Project SV Ubers: The Next Best Thing (Week 2: Zacian) (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Painting_20231105075948.png

Art by Zatqer | OP adapted from SV OU Version | Hosting Permission by Fc

The Next Best Thing is a project where the users can submit & search for various creative but viable Pokemon sets, utilising the power of various underlooked & unexpected moves/items, or a combination of both in a set.

Here, you'll find many sets that might seem vague, but in reality carves out a niche in this metagame. These sets are excellent at acting as a surprise factor, which can totally change the the match.

You may also find how potent a Pokemon can be by looking, playing & even creating some out-of-the-box sets, that are definitely unworthy at first sight.

The sets here posted should obviously be viable, avoiding jokes such as Choice Band Blissey that can't be taken serious. Posting meme sets will also drive the host crazy.

Before submitting any set, you must read the Procedures, Rules & Regulations of the forum.

• Every cycle (15 days), a new Pokemon will be chosen for participants to create a new, creative yet effective sets.
  • All the existing sets (or WIPs) on the Smogdex are disallowed.
  • The participants will get 7 days to submit their sets in this forum.
  • Voting will be held in the next week.
  • All the winning sets will be kept in the Hall of Fame (see next reply).

• Be as creative as possible, but your creativity must also show some viability.
  • You may only post 1 set per cycle.
  • You are not allowed to take sets from Smogdex & WIPs.
  • Making some minor changes in the existing sets of Smogdex won't work.
  • Set explanation is a must.
  • Be detailed with your sets & replies as much as you can. You may (please) include Replies, teammates options, threats, usage tips, & even a team built around the set.
  • You are free to discuss others' sets in the Submission time, but can't discuss set after the voting begins.
  • You are allowed to suggest potential changes in others' sets, if it doesn't bother him/her.
  • You are allowed to reserve your set in this forum (not suggested though), but the reservation won't last more than 24 hours. If so, your reservation will be denied & others will get the chance to copy your set (so don't lose the opportunity).
  • Please name your sets based on the moves & items, & not random funny names.
  • You aren't allowed to copy anyone else's set, not even the reserved ones.
  • It is illegal to post illegal sets. If found doing such illegal stuff, you'll be declared illegal from this very Legal forum.
  • You are allowed to change your set before the Voting begins (though this may create confusions & isn't recommended).
  • You can't vote for your own set.
  • Creating new accounts to vote, manipulating others to vote your sets & other such tricks are strictly forbidden. If found, you'll be banned from posting here.
  • Try to avoid double-posting.
  • If you have any queries regarding this post, prefer asking me personally through Conversations or Profile Posts. Avoid asking questions on this forum.
  • Adhere the Forum Rules & be polite with other members here.
  • At last, the most important rule. Just Have Fun :quagchamppogsire:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Hall Of Fame
:koraidon:
:sv/koraidon: :eject pack:

Eject Pack (Koraidon) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

Set By: corvere

This set forces damage on checks like Groudon, Arceus-Water, etc, & gains momentum with a very strong Swords Dance boosted Close Combat!!

List of Participating Sets (Total 8)

1. Eject Pack + Close Combat by corvere
    (8 Points)
  2. Life Orb + Shadow Claw by OreoSpeedruns
    (7 Points)
  3. Offensive U-Turn by LOrd Fernado
    (6 Points)
  4. Choice Scarf + Dual Wingbeat by Jabba
    (5 Points)
  5. Defensive Roseli Berry by Taka
    (4 Points)
  6. Swords Dance + Adrenaline Orb by Primal Kyogre
    (3 Points)
  7. Swords Dance + Endure + Reversal by Zest of Life
    (2 Points)
  8. Assault Vest Pivot by nameless90
    (1 Point)

Leaderboard
  • Only the top 10 participants participated in this project with the highest points are part of this Leaderboard.
  • All the participants are arranged in the descending order of their points.
  • Points (for a week) = Total Participants in the Week - Your Rank in the Week + 1
  • All the points for a participant are summed up for the Total Points.
  • If there is a tie for a rank, then the members are arranged in Alphabetical order, both getting the same rank.
  • Click on the sprite in the All Sets column to see all the sets by the user.
  • The sprites for the All Sets are decided based upon the best performing week for that participant.
  • The rises/drops column means how many ranks has the Participant rose/dropped from the previous week.

RankParticipantAll SetsPointsRise/Drop
1corvere:koraidon:8+8
2OreoSpeedruns:koraidon:7+7
3LOrd Fernado:koraidon:6+6
4Jabba:koraidon:5+5
5Taka:koraidon:4+4
6PrimalKyogre:koraidon:3+3
7Zest of Life:koraidon:2+2
8nameless90:koraidon:1+1

Last edited:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Welcome to the SV Ubers Next Best Thing. Kindly read the Procedures & Rules before submitting. To get to the top of leaderboard, you should definitely start posting great sets from this very first week.

Will be looking forward for your contributions!!

Submissions Open

Week 1: Koraidon

:Sv/koraidon:

With great coverage & high attack stats thanks to Orichaculum Pulse, Koraidon is the best Wallbreaker, Sweeper & Revenge Killer. Let's see if we find some more utilisation of its coverage & versatility.​

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Fire / Steel
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick / Collision Course
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Tera Type: Ghost / Fire
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick

Koraidon @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting / Steel
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick / Close Combat
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Koraidon @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick / Drain Punch / Stomping Tantrum
- Stomping Tantrum / Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance / Flare Blitz / Dragon Claw
- Flame Charge / Flare Blitz

Submissions Deadline: Friday, November 24, 7:30 AM GMT

Voting Deadline: Friday, December 1, 7:30 AM GMT

Assault Vest Koraidon

Koraidon @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Koraidon has good usable stats all around, including a good natural bulk that is criminally underlooked.
Assault Vest allows Koraidon to win the 1vs1 situation towards Kyogre, while checking Flutter Mane after using Tera Fire. It also allows it to stay in towards faster threats in order to use U-turn to keep the momentum.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Koraidon: 240-284 (70.3 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tera Fire Koraidon: 135-159 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

The extra bulk provided by Assault Vest allows this pokemon to use Flare Blitz another time

The loss in power is noticeable, but you gain the possibility to soft check some Uber threats (=additional defensive utility to your team).

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Koraidon @ Roseli Berry
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flame Charge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Play Rough vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Roseli Berry Koraidon: 320-380 (83.9 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
eject pack

Koraidon @ Eject Pack
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

you force damage on checks like groudon, arc formes like water, etc and gain momentum at the same time with a v strong +2 cc

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
Offensive Pivot
:sv/koraidon:
Koraidon @ Heavy-Duty-Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fire / Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick / Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- Taunt
- U-turn
despite not having any immunities, koraidon can switch into Pokemon like kyogre and ting-lu, and cripples gliscor and glimmora with taunt. tera type is for either zacian-c or espeed arc and shadow tag. (this is also based on corvere’s miraidon set btw)

Last edited:

PrimalKyogre

AG Circuit Champion
Adrenaline Orb Koraidon!

Koraidon @ Adrenaline Orb
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Lures and sets up on Landorus-T using Adrenaline Orb and Tera Flying. The set is fairly standard to remain somewhat useful in the event that your opponent does not have a Landorus-T.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Endure + Reversal with a (Tera-tastic!) twist

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice / Fist Plate / Protective Pads
Tera Type: Ghost / Fighting / Fire
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot / Flame Charge
- Endure
- Reversal

This set aims to bring back an old ADV Tech in Endure + Reversal. Use either Scale Shot or Flame Charge to boost speed, then tank a hit with Endure and start spamming 200 BP STAB Reversal over and over. Depending on whether you choose to run Scale Shot or Flame Charge, things like Skeledirge or Flutter Mane end up walling this set. I prefer Scale Shot for being able to blow past things more consistently at +2, but the move slot is flexible. If running Scale Shot, Tera Ghost prevents Arceus and Rayquaza from Revenge Killing. If running Flame Charge, Tera Fighting + Fist Plate boosts the power of Reversal to insane levels. Protective Pads help avoid Rocky Helmet recoil, but forces you to commit to Tera Fighting.

+2 252 Atk Fist Plate Orichalcum Pulse Tera Fighting Koraidon Reversal (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 470-554 (106 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Tera Fighting Koraidon Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 318-375 (104.6 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Tera Fighting Koraidon Reversal (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 345-406 (90.5 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Edit: Tera Fire is another decent option if running Flame Charge, as it powers the move up and provides a burn immunity. I also added a room tour replay showing how the set works.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1997125263

Last edited:
Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Dragon
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick

Very similar to the standard choice scarf, but Dual Wingbeat out speeds Ribombee and OHKO's through sash, which avoids sticky webs from being set up. I use this set because my hyper offense team usually loses the other offense teams if the opponent sets up sticky webs. otherwise it fuctions pretty similar to other scarf Koraidon

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Submissions Closed
I first of all welcome you all to this project. This first week went tremendously great (sorry for the delay, I was sick). I'll be looking forward for more such amazing sets in the coming weeks.

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame. An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A. You only need to vote for 5 of them (maximum) & a minimum of 2. You may even give you justifications for your votes (highly suggested), and are prohibited to vote for your own set.

Click on the name of the set to get the PokePaste for it. You may use the alphabets in front of the sets to vote!

Week-1 Koraidon
A: Assault Vest Pivot :assault vest: by nameless90

B: Defensive Roseli Berry :roseli berry: by Taka

C: Eject Pack + Close Combat :eject pack: by corvere

D: LO + Shadow Claw :life orb: by OreoSpeedruns

E: Offensive U-Turn :heavy-duty boots: by LOrd Fernado

F: SD + Adrenaline Orb :adrenaline orb: by PrimalKyogre

G: SD Endure + Reversal :loaded dice: by Zest of Life

H: Scarf + Dual Wingbeat :choice scarf: by Jabba

We've commenced another voting that you'll be doing along with this one (in the same reply). That is choosing the next cycle's Pokemon. Each week, 5 Pokemon will be chosen. For voting, just put a mini sprites in your reply in order & I'll understand. Remember, the same Ranked Pair rules apply here (min. 2 & max. 5)

The nominees for the Pokemon who will get a Next Best Thing in the coming Cycle are as follows -->

:miraidon: :zacian-crowned: :arceus-fairy: :arceus ground: :kyogre: :flutter mane: :ting-lu: :eternatus: :groudon: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :calyrex-ice:

Voting Deadline: Monday, December 4, 7:30 AM GMT

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Apologies if I don't get this right. I might be too dumb to understand how the voting works

H > B

My top vote is H, scarf dual wingmiss by jabba. My reason is that it's simply the most practical one considering how strong Ribombee is. If I have to vote for another, it's roseli berry by Taka, my reason being because there's always going to be at least one fairy type thanks to Miraidon so the set has higher chance of being less matchup fishy

As for the next mon nominees

:zacian-crowned: > :miraidon: > :kyogre: > :eternatus:

Last edited:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Apologies if I don't get this right. I might be too dumb to understand how the voting works

My top vote is H, scarf dual wingmiss by jabba. My reason is that it's simply the most practical one considering how strong Ribombee is. If I have to vote for another, it's roseli berry by Taka, my reason being because there's always going to be at least one fairy type thanks to Miraidon so the set has higher chance of being less matchup fishy

As for the next mon nominees

:zacian-crowned: > :miraidon: > :kyogre: > :eternatus:
Your thoughts were correct, but not the method. Though this vote is acceptable, it makes my task harder while counting votes (I might've missed your vote for Taka). The correct method is to use alphabets, for your case :->

H > B (just like you did for the Nominees of the Next Week)

After that you may use Spoilers, Bullet Points or even paragraphs to justify them. Nevertheless, thanks for the vote

E > A > D > G > K

#1, E: Really cool way to pivot with a mixed set, I might swap out U-turn for Spikes personally just to get em up on switches then pivot out with Leaf Storm but I like this a lot.
#2, A: This is kinda just a standard HDB Meow but with HP instead of Atk invest, I like the idea though I don't know if I'd like more bulk or better offensive presence on this mon.
#3, D: Great surprise factor and hits a lot for super effective or for massive damage and Trick is a cool option to disable switch-ins after they figure out the gimmick.
#4, G: Again, this is mainly just a standard scarf Meow but it drops Knock to run two of the coverage options that it wants, pretty cool idea.
#5, K: Ebelt Meow is cool when it gets such good coverage, just a shame that Protean means it's only getting STAB on one of the moves so you won't really wanna switch up moves to actually take advantage of the ebelt.
For those who don't know the correct format of voting, here's an example of an ideal vote from SV OU Next Best Thing!!

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Submissions Closed
I first of all welcome you all to this project. This first week went tremendously great (sorry for the delay, I was sick). I'll be looking forward for more such amazing sets in the coming weeks.

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame. An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A. You only need to vote for 5 of them (maximum) & a minimum of 2. You may even give you justifications for your votes (highly suggested), and are prohibited to vote for your own set.

Click on the name of the set to get the PokePaste for it. You may use the alphabets in front of the sets to vote!

Week-1 Koraidon
A: Assault Vest Pivot :assault vest: by nameless90

B: Defensive Roseli Berry :roseli berry: by Taka

C: Eject Pack + Close Combat :eject pack: by corvere

D: LO + Shadow Claw :life orb: by OreoSpeedruns

E: Offensive U-Turn :heavy-duty boots: by LOrd Fernado

F: SD + Adrenaline Orb :adrenaline orb: by PrimalKyogre

G: SD Endure + Reversal :protective pads: by Zest of Life

H: Scarf + Dual Wingbeat :choice scarf: by Jabba

We've commenced another voting that you'll be doing along with this one (in the same reply). That is choosing the next cycle's Pokemon. Each week, 5 Pokemon will be chosen. For voting, just put a mini sprites in your reply in order & I'll understand. Remember, the same Ranked Pair rules apply here (min. 2 & max. 5)

The nominees for the Pokemon who will get a Next Best Thing in the coming Cycle are as follows -->

:miraidon: :zacian-crowned: :arceus-fairy: :arceus ground: :kyogre: :flutter mane: :ting-lu: :eternatus: :groudon: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :calyrex-ice:

Voting Deadline: Monday, December 4, 7:30 AM GMT
Before I vote, I wanted to mention that Loaded Dice and Fist Plate are preferred options on SD + Reversal, not Protective Pads. The item next to Koraidon should be Loaded Dice.

That said, my voting order is: D > C > B > E > F

Reasoning: Oreo’s set is perhaps the most viable of all the sets posted. Tera Ghost Koraidon can 2HKO Dirge and is nigh impossible to stop once it’s set up. Taka’s Defensive Koraidon set was extremely creative and maintains utility. Corvere’s Eject Pack Koraidon is a pretty cool concept. However, it doesn’t work well when playing against Webs teams, leaving Koraidon effectively itemless. Jabba’s set is the same as normal Scarf Korai and should probably be Jolly. Having to run Dual Wingbeat to get rid of Ribombee is fine, but the move isn’t 100% acc and you might end up losing Koraidon to Moonblast if it misses. Finally, I liked the concept of Primal Kyogre’s set, but it is incredibly niche. The other two sets (AV Korai + Pivot Korai) shouldn’t be run as Korai needs all the breaking power it can get from either SD or a damage boosting item.

For future weeks, I’d like to see:
1701096922306.png
>
1701096942655.png
>
1701096958800.png
>
1701096978426.png
>
1701096994974.png

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Before I vote, I wanted to mention that Loaded Dice and Fist Plate are preferred options on SD + Reversal, not Protective Pads. The item next to Koraidon should be Loaded Dice.

That said, my voting order is: D > C > B > E > F

Reasoning: Oreo’s set is perhaps the most viable of all the sets posted. Tera Ghost Koraidon can 2HKO Dirge and is nigh impossible to stop once it’s set up. Taka’s Defensive Koraidon set was extremely creative and maintains utility. Corvere’s Eject Pack Koraidon is a pretty cool concept. However, it doesn’t work well when playing against Webs teams, leaving Koraidon effectively itemless. Jabba’s set is the same as normal Scarf Korai and should probably be Jolly. Having to run Dual Wingbeat to get rid of Ribombee is fine, but the move isn’t 100% acc and you might end up losing Koraidon to Moonblast if it misses. Finally, I liked the concept of Primal Kyogre’s set, but it is incredibly niche. The other two sets (AV Korai + Pivot Korai) shouldn’t be run as Korai needs all the breaking power it can get from either SD or a damage boosting item.

For future weeks, I’d like to see: View attachment 574531 > View attachment 574532>View attachment 574533>View attachment 574534>View attachment 574535
Sorry for that! I usually ask for the preview, but I couldn't this time (I was ill & it was already very late). People usually prefer to put up the most fascinating/rare item, attracting them to see a new type of set. Fixed!!

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i think the most important criteria for winning a week of this project is usability aka: why would you ever wanna run THIS particular set and not classic scarf or classic sd koraidon ? only two sets can answer this question for me, the other sets are outclassed completely in terms of interest.

H > B

(h should be u turn>dclaw but w/e)

:groudon: > :zacian-crowned:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
i think the most important criteria for winning a week of this project is usability aka: why would you ever wanna run THIS particular set and not classic scarf or classic sd koraidon ? only two sets can answer this question for me, the other sets are outclassed completely in terms of interest.

H > B

(h should be u turn>dclaw but w/e)

:groudon: > :zacian-crowned:
Well, you're definitely allowed to discuss possible suggestions and changes in the submission round (not the votes though).. But you propose a change after the voting has begun (until the WildCard Week, i.e Week 11). These suggestions are highly accepted, so thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)