Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
IMO this thread should be cleaned of posts with teams that have now-uber pokemon. Maybe delete the posts but preserve all of the teams in one big post in case they get demoted back to OU?
the only moderation that tends to happen in this thread is cleaning of irrelevant posts or teams that are flat-out not ou valid for one reason or another. teams with once ou pokemon that are now banned will not be removed as it serves as a time capsule to what the meta use to look like. this is just a thread for casual sharing, whether it be good or bad. if you wanna see good quality ensured date teams, samples are where you'd look.

Gonna drop a cool team I've had some fun with:

Copycat Vaporeon (pokepast.es)
1674024875831.png
1674024894589.png
1674024908753.png
1674024939757.png
1674024959371.png
1674024980463.png

Copycat Vaporeon is cool tech and I posted about it in the VR here. Tera Steel Heavy Slam Iron Hands lures Iron Valiant, but if you need the Tera elsewhere AV Iron Moth deals with non Psyshock Iron Valiants. Every mon in some way threatens Gholdengo, and lead Toedscruel is a great anti-lead choice who also condenses the roles of hazard setting, spinning, and finishing the FWG defensive core. Honestly quite pleased with this team, might tweak a few areas but otherwise has been super solid.

Double Banded Starter BO
:gholdengo: :rotom-wash: :meowscarada: :quaquaval: :corviknight: :clodsire:
https://pokepast.es/7d7aba2f21304c1c

This team consist of 3 defensive and 3 offensive role featuring 2 starter meowscarada and quaquaval which both using choice band.

Defensive
Rotom-W, Corviknight, and Clodsire typing cover each other weaknesses. I'm using covert cloak + iron head on corvi specially to counter garganacl which is very annoying, the other two is just standard phy def rotom-w and sp def unaware clodsire.

Offensive
Standard choice scarf Gholdengo is just there to block rapid spin & defog, Banded meowscarada is very threatening due to its 123 base speed, I'm using overgrow rather than protean because i didn't have coverage move. Lastly banded quaquaval is used for immediate power and can snowballing speed and attack with aqua step and moxie.

Replay of this team :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1776816160-oxtmkzj8bdam48o05qtipptz47jo31lpw

"Why Am I Playing OU, And Why Is This Balanced?" Balance
:roaring_moon: :great_tusk: :azumarill: :gholdengo: :corviknight: :gastrodon_east:
https://pokepast.es/60a2093b3c2248c0

Team Build:
:roaring-moon:
Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature | Protosynthesis
Tera: Steel
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Def
Crunch
Earthquake
Iron Head
U-Turn
:great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Booties
Adamant Nature | Protosynthesis
Tera: Ground (Doesn't matter, I don't Tera this.)
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 SpDef
Headlong Rush
Close Combat
Ice Spinner
Rapid Spin
:azumarill:
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature | Huge Power
Tera: Water
252 Atk / 124 SpDef / 134 Speed
Liquidation
Play Rough
Ice Spinner
Aqua Jet
:gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Covert Cloak
Modest Nature | Good as Goooooold!
Tera: Ghost (Also doesn't matter, Tera doesn't come up on this at all right now. Flying is probably optimal.)
244 HP / 252 SpAtk / 12 SpDef
Make It Rain!
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Recover
:corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature | Pressure (Mirror Armor is also good, I don't have any Ability Patches left to change this. :c )
Tera: Flying (I never Tera my defensive cores)
244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Atk
Body Press
U-Turn
Roost
Defog
:gastrodon_east:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature | Storm Drain
Tera: Water (same as Corv, I don't Tera my defensive core)
252 Def / 252 SpDef / 6 HP
Chilling Water
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock
Recover

Explanation of the team:
Realistically, I decided to put my reservations for most of what I find to be OU's dumb Pokemon aside and made what is probably my most OU of OU teams to date. I'm very much a balance player, and even though I'm technically lacking a secondary special attacker, I'm not sure if I really need one with how dumb Gholdengo is.

Physical Offensive Core: :roaring_moon: :great_tusk: :azumarill:
Most see Tusk as a Defensive Core Pokemon instead of an Offensive one. However, as of late I've been very much enjoying running with either 2 Defoggers with at least 1 wearing Boots, or 1 Defogger and 1 Rapid Spinner. Tusk here fills the role of primary hazard removal while also smashing through things with its power. Rapid Spin to remove hazards and gain speed, Headlong Rush + Close Combat for power, and Ice Spinner to hit things like Dragonite or other mons really, really hard. However, in play, I'm unsure if I want to keep Ice Spinner or swap it for Knock Off. Will need to test Knock Off later.
When most see Roaring Moon, they think it's going to be Booster Energy + Dragon Dance sweeper with Tera Flying. Not mine. I'm immediate pressure with Choice Band + U-Turn. You can dish out a lot of damage pretty quickly, and still have a way to pivot should you need it. Weed Cat and Fire Bunny are probably your major worries here, as against most Fairies, you can Tera Steel + Iron Head, or go through a 50/50 with Chien-Pao. If they click Icicle Crash and you don't flinch on the Tera, you win vs Chien-Pao. If they click Sacred Sword, you lose regardless. Been thinking about possibly making use of Scarf like I do on Cinderace, just to catch opposing non-Scarfed mons by surprise, but have yet to test it.
Assault Vest Azumarill is a very interesting Pokemon. You can actually take a good number of hits pretty well and hit them back or even get swift KOs. Tera Water Aqua Jet is nothing to scoff at, and with this spread you're naturally outpacing anything that is uninvested Skeledirge speed tier or lower all day, every day. The rest of the bulk goes into SpDef just to make you extra absorbent against various neutral special moves coming in.

Special Offensive ""Core"": :gholdengo:
Ah, Cheese String Man. People keep saying "dengo isn't busted!" and yet dengo seems to end up causing a lot of high score wins (4-0 or better.) Good as Gold + Covert Cloak + Bulk + Recover just makes you so hard to deal with in so many situations. Garg dies to you, regardless of the set, you can't take a SpAtk drop from Mystical Fire, you completely ignore most forms of Spore, and you just hit like a truck without needing a Choice item, Life Orb, or Nasty Plot. I find that this form of dengo really likes to stick around and cause problems.

Defensive Core: :corviknight: :gastrodon_east:
I love this core. Corv/Gastro is like the modernized version of Skarm/Swamp or my favorite core BDSP, Skarm/Quag. This core is pretty much standard cookies for Corviknight and Gastro, minus Gastro's investment.
I chose to run dual tank Gastro just to have more options. You can check a number of additional Pokemon by being bulky on both ends, albeit at the cost of raw HP. Ice Beam vs Sludge Bomb vs Earth Power is up to player preference, but I like having Ice Beam to hit incoming Dragons or Grasses that think they can take full advantage of Gastrodon. Feel free to change Gastro from dual bulk Bold to specialized SpDef Calm.

https://pokepast.es/10a541fa00d85f0c

This is a team I built a few weeks ago and is one of the best running around in the current meta imo. Decided to post it now because there's about to be big changes to the tier and it's been passed around so much already. It's peaked #1 multiple times and is all around extremely solid. Not much to explain about it, you Tera Garg 95/100 times, except for vs teams with the broken ostrich or azu. Mental Herb is a pretty good option on Pex as well to ease certain matchups like Annihilape and avoid Black Sludge damage if you Tera. Black Sludge is still pretty good especially in a ladder setting where you'll play a ton of trick Gholdengo, Valiant, Rotom etc. Speed on the walls is for Hatterene.
What do you tera vs Espathra & Azumarill?

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Toedscruel Balance
:sv/toedscruel: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/chien-pao: :sv/dondozo: :sv/skeledirge: :sv/hydreigon:
https://pokepast.es/f545cce62371acfd

This team got me up to 1700s fairly easily, so I thought I would share it here. It has some fun sets and a niche Pokemon in Toedscruel.

Defensive Core: :toedscruel: :dondozo: :skeledirge:

Toedscruel is tanky on the special side, boasting 80 HP and 120 Sp. Def, both of which are maxed out on this set. It is one of the only Pokemon with Knock Off and Rapid Spin, it can use Spore on any non-Grass types (e.g. Gholdengo, Garganacl, Hatterene), and it can set up Spikes on Magic Bounce users (mainly Hatterene). With Leftovers, it can sustain fairly well, and most special attackers struggle against Toedscruel.

Dondozo is the physical defensive wall of the team. This team is fairly resistant to hazards and struggles against Garganacl, so I wanted to try out Covert Cloak as its item. Not only does it easily beat Garganacl, but it can check Chien-Pao because there is no risk of Icicle Crash flinching or Crunch dropping defense. Unaware is nice to stop physical set-up sweepers.

Skeledirge completes the Fire-Water-Grass defensive core, and it is specially defensive on this team. Without Skeledirge, some Pokemon become huge threats to the team (e.g. Iron Moth, Volcarona, Espathra), but Skeledirge is able to wall them easily and create pressure with Torch Song. The double-Unaware combo also threatens set-up sweepers, both physically and specially offensive. Hex also synergizes nicely with Spore, and this team can spread status fairly well.

Offensive Core: :gholdengo: :chien-pao: :hydreigon:

Gholdengo is the basic Choice Scarf set. It prevents hazard removal, offers speed control, pressures defensive Pokemon with Trick, has nice defensive typing, and offers good damage output.

Chien-Pao is the set-up sweeper of the team. Heavy-Duty-Boots allow Chien-Pao to come in easily and pressure teams immediately. I most often Tera with Chien-Pao for its boost to Crunch and Sucker Punch. Since Gholdengo and Dondozo have Fighting-type coverage, I went with Sucker Punch over Sacred Sword so I have a strong priority attack. Another fairly standard set, but I felt like it fit the team better than Choice Band, for example.

Hydreigon is an interesting pick. It provides Ground immunity, offensive pressure while sitting at a nice speed tier, and hazards in Stealth Rock. I put Wide Lens on this set, though it can very easily be substituted for Heavy-Duty-Boots, Leftovers, or Life Orb. Wide Lens makes Draco Meteor far less likely to miss, which can sometimes make the difference between a win and a loss, and Fire Blast becomes a lot safer to click as well. Tera Poison is a failsafe against Great Tusk and potentially one-shot it with Draco Meteor, and it can annoy Choice Specs Iron Valiant.

Feel free to use it and let me know what you think! Any criticism is welcome.

Replays: Calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toedscruel: 103-123 (28.2 - 33.7%) -- 97% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toedscruel: 253-298 (69.5 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 340-402 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Poison Hydreigon: 161-190 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

Band Dragapult Hazard Stack

1675081841494.png
1675081850826.png
1675081917681.png
1675105008944.png
1675081946925.png
1675081968858.png

(click here for team)

With the chien-pao suspect test announced and it potentially getting the boot from OU, I've been looking to some other mons who can take over it's fast wallbreaker role. Band dragapult is one mon who does just that, and while it's not quite as strong as pao, it's faster, has good coverage with it's STAB moves, and u-turn for momentum. It's worked consistently well for me on this team, and I managed to peak top 100 on the ladder so I thought I'd share.

The team revolves around stacking hazards and applying pressure with pult and iron valiant. Great tusk and clodsire are the two hazard setters and primary walls, with rotom-wash completing the defensive core. Tusk's role as a spinner is crucial in keeping hazards off your side, which can often determine the outcome of games versus other hazard stacking teams. Next are band pult and specs valiant, which both hit really hard and are your main methods of making progress. I typically terra one of these, and it's worth identifying early which one matches up best versus the opponent and focusing your attack around that. Finally is covert cloak gholdengo, which acts as a spinblocker, garg counter and wallbreaker. This thing hits like a truck after a nasty plot and is your best method of breaking through fatter teams.

Enjoy the team​

I made a funky team with Greninja

Scarf Greninja Bulky Offense

:sv/greninja: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/great-tusk: :sv/azumarill: :sv/dragonite: :sv/ting-lu:

mmmm hazar d

Greninja specializes in revenge killing pokemon such as Chien Pao, Dragapult, Iron Moth, and so on.Defensive Gholdengo checks Iron Valiant and Scarf Rotom, and Tera Steel allows it to remove its Ghost weakness so it isn't 2HKO'd by Specs Shadow Ball, although tera Fire can check Skeledirge while still checking Valiant. if you do this, though, the better option is to go heavy duty boots over Covert Cloak. Ting Lu brings hazards, a Ghost resist, and Electric immunity. Dragonite checks Great Tusk and cleans late-game. I use a weird Physically Defensive Azumarill set to "check" Chien Pao on this team. It does its best. god i miss tapu fini The Attack EVS allow for the OHKO on the dreaded leopard. My own great tusk helps break and remove hazards. Expert Belt is used over HDB or Leftovers for extra power. Most Notably, Grusk gets the OHKO on spdef Skeledirge with Expert Belt Headlong Rush.

some REPLAYS !!!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1788171624-q8ceqvgmdepsy8g324qz8a01g5b0lq7pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1788177301-5w19po89kd9pqwvkk2v5e8ymjym8qd3pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1788158192-ri0p450l4oktqae2zyxf5ztktme2kw0pw

I m. not that good acutally

Criminal1202

Banned deucer.
Hi all, I have recently been having a lot of success with my spdef power trip corv team. Now that covert cloak golden joe no longer reliably beats garg I looked into covert cloak corv and found that with garg's insane usage setting up a sweep has never been easier. Had a lot of success on ladder with this team and passed it to some friends who also liked it.

Paste: :glimmora: :azumarill: :great-tusk: :garchomp: :corviknight: :gholdengo:

:glimmora:
Scarf glimmora is my favourite glimmora set right now as with tera fairy you can counter lead and ohko a lot of the pokemon that want to lead into hazard setting glimmora with gleam like tusk. Spikes is also still great utility that allows this to see use more than getting a surprise ko/ revenge ko. It also just has great coverage with a good SpA stat.

:azumarill:
band azu is the monster it has always been with practically 0 switch-ins. Given glimmora is on the slower side of scarfers I find jet is also invaluable for this team.

:great-tusk:
This mon has over 50% usage for a reason, great mon that invalidates a lot of physical attackers. Bulk up with spin is also pretty good at late game sweeping, knock has great utility, and tera water helps the rain matchup a lot.

:garchomp:
Attack evs to ohko most gholdengos, with SpA invest and draco to do not 0 to tusk. I would say this is probably the weak link of the team but it's still great at getting rocks up and can definitely put in the work just because it is chomp.

:corviknight:
The star of this team, uses garg as setup fodder due to covert cloak. Has the weakness of not being able to do a lot of what pure bulky corv can do, however, I have found this set insanely strong into the vast majority of the ladder right now- especially with the golden joe biden meta. Speed is to hit 406 after one agility rest in hp and spdef, you can also go pure spdef if you don't mind having to often agility twice.

:gholdengo:
It's a gholdengo of course it's good in any team.

Hi guys. This is a classic HO team that I've had some success with and is also straight-forward.

https://pokepast.es/ba0c78cfda6e3084

- Band Chien Pao with Tera Dark is a potent wall-breaker that can deal with Pokemon like Gholdengo or Clodsire and also works as a chipper, breaking through teams to clean up with the others in the late game (or itself can clean up).
- Great Tusk is the team spinner, making sure hazards don't stay on the field.
- Tera Normal Dnite is also a powerhouse once it gets a DDance off, and also works a dangerous wall-breaker.
- Specs Greninja is designer to be a special powerhouse, with Grass Knot to break through Garg and Hydro Pump for some huge STAB damage.
- Scarf Gholdengo packs a punch to fairies and outspeeds Chien Pao to get it off the field.
- Special Valiant with booster energy to function as a late game cleaner or come in the middle to get some momentum back. (Mixed valiant also works well)

Note:

1. This team struggles against fairies with 5 out of the team being weak to them. Try saving Ghold for those troublesome fairies.
2. This team also does not fare well with rain teams. (Espeed Dnite can deal with them if you pull off a DDance at the right time to stop Floatzel and Barreskewda.)

Last edited:
Hi guys. This is a classic HO team that I've had some success with and is also straight-forward.

https://pokepast.es/ba0c78cfda6e3084

- Band Chien Pao with Tera Dark is a potent wall-breaker that can deal with Pokemon like Gholdengo or Clodsire and also works as a chipper, breaking through teams to clean up with the others in the late game (or itself can clean up).
- Great Tusk is the team spinner, making sure hazards don't stay on the field.
- Tera Normal Dnite is also a powerhouse once it gets a DDance off, and also works a dangerous wall-breaker.
- Specs Greninja is designer to be a special powerhouse, with Grass Knot to break through Garg and Hydro Pump for some huge STAB damage.
- Scarf Gholdengo packs a punch to fairies and outspeeds Chien Pao to get it off the field.
- Special Valiant with booster energy to function as a late game cleaner or come in the middle to get some momentum back. (Mixed valiant also works well)

Note:

1. This team struggles against fairies with 5 out of the team being weak to them. Try saving Ghold for those troublesome fairies.
2. This team also does not fare well with rain teams.
You have 0 hazards with Gholdengo ☠☠☠

https://pokepast.es/b032fbdeae71bc40
Gooday Everyone! Here's a fun team Me, georgiethefirst and Magikarp Soup worked on. I was the suggester of the Qwilifsh sacrifice and helped test it but they made the rest of the mons so 80% of the credit goes to them. (Thanks again guys!) The Qwilfish is there to specifically kill any dangerous opponents (That don't have a speed tier above 442 that is). The Gholdengo is I think there for offense and can shut down any potential stall and defensive mons with trick. Great Tusk is a Utility Pokemon made to wall offensive Pokes. The Fire tera type is there because it can change Tusk's weaknesses wildly. (I know tera Steel is probably better and I'm waiting for one of them to get online so I can ask the purpose of Tera Fire).
Dragonite's pretty self-explanatory. Silk Scarf for damage, DD Speed Hurricane for grass and fighting types and Earthquake for damage.
Hatterene's a Bulky Offense mon. It can tank physical moves like breakfast. If you want evidence for bulk, look at this. 252 Atk Choice Band Meowscarada Flower Trick vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Hatterene on a critical hit: 178-211 (56.1 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
That's from a sample Meowscarada Choice Band moveset mind you. Tera flying is there for Scizor and Meowscarada (I believe. As I said, I did 20%, not 100%). Finally, Dragapult. If you manage to get in a Wisp on a physical attacker switching in, it's basically already gone. Dragapult (Max Speed) outspeeds Dragonite at +1 (If it's not max speed that is). However, get a sub up and Dragonite is done for. Free Will-O-Wisp will make the dragonite's damage output weaker. Ok that's all I know about the team. Gooday!

Salamence + Gengar Fun offensive team Peak 1720

1675795829776.png
1675795857860.png
1675795927532.png1675796263797.png1675796287577.png1675796332350.png

Hey Guys. I made a fun offensive team for gen 9 OU and my first post in gen 9 OU here.

https://pokepast.es/c6e83d41f75ce612

I have gone for Gengar because I like the mon and I have gone for Scarf because of its high speed tier for a scarfer and access to trick + good special attack. Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast are solid coverage and trick is for fat.

Salamence is my favourite psuedo legendary pokemon. I feel its underrated and should be explored more. Dragon Dance + Dual Wingbeat + Earthquake + Tera Blast (Electric) makes for nice options. Tera Blast electric is for Corv and the opportunity to get moxie and hit water types and even sponging thunder waves. Dual wingbeat makes for flying stab and although the multi hit nature is bad and the miss chance but when it hits, it hits crucial targets like Great Tusk and Amoongus super effectively. Earthquake is for steels and pretty spammable. Salamence has a solid speed tier imo and decent coverage with Jolly and pretty useful for me in the late game.

Azumarill is there for its typing, decent bulk and ability to check Chien Pao to a decent extent. Gone for belly drum with dual stab + aqua jet priority. The speed is to outspeed base 70s and the rest in bulk

Chien Pao is choice banded for high damage output with ice shard as the preferred priority. Jolly for more speed. There is nothing much to comment on Chien Pao as its simply amazing. Sacred sword for Kingambit and Crunch + Ice Spinner make for solid coverage.

Gholdengo - Another mon with a great typing and great special attack. Sub is too take advantage of fat passive mons. Life orb for extra power and make it rain + shadow ball for solid power and coverage.

Iron Treads is the utility mon with decent attack, spinning and checking Dragonite somewhat in a pinch. Iron head is for flinch and assault vest is for it to take special hits better. The speed is it outpace Garchomp and the rest in HP and jolly is the nature for it.
Screenshot 2023-02-08 013636.png

I reached 1720 with this team and finally made top 500 in OU. Here are some replays -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1794481225-06k8vjp45ehald5o4z319pb7mj638k5pw - Proof of Peak - 1720
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9ou-1794471664-0v9wesvcde2deqvbf1vd008cnw8he6tpw - Proof of second Peak at 1701
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9ou-1794447465-pfavzc11r0ptjvdrlvia7o5z1i71gt6pw -Azu sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1793461051-qmc5w673cnvkcyocaje18vcfthgt9u6pw -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1792547198-j95l84u4ghb9ghcvc98ay7256srhs0dpw - Tera Moxie Salamence coming through
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1792543431-4kf9jmmo4oc6dbabpxor380kmjpxozepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1789188031-cai2tyehrwifh0eg4h15ekkn3t81xtjpw _ Salamence breaking corv
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1789184609-mubji13kpgzl0pnu3rex5stqbkbgtk1pw -Gengar sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1789152388-qont77k7qocbb2vgkflrnlcymsq16lepw - Chien Pao tearing offence
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1787764563-akkmrgzr08kof5kmvciazbx4is34agupw -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1781410974-zn8c51esrxow7rf9dwuhmkpx5k9v4lhpw - Tera Gengar power
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1751846566-6h6957parg18qp92rq96jwp2tsmvgewpw - Mence setting up on corv and killing it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1726017367-80ayd4fyrps162kbtbbfx8j7vsg4948pw _Mence breaks breelooms sash and gives corv false hope and breaks through Corv

Overall a fun team but somewhat frail but it can work decently I would say.

Last edited:
Chien Pao is choice banded for high damage output with ice shard as the preferred priority. Jolly for more speed. There is nothing much to comment on Chien Pao as its simply amazing. Sacred sword for Kingambit and Crunch + Ice Spinner make for solid coverage.

You are running Ice fang, not ice shard

Salamence + Gengar Fun offensive team Peak 1720

View attachment 490191 View attachment 490192View attachment 490194View attachment 490195View attachment 490196View attachment 490198

Hey Guys. I made a fun offensive team for gen 9 OU and my first post in gen 9 OU here.

https://pokepast.es/85c5b067a7595501

I have gone for Gengar because I like the mon and I have gone for Scarf because of its high speed tier for a scarfer and access to trick + good special attack. Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast are solid coverage and trick is for fat.

Salamence is my favourite psuedo legendary pokemon. I feel its underrated and should be explored more. Dragon Dance + Dual Wingbeat + Earthquake + Tera Blast (Electric) makes for nice options. Tera Blast electric is for Corv and the opportunity to get moxie and hit water types and even sponging thunder waves. Dual wingbeat makes for flying stab and although the multi hit nature is bad and the miss chance but when it hits, it hits crucial targets like Great Tusk and Amoongus super effectively. Earthquake is for steels and pretty spammable. Salamence has a solid speed tier imo and decent coverage with Jolly and pretty useful for me in the late game.

Azumarill is there for its typing, decent bulk and ability to check Chien Pao to a decent extent. Gone for belly drum with dual stab + aqua jet priority. The speed is to outspeed base 70s and the rest in bulk

Gholdengo - Another mon with a great typing and great special attack. Sub is too take advantage of fat passive mons. Life orb for extra power and make it rain + shadow ball for solid power and coverage.

Iron Treads is the utility mon with decent attack, spinning and checking Dragonite somewhat in a pinch. Iron head is for flinch and assault vest is for it to take special hits better. The speed is it outpace Garchomp and the rest in HP and jolly is the nature for it.
View attachment 490212

I reached 1720 with this team and finally made top 500 in OU. Here are some replays -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1794481225-06k8vjp45ehald5o4z319pb7mj638k5pw - Proof of Peak - 1720
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9ou-1794471664-0v9wesvcde2deqvbf1vd008cnw8he6tpw - Proof of second Peak at 1701
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9ou-1794447465-pfavzc11r0ptjvdrlvia7o5z1i71gt6pw -Azu sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1793461051-qmc5w673cnvkcyocaje18vcfthgt9u6pw -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1792547198-j95l84u4ghb9ghcvc98ay7256srhs0dpw - Tera Moxie Salamence coming through
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1792543431-4kf9jmmo4oc6dbabpxor380kmjpxozepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1789188031-cai2tyehrwifh0eg4h15ekkn3t81xtjpw _ Salamence breaking corv
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1789184609-mubji13kpgzl0pnu3rex5stqbkbgtk1pw -Gengar sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1789152388-qont77k7qocbb2vgkflrnlcymsq16lepw - Chien Pao tearing offence
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1787764563-akkmrgzr08kof5kmvciazbx4is34agupw -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1781410974-zn8c51esrxow7rf9dwuhmkpx5k9v4lhpw - Tera Gengar power
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1751846566-6h6957parg18qp92rq96jwp2tsmvgewpw - Mence setting up on corv and killing it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1726017367-80ayd4fyrps162kbtbbfx8j7vsg4948pw _Mence breaks breelooms sash and gives corv false hope and breaks through Corv

Overall a fun team but somewhat frail but it can work decently I would say.
Another Gholdengo team without hazards ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

I mean then it’s a waste of most of its ability and you should swap it out for another special wallbreaker
not really, it's extremely versatile. blocking defog is one very small part of its ability, it still has a fantastic defensive typing, good bulk, decent speed tier, insane spatk all while being immune to status, making it super versatile and able to run many different sets

plus a lot of corvs don't even run defog anymore because of dengo, so it really only serves a spinblocker but you dont use ghost types exclusively to spin block either.

dengo is extremely oppressive on hazardstack teams, but its use is not restricted to hazardstack at all

--
anyway id suggest taking this to metagame discussion before mods yell at you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)