Project SV Ubers: The Next Best Thing (Week 2: Zacian) (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
We're up with the results (sorry for the delay)!!!

Here we go with the rankings as well as the point system (related to leaderboard)!!!

Screenshot_20231205-141627.png

1. Eject Pack + Close Combat by corvere
    (8 Points)
  2. Life Orb + Shadow Claw by OreoSpeedruns
    (7 Points)
  3. Offensive U-Turn by LOrd Fernado
    (6 Points)
  4. Choice Scarf + Dual Wingbeat by Jabba
    (5 Points)
  5. Defensive Roseli Berry by Taka
    (4 Points)
  6. Swords Dance + Adrenaline Orb by PrimalKyogre
    (3 Points)
  7. Swords Dance + Endure + Reversal by Zest of Life
    (2 Points)
  8. Assault Vest Pivot by nameless90
    (1 Point)

Hearty congratulations to all the participants (especially corvere) for such a tremendous performance for the first week!! I'd expect much more contributions from you all!! The Hall of Fame & the Leaderboard (the rankings are same as the above) will be updated soon!!

I'd like to introduce y'alls to some changes we'll be experiencing!! I expect you all to read them!!

• Previous Weeks: The previous weeks will now be considered as a resource, so all the members are now allowed and highly suggested to post the sets (those who hadn't participated) or edit (the participants) for the previous week!!!
  • Hall of Fame: Though not updated (will get soon), I'd like to have a Hall of Fame to contain everything regarding the winning sets. This includes Description, Teams, Cores, Threats, Replays, Calcs, etc!!! I will now be allowed you all to post the above stuffs for any of the winning sets (whether it is yours or not). This will create more information about the sets, popularising is consequently. This is also a reminder that your submission will get better when you try to add these in your own submissions as well!!
  • Critical Reception: Just like how many members, eg: kd458 , give their views on the sets while voting, I want more such opinions, even outside the voting state. This will not only increase the clarity and suggestions to the set, but will also give a summary to the third person (viewer) about how others feel about the set, or what made others vote for this set. And yes, this will be added to the Hall of Fame!!
  • I will actually try to consult some of the active members regarding this (if they wish to), but would love if you volunteer it yourselves!!

Screenshot_20231205-081321.png

Submissions Open

Week 2: Zacian / Zacian-Crowned

:sv/zacian: :sv/zacian crowned:

Thanks to its great Attack, massive Speed, and fantastic defensive typing, Zacian (especially its Crowned form) functions as a great revenge killer and wallbreaker in Ubers!! Let's see if you can utilise it further to create the Next Best Thing!! You're allowed to create for any one of the form!!​

Zacian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Dark / Ground / Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch / Tera Blast
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fire / Ground / Flying / Water
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Substitute
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast / Wild Charge / Crunch

Submissions Deadline: Tuesday, December 12, 7:30 AM GMT

Voting Deadline: Tuesday, December 19, 7:30 AM GMT

Last edited:
Double Dance
Zacian @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Play Rough

By utilising Agility to outran other offensive pokemon, I can forgo Speed Investment and instead give hp investment to zacian, to eat out counter attacks, especially useful if you pack it with screens. You can choose to set up only one of them or both depending on the situation to make it more dangerous.

Last edited:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Life Orb SD + 3 Attacks with a twist!

Zacian @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Grass / Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge / Close Combat
- Solar Blade

Basic SD + 3 Attacks set. No reason to use this set over regular SD Zacian-C, but at least this set can break through almost every one of Zacian-C’s defensive checks, except Skeledirge. Solar Blade might seem odd, but it works well if you pair Zacian-H with Koraidon. Defensive Groundceus drops to +3 Solar Blade, Dondozo gets aptly 2HKO’d, etc. This set probably works best on Webs. Have fun!

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

+3 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Gliscor: 500-592 (141.2 - 167.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Ice Fang vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 488-576 (128 - 151.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Miraidon: 394-464 (115.5 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Zacian @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast
- Close Combat

revenges standard boosted koraidon + can tera through fire korai

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
The Hall of Fame & the Leaderboard have been updated!!! Click on the Koraidon sprite next to your name to see the sets created by you!!

Cleaner Zacian

Zacian @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Play Rough
- Crunch

With this set I'm trying to carve a niche for regular Zacian.
Facade is the main attacking move, whereas Swords Dance and the choice of Toxic Orb (over Flame Orb) allows to still use Play Rough/Crunch without the detrimental effect of the burn.
Keep in mind that the detrimental effect of Toxic Orb can be used to keep the momentum when it KOs Zacian, after having attacked.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
All Out Attacker
:sv/zacian-crowned:
Tera Type: Fire / Ghost / Flying / Ground
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge / Close Combat
- Crunch / Tera Blast / Ice Fang
instead of running sd or sub, running and all out set utilising lots of coverage make it a powerful attacker

Sub SD
Literally just using general pmon knowledge here so probably sucks for the meta.
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Set up to +6 yay

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Submissions Closed
Thanks a lot for all these tremendous sets for this week!! Also apologies for the delay!!

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. You guys probably know the drill! We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame (you need to vote for a minimum of 2 candidates & a maximum of 5). An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A.

You may use the alphabets written in front of the sets to vote.

:sv/zacian: :sv/zacian-crowned:

Week 2: (Zacian)

Screenshot_20231215-081227.png

Screenshot_20231215-081237.png

The nominees for the Pokemon who will get a Next Best Thing in the coming Cycle are as follows -->

:miraidon: :arceus: :kyogre: :flutter mane: :ting-lu: :eternatus: :groudon: :landorus: :toxapex: :calyrex-ice: :gliscor: :skeledirge:
[Note: Everything follows Species Clause, Arceus means all formes, Landorus & Giratina means both formes!!]

Voting Deadline: Friday, December 22, 7:30 AM GMT

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
A > D > C > B > E
A: this is unique and i dig it
D: standard and good
C: very non-standard and good, not as unique as others so not as high
B: i understand the set, but this does force it with koraidon, which is the only problem
E: most unique set here by far, but not as effective as the ones above
F: can't vote for mine :(
G: zero uniqueness whatsoever so no

:gliscor: > :calyrex-ice: > :flutter-mane: > :miraidon: > :giratina: (altered)

Last edited:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
C > F > D > A > E > G

Reasoning: Corvere's set is the most viable of the ones posted, while Lord Fernando's 4 Attacks Zacian-C set is also viable. The rest are fringe options at best, as there is no reason to ever use Zacian-H over Zacian-C. Set G (Sub SD) was the worst set of the bunch because Zacian-C needs all the coverage it can get + no one decent is ever letting you get to +5/6 .

:eternatus: > :gliscor: > :calyrex-ice: > :flutter-mane: > :miraidon:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
I'd like to have more of your precious votes before going to the Votes Counting Phase!!

:quagchamppogsire:
Votes are most likely done at this point. Since most of the sets posted above were mainly for the DLC1 meta, I believe it’s worthwhile resetting the leaderboard since almost all the sets are now severely outdated or outclassed.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Votes are most likely done at this point. Since most of the sets posted above were mainly for the DLC1 meta, I believe it’s worthwhile resetting the leaderboard since almost all the sets are now severely outdated or outclassed.
I'll post the voting results soon (was actually on a vacation, sorry for the delay)!!

BTW regarding the Leaderboard, unfortunately, it won't reset at any point!! The leaderboard is to show the performance of participants and not how their sets are in the latest metagame!! The Hall of Fame may not change (we had a provision in OU but it turned out a huge mess)!!

I'll clear your doubts as well, you all are allowed to edit your sets (without changing the core idea) at any point of the time even after the Week has ended (since these sets act as a resource)!!

You all are even allowed to add new sets (if you hadn't participated in that Pokemon's week), & I may add them!! Existing participants may also give more ideas, which will be added!!!

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Extremely sorry for the delay, I had actually calculated and created the result when I noticed I had missed a Vote, so had to redo the process ;-; !!

Screenshot_2024-01-05-11-32-30-255_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2024-01-05-11-29-36-079_com.android.chrome.jpg

Congratulations to corvere & her Ice Fang Zacian-Crowned set to win the Next Best Thing once again (you are the first person to win the title twice in any of my NBT in any metagame)!! The Hall of Fame & the Leaderboard will be updated shortly!!

Since we had a tie between :eternatus: & :gliscor:, we had to go via usage (in which :gliscor: wins)!!

Submissions Open

Week 3: Gliscor

:sv/gliscor:

Gliscor needs no introduction, literally. It has influenced the OU & Ubers meta by a huge margin, but utilises almost the same sets!! You guys know the drill, make a unique set for Gliscor & try to win this!! But prepare for trouble, and make it double!! This week is going to be extra challenging for you all, since we will also be banning the SV OU Next Best Thing's Gliscor Participating sets (not the participants, you may create new sets)!! This means the already refined Gliscor needs to be squeezed further in order to win The Next Best Thing!!!​

Smogdex:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Tera Type: Water
Impish / Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic / Knock Off
- Spikes

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

Next Best Thing:
Swords Dance + Scale Shot (Gliscor) @ Loaded Dice
Tera Type: Water / Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crabhammer
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance

Bulky Toxic + Substitute (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Offensive Toxic Spikes (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Water / Normal
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes
- Swords Dance / Knock Off
- Dual Wingbeat / U-Turn / Facade

U-Turn + Scary Face (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Knock Off
- Scary Face

Choice Band Slow Pivot (Gliscor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water / Bug
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Crabhammer
- U-Turn
- Dual Wingbeat

Acrobatics + Toxic Orb Fling (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Fling
- Swords Dance

Submissions Deadline: Friday, January 12, 7:30 GMT!!

Voting Deadline: Friday, January 19, 7:30 GMT!!

Momentum Gliscor
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn

- Facade
- Earthquake
This :gliscor: is a support set for the team, which provides tailwind support and helps slower teammates. U-turn is here for a pivot option, and Facade/Earthquake are generic stronk moves. EVs are to make it as fast as possible to get quick switches, with the rest dumped in attack so it doesn't hit like a wet noodle. (No, I did not put that due to a bet where I have to mention wet noodles in my next forum post)

AyushKr_PKMN can you change the thread name to week 3 gliscor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)