SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take for Espeon/Umbreon to show up? I've been on Route 4 fighting the same Eevee for at least 4 hours and I've yet to see a single Espeon/Umbreon. Night switched to day cause I left my game open overnight so it should be an Espeon. What am I doing wrong?
Could someone please answer my question? Thanks.

How long does it take for Espeon/Umbreon to show up? I've been on Route 4 fighting the same Eevee for at least 4 hours and I've yet to see a single Espeon/Umbreon. Night switched to day cause I left my game open overnight so it should be an Espeon. What am I doing wrong?
Espeon/Umbreon are SOS encounters only. This means it cannot appear on its own, and must be summoned by a call for help by another wild pokemon (Eevee in this case). To find one as quickly as possible, you'll need an Adrenalin Orb, a pokemon that knows False Swipe, and preferably Leftovers (you can get them from a wild Munchlax on route 1) because you'll be sitting there taking hits from Eevee for a few dozen turns. When you find an Eevee, activate the Adrenalin Orb then hit it with False Swipe. Continue to KO pokemon that get summoned until one of them is an Espeon, then catch it. Keep in mind that you can't just put Eevee to sleep, as sleeping pokemon cannot call for help.

Last edited:
Was just going to ask how long it would take to get hidden abilities to start showing up when chaining...

And I manage to find a shiny imposter ditto at about #35. how sick.
Nice! I haven't noticed any HA's yet (although most don't telegraph quite as obviously as Imposter does ;-) and was planning to start checking with Entrainment once I reached the post-game.

Actually, speaking of hidden ability hunting, is there any reasonable way to get Abra's hidden ability? Looking at the datamine it does appear to have SOS data so a Magic Guard Abra can spawn, but there's the obvious problem that if you prevent it from using Teleport then it will struggle and KO itself, ending the chain. In theory a set of Heal Pulse/Taunt/Entrainment could pull it off, but there's no Alolan pokemon that gets this combination (Chimecho is the only one that can do this AFAIK) and it still looks like you could easily run out of PP before you get far enough in the chain since healing Abra will make it less likely to call for help. Ideas?

Nice! I haven't noticed any HA's yet (although most don't telegraph quite as obviously as Imposter does ;-) and was planning to start checking with Entrainment once I reached the post-game.

Actually, speaking of hidden ability hunting, is there any reasonable way to get Abra's hidden ability? Looking at the datamine it does appear to have SOS data so a Magic Guard Abra can spawn, but there's the obvious problem that if you prevent it from using Teleport then it will struggle and KO itself, ending the chain. In theory a set of Heal Pulse/Taunt/Entrainment could pull it off, but there's no Alolan pokemon that gets this combination (Chimecho is the only one that can do this AFAIK) and it still looks like you could easily run out of PP before you get far enough in the chain since healing Abra will make it less likely to call for help. Ideas?
Teleport fails if used against something like Mean Look, Shadow Tag or Arena trap. AT Dugtrio is currently unavailable and there's no shadow tagger, but Mean Look exists.

Unless I misunderstand how teleport works, it should "go off" but fail as if you were using counter but nothing happens or bide but nothing happens. So you have a solid 20 turns to wait for chaining.

Even if not, thats 4 turns before it kills itself, and with an adreneline orb you should be able to get another abra into battle and then KO the original while the other takes SOS duties

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Teleport fails if used against something like Mean Look, Shadow Tag or Arena trap. AT Dugtrio is currently unavailable and there's no shadow tagger, but Mean Look exists.
We have Mega Gengar and Trapinch.
Gengarite costs 64 BP and Trpinch is a 10% chance from the moving spots in the desert.

We have Mega Gengar and Trapinch.
Gengarite costs 64 BP and Trpinch is a 10% chance from the moving spots in the desert.
i always forget mega gengar has shadow tag, but it was one of the things that get mean look anyway. Also totally spaced on Trapinch, thanks for the correction.

incidentally i'd argue that breeding Mean Look onto Absol and then giving it False Swipe might be the best option. Every other option gets one but not the other

Mean Look Absol seems by far the best option. Mean Look to stop fleeing, False Swipe to provoke calls for help, Hail to check for Magic Guard without killing, and then the 4th slot will need to be some sort of non-harmful move with a lot of PP... Leer looks good for that purpose. Thanks for pointing out that Mean Look stops Teleport, I think that gives me a workable approach to my hidden ability Abra.

Mean Look Absol seems by far the best option. Mean Look to stop fleeing, False Swipe to provoke calls for help, Hail to check for Magic Guard without killing, and then the 4th slot will need to be some sort of non-harmful move with a lot of PP... Leer looks good for that purpose. Thanks for pointing out that Mean Look stops Teleport, I think that gives me a workable approach to my hidden ability Abra.
don't forget to pop an adrenaline orb

Absol also gets Thunder Wave. Paralysis is important because it stops SOS calls (or, at the very least, lowers the chance by a bunch. I have never seen a paralyzed pokemon call for help).

you can also attempt to use another adrenaline orb. it will fail, but wont be used up and will waste a turn.

you can also attempt to use another adrenaline orb. it will fail, but wont be used up and will waste a turn.
Didn't know that; that's great for stalling turns (I've just been switching back and forth when chaining so far, but obviously that's not an option if I'm using Mean Look). I don't think the T-Wave is necessary since Abra already has a good catch-rate so a single turn is probably all it will take to capture it, but if I've got the spare moveslot then why not?

Didn't know that; that's great for stalling turns (I've just been switching back and forth when chaining so far, but obviously that's not an option if I'm using Mean Look). I don't think the T-Wave is necessary since Abra already has a good catch-rate so a single turn is probably all it will take to capture it, but if I've got the spare moveslot then why not?
Using Thunder Wave isn't to make catching abra easier, it's to give you an opening to actually throw a ball. Even at full health after an adreneline orb there's a good chance they'll call for help and then you get into the SOS battle of attrition as you waste turns KOing the other abra while the OTHER abra might be doing another successful SOS.
Best to just cut that off at the pass, save some hassle

Is it possible to find a hidden ability Gabite by S.O.S chaining the Haina desert? I've been at it for awhile and still haven't found one.

Espeon/Umbreon are SOS encounters only. This means it cannot appear on its own, and must be summoned by a call for help by another wild pokemon (Eevee in this case). To find one as quickly as possible, you'll need an Adrenalin Orb, a pokemon that knows False Swipe, and preferably Leftovers (you can get them from a wild Munchlax on route 1) because you'll be sitting there taking hits from Eevee for a few dozen turns. When you find an Eevee, activate the Adrenalin Orb then hit it with False Swipe. Continue to KO pokemon that get summoned until one of them is an Espeon, then catch it. Keep in mind that you can't just put Eevee to sleep, as sleeping pokemon cannot call for help.
Thanks for the lengthy reply. I know they're SOS encounters. I was just wondering how long it takes to find them. I fought the same Eevee for hours, having it call for help over and over and the only things that came in were Eevees so I just gave up.

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I know they're SOS encounters. I was just wondering how long it takes to find them. I fought the same Eevee for hours, having it call for help over and over and the only things that came in were Eevees so I just gave up.
it might have to do with the slots? The SOS tables still confuse me, but I noticed that on route 4
http://serebii.net/pokearth/alola/route4.shtml

There's 4 different SOS slots and the only thing that changes is Igglybuff & eevee's. Is it possible that only the first SOS call has a 5% chance and every call after that is always an Eevee?

Endgame question about the cover legendary.
I know from walkthroughs that Solgaleo/Lunala becomes available for capture shortly after defeating the main antagonist. I have heard it absolutely needs to be captured to proceed.

Is it possible to leave the Altar and go back to a Pokémon Center to get a Synchronizer before actually attempting to capture it?

Is there already some sort of consensus on a good/acceptable nature for Lunala? Timid/Modest, or maybe Bold/Calm?

Incidentally, is it possible to obtain extra Moon Balls somewhere?

With the experience scaling back, does the Exp. Share base what it gives non-participants in a battle on what they would have received against the opponent, or what the participant who knocks out the opponent gets? I assume/I hope/it absolutely should be the former.

With the experience scaling back, does the Exp. Share base what it gives non-participants in a battle on what they would have received against the opponent, or what the participant who knocks out the opponent gets? I assume/I hope/it absolutely should be the former.
having been grinding in poni wilds all day to evolve people, I can say it does seem to work by giving whatever the base amount of exp is, then calculating by-pokemon.

My Buzzwole is getting ~1300 depending on the pokemon, which when halved should not be enough for the number of levels I'm getting.

I know from walkthroughs that Solgaleo/Lunala becomes available for capture shortly after defeating the main antagonist. I have heard it absolutely needs to be captured to proceed.

Is it possible to leave the Altar and go back to a Pokémon Center to get a Synchronizer before actually attempting to capture it?

Is there already some sort of consensus on a good/acceptable nature for Lunala? Timid/Modest, or maybe Bold/Calm?

Incidentally, is it possible to obtain extra Moon Balls somewhere?
I haven't progressed to that part yet so I couldn't say, but as far as I know, you can catch a Cosmog after the Pokémon league (http://serebii.net/sunmoon/legendary.shtml). Perhaps that one would be easier to prepare for?

After getting my 6IV Ditto, I've been breeding and I'll probably be getting a lot of 3-4 IV stuff. How are we marking IVs in this game? There's blue, red, and blank. Just asking before I mass Wonder Trade off some of the brejects.

Yes, you can leave the area and come back later. You just can't progress further in the story-line until you finish your business here.

Are legendaries still guaranteed 3 31 IVs, or is it 4 now? I just caught a Solgaleo with 4 31 IVs (unfortunately I have to toss because it's Timid and SpA IV is 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)