Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 120 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock/Taunt

A fun little heatran set I made. It's really good into mola structures as they oftentimes have mola as their only heatran switch in. 12 speed is for Scizor-Mega and things that are creeping it, 124 spa lets you ohko standard mola 100% of the time even if you miss magma storm, rest in bulk. Last slot can be taunt to deal with Gking, but I prefer stealth rock

STARSHINE (Heatran) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 120 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock/Taunt

A fun little heatran set I made. It's really good into mola structures as they oftentimes have mola as their only heatran switch in. 12 speed is for Scizor-Mega and things that are creeping it, 124 spa lets you ohko standard mola 100% of the time even if you miss magma storm, rest in bulk. Last slot can be taunt to deal with Gking, but I prefer stealth rock
this was a thing in gen 8 for those unaware and it's pretty swaggy i would recommend

This isn't really just one set but these two work together so don't sweat it
:sv/slowking-galar:
Change (Slowking-Galar) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Chilly Reception
- Thunder Wave

:sv/kyurem:
Ville Mentality (Kyurem) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry

These two pair insanely well together thanks to various factors other than the obvious snow setting from Glowking. Kyurem is an insanely strong special attacker due to it's already high 130 base spatk getting buffed by choice specs and having strong attacking options. Tera Ice buffs it's perfect accuracy blizzards to chunk even the bulkiest opposing mons, so much so it almost minimizes the issue of only having 8 pp, and buffs freeze dry's for match ups vs. water types like Alomomola, Toxapex, and Ogerpon-Wellspring. Glowking is an incredible pivot that can safely get Kyurem in and slow down mons that otherwise outrun Kyurem and threaten it. glhf.

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Trailblaze
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut

if you can somehow set up idk how ur opponent is supposed to stop it

Zamazenta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Ice Fang
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge
:Zamazenta:
So what is this abomination...
This my Friends is the pinicale of human enginuity
Anyways the 68 speed is to hit 329 to beat out base 100 and the rest is put into bulk

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Farigiraf @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stored Power
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This set has only been theorymonned but it seems REALLY funny. The idea is you put this in front of u turn spamming mons like Mlop and Lando-T, proc wp while setting trick room a la wp latios and then just go to town and start oneshotting everything.

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
:bw/kingdra:

Oi m8 (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Tera Type: Dark / Steel / Dragon / Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Surf
- Draco Meteor

Crit kingdra very strong into opposing HO such as screens and vs fat defence boosting/cm mons as you just crit through the boosts. Recently used this in roomtour and it eats fat teams alive. Run with ferrothorn counter and on screens or drop agility for coverage (hp fire/ice beam) and run on webs for maximum effect

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
1711765779554.png

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute

freeze dry for alomomola and dondozo and other water types and its a dragon dance kyurem that mauls stall so yeah w mon​

images.jpg

Blissey (F) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport

Beats both pursuit trapping and trick choice scarf/specs special attackers. Watch as you stall them out and the untrained fool spam "?" in chat until you teleport out just when they think they have got you in a corner, and recover to full HP. Btw z-teleport is just teleport but it recovers your hp to full before you switch out.

:sv/ogerpon-cornerstone:
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Trailblaze
- Superpower

"what if instead of breaking things, my rockpon could sweep things"

Ineros

Mirror Mirror, who is staring back at me?
is a Pre-Contributor
:ss/lopunny-mega:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Return

Although I didn’t make this set it is still something I tested and it did decently. Encore help you cheese stuff like non helmet corv, pex, mola, and is generally good against things that like to click recovery. Could have some other niche cases but being generally annoying to bulkier teams is nice.

This set mainly fits on fatter teams that don’t need mlop’s pivoting and also like how mlop can dismantle defensive cores and force progress a bit easier while still being a solid speed control option. Here is such a team:
:Gliscor: :lopunny-mega: :skeledirge: :garganacl: :Toxapex: :Corviknight:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
flamethrower for ferrothorn, might swap sludge/rocks for ice beam to troll landorus

gougingfire.png

Aegisol (Gouging Fire) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Heat Crash
- Scale Shot
- Burning Bulwark

By far one of the silliest yet most surprisingly effective things I've ever created. This somewhat bulky Gouging Fire uses a combination of Dragon Dance and Scale Shot to effectively put it at +1 Attack and +2 Speed while potentially KO'ing an opponent, which makes revenge killing it with a Choice Scarfer out of the question. Once it gets rolling it's extremely hard to stop as it doesn't need to stop attacking to boost its speed. the 64 Speed EVs also let it barely outspeed Ogerpon after one Dragon Dance while maintaining respectable bulk, if anyone takes a liking to this set and decides to use it, feel free to tweak the EVs to your preference.

Scale Shot also has its perks over the other Dragon Type options like Outrage apart from breaking Substitutes. I often find myself leading this Gouging Fire against Glimmora users. I Dragon Dance on turn 1, and then Scale Shot on turn 2 to break their sash and take them out (Note that this may not KO the Glimmora if you only get 4 hits. If they attack you on turn 1 instead of setting up Stealth Rocks, you are at risk of being KO'd).

+1 252+ Atk Gouging Fire Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Glimmora: 268-324 (87.2 - 105.5%) -- approx. 25% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Glimmora Power Gem vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Gouging Fire: 278-330 (69.6 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Another absolutely hilarious thing that Scale Shot Gouging Fire can do is send Weak Armor Ceruledges (or Weak Armor Pokemon in general) to oblivion. I've seen a good amount of sashed Ceruledges come in on my Gouging Fire thinking that they are free to Swords Dance and start wreaking some havoc, only for me to hit them with a Scale Shot and absolutely break their spirits.

252+ Atk Gouging Fire Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weak Armor Ceruledge: 353-416 (121.3 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Big Ouchie

+2 252 Atk Ceruledge Poltergeist vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 297-349 (74.4 - 87.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Somewhat big ouchie on your part, make sure to dispose of those hazards.

Now that I have mentioned this guy's offensive prowess, let's talk about his defensive prowess, take a look at the other move I gave it, Burning Bulwark. I personally think that this is a rather underutilized move, it can catch opponents completely by surprise and heavily cripple their physical attackers. It synergizes really well with Scale Shot since the natural play to make against an opponent with an egregious amount of speed is to use a Priority Move against them. Using priority may become even more enticing due to Scale Shot lowering its user's defense. Burning Bulwark is an excellent way to punish that, and potentially allow you to live the next hit. You can fry stuff like :medicham-mega:, :lopunny-mega:, :dragonite:, (:scizor mega: Likely after your Tera), or even a :great tusk: who plans to tank your next move and Headlong Rush you in return. Even if you do go down after the Bulwark, you effectively limit those Pokemons' damage output, giving you an edge in the battle.

You can also use Burning Bulwark against more aggressive leads such as :samurott hisui:, or the aforementioned :great tusk: burning them may allow you to get an extra Dragon Dance off, allowing you to cause even more damage.

252 Atk Pure Power burned Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. -1 192 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 207-245 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk burned Lopunny-Mega Close Combat vs. -1 192 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 129-153 (32.3 - 38.3%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk burned Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. -1 192 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 252-297 (63.1 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk burned Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. -1 192 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 93-111 (23.3 - 27.8%) -- 81.1% chance to 4HKO

0 Atk Technician burned Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. -1 192 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Gouging Fire: 118-139 (29.5 - 34.8%) -- 11.6% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Sharpness burned Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Gouging Fire: 59-70 (14.7 - 17.5%) -- possible 6HKO

Note that the majority of these calcs are after a Scale Shot is used, hence the -1 Defense.

Now, using Burning Bulwark does mean you have to relinquish a valuable coverage move like Earthquake. To compensate for this, I paired this Gouging Fire with a Specially Defensive Defog pivot Gliscor to deal with hazards and threaten things like :Heatran: and :Toxapex:. You may be able to brute force the former if you accrue enough Attack boosts, but its unlikely. Using Bulwark means you may have to give up momentum against certain opponents, but in turn you can cause significant damage in the long run through the burns you can inflict. I think it's a fair trade.

+2 252+ Atk Gouging Fire Scale Shot (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 195-230 (50.5 - 59.5%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Gouging Fire: 172-204 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

The Tera Fairy is a pretty standard Tera for this Pokemon, not much else to say about it. It lets you stop incoming Draco Meteors, and lets you take Earthquakes and Close Combats more easily.

I threw this on a bulky Pecharunt-oriented team that I made, it acts as the main muscle of this team along with Darkrai & Valiant. Sometimes it sweeps entire teams on its own, and if it is on its last legs, I attempt to penalize the opponent's revenge killers through Burning Bulwark before they take me out, allowing my other sweepers to set up more comfortably, and by burning their attackers, my defensive Pokemon now have less problems to worry about.

Thanks for reading my very long analysis on this pretty wacky set!

WARNING: Scale Shot is a 90% accurate move, side effects of missing 90% accurate moves involve pain, crying, uncontrollable rage, and untimely doom.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)