SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try and collect bottle caps? How difficult is it?

EDIT: Let me rephrase. What would be more challenging, breeding a competitive 5-6 IV mon from a perfect ditto, or breeding a 4-5 IV mon and then using bottle caps to boost that last relevant stat.

EDIT2: I also wonder if the effects of bottle caps are kept on after a trade or after being put in the bank.

Last edited:
I am building a bulky and slow in game team, that has access, but does not rely on trick room. Would it be better to use oranguru, or slowbro? Is oranguru even worth it? Using oranguru would open up a slot for a bulky water type, but slowbro does do all that I would want in a bulky trick setter. Your thoughts?
Can some one answer this?

Anyone know a good way to farm Poke Beans? Trying to get Isle Evelup and Isle Avue (to unlock the IV Judge faster). Also wondering what the highest level of the Festival Plaza Lotto is?

Anyone know a good way to farm Poke Beans? Trying to get Isle Evelup and Isle Avue (to unlock the IV Judge faster). Also wondering what the highest level of the Festival Plaza Lotto is?
you get some free beans per day from the cafe

the best thing to do is actually to focus on upgrading the bean island first, because you'll get lots of beans that way and a lot more patterned & rainbow beans, that you can then trade in for more beans. THen just check in on it periodically to harvest the beans, shake the tree, see if any pokemon found some beans. I have bean island at max, berry island at 2, cave at 2, hotsprings at 2 and all islands unlocked and my beans refill pretty fast even withotu cashing in patternred & rainbows.

you get some free beans per day from the cafe

the best thing to do is actually to focus on upgrading the bean island first, because you'll get lots of beans that way and a lot more patterned & rainbow beans, that you can then trade in for more beans. THen just check in on it periodically to harvest the beans, shake the tree, see if any pokemon found some beans. I have bean island at max, berry island at 2, cave at 2, hotsprings at 2 and all islands unlocked and my beans refill pretty fast even withotu cashing in patternred & rainbows.
Ah, okay. Another (probably dumb) question: How do eggs work in Isle Avue? (I just unlocked it)

After getting my 6IV Ditto, I've been breeding and I'll probably be getting a lot of 3-4 IV stuff. How are we marking IVs in this game? There's blue, red, and blank. Just asking before I mass Wonder Trade off some of the brejects.
I would say mark 31's as blues and 0's as reds. The blue marks are same as always while reds show you would usually want to avoid it.

With the experience scaling back, does the Exp. Share base what it gives non-participants in a battle on what they would have received against the opponent, or what the participant who knocks out the opponent gets? I assume/I hope/it absolutely should be the former.
coming back to this real quick, can definitely confirm it

Before battle, my cubone (untraded, no pokemon refresh bonuses, no lucky egg) had 20941 exp
Buzzwole gained 1234 exp from a raticate (forgot to note the level, my bad)
Cubone after the battle had 22490 exp

EXP share gives half of what's earned, so but i dont see the 600 some odd exp ballooning to that

Once you create a Power Construct Zygarde, the Zygarde Assembler will not let you seperate it again, so you can't get Aura Break variants anymore and you lose access to 100 cells. If you transfer Zygardes from other games after you have created a Power Construct Zygarde, can you make lesser formes with the new cells or do I basically not get Aura Break Zyagrde on that specific cartridge?

Is there any way to replace a Lucky Egg if you pulled a complete moron move and released a Pokemon holding it, short of trading with someone else? Asking for a friend who totally isn't me and totally didn't do this this morning without realizing.

as for EV yields for the alolan forms, are they different for some of them compared to their regular form? for example, a regular raticate gives 2speed evs but alolan raticates highest stat is now special defense so would it be different

Is there any way to replace a Lucky Egg if you pulled a complete moron move and released a Pokemon holding it, short of trading with someone else? Asking for a friend who totally isn't me and totally didn't do this this morning without realizing.
Nope. There's only one lucky egg in the game and none of the wild pokemon hold it. You will have to trade for one.

Well balls. I really wish they would implement an additional check when releasing a 'mon with a held item, I've lost so many things to going too fast while breeding/training and releasing something I wanted.

EDIT: Guess who just found his Lucky Egg in a completely different place. Thank god.

Last edited:
How do you get Gold Bottle Caps? Is it a random chance of getting one when you would receive a normal Bottle Cap?

Can Battle Tree opponents have Tapus?

Is there any limit on the number of gift Heart Scales you can get by eating at Seafolk Village?

When doing a Wonder Trade, there is some kind of relation between the type of the second message the other trainer gives you and the Pokemon you get in return, right?

Because I got congratulatory messages when I traded three lvl <10 Pokemon and got two Level 30~40 Pokemon and a Kartana.

If I KO the other Tapus (I know this works for Koko), will they also respawn? I'd like to some Exp from them before going to the E4 if I can safely KO them.

Who's the earliest Mon you can obtain ingame for Sun that learns Taunt? I'm considering collecting a bunch of Synchronize Abra and don't want them Teleporting away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)