Item: Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

Impish Nature
  • Earthquake
  • Dual Wingbeat
  • Crabhammer
  • Swords Dance
Trading the usual utility-focused moveset for a more well-rounded offense, Gliscor is still very hard to take down with physical attackers and can very easily find setup opportunities with swords dance, after which it can hit very hard and 2HKO a good portion of the metagame. Tera Water is the standard defensive Tera type here but it also powers up Crabhammer considerably, giving Gliscor effectively perfect neutral coverage.

Goodra-Hisui / Tera Bug

Item: Assault Vest

Ability: Shell Armor

252 HP / 252 Sp. A / 4 Sp. D

Quiet Nature
  • Heavy Slam
  • Draco Meteor
  • Flamethrower
  • Earthquake
The premier special wall, this set is easily the most reliable check I've found to Gholdengo, Flutter Mane, and Iron Bundle. Heavy Slam reliably beats Flutter Mane while Draco Meteor punishes switch-ins heavily while also taking out Iron Bundle. Flamethrower handily checks Gholdengo (particularly Air Baloon variants) and Scizor, while Earthquake rounds out the set against other steel-types.

Tera Bug is used over flying because it flips Goodra's weaknesses to Fighting and Ground, but it also crucially does not give it a weakness against ice the way that Tera Flying would.
Which mons would you pair with this core im thinking on running a team with these two

Anything can work, but I'm currently running Specs Iron Bundle and Banded Scizor as the main late-game cleaners, and bulky Farigiraf to punish Glimmora leads and Annihilape

:scream-tail: :ursaluna-bloodmoon:
https://pokepast.es/ba7bf0648bcf2900

Been awhile, but let's talk about a new Regulation E core that's been on the rise: Scream Tail Trick Room into Bloodmoon.

Bloodmoon needs little introduction: its a bulky offensive titan who has been causing fits with its Blood Moon attack and Mind's Eye ability. Scream Tail, however, got a massive buff with the addition of Misty Explosion as a DLC TM. With that one missing piece, Trick Room Scream Tail became a nigh perfect storm of bulk, speed and support utility. Stealth Rocks prevents Sash mons and Multiscale Dragonite from stalling Trick Room turns, a semi-fast Encore can disrupt opponents trying to setup before you, and Misty Explosion safely gets Bloodmoon into position. Scream Tail is very airtight at making sure the stage is set for a (Tera Normal) Bloodmoon onslaught.

The bulk you see on Scream Tail mainly concerns Flutter Mane and Urshifu. Choice Specs Shadow Ball from Mane misses the OHKO, and Banded Urshifu almost always misses the 2HKO with Sitrus Berry accounted for. Bloodmoon bulk is harder to account for if running Life Orb, but 244 HP at least minimizes Life Orb chip (10n-1 HP.) Slik Scarf is a viable alternative that helps maintain durability at the cost of overall offense, including no boost to Earth Power or Vacuum Wave. I'd also aruge that a 0 Speed IV on Bloodmoon isn't a necessity, and makes it more viable in non-TR mode against bulkier mons.

While very few things want to be on the receiving end of a nuclear-boosted Blood Moon, this core is not without its weaknesses:
  • Scream Tail has next to no offensive presence. While Scream Tail's bulk makes positioning easier, the bad matchups that do exist are hard to get out of if you fall behind early or bring the wrong teammate in the third slot.
  • Steel-types can be very effective at stalling out a Trick Room Bloodmoon sweep or knocking out Scream Tail before it can setup fully. Scizor and Corviknight in particular will often force you to forego Trick Room and play your secondary mode.
  • Bulky mons in general such as Ting-Lu and Dondozo can also stall long enough to let a traditional sweeper clean up after Trick Room.
  • Scream Tail is very susceptible to Taunt; Mental Herb is a viable alternative to Sitrus Berry if desired.
A lot of the above is handled by smart positioning and a good preview game. A core like this should have a secondary face-to-face mode, so knowing when to go with traditional offense over Trick Room support is critical. Some suggested teammates:
  • :ogerpon-hearthflame: : The premier Steel-killer this regulation, as well as being plenty viable into other bulky targets like Ting-Lu and Dondozo. Usually provides excellent face-to-face value in and out of dedicated Trick Room mode.
  • :dragonite: : Scale Shot + Fire Punch Dragonite is a set that has been catching on, giving great setup potential while also providing another way to cover Steel-types. Scale Shot or Dragon Dance are both great setup on a final turn of Trick Room, when necessary.
  • :gholdengo: : The most popular out against bulky Yawn and Whirlwind spam, though it can be Tera-hungry depending on the set that is being run.
Hope you found this helpful. Have fun laddering!

Last edited:
:scream-tail: :ursaluna-bloodmoon:
https://pokepast.es/ba7bf0648bcf2900

Been awhile, but let's talk about a new Regulation E core that's been on the rise: Scream Tail Trick Room into Bloodmoon.

Bloodmoon needs little introduction: its a bulky offensive titan who has been causing fits with its Blood Moon attack and Mind's Eye ability. Scream Tail, however, got a massive buff with the addition of Misty Explosion as a DLC TM. With that one missing piece, Trick Room Scream Tail became a nigh perfect storm of bulk, speed and support utility. Stealth Rocks prevents Sash mons and Multiscale Dragonite from stalling Trick Room turns, a semi-fast Encore can disrupt opponents trying to setup before you, and Misty Explosion safely gets Bloodmoon into position. Scream Tail is very airtight at making sure the stage is set for a (Tera Normal) Bloodmoon onslaught.

The bulk you see on Scream Tail mainly concerns Flutter Mane and Urshifu. Choice Specs Shadow Ball from Mane misses the OHKO, and Banded Urshifu almost always misses the 2HKO with Sitrus Berry accounted for. Bloodmoon bulk is harder to account for if running Life Orb, but 244 HP at least minimizes Life Orb chip (10n-1 HP.) Slik Scarf is a viable alternative that helps maintain durability at the cost of overall offense, including no boost to Earth Power or Vacuum Wave. I'd also aruge that 0 Speed on Bloodmoon isn't a necessity, and makes it more viable in non-TR mode against bulkier mons.

While very few things want to be on the receiving end of a nuclear-boosted Blood Moon, this core is not without its weaknesses:
  • Scream Tail has next to no offensive presence. While Scream Tail's bulk makes positioning easier, the bad matchups that do exist are hard to get out of if you fall behind early or bring the wrong teammate in the third slot.
  • Steel-types can be very effective at stalling out a Trick Room Bloodmoon sweep or knocking out Scream Tail before it can setup fully. Scizor and Corviknight in particular will often force you to forego Trick Room and play your secondary mode.
  • Bulky mons in general such as Ting-Lu and Dondozo can also stall long enough to let a traditional sweeper clean up after Trick Room.
  • Scream Tail is very susceptible to Taunt; Mental Herb is a viable alternative to Sitrus Berry if desired.
A lot of the above is handled by smart positioning and a good preview game. A core like this should have a secondary face-to-face mode, so knowing when to go with traditional offense over Trick Room support is critical. Some suggested teammates:
  • :ogerpon-hearthflame: : The premier Steel-killer this regulation, as well as being plenty viable into other bulky targets like Ting-Lu and Dondozo. Usually provides excellent face-to-face value in and out of dedicated Trick Room mode.
  • :dragonite: : Scale Shot + Fire Punch Dragonite is a set that has been catching on, giving great setup potential while also providing another way to cover Steel-types. Scale Shot or Dragon Dance are both great setup on a final turn of Trick Room, when necessary.
  • :gholdengo: : The most popular out against bulky Yawn and Whirlwind spam, though it can be Tera-hungry depending on the set that is being run.
Hope you found this helpful. Have fun laddering!
Fascinating, Idk that I've seen this! I've seen more Mimikyu w/ Luna for tr.

I keep wanting to make one of these, but even when it seems like it's working, my teams are too offbeat to really suggest much out of them. And I always forget to keep track of opponent's cores I can post here lol.

Having multiple, 2 or 3, makes it harder to think of anything than just the VR. I think Espathra, w/ whatever it's used w/ most, can be a core if we're dealing w/ Scream Tail too. I've routinely made allowances for checking Espathra, but I think it can be good vs. the less paranoid. Spe pass is unique for now still, and Lumina Crash is ridiculous too imo. Um, I looked through all cores but it's possible I just missed an Espathra one, if so sorry.

Edit: that might be ok, but it's not like I've even used Espathra. But I have used frosmoth extensively, and it managed to get C rank cause of my noise over it. I think one Mon that seems to work well with it is Zapdos, there are at least two other 2 Mon cores that share rock as a weakness, so that is just a consideration and not a disqualifier. Basically frosmoth is super specially fat, but fears bullet punch and that kind. Zapdos walls stuff like Scizor, and gives a good chance for para just by switching in. It's also not bad vs Oger h imo, I favor phys def Zapdos greatly in this core. Frosmoth really hurts some things that sit on or threaten Zapdos, like hippo, ting lu, and the BM beast. 2 of those are very noteworthy SR setters, so even though this core is weak to that on paper, part of it costs them if they go for set up on it. U-Turn or Volt Switch work great on Zapdos to bring in Frosmoth(sometimes even safely, though if it's a non fire attack, or you're terad, it's safe enough anyways if it's special.) I like U-Turn for BM, mine is a curious mixed zappy. DNite is pressured at least a bit by both, and para from Zapdos is dangerous, even to lum sets as they'll generally need contact and there's t-wave/discharge to help spread. I find Ground Frosmoth to be better than the more common water tera(not that I've even tried water, as ground works so well for fire and/or steel types. Did used to run ice but idk if that's worth, maybe on a set up but I'm AV...) This not only helps Frosmoth tremendously vs. the aforementioned types and Pex, it gets rid of lots of potential trouble for zappy like Gholdengo, Heatran, Magnezone, Chi-Yu, and Iron Moth.

I could probably go on but nvm. Um, so reasons this isn't all over the place...well, one that comes to mind is kind of Ninetails-a. These can maybe outlast Frosmoth, or more likely drop SpA w/ moonblast and get up a 3rd or 4th veil before dying. It'd be a long fight. Deals more vs the ground tera ofc, and is immune to freeze/resistant to both STABs. Pretty great into Zapdos too. Zapdos is only really fine into Oger-H if it isn't SD or terad, this mon ofc breaks Frosmoth regardless, practically, of my set, and that much goes for any mask variant. Flutter is handled great by Frosmoth esp., w/ the regular type fearing just Mystical Fire, and even that is just a 3hko in my case. Terad it'd take SpA dropping + CM. But Chien Pao is trickier for this pair...ish. Frosmoth hates Throat Chop, and only really lives if they're unboosted(no cb/lo.) Zapdos will just die...except tera and the para chance if the tera dissuades the use of Icicle Crash. Other than that I can't think of many issues...though you'd think I could from my w/l ratio lol. Anyways, Garganacl isn't the most aprreciated. Straight up counter to Zappy, Frosmoth deals plenty, but only if they're not terad, and needs to tera itself. Garg is esp. noteworthy imo cause Zappy can't fix match up w;/ a cloak like some others, there is no move for the regular Zapdos to harm a plain rock immune to status iirc. Oh, and one I DON'T like is Gimmora. SR, rock STAB, and Energy Ball to at least chip terad Frosmoth(to bring just to sash and better take Power Gem.) Still I'm in favor of these two together....more now that I wrote this...and think the match up into many top things is cool. For instance, Frosmoth is a great answer to Iron Bundle(also helps Zapdos,) and the 2 mostly get Flutter and at least a lot of DNites. Urshifus have an eays time w/ Frosmoth(or just moths in general lol,) but Zapdos is trickier for them. I'm a huge fan of Frosmoth for a while now, but it could probably go w/ other physicaly bulky things, as Zapdos isn't crazy bulky, and even has slightly more SpD(Cresselia syndrome where the slightly lower def gets the investment usually, for type or w/e.) Something like...idk. Pex, or Dondozo maybe. This seems to be a balanced core, Frosmoth doesn't get roost or w/e to make it stall-y, and is slow for all out offensive, w/ Zapdos being open to set up from them, and not the most tanky(hence not really a 'defensive' core part, here,) and only moderately fast and offensive, so not really that(mine is 31 Spe iv but kinda slow for uninvested relaxed, cause mixed. It brings lotsa para though, and a slow ish u-turn is often a plus...)

EDIT: is this even used still...? Well, I think Archaludon is agood candidate for a core(s,) and ofc Gouging Fire+Torkoal.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Been awhile but Regulation F has been a lot of fun and I've been enjoying researching all the wild stuff going on. Since no new cores have been posted in awhile, I figured it would be a good idea to drop in and show off some of the goods for those who might still need a hand getting started this regulation.

Below are several Reg F relevant cores as well as a quick summary of how to build/operate with them. Each one has seen enough usage that I will be linking two or three reports that you can look at to further explore these cores. On that same note, these are only examples; many members have multiple ways they can be built, so definitely do your own research and see what looks interesting to you! So without further ado, let's get to the good stuff.

Click the Pokemon icons to look at an example pokepaste.

Alomomola Cycle Cores
:alomomola: + :whimsicott: + :chien-pao: / :chi-yu:
:alomomola: + :gliscor: + :chien-pao: / :chi-yu:
Alomomola has quickly become one of the most popular cycle pieces in Regulation F, thanks to its great Flip Turn and Regenerator combo.

One of the newest Alomomola setups to make the rounds is the pairing with Whimsicott, which can use its Prankster Encore to stop Substitute and setup move usage that takes advantage of Alomomola's passiveness. The two also have a great natural type synergy, which is important for cycle pairings like these. As is the case with cycle teams, you want to employ breakers like Chien-Pao and Chi-Yu who benefit from the pivoting and disrupting of the main core; the Chi-Yu listed in the "WhiMola" core above (original name do not steal!!1!) benefits from Whimsicott's Tailwind by being able to outspeed up to Booster Iron Bundle!

Reports:
Rank 16
Rank 553

Gliscor has also benefitted from Alomomola's surge, touting the pink fish as its most common partner in the month of March. While Gliscor mode tends to be a secondary mode rather than the main focus, its still a deviously hard-to-break core when deployed properly. The basic strategy is to take an early 3-2 lead with your breaker, then play for a stall-out win by combining Alomomola's Regenerator pivoting and Gliscor's Poison Heal stalling.

Reports:
Rank 61
Rank 254
Rank 577

ParaSupport + Basculegion Face-to-Face
:flutter-mane: + :basculegion:
This core has been making the rounds for awhile but has maintained relevance in Regulation F. The strategy is a simple take on hyper offense: Basculegion possesses such extreme power with Adaptability and Last Respects that, with the right support, it can overwhelm opposing offensive lineups and even win 1v2's! This is where Thunder Wave Flutter Mane comes in, as it can take matchups that it otherwise won't win and pitch them to Basculegion through paralysis support. What's great about this is that you run general offense or lead support with the other four slots and can easily build a secondary mode for Basculegion's more polarizing matchups (Rillaboom, Urshifu-S, etc.) With the versatility both Flutter Mane and Basculegion bring to the table, there are plenty of directions you can go with this core!

Reports
Rank 47
Rank 60
Rank 74

Basculegion Rain Mode
:pelipper: + :basculegion: + :archaludon:
While not quite a high ladder powerhouse, this is probably the most common weather core so far in Regulation F. Not much needs to be said about Drizzle Pelipper and Swift Swim Basculegion, as it is pretty self-explanatory. Archaludon is actually a Stealth Rock lead here instead of Electro shot because (a) Stealth Rock is still extremely desirable on a flowchart offense such as this and (b) it can possibly cause confusion as to what its purpose is at team preview. At face value, its a pretty simple and straight to the point setup!

Reports:
Rank 166
Rank 362
Rank 403

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)