Format Discussion Super Staff Bros 4 Discussion Thread

Maybe it's just me but I feel like the drampa's grandpa change might actually be a buff if the opponent doesn't have a lot of mons that can 2HKO it, cause now he can spam Get Off My Lawn repeatedly and phaze spam/slack off when a non-threat comes in, making it a lot harder to get in a mon that can take him out, whereas if he switches out, it gives you a chance to predict his next switch and either catch him with a check or put a check out first to dissuade him from coming in. The other changes are all good, though I'm not sure if the HoeenHero change will be enough to make a big difference since it still has Swift Swim, but at least it means that if you do manage to survive and kill it its teammates won't have as big of an advantage.

Last edited:

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Alright, back down to F tier I go. It was a good run in E tier.

She, please.

I respect the decisions of QC regarding my mon, and appreciate the hard work of everyone on the project to make this possible. :blobnom:
Actually this was bc mad hacks was supposed to be -7 when I was implementing TR into it. I just forgot to code it in lmao.

Actually, I think one change to Immortal that I'd want would be to replace Freeze Dry with another ice move. Boltbeam is already solid coverage, it really doesn't also need to be able to 4x hit the few water/ground types we have, which are one of the only mons that would otherwise reliably counter it.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Generally I encounter way too many situations where one pokemon just sweeps the other team, it seems like there are simply too few defensive mons or good revenge-killers that are capable of halting a sweep.
SSB team generation is very shallow, as it only rejects pokemon once the team has 3 weaknesses in a certain type, and the rejected pokemon also has a weakness to it as well. Trying to get as inclusive of a format where everyone appears close to the same amount is a higher priority than better team generation. So yeah, so times you get bad RNG and get curb stomped, it just happens. If you want better team generation play something else lol.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
Due to excessive complaints about the uncompetitiveness of the current format. Hoeen and I are going to be greenlighting Super Staff Bros 4 Wii U: A more competitive version of the existing Super Staff Bros. This format will be more balanced and skillful compared to the wackiness of the current metagame. We hope you check it out soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)