Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the squad that I've been using recently:

:chien_pao: :garganacl: :grimmsnarl: :orthworm: :great_tusk: :espathra:

Chien Pao is obviously a very heavy hitter, if it gets banned idk what I'll swap it out with but probably another heavy hitter. Garganacl is the obvious stalwart that eats hits for breakfast. Great Tusk is a very solid all-out attacker, with its STABs + Knock Off and Rapid Spin being great support. In fact, if you can get a KO with Rapid Spin, you're in a very good position to start cleaning up the opposing team. The real highlight, though, is the trio of Grimmsnarl, Orthworm, and Espathra. This core is focused on getting Espathra in as safely as possible and allowing it to set up as safely as possible, with dual screens, Parting Shot, Shed Tail, and even Stealth Rock support if possible. This is a really good position for Espathra to set up with Calm Mind + Speed Boost and then start sweeping with Stored Power and Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam to hit as many Pokemon for major damage as possible.

I feel like this may have already been discussed before, though, and this may just be redundant.

Chien Pao is obviously a very heavy hitter, if it gets banned idk what I'll swap it out with but probably another heavy hitter. Garganacl is the obvious stalwart that eats hits for breakfast. Great Tusk is a very solid all-out attacker, with its STABs + Knock Off and Rapid Spin being great support. In fact, if you can get a KO with Rapid Spin, you're in a very good position to start cleaning up the opposing team. The real highlight, though, is the trio of Grimmsnarl, Orthworm, and Espathra. This core is focused on getting Espathra in as safely as possible and allowing it to set up as safely as possible, with dual screens, Parting Shot, Shed Tail, and even Stealth Rock support if possible. This is a really good position for Espathra to set up with Calm Mind + Speed Boost and then start sweeping with Stored Power and Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam to hit as many Pokemon for major damage as possible.

I feel like this may have already been discussed before, though, and this may just be redundant.
we can't view the team :(

I see this team so damn often it isn't even funny. Good thing that Skeledirge just steps all over this.

I love just leading Dirge into Grim and just clicking Sub into Torch Song over and over and over again.
I get:
Two free outgoing hit
One free incoming hit

You get:
Smacked
Yeah, in a scenario like that, if I lead with Grimmsnarl, I'd have to do some major predicting to be able to get out of that one. Like using Parting Shot immediately to get in Great Tusk, with the following Torch Song only bringing Dirge back to neutral

Yeah, in a scenario like that, if I lead with Grimmsnarl, I'd have to do some major predicting to be able to get out of that one. Like using Parting Shot immediately to get in Great Tusk, with the following Torch Song only bringing Dirge back to neutral
You'd actually be in the 1% of Grim players that would actually do that. Some lead with Taunt, most lead with Light Screen.

Update: This team no longer exists because both Chien-Pao and Espathra are banned to Ubers. Crazy

Cinderace + Chien-Pao Bulky Offence

View attachment 481458View attachment 481453View attachment 481454View attachment 481455View attachment 481456View attachment 481457
(click here for team)

Here's a team I made around the potent attacking core of cinderace and chien-pao. I've had decent success with it, breaking onto the SV OU ladder for the first time and peaking at 1700+. The aim of the team is to apply pressure and rack up damage through ace and pao + hazards, with scarf valiant in the back for sweeping late game. Valiant is an excellent sweeper, and it takes many people off guard who don't expect scarf. The defensive core of ting-lu + rotom-w + amoonguss is also really strong and checks the majority of the meta.

The team has no defog or rapid spin, so the hazard control duties are left to Cinderace. Court change is easy to use with the amount of switches cinderace forces, and it's presence alone is often enough to deter players from trying to hazard stack.

Enjoy the team :)​
This team's a banger. I love VoltTurn and Amoonguss. After the Chien-Pao ban I've had success replacing it with Choice Band Dragapult with basically the same gameplan. It can hit nearly as hard as Pao, outspeeds any nonboosted mon in the format (making it a top-tier revenge killer), and I've found it has great coverage with Valiant. It also has U-Turn which creates a pretty great VoltTurn core with Rotom and Cinderace

Last edited:
This team's a banger. I love VoltTurn and Amoonguss. After the Chien-Pao ban I've had success replacing it with Choice Band Dragapult with basically the same gameplan. It can hit nearly as hard as Pao, outspeeds any nonboosted mon in the format (making it a top-tier revenge killer), and I've found it has great coverage with Valiant. It also has U-Turn which creates a pretty great VoltTurn core with Rotom and Cinderace
Cheers mate, glad you're enjoying it. Yeah pult is a good replacement, you can even run adamant which outspeeds everything unboosted now that chien-pao is gone. Jolly just has the bonus of outspeeding some scarfers and +1 mons

this isn't necessarily the most heat set but

:ss/garchomp:

UNCHAINED chomp (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 8 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

i find that using rock slide + 240 speed to beat volc is extremely useful, as being able to pick off the bug without any troubles improves your matchup spread immensely. as previously stated, speed evs allow you to barely outspeed +0 volc. 8 hp evs minimizes lo damage, 252 to spatk, and the rest goes into attack to maximize eq damage.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:torkoal::slither-wing::iron-moth::brute-bonnet::great-tusk::hatterene:
https://pokepast.es/9793fa5e99b1946b

one moth. two moth. two moth sun for my fellow moth enthusiasts. happy tuesday

- slither wing set is designed to set up on tusk and can be a really good win condition. usually better as a dedicated option, can somewhat respond to tusk and make it easier to pivot around. max attack is more explosive but max hp lets you actually 1v1 chipped bulk up tusk w/ leech life so it's your call.
- bonnet does bonnet things. i like the resists, spore, and bulk quite a bit but you can use ceruledge here too. can use tera flying too
- iron moth uses speed boosting quark drive, w/ the sun fiery dance is super spammable and moth can not only break but be a spooky win condition.
- tusk does tusk things, punishes u-turns that come into bonnet while also being a dedicated option to remove/weaken dnite which gives this team a run for its money otherwise
- hatterene is a fixture on most suns. not much else to say there
- torkoal is the torkoal of all time

watch out for bulk up ceruledge, that's the main bad mu. hf

https://pokepast.es/99d065b985955c2c

Hello everyone, I hope y'all are having a nice day. This is a BO team (my favorite archetype ever) which is working pretty well for me, and I thought it'd be cool to share it here.

Dondozo: People expect curse dozo, so this is pretty cool to nuke some shit with Wave Crash. Tera electric eats enemy dondozo and the least common corviknight and pex. Also switches into SD gambit pretty well
Iron Treads: You can run this offensive or just sr pivot, but I rather doing damage with treads as I already have Rotom for that. It spins, it kills. Enough for me to justify it
Gholdengo: I like Recover more than Focus Blast. Nothing to add here, it's fucking Gholdengo and the speed control of the team
Rotom-Wash: I love this mon. Can spread burn everywhere without being punished at all while also volt switchin' on everyone. Those chip damages are amazing for gambit to clean late-game
Kingambit: Just SD gambit, it does its work. Tera dark kowtow cleave crushes stall, and anything that switchs in really. Just keep it healthy
Hatterene: Hazard control and support, eject button helps you keep momentum and that's pretty much it. You can tera normal and nuzzle on gholdengo, too, which is very nice. Healing Wish is amazing, too, specially for gambit

Notes:
You're going to waste tera on gambit most of the time
You lack of special wall, but usually that's not a problem. You can EV Hatterene to take special hits but being hable to eat an EQ of tusk and -almost- kill it is always good
Not having rocks setter is not as bad as it seems, trust me! -or don't-

That's pretty much it, let me know what are your thoughts!

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
New broken mon guys

https://pokepast.es/e513a2f1f62a3605

I just threw some sun staples together with walking wake our new sun sweeper.

- Torkoal + Great Tusk: Necessary sun staples moving on
- Hatterene: Free pivot into one of your offensive mons (usually Wake)
- Wake: Team wincon and the mon you want to Tera. It's Tera Steel'd so you don't lose to other Walking Wake and Dragon-types.
- Brute Bonnet: Revenge killer and status spreader. Really terrifying under sun.
- Gholdengo: 2nd Speed control just in case Walking Wake gets KOed (mostly from a missed Hydro Pump from my experience)

Usual gameplan is Torkoal ---> Hatterene ---> Wake

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Going to go ahead and dump some older teams. They're outdated with the release of Walking Wake which sort of obliterated my builder after giving it a test run and facing a handful of them. Can provide people ideas/brainstorming in the future.

:meowscarada::great-tusk::kingambit::dragapult::rotom-wash::garganacl:

Vertex was farming the ladder a bit with this, which I didn't expect cause I sort of built in like 2 minutes lol. Glasses Cat with broken Block Garg. You block Amoonguss, Loom, Pex, and Valiant among other situational things this team can have some issues with. It's fine to Tera Garg early for poisons defensively qualities and to stomach Valiant. Everything else is kind of boring.

:greninja::garchomp::gholdengo::kingambit::rotom-wash::dragonite:

Lead ninja, The Wu Tang Clan. This team is also pretty weak to a well played Quag along with Valiant mentioned in pastebin so choosing your sacks/tera is pretty important. Icy wind is so Roaring Moon doesn't just 6-0, helps to control pacing.

:wo-chien::great-tusk::dragapult::rotom-wash::iron-moth::gholdengo:

Look at all those Walking Wake switch ins lmfao . I wanted to use Wo-Chien for awhile, the set Emvee used on his vid with Mean Look seemed really cool and the only one that felt viable with it. Trapping moves in general are/or were depending on how the meta evolves are underrated (Sand Tomb TingLu, Mean Look, Block, etc.) Then I just added some degenerate stuff.

https://pokepast.es/aa8fac0b26bf7b68
I love trolling people with this team. Pretty uncreative terras, but every pokemon is very annoyin to deal with.
You could also use life orb on Garchomp instead. Basically, the idea of the team is to just set up with whatever you want (except Walking Wake)

dropping an outdated team, feel free to toy around with it to adapt to the meta.

https://pokepast.es/3cd8b5a91e679201

:sv/Amoonguss: :sv/Ting-Lu: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Great_Tusk: :sv/Dragapult: :sv/Rotom-Wash:

pretty simple hazard stack team designed to hard punish certain cores like Garganacl/Skeledirge. This team is not super offensive so it's sometimes best to play patient. Volcarona is hard, I recommend keeping Pult alive at all costs to deal with it. TWave is on Wash instead of wisp to deal with Baxcalibur which is otherwise an unwinnable matchup.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:zoroark-hisui::iron-moth::gholdengo::walking-wake::ting-lu::great-tusk:
https://pokepast.es/aedd0a8212477a50

yall want to use hisuian zoroark in ou? do you want to mix up your walking wake action? peep this double phaser hazard stack

hisuian zoroark: wisphex zoro is the way to use it in this tier. lure tusks, corvs, ting-lus, and clodsires and cripple with wisp. target poisons like clodsire and pex and make walking wake/moth/great tusk even bigger nightmares to deal with in the long run. disguising as ting-lu is not really possible because of vessel of ruin but youll prolly catch someone not paying attention. solid offensive disruptive pivot and potential win condition w/ hex. tera fighting tera blast lets you smite kingambit which can be annoying if tusk is trying to do too much, and tera blast outside of tera is stab-boosted so it can work independently. you can def replace zoroark with like, pult if you want smth more consistent, but this mon is fun lol.

iron moth: tspiker which enables zoroark and makes phasing more threatening, another pivot, and potential win condition. tera bug lets you spike in front of tusk and marginally boosts the damage of u-turn which actually can count for hisuian zoroark who really appreciates whatever chip it can get if ur not running spell tag. if youre desperate for tspikes or just need the opposing tusk to btfo the tera can be valuable but otherwise ur not using it too often. tera grass eball > u-turn can work too

gholdengo: gives the team speed control and trick is nice as fuck. use whatever tera type you want, but i like flying and stab teras. blocks defog, can clean, and with trick supports phasing spam

walking wake: weird as shit set. subroar has seen some ladder play but this is my take on it. the spread is so subs can live clodsire quake and defensive rotom-wash volt switch, with enough speed for tusk/bax. even with minimal investment to spatk it still stings like a bitch and honestly decks the shit out of sun/rain, and conveniently is still strong enough to 2hko standard dirge. the idea is to abuse clodsire for leverage to roar and easily force everything else to take hazard damage or get tspike poisoned, while still being able to pressure everything else as needed. tera fairy lets you snipe opposing wake

ting lu: standard ting lu which uses tera ghost so you can aggressively hazard stack on rapid spinners and keep your shit up. tera is not up for debate, absolutely has to be ghost. this is usually the mon you tera

great tusk: bulk up tusk is an awesome win condition once stuff is whittled down. between knock to open up hazards and rapid spin to keep hazards clear. tera fire ensures we dont die to flower trick and also sets up on volcarona/valiant. +1 speed will outspeed meow. this mon teras decently often but not as much as ting lu

meowscarada is a pain in the ass to deal with and is the main bad mu, with a shoutout to baxcalibur. both are doable tho w/ teras. hf

replay of how much fun the team can be. sorta mid ladder since i'm on an alt but you can kinda see the cycle and how it generally operates
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1813733221

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
H-Zoroark Webs HO
:sv/dragapult: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/masquerain: :sv/zoroark-hisui: :sv/great-tusk: :sv/kingambit:
https://pokepast.es/cf6ebf4065eee2f9

This team got me back up to mid-1700s after struggling to build a good team in the new Walking Wake meta, so I thought I would share it here. Three Ghost-types make it very difficult to remove webs, and the team doesn't even need webs to create great pressure as an HO team. Replays below.

Triple Ghost Core: :dragapult: :gholdengo: :zoroark-hisui:

Having three Ghost-types on the team makes removing Sticky Web very difficult.

:dragapult: Dragapult is able to win games on its own (as shown in some of the replays below). Teams are not well-equipped for SubWisp, and Dragapult is able to easily pass burns, revenge kill, and chip Pokemon. The HP investment makes it much more likely for the Substitute to stay alive after burning a physical attacker. Above all else, it provides speed control for the team. Tera Fairy is a great defensive Tera type against physical attackers while also helping it beat Scarf or Speed-boosted Walking Wake in a pinch.

:gholdengo: Gholdengo acts both defensively and offensively on the team. It has a lot of HP investment to check certain threats that would otherwise break down the team (e.g. Iron Valiant). Covert Cloak is to deal with Garganacl, who can resist Ghost moves and cause problems for the team. As much as I would have liked to run Speed instead, the other Ghost-types are fast, and I decided it would be better as a wall breaker. Make it Rain with Modest nature and the option for Tera Steel can really punish bulky teams.

:zoroark-hisui: Hisuian Zoroark really ties the team together. The Ghost immunity works as a great bluff for Dragapult and Gholdengo, and the Fighting immunity is nice for Kingambit. Depending on the matchup, it can disguise for any Pokemon besides Masquerain (no Intimidate gives it away). Due to its good speed, Tera Fighting, and access to Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, and Trick, it can bluff as Scarf Gholdengo really well, and that's the Pokemon I most commonly pair with Illusion. 125 SpA with Choice Specs makes Hisuian Zoroark really solid at hurting opponents and causing problems with Trick.

Other Pokemon: :masquerain: :great-tusk: :kingambit:

:masquerain: Masquerain is a fairly straightforward set. I got the idea to tech Hurricane and Hydro Pump on the set from the damage calculator's standard set, and it's been really nice for chipping opponents and putting pressure on most Rapid Spinners. In case Sticky Web is essential to winning the game, you can Tera Ghost to have 4 Ghost-types and almost guarantee that webs will stay on the field. Just be wary of Cinderace and Hatterene.

:great-tusk: Great Tusk is a Dark-type resist that would otherwise cause major problems for the team. Assault Vest allows it to live many hits and ensure that it can Knock Off an item, Rapid Spin hazards away, or get the kill on a low-health opponent. Tera Water is a solid defensive typing that can bother certain teams. It definitely fills a supporter role.

:kingambit: Kingambit is both a Dark- and Ghost-type resist, thus giving the team 2 Pokemon that resist Ghost and 2 that resist Dark. Since Ghost-types can already be beaten by Shadow Ball spam, I opted for Low Kick over Kowtow Cleave to deal with Dark-types, especially opposing Kingambit (a big reason why I put a lot of speed on this set). Adamant max attack allows King to pick off weakened Pokemon or sweep late-game.

Feel free to use it and let me know what you think! Any criticism is welcome.

Replays:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)