Project SV OU: The Next Best Thing (Week 11: Iron Moth) (Votings Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SubSeed Meowscarada

:sv/meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass / Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick

Substitute allows Meowscarada to block status and sponge hits to gain free turns, and can be set up on Pokemon that it forces out. Leech Seed heals Meowscarada while wearing down foes, and works well with Substitute. When their powers combine, you get a fast stallbreaker that can break down and otherwise annoy walls and the occasional slower mon that lacks priority.
You meant Overgrow, right?

I was expecting to return this from hiatus when Pokémon Home released but TPC trolled us all.

1685033385244.jpeg

The voting phase for week 4 is now over. The winner is incorolla with Eject Pack Meowscarada! Congrats; your set has been added to the Hall of Fame in the OP.

Week 5: Ting-Lu

:sv/Ting-Lu:

Ting-Lu is an excellent tank and hazard setter due to being obscenely bulky and having access to Stealth Rock and Spikes. It has a nice defensive typing and access to Whirlwind too. This week we will see what else it can accomplish. What will be The Next Best Thing?

Banned sets:
Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Tera Type: Poison / Fairy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes / Ruination
- Whirlwind / Ruination
- Earthquake

Submissions Deadline: Sunday May 28,11:59 PM PST

Voting Deadline: Wednesday May 11:59 PM PST

Rest + Spite Ting-Lu

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Tera Type: Poison
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Spite
- Ruination
- Earthquake

This set uses Rest + Leftovers to keep Ting-Lu alive as much as possible, which is likely to happen thanks to its ability Vessel of Ruin. Spite is a really underrated move towards moves (especially those with 16 PP or less) because it depletes 4 uses at once, which is a lot. Many recovery moves have 16 PP or less, for example, and Spite allows Ting-Lu to pressure careless threats.
This means that the opponent can use less options throughout the game.
24 Spe EVs are enough to outspeed by 2 points 0 Spe EVs Hippowdon.

Team(mates) support
Teammates with Pressure are welcome.

Last edited:
CHOICE BAND TERA ELECTRIC

Celeriac (Ting-Lu) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Throat Chop
- Heavy Slam / Spikes
- Tera Blast

Choice Band is a great option on Ting anyway, making them much less passive. EQ hits so much harder, often 2HKOing most Tusk variants among others.
Throat Chop is a useful neutral option, and messes with the rare Sylveon among others. Heavy Slam is mainly for Hatterene, but you can go with Spikes if you want - you're rarely clicking this move lol
The key part of the set is Tera Blast Electric. Counters like Corviknight get nuked, checks like Azu are zapped, and it's a very strong neutral option alongside TC. It also helps you take advantage of your bulk more, only being weak to ground.

Last edited:
AV ting Lu

:Sv/ting Lu:

Ting-Lu @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Fighting / Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

The AV set is simple: AV lets it tank hits easily, and hit back pretty hard. Heavy slam is for fairies and a strong move. Body slam is nice to annoy Mons with paras, to stop sweepers, and body press hits :meowscarada: and :kingambit:, as well as tera normal :dragonite:.

HO Lead (Alike SR Spikes Chomp)

Ting-Lu @ Rocky Helmet
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Memento
- Earthquake

Functionally it was similar to Garchomp, but the main different factor is Memento, a move that gives set up opportunities for its teamates.
It was really simple as that

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock/eq
- Spikes /Eq
- eq/Whirlwind

I call my set. FUCK YOU HATTERENE

Are you tired of stupid blobs blocking all ur hazards and calm minding on you while you can't phase them out?
I have a solution for you.

This set gives Ting lu the exact evs needed to always 2hko both hat sets without terra
160 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 170-200 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
160 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 116+ Def Hatterene: 182-216 (57.4 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

What this then means is that due to hats even WORSE speed tier ting lu then has the advantage in the 1v1 and it gives you a powerful predict in case you think a hat is coming in, this will then allow you to continue your hazard stacking and phasing in peace. You can even whirlwind yourself out of the 1v1 for momentum if you think hat will terra water or something.

Personally I would use EQ over one of the other moves as with 160 attack investment + ting lus high base and stab on eq, you really really want it.

This set also allows ting lu to ohko iron val with terra and lets ting lu 2hko bax as well. (while it can surprise bolth and even if they manage to predict right it still lives their strongest attacks and puts them in range of priority moves from teammates)

there's also one more use. YOU CAN BREAK CRINGE TAIL 160 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Scream Tail: 218-258 (54.3 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Ting-lu remains a fat pokemon but can now threaten mons who would directly deny the hazard stacking as well as act as an emergency check to top tier threats in baxcalibur and iron valiant, so if you're running a hazard stack team with other mons like gholdengo, it might be useful to use this ting lu set to help make sure hazards actually go up.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind / Stealth Rock
- Rest / Protect
Not a very transformative innovation but very impactful. Rest allows Ting Lu to appear on full-on stall teams, while Ting Lu has 2 immunities and gargantuan bulk to pass rest turns. It also consistently handles block Garg unless it gets tera ghost cursed while already asleep. Meanwhile protect is moreso there for the bulky offense and balance builds it’s already incredibly good on, easing prediction against choiced switch-ins/whirlwind-ins and granting it extra lefties recovery. Your opponent subbing on your protect is irrelevant as well thanks to whirlwind, and even setup may not end up being a huge concern thanks to whirlwind and its bulk (and you should have a solid idea of who is and is not likely to carry setup). The two moves serve fairly different purposes and fit on different team styles without a doubt, but I figured as both moves aim to improve your overall longevity I’d just bundle them together.

it’s snover -> we backsculin

Week 5 submission phase is now over!

Please vote for one submission as this week’s winner. You may not vote for your own submission.

Week 5: Ting-Lu

Rest + Spite :Leftovers: by nameless90

Choice Band Tera Electric :Choice Band: by incorolla

Assault Vest :Assault Vest: by Poke nerd

Sand Tomb Trapper :Leftovers: by Lobby Eeveee

Hyper Offense Lead :Rocky Helmet: by Bruh Wobuffet

“FUCK YOU HATTERENE” :Leftovers: by Ryomathekillers

Rest or Protect :Leftovers: by Whaloob

The voting deadline will be Sunday June 11, 11:59 PM PST. The post-Home slate will begin on Wednesday June 14. (bellibolt pog:bellipog:)

FUCK YOU HATTERENE. That's my vote.

Hatterene enthusiasts really do hate it :eeveehide:

If I'm using Grassy Terrain, think Ruination would be a god substitute?

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
While JTD783 is inactive, I'll be temporarily taking the charge of The Next Best Thing.

Congrats to Lobby Eeveee for the Sand Tomb Trapper Ting-Lu set. The Hall of Fame has been updated (Archive will be updated soon).

Submissions Open

Week 6: Kingambit
:SV/Kingambit:
Despite having poor speed tiers, Kingambit is undoubtedly one of the best potent Wincon & Cleaner, due to great attack stats, decent typings, ability & strong priority move, making it terrifying to face against.The enarmous usage in the previous month shows how monstrous this thing is. Barely surviving the last Suspect Test, this Sushi Knife sees another day. Let's give it the Next Best Thing before it gets banned (maybe).

Offensive (Kingambit) @ Lum Berry / Black Glasses / Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Dark / Fire
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Iron Head / Low Kick
- Swords Dance / Low Kick
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

Bulky Swords Dance (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Flying
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance (Kingambit) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Fairy
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Submissions Deadline: Sunday August 20, 7:30 AM GMT

Voting Deadline: Wednesday August 23, 7:30 AM GMT

Last edited:
Cold Steel (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 236 HP / 92 Atk / 156 Def / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Tera Blast

You're all likely thinking I'm insane. Well, you're right but hear me out.

I first made this set as a joke but in the time that I've had to test it it's performed remarkably well and I eventually plan to make a team with it for an RMT so be on the lookout for that. The basis of the set is to completely flip the script on Pokemon like :Dragonite: lacking Encore, :Great Tusk: lacking head smash, :Baxcalibur: and :Landorus-Therian: with the help of chilly reception support from Slowking G, who typically gets destroyed by the above mentioned Pokemon. I'm going to leave some calcs so read them before you write me off. Enjoy.

252 Atk Baxcalibur Glaive Rush vs. 236 HP / 156 Def Tera Ice Kingambit in Snow: 108-127 (27 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

92+ Atk Tera Ice Kingambit Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Baxcalibur in Snow: 188-222 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Glaive Rush

232 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 156 Def Tera Ice Kingambit in Snow: 88-105 (22 - 26.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 92+ Atk Tera Ice Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 384-456 (120.3 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tera Normal Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 236 HP / 156 Def Tera Ice Kingambit in Snow: 92-110 (23 - 27.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 92+ Atk Tera Ice Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 416-492 (95.8 - 113.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

4 Atk Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 236 HP / 156 Def Tera Ice Kingambit in Snow: 164-194 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Iron Valiant Close Combat vs. 236 HP / 156 Def Tera Ice Kingambit in Snow: 198-234 (49.5 - 58.5%) -- 60.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

92+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Ice Kingambit Tera Blast vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 280-331 (96.8 - 114.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
[hide/]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)