Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

The fact that it wasn't shown in the DLC locations might indicate that we'll get it in the game before DLC drops... or maybe that's just me being hopeful.

Im guessing it Will be very fast, high attack and with an interesring support movepool.
That's the vibe I get too but...

that'd... just be a worse zeraora clone...

I hope it at least gets some sort of flavour... like, a way to setup sun for itself for example since it has Leaf Guard as ability

Also we heard that it can heal itself with the vines around its body. Will be a bulky monkey/tank with an unique healing move, imo.
That should refer it having Leaf Guard as ability.

31 IVs, 0EVs: 103
31 IVs, 252 EVs: 72
0 IVs, 0 EVs: 119
That's... quite the thicc monkey actually if they didn't go overboard with maximizing the stats.

I do wonder if they'll go with a unique archetype of fast+bulky with small offences

With its design, I can't see its base HP being anywhere above the typical Mythical base 100 HP.

Most likely around 80.

Prankstertrollo

Banned deucer.
31 IVs, 0EVs: 103
31 IVs, 252 EVs: 72
0 IVs, 0 EVs: 119
I really do not think, that they maximized / Ev-trained it in this showcase. Also it is Lvl 60, like it was just caught in the wild. And Marshadow is also classified as a mythical with a base 90 HP and not base 100.

You know what'd be funny (extremely unlikely, but funny)?
If that was planned and there's 2 more mythicals to be unveiled that are also a dark version of Cinderace and Intelleon.

Well, it's pretty much impossible, but that'd be a pretty big GalaxyBrain moment.
I love this idea and will now be disappointed when it doesn't happen. Though I hope that if it did somehow happen they're not all dark, but the types that the starters "should have" been! How about... Water/ghost (pleeeease), and just to make it even more hilarious, fire/fighting.

Zarude's design is fine by me, looks kind of gremlin-esque, which I like but was also not that surprising based on the silhouette. I like the effect of its wrist vines. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it until the movie it features in, but I hope that with the new era of dlc they actually distribute it globally this time instead of making non-Japanese players wait an extra several months.

I'm in awe at how elegant Zarude's inspiration is. Monkeys use their long prehensile tails to grab and swing, and are usually depicted as swinging on vines (not sure how accurate that actually is, but whatever). It seems so obvious to make a grass monkey that uses vines just like a monkey would use its tail, and when it uses them to swing, it is literally swinging on vines.

How was this not already a thing?

Gorillas, and apes in general, don't have tails while monkeys do, making Darmanitan more gorilla/ape-like than monkey-like.
I gotcha, thanks for the biology explanation o.o
Chimchar, Slakoth, Aipom... I think there's only a single psychic-type monkey, actually.
Thinking of it, I should have said "fighting or normal type" before the introduction of Rillaboom. :mehowth:
(When I said Psychic i was thinking of Oranguru in fact)

From what the preview shows, it gets Power Whip & Swagger as moves.
That’s all I can tell in regards to moves.
Possibly bulky physical powerhouse?

I think Zarude is pretty cool. I'm not surprised about it being a monkey since it seems like the upcoming movie will have be jungle themed, so that makes sense. I like how they made it battle a Rillaboom in the trailer, two grass monkeys against each other. I get the impression that Zarude will be a Physical attacker going by its design, but who knows? Looking forward to more details about it.

So for the kanto starter raids these are just normal ones? Same with Mewtwo? Nothing special to catch then, which is fine given the limited time.

As for Zarude, I like the design just fine. When shall we see a release date? Dark and Grass also sounds nice to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)