control over which Pokemon is out and I can see it having a potentially potent supporter niche.

wait. darmanitan is based off a monkey? Well i suppose it's tecnically based off a... Gorilla?
As others pointed out, it's more based on an ape. Specifically, Darmanitan is a (dharma) orangutan.

As for Zarude, I like the design just fine. When shall we see a release date? Dark and Grass also sounds nice to.
The Kanto raids drop toxic, flame and life orbs for bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle line respectively. They also 3x of2 of the 6 EV reducing berries. All the rewards seem to have a competitive focus in mind.

Mewtwo however, is VERY difficult, and seems to be a taste of what the Crowned Tundra will be like. Defeating it does drop very handsome rewards like bottle caps, ability capsules, and pp ups, as well as a nice chunk of exp candies and sellable treasures.

The Toxic and Flame Orbs are actually very important since outside of this event, the only way to get them is as a random reward less than 1/27 of the time from rematching the League. Have fun grinding your way through ~126 battles! (And even then that's just the expected number; not even close to a guarantee.)

The Toxic and Flame Orbs are actually very important since outside of this event, the only way to get them is as a random reward less than 1/27 of the time from rematching the League. Have fun grinding your way through ~126 battles! (And even then that's just the expected number; not even close to a guarantee.)
To be more precise, you need at least 123 rematches to have a 99% chance to get one of the orbs.

So yeah, don't miss the starters.

I had stamps from yesterday that didn't get cleared and I tried clicking on one. To my surprise the game didn't put me in a raid and error me out, it said
Code:
This player has finished recruiting trainers to join their Max Raid Battle.
Let's clear out your old stamps, and get you a fresh set of the latest stamps.
I thought this was unused text but apparently not. This would be nice if it actually worked right.
Nothing was removed at first, but I kept pressing A and it actually started deleting stamps slowly. Maybe it was going through all the stamps and it wasn't noticeable because of the seeking filter.

encountering the message: https://streamable.com/isb8j
Clearing out stamps: https://streamable.com/wu131

EDIT: Speaking of text, turns out the update somehow removed the 'nametags' on most dialogue. It used to say [Hop] in a black rectangle above his dialogue and such, now there's none of that.

Last edited:
Spectral Thief's boost stealing effect is OP everywhere; not even raids are safe from it. It can steal boosts even when the target is behind a shield, making it the only way to lower a boss's stats while shielded.
Actually, Clear Smog also works for that purpose as far as I know, just is way rarer to use.

Why do you think that they cut like all of the legends until home?
It's pretty simple: VGC format.
VGC format has historically alternated 3 years
year 1: only regional dex
year 2: national dex
year 3: national dex + ubers

Thus even if they were catchable, they still wouldn't be usable in the official formats anyway for another 9 or so months, so there was no real rush to implement them in.

It's pretty simple: VGC format.
VGC format has historically alternated 3 years
year 1: only regional dex
year 2: national dex
year 3: national dex + ubers

Thus even if they were catchable, they still wouldn't be usable in the official formats anyway for another 9 or so months, so there was no real rush to implement them in.
alright thank you

Is there any place where I can find a list of Galar dex Gen I-VII Pokemon whose HA's can only be obtained through Home? I want to know for the purposes of trading/breeding.

I've been using HOME for the last few days (the basic plan, not the premium) and I'm very disappointed in its functions.

First and foremost, trade evolutions not evolving, even without held items, kinda seems to defeat the whole concept of the gimmick, especially if this is going to be the main way to trade going forward. Sure, you can trade in-game via a set Link Code but that requires being online at the same time and hoping that no one is using the same code, which might need a few tries, especially without a friend list in-game that should be checked for priority first. It took me a few days to get Accelgor because a buddy of mine was busy and you can't catch one outside of a max raid. They spent so much time on animations and art in Home but couldn't be bothered to do a simple evolution animation? I also wish there was a way to filter out trade requests beyond "no mythicals/legendaries", like maybe via Egg Groups. I know that its always the case in Pokemon with players wanting a Lando-T for a Caterpie lvl 5, but with so much hardware to work with you'd think they could organize the function better. Like put in a "no Pokemon in the undiscoverable egg group" button. Lastly, I am really annoyed with the split in function between the console and the mobile version. It's just constant: Open App, trade pokemon, close app, Open app in switch, transfer pokemon to game, transfer other pokemon from game to home, close app, open app in mobile, trade. I get that mobile is much more convenient to check, and has its uses, but man is it tedious.

I've been using HOME for the last few days (the basic plan, not the premium) and I'm very disappointed in its functions.

First and foremost, trade evolutions not evolving, even without held items, kinda seems to defeat the whole concept of the gimmick, especially if this is going to be the main way to trade going forward. Sure, you can trade in-game via a set Link Code but that requires being online at the same time and hoping that no one is using the same code, which might need a few tries, especially without a friend list in-game that should be checked for priority first. It took me a few days to get Accelgor because a buddy of mine was busy and you can't catch one outside of a max raid. They spent so much time on animations and art in Home but couldn't be bothered to do a simple evolution animation? I also wish there was a way to filter out trade requests beyond "no mythicals/legendaries", like maybe via Egg Groups. I know that its always the case in Pokemon with players wanting a Lando-T for a Caterpie lvl 5, but with so much hardware to work with you'd think they could organize the function better. Like put in a "no Pokemon in the undiscoverable egg group" button. Lastly, I am really annoyed with the split in function between the console and the mobile version. It's just constant: Open App, trade pokemon, close app, Open app in switch, transfer pokemon to game, transfer other pokemon from game to home, close app, open app in mobile, trade. I get that mobile is much more convenient to check, and has its uses, but man is it tedious.
The reason pokes probably don't evolve is so people can get exactly what they ask for. Everyone wants a Duaclopa, not his fancier yet ill fated older brother. The phone also probably has so much more features to account for the lifespan of consoles, whereas phone data is basically eternal. No comment on those filters tho, would like to sift through some of more annoying stuff

The reason pokes probably don't evolve is so people can get exactly what they ask for. Everyone wants a Duaclopa, not his fancier yet ill fated older brother. The phone also probably has so much more features to account for the lifespan of consoles, whereas phone data is basically eternal. No comment on those filters tho, would like to sift through some of more annoying stuff
Don’t think that’s the reason. If that was the case, in previous versions of GTS and Wonder Trade, Pokemon that evolve via trading shouldn’t evolve, since someone may not want an evolution.

That's also looking too far into it :P

It's quite obvious that the reason they don't evolve in trades is simply because the pokemon are just stored as pure data and that's it. Home is just a successor to bank which happens to also have a trading system.

(Also, due to the lack of the possibility to store held items, they would never have been able to properly implement trade evos to begin with.)

I don't think there's any "deep" reason on why pokemon can't evolve via Home trade. It's purely because it's just a storage system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)